I know people have been complaining a lot about Bendis' run on Superman...

I know people have been complaining a lot about Bendis' run on Superman. Can y'all explain what makes his DC stuff so bad?

Attached: brian-michael-bendis-a-former-marvel-writer-who-comes-to-dc-to-much-fanfare[1].jpg (1300x650, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/brianmbendis/status/1009200736083668994?lang=en
instagram.com/p/BkOLSSrnezh/
popcultureuncovered.com/2018/06/21/bendis-could-make-nuclear-man-a-compelling-character/
cbr.com/bendis-superman-nuclear-man-comics/
syfy.com/syfywire/bendis-will-introduce-superman-ivs-nuclear-man-to-dc-comics-continuity-seriously
newsarama.com/40473-superman-iv-quest-for-peace-s-big-bad-coming-to-dc-comics.html
screenrant.com/superman-comic-nuclear-man-villain/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>immediately separates clark and lois
>donut steel oc is actually part of his origin story
>"what the fuck is a continuity"

The same thing that made his marvel stuff bad. Thinking he's more clever than he really is, pushing shitty OCs, and using shock value/rage bait in place of a story

Attached: 1548788005373.png (1022x731, 643K)

putting blocks upon blocks upon blocks of text over an image that ruins the panel is my major gripe, oh & not understanding the supporting cast of superman & insists on running them through the wringer.

What does Donut Steel mean? new here

It doesn’t matter what publisher he’s at, his material is shit. Recent crime is basically replacing Jon Kent with a completely new character by aging him up 7 years off panel. You can’t just rob him of that much character development like that and expect people to instantly be okay with it. Furthermore, the circumstances behind his off panel age up make both Clark and Lois look like extremely irresponsible parents by letting him go with a previously established insane Jor-El

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Cleveland Institute of Art, and I've been involved in numerous secret projects at Marvel Studios, and I have over 300 award-winning comics. I am trained in creative writing and I'm the top writer in the entire US comic industry. You are nothing to me but just another fanboy. I will blow you the fuck out with writing the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of friends across the industry and your whining is being ignored right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call canon. You're fucking lucky, kid. I can be at any publisher, anytime, and I can entertain you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my dialogue. Not only am I extensively trained in writing dialogue, but I have access to the entire backlog of DC Comics and I will ignore it to its full extent to wipe your miserable fixation with continuity off the face of the internet, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retcons your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the $4.99 cover price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit Eisner-winning writing all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking lucky, kiddo.

Attached: bendis.jpg (325x329, 70K)

It’s not rage bait just pointless shallow drama.

Slang for “Do not steal”, a phrase often associated with creators of “new” poorly written characters one mind compare to a Deviantart fan creation. Bendis in particular is notorious for pushing his creations over others, often half assed and require other writers to pick up his slack later. For example, Miles Morales and Riri Williams only became salvageable after Bendis stopped writing them

On DeviantArt it was (is) popular for shitty artists to recolor existing characters and give them a different name, but cite it as their original idea. The tag "Original Copy; Do Not Steal" was used seriously by them, but the majority of the internet called them idiots for it and reduced to until it became "oc donut steel".

His dialog is insufferable. Here's what a back and forth between characters reads like with him writing:
>Umm, so thing.
>Thing?
>Yeah, thing.
>Huh. What about thing?
>Well, like, it's not too great.
>What do you mean? I thought everyone liked it.
>Well not everyone (especially not me).
>Oh.
>Yeah.
>Well maybe if you looked at it from a different light.
>Like a well-lit room?
>No, a new paradigm.
>Paradigm?
>Paradigm.
>Someone's been using their word-of-the-day calender.
>Shut up.
>Haha, sorry. So... about thing...
>Do you still not like it?
>I just don't know.
>Well I hope you do end up knowing.
>Yeah. Me too.
>Was that all?
>Yeah. This was a nice talk.
>Real nice talk. Where's the waitress with our coffee?

Liquid : Snaaaaaaaaake!!!

Snake : Meryl? Meryl!?

Meryl : Uh, Uh, uhnnn... Snake? Is that you? Snake! You're alive! Thank
God!

Snake : Meryl? Meryl, are you okay?

Meryl : Are you okay... Is that all you can say?

Snake : Meryl, it must have been terrible...

Meryl : It wasn't that bad. I didn't give in to the torture.

Snake : Torture?

Meryl : ...And things even worse than that... I was fighting too. Just like
you.

Snake : You're a strong woman.

Meryl : Fighting them... made me feel closer to you. I felt like you were
there with me. It gave me the strength to go on. But I was scared.

Snake : ...I'm sorry.

Meryl : Don't say that... But it made me realize something. During all the
pain and shame there was one thing I was sure of... a single hope
that I held onto... And that hope kept me alive...

Snake, I wanted to see you again...

Pretty awful stuff.

10/10 if your own original variant on it.

bendis is Cancer.

How is his new OCs in any way worse than Miles or Silk?

Bendis comics dont come with stealth action gameplay

How are*

And they aren’t. Thats the point
This user explained it well

With Teen Lantern we now have eight active Earth GLs in the comics.

>Can y'all explain what makes his DC stuff so bad?
Still, I'm not reading that shit

saved

Attached: Bendis 300 sales kills.png (1743x309, 124K)

Well Teen Lantern overall is just fucking stupid and sounds like it was made by someone with zero understanding on how Power Rings work. An Earth teenager jail breaking on of the most complex devices in the universe? Fuck you, Bendis. Doesn’t help that she has no training to use it, and the fact that it’s another Earth Lantern we didn’t need. Teen Lantern overall doesn’t add anything new to the GL material, and it’s just another shameless example of Bendis wanting another black girl character made for his daughters

Hey Bendis, if you're reading this please stop writing Superman, you're doing a shit job. Also consider retiring.

Let's see
>New OC villain that makes no literal sense whatsoever as the new reason why Krypton fell (remember, Bendis also wrote a new ending for Krypton that makes kryptonians look bad)
>Immediately go and use a character that was meant to be dead (Mr. Oz, aka Jor-El) to then make Jon Kent and Lois go away for some needless drama.
>Then Jon comes back way older than he's supposed to be, which makes no sense either.
>Then also force some retarded shit with Lois staying in Earth rather than accompanying her damn son.
>Also make this dumb ass villain that hates Superman because he didn't help her in a accident or some shit.
>Also a new black OC character no one asked for
>Bendis speak
>Force insane pairings out of the water (Jimmy Olsen with Talia Al Ghul, for christ's sake)
>Seriously thinking he's more clever than he really is, pushing shitty OCs, and using shock value/rage bait in place of a story

He's destroying everything Rebirth built up for Superman. He's had Jon Kent, Supermans ten year old son ripped away from him and tortured for years in another dimension to age him up to seventeen. He's destroying Jon sa a character. He's also is doing weird and potentially disastrous things with Lois and Clark's marriage beginning with Lois not telling her husband she'd come back and them living separately.

One would think he would be aware of all the criticism by now but he insists getting worse and worse at his writing.

You know I’m actually pissed about the Nuclear Man thing. I’m not going to pretend he was this great character or something, but the entire thing felt pointless and stupid
>Make a big deal that the character is returning via marketing
>Shows up for about 2 pages out of nowhere, with no real context, and is instantly killed off
A better writer would have found a use for the Donner creation.
To be fair Kryptonians were assholes before

Attached: 3018BC32-6F77-4996-94AC-D7107C59380B.jpg (1200x1845, 396K)

Most of those “complaints” seem completely non-problems. What kind of faggot gets butthurt at the Kryptonians being portrayed badly? They’re always portrayed as retards.

The days of Ultimate Spider-man and New Avengers are long since past, well over a decade ago. Your Superman sales have already fallen to below where your predecessors, Jurgens and Tomasi were selling, and Dc wasn't paying them as much as they're paying you. Your reckoning will come.

When did Bendis ever “hype him up”?

Bendis messes with gamers... GAMERS! It’s time to RISE the fuck UP!

Attached: 5581A047-B3FF-47D9-B2EC-556A33380C3B.jpg (371x400, 31K)

>What's the N stands for?
>On my world, it's not an N
>...What about n(*noise*)?
>Excuse me

Attached: lois-lane-subway.jpg (680x346, 63K)

>and I can entertain you in over seven hundred ways
Fuck.

Hey Bendis, if you're reading this you're doing a great job, i like young justice and tim , and i like gemworld and that kon is happy with a family

Are you retared?

He teased it on Twitter, and a couple journalists publicized it (I think that there was an interview too but don’t quote me on that). The point is he served no purpose at all so why even have him? Bendis is one of those writers that likes to shit on “lame” characters because he can’t think of anything clever to do with them, which is ironic given his creations often suck upon conception. Did the same thing to Toyman I believe

You’re also dressed like an African musician now.

>Hey Bendis, if you're reading this you're doing a great job, i like young justice and tim , and i like gemworld and that kon is happy with a family
Timfags are cancer.

Isn’t Solid Snake (and his brothers) canonically autistic since he’s been a child soldier since birth and never really socialized with anyone outside his handlers? Plus Big Boss was even more autistic and passed it on along with the old man jizz increasing the likelihood of the autism. Bendis’s difference is that he makes everyone talks like they got the tism and the idiot stick up their ass 24/7.

Attached: 67A126D2-FB53-42CC-AABD-FDE22E292D3D.jpg (500x552, 83K)

>Young Justice
Was the first page in the third issue supposed to seem really gay on purpose?

based

>i like young justice and tim
timfags are now Bendisfags. I almost fell out of my chair laughing what the fuck.

Bendis can't write even a shop list.

Now I want to see Bendis ruin Tim Drake.

based dubs

This is the man that made RiRi Williams; A sociopathic narcissist that stole equipment from MIT to cosplay as a "hero" out of spite. Who in their right mind could think Bendis is a good writer after that?!

>Also a new black OC character no one asked for

who?

His writing is fucking horrible. He has no clue how to write an interesting Superman.

daily reminder that the way bendis writing is going he will probably end up writing the new LOSH book and shoving jon in there as the new superboy

and i will cry in agony

Attached: 1525022894362.jpg (345x432, 12K)

>An Earth teenager jail breaking on of the most complex devices in the universe? Fuck you, Bendis.
Why not? Valeria and Moongirl could do it easily.

MULTI BAIT DRIFTING

>that the way bendis writing is going he will probably end up writing the new LOSH book
Which we we will then need to boycott and tank the sales of. Jon needs to be de-aged and reset.

How is that bait at all? A teenager fucking with a Green Lantern ring is not big feat at all nowadays, she is still light years behind Lunella and Valeria, good luck making a thread and trying to convince anyone this little GL is smarter than them based on this feat alone.

You moron. It trivializes the entire fucking thing. An Earth girl barely in her teens figuring out how the work is like a caveman building an IPhone. Even Lex fucking Luthor can’t build his own ring, and Earth knew how to do it, Power Rings would be as common to manufacture as laser guns on the galactic market. Furthermore, half assed genius characters like Moon Girl over at Marvel are hack writing. When everyone is a super genius, it just becomes average intelligence at that point.

To be fair, no one at DC knows what continuity is right now.

There was always bootleg rings everywhere, that's how most of the several Lantern troops started.

Also a human hacking a green lantern ring is not a big deal at all when Reed, Hank Pym and Dr Doom achieved feats above Celestial tech decades ago.

Based and Bendispilled.

Attached: 8AEC79DD-0D89-407C-9E31-4A197C45E445.jpg (1366x768, 179K)

>Also make this dumb ass villain that hates Superman because he didn't help her in an accident or some shit.
Who was that again? Is it the black chick that can turn into a cloud?

Bendis? Based on what?

I thought you were talking about Cates for a second there.

It's dumb how many writers completely screw up continuity/characters for fans just to stroke their egos.

Attached: 1551024282387.jpg (445x436, 35K)

Fuck off Tommy. We’re not talking about Marvel

It's just butthurt Mouseketeers acting like a jealous ex girlfriend. Bendis is killing at DC right now. After based cereal lord saved the medium from the bitter Alan Moore, alongside his superstar writer friends like Humphries, Tynion, Tomasi and Venditti, Bendis is just moving the vision forward.
Best time to be a DC fan, desu.

>Tomasi
Bendis has destroyed Tomasi's Superman family, Jon Kent, and Supersons.

Stop shilling, Mouseketeer. Bendis is killing it with Superman.

Why do you willingly act like a faggot for worthless (You)s? Bendis has been a plague on comics, both Marvel and DC alike

Nuclear Man was so fucking wasted, i would have loved him to be a Supes rouge

I don't give a crap about marvel and have been divorced from them since OMD.

>donut steel oc is still better than jon who is basically donut steel chibi dick greyson.

These posts sound fake.

Bendis' Superman run is bad.
Bendis' Action Comics is good.

>Jon Kent and Lois go away for some needless drama.
>Lois

What the fuck could Lois do to protect Jon, she was and always will be useless in every way compared to Clark since she's neither a superhero, a alien, a Batman level fighter or a super genius like lex.

Lois has always been dead weight and any writer that writes her as anything else but a suicide rescue fodder is a bad writer and pis incel.

>Then also force some retarded shit with Lois staying in Earth rather than accompanying her damn son.

But Lois is useless, compared to Jor-el that is.

It's more like Action Comics is okay. It's better than a lot of his Marvel work in the 2010's, but not really at the level of his 00's work.

Eat shit CaptainSalt/ladderbro you casual, next time read a comic before shitposting.

He's not wrong, Tommy Ladderbro.

>C-Casual
You first, Tommy. Why the fuck would anyone talk about Marvel characters and continuity in this thread? Eat a dick, casual

Didn't Tomasi or Jurgens have her beat Furies? Bendis is breaking canon by having her not beat up superpowered people on the regular.

Yeah but the thing is MGS is actually good.

0/10, not enough words.

twitter.com/brianmbendis/status/1009200736083668994?lang=en
instagram.com/p/BkOLSSrnezh/

For starters.

Because Marvel is a big part of comic industry? But of course we can talk how a regular guy figured the anti life equation before Darkseid and his scientists or how Lex Luthor hacked Brainiac or Joker escaped Mr Miracle Prison etc.

Manipulating a GL ring is not a big deal at all Ladderfag.

>and a couple journalists publicized it

This definitely did happen.

popcultureuncovered.com/2018/06/21/bendis-could-make-nuclear-man-a-compelling-character/
cbr.com/bendis-superman-nuclear-man-comics/
syfy.com/syfywire/bendis-will-introduce-superman-ivs-nuclear-man-to-dc-comics-continuity-seriously
newsarama.com/40473-superman-iv-quest-for-peace-s-big-bad-coming-to-dc-comics.html
screenrant.com/superman-comic-nuclear-man-villain/

I'm sure there's even more. And of course there's also his own involvement, which was in

This was all I needed to know that it was going to be a whole lot of nothing, because I saw this kind of thing happen where something he was doing at Marvel was hyped up and turned out to be fucking nothing.

>I don't know what I'm talking about

You're an empty mercenary shill, Tommy Ladderbro, of course you would get confused with Marvel and DC

Learn canon and relevancy you moron

Not an argument retard.

Says the guy who's now backpedaling

You're the one backpedaling, I gave several examples why it was not a special or absurd occasion at all with you demanding trying to be more and more specific just to end up in full denial.

>I suddenly brought up Marvel for no reason to talk about how something in the DC Universe is okay, you're backpedaling!!

Just because something in Marvel is done doesn't mean it's okay, Tommy Ladderbro.

Alright you (You) thirsty whore. Do you understand how 2 different publishers completely canons, fiction, and previously established rules? All you’re doing is making yourself look like an ignorant casual faggot. Furthermore, comparing Lex Luthor to a random ass teenager who “LOL just figured it out” is an insult to the characters, lore, and above all the reader. No random normal teenager girl should be able to figure out the mechanics of a power ring, and you bringing up irrelevant shit with characters that aren’t even in the same canon is idiotic

>What the fuck could Lois do to protect Jon, she was and always will be useless in every way compared to Clark since she's neither a superhero, a alien, a Batman level fighter or a super genius like lex.
>Lois has always been dead weight and any writer that writes her as anything else but a suicide rescue fodder is a bad writer and pis incel.
Bendis is still Cancer.

>>donut steel oc is still better than jon who is basically donut steel chibi dick greyson.
Timfag is Cancer.

I dropped this dumpster fire when Joe-El cucked Superman.

Leave you fucking shill/"journalist". Nobody has to give you a reason and if you don't know you shouldn't be making decisions about or writing about the topic.

Simply for being such a sales failure he should be fired. For ignoring every comic he didn't write and doing shit that fans expressly said they didn't want he should be fired. It doesnt need to be any more complicated than that. Fans dislike him, the mere mention of his name is poisonous to hype and his sales are terrible.

DC has decided to hang the entire future of their company on Bendis. While this may or may not sink them, it's already hurting their bottom line.Bendis has been a DISASTER for a good decade before he got on Superman. Why did DC hire him after the DISASTER of an Iron Man Run he had? Past performance is an indicator of what a company gets in the future. Bendis isn't good with established characters or character histories, and he isn't good with heavyweight characters with heavy sci-fi backgrounds like Iron Man and Superman.

endis has been failing for a while now

Holy fuck

Attached: 23f.jpg (3000x1996, 771K)

This

Only shills say this and it's because his action is selling even worse than his Superman.

It's undoubtedly just as bad and the fact that he has both books and hasn't had the stories cross over at all is maybe the worst part of all this. He's shitting up two books for no other reason than Didio and Lee particularly hate Superman fans because they're generally classicists.

You're new as fuck.

Bendis failed at Marvel and now he is on his game, failing. But he is trashing the most iconic hero of all time. I agree with you completely about his abilities when he had it. Bendis hasn't been good for quite a while but DC gambled. Really bad choice.

I've never like his style and I didn't like his Daredevil or anything else. The New Avengers era was 7 years of torture.

Batman: Heir of Arkham by Bendis,when?

Bendis thinking the Arkham games are Canon

Attached: images (7).jpg (543x271, 16K)

He immediately shits on every writer before him and starts changing literally everything about the character that has made the character likable in the first place.

>He's nuking Clark and Lois' relationship
>He got rid of their son and the marriage and all the progress he made.
>He got rid of the Fortress of Solitude, try reloacting it (which has been done before and it always goes back, it's a cheap gimmick)
>He destroyed Kandor just to fluff up his very unoriginal and uncreative OC.
>The OC killed Krypton too... biggest hack writing move.

Imagine a writer destroying the Batcave and the Mansion and having Batman kill Alfred or something. It's like that. There are fundamental parts of a character and continuity that shouldn't be messed with and he messes with all of it.

They need to stop picking up his fucking slack. My goal in life is too write comics, write Superman and Action Comics specifically. I don't know if that's even possible anymore considering how fucked Superman is now. My whole edge was definitely contuining other writer's stories and plots too. I want their to be a direct narrative line running in all the comics...

Except for Bendis. If my dream comes true, I'm not rewriting his bullshit and making him look better. He's going to be only writer I treat as non-canon. If I wrote today, I'd reset the book to write before Bendis started. Everything after was some fucked timeline no one talks about anymore.

Other writers should stop making him look better too. Miles and Riri need to be killed off.

>My goal in life is too write comics, write Superman and Action Comics specifically.
This is why Superfags are considered to be peak autism. Even X-fags are not this autistic.

I don't give a fuck about you or your half-baked opinion. I have dreams and goals and I pursue them. Fuck you for not having them.

>a guy want to be a professional writer
>autism

>Anytime anyone expresses creative ambition on this site

>DUR U IZ NO SMART BE AUSITMOINCELIDDTOR!

It's getting really old how Yea Forums can't be positive or supportive in the least. A bunch of crab losers trying to pull everyone else in the bucket. user wants to write comics, that's great. At least someone is doing something.

I wish you luck, user. Maybe one day I’ll get off my ass and try too after my career stabilizes

Don't forget how he really wants those movie royalties.

>Wanting to become a writer to write your fan fiction is ambition.
Don't worry. One day you'll get to fuck your favorite cartoon girl too.

>Bendis thinking the Arkham games are Canon
Wait. He does?

Isn't he working on another book along with Superman?

Yeah, he's killing DC alright...

>he doesn't realize most Superman writers and comic writers in general were just fans first and professional writers second if at all

I wish I could write a magic story for DC. It sucks that there are no dc characters with magic I could actually use for something light hearted.

He's working on YJ which is probably the best thing he's written in years.

The smart thing to do would be to take him off Superman and let him work solely on YJ, he's fixing years of damage that Johns started and Lobdell continued.
Zatanna could be used for something light hearted.

As somebody who has actually read it I can say that its pretty average. Nothing revolutionary or interesting is pulled. Its like Nick Spencer on Spiderman. an average writer writing a character. Bendis is just a convenient punching bag on this sub. He has lots of terrible work under his belt that people love to bring up here. Most of it is unequivocally bad/mediocre/embarrassing. However his superman stories are just average. His same decompressed narrative stretching arcs that could be done in five issues in ten or fifteen.

The same thing that makes all his stuff so bad
words
words
words
words
words
words

We get it. You watched diversity and comics. thanks for contributing to the discussion you degenerate scum

Maybe if the tone is similar to DCSHG, but right now all of her stuff isn't light hearted at all.

Attached: 1547257951143.jpg (592x604, 169K)

This is so true, they just wanted nothing TEEN iteration of POPULAR HERO CHARACTER. Of course it has to be an over-competent girl too.

Previous issues of Green Lantern when into this. The Corps don't like employing children for obvious reasons like how militaries or cops don't employ children. Modern writers are fucking retards who just want to paint THE BRAND all over the place. You like Green Lantern? EVERYONE IS GREEN LANTERN? You like Spider-man? EVERYONE IS SPIDER MAN!

As someone who actually read it and Spencer's Spider-Man, The narrative stretching is partly what puts Bendis' Superman below Spencer's Spider-Man. And I say this as someone who really didn't like Spencer's own narrative stretching in the early 10's.

He fucked up Jon.
Literally be given something good that has traction and he fucks it up.

Also trunks.... again.

How exactly does Teen Lantern's ring work? I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

I couldn't tell you because I decided not to force myself into reading Bendis. Bro, I was reading all of the REBIRTH books, just to be supportive. I can't continue doing that with Bendis. I wonder how many readers he repelled already?

>literally undid everything good going on with Supes
>Krypton was a holocaust like that holocaust that didn't happen
>shitty stories
Gee I wonder why

Top 5 rebirth books

DC isn't really trying to be light hearted right now.They are more interested in making characters into broken heroes who can't save anyone and character derailment.

He didn't bring back the trunks dumbass they were doing that any way just like they've done with Batman. Because the New 52 was a failure and AT&T wants DC not New 52 DC. Batman and Superman wear trunks.

Go read characters you actually like.

>inb4 the trunks are dumb I still like the character
No, you don't.

Same thing that made his Marvel run so bad, he's in it.

>But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the $4.99 cover price

Attached: shmile.jpg (236x236, 60K)

And that's the reason 99.99% of Superman stories suck and he doesn't even have a decent run since the Bronze age.
Tomasi's run and Johns' run are the Superman equivalent of Miller's Daredevil and Moore's Swamp Thing.

My personal top five? Ummm... Maybe Superman, Action Comics, Supersons, Deathstroke and Green Lanterns.

But Miles and Riri are still shit.
There is such a thing as a bad character, and all of Bendis' OCs are bad characters. Saying that other writers "fix" them is like saying Sonichu could be good, if only he had a good writer.

Not him but only hardcore autists throw a fit over the trunks. I just care about decent stories with Clark.

its not his DC stuff, its all of his stuff from 2000's forward

>Miles is shit
>Spider-Verse did insanely well

Miles was easily the worst part of the movie, and his new ongoing sucks ass as well.

>Which boy?
>This boy?
>Me boy?

Based

0 chance

LOSH is john's baby and nobody is allowed to touch until after doomsday clock ends

Nah fuck you faggot. Only newfags care about them. You don't get to say something isn't a big deal if you're demanding it be changed.

The trunks aren't a big deal unless they aren't there. There is no reason to change a non-issue. You'd have to be pretty hardcore about hating Superman or Batman to refuse to read their stories if they're wearing trunks.

>I can't respond so I'll pretend-contrarian and claims Miles was terrible in the movie, too!

>the one good book Bends has written is
>pic related

Attached: 61tg3-+eUsL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (260x328, 34K)

If the only other book you've ever read was the journal of a blind, rambling, Vietnamese drug addict on the subway.

I don't give a fuck if he is or isn't wearing them, moron. That's my point. Thanks for proving how fucking autistic you are over such a minute thing.

No seriously it is a good book better than most I've read about the medium. there's also a part about the business side of the industry so it would make sense how he can still get work after pumping out less than stellar work in the 2010s compared to his early 00's stuff.

Attached: Marlon Brando Apocalypse Now.png (856x363, 242K)

>Ignores characterizations of characters and basic events that shouldmake interations different than he writes them
I.E. Jor El just showing up at the Kent's place and Clark not even being upset or shcoked in the slightest, even though last time he saw his father, he tried to wipe out humanity and was dying, and disappeared before Clarks eyes. Then when Bendis began his run, he shows up, Clark LETS HIM GO TO SPACE WITH HIS WIFE AND SON, and is SURPRISED when he learns his dad went crazy in space.

He basically sees what other writers do, ignores that, does it himself but in a ridiculously retarded way, and then claims "Yeah, I did that. Aren't I unique?"

It's Spider-man all over again.

Attached: Stopped Reading There.jpg (175x189, 10K)

Actually from what I recollect Bendis was for the pairing. It was Slott and Queseda who hated it

>Can y'all explain what makes his DC stuff so bad?
Don't worry company warrior, it is the same stuff that made is Marvel stuff bad. Having DC on the cover doesn't magically makes him a good writer, although some people are deluded enough to say otherwise.

not him, i haven't keep up with his stuff since i value my time, but i'm fairly certian he is talking about Teen Lantern.
Bolivian girl who hacked into a power battery and too its power, since she is just that smart, deal with it

Thanks for the support! I've been depressed about the goal since Bendis took over and basically ruined everything I wanted to write for Superman. Everything good I wanted go give Clark and Lois....

This though, where do they think writers come from? I need to be a professional writer first before they hire me. I gotta get something else published and THEN apply to DC. It's a long process...

Bump

>Thanks for the support! I've been depressed about the goal since Bendis took over and basically ruined everything I wanted to write for Superman. Everything good I wanted go give Clark and Lois....

Don't worry user. You'll just need to take a few issues at the beginning of your run to clean things up like send Clark back in time to rescue young Jon and get the family back together if somebody else doesn't first.

I hate Bendis because I want wholesome Superbros and will never get it now.

Attached: fab675b4-f918-4333-a08f-27a41a794486.jpg (808x1754, 364K)

user, you know DC is doing a talent search for writers right now. Go on their site and there's details on how to submit.

It's for professional writers. Some autist off Yea Forums can't submit, just because he wants to make his fan fiction true.

Did his smile always looked so...pained?

Why did they let the dude just suddenly age up Jon? I mean, that always goes bad whenever someone ages up a character.

Would've made more sense if the ring was broken and she found it. But then Bendis would've been robbed of writing yet another, sassy, smug super genius black teen girl with attitude!

>Reed, Hank Pym and Dr Doom achieved feats above Celestial tech decades ago.
So why haven't they cured cancer? Why the fuck couldn't one of them heal a fucking bullet wound in Aunt May? You got an answer for that, Poindexter!

You don't gotta lie.

If bendis had written this, it would have been his one good piece of writing, based

You forgot all the story dragging, retcons, out-of-character shit...

You realize this does NOT help your case, right?

>Bendis wanting another black girl character made for his daughters

Hey does DC have that same policy that Marvel has, or at least had, where if another writer uses a character you created you get a paycheck for it?

His early 00's stuff was ALSO shit, man. Maybe you didn't know the characters before he started writing them?

Actually it's better for writers, the creator of Wolverine made more money from Lucius Fox's movie appearances in Batman movies.
So DC better not ever use his boring OCs in any media that sells.

Why? Writers like Bendis obviously don't. So why should the readers?

>Why did DC hire him after the DISASTER of an Iron Man Run he had?

Because he's one of the few comic writers normies are somewhat aware of. Most people like that just assume that if you've heard of the person then they have to be good, otherwise they wouldn't have heard of them.

Normal people actually know Bendis' name, they might not know who he is, but they know the name and that it's related to comics. That could be enough for the higher ups to just give it to him.

Ah, so that's why Bendis made the jump from Marvel to DC. I'm surprised he hasn't tried to make a black Superman, even though there already are a few, and try to push them as the new default so they'll make animated, game, and live action appearances. Maybe he actually learned something from the backlash to Riri and Miles... I doubt it though. It might only be a matter of time before he does that kind of shit.

Probably didn't get the opportunity. Trying that with the creator-owned books they're publishing first, I guess... gotta try to make a name there with a character people care about.

Not him, but normies probably don't know him by name. Maybe "from the creator of Jessica Jones".
I think people in the industry might assume he's famous because some of his comics sold a lot... comics featuring Spider-Man, Wolverine, Daredevil or whatever character was getting a movie or TV show. He's all about promoting himself at the expense of familiar names. It's like shilling yourself by drawing shitty fanart of the flavor of the month.

He's probably still riding off of that Ultimate Spider-Man good will, even though the good bits of that, ya know pre-Miles, were only good because Ultimate Marvel was more "616 Greatest Hits: The Comic". He didn't actually have to come up with shit for a long while, he just had to rework stuff that was already considered great.

Even then, it wasn't good. I remember being hyped for early ultimate for the movie style treatment, but when you stop and think about it, he managed to make a damn bland version of the Green Goblin, where a movie comic adaptation could show an actual magnificent bastard Norman, or any villain, in a single issue.

Come to think of it, Ultimate Green Goblin is probably where they got the idea for Rulk.

That came from an old What If. Marvel had run out of ideas and started using a lot of those for "inspiration".

is bendis popular/well-received with the mainstream comic fandom? I thought he was since was given so much marvel series, in addition to be given superman of all DC titles.

Attached: panel-39353629-image-b0fc9e17cb2c9245-320-320.png (320x270, 123K)

He's popular, and still has a fanbase. But I think it's not as big as it was in the 00's. I think his stuff still sells well digitally, but going by the comic sales charts his star power isn't helping Superman much.

>Brian Michael Bendis
>WORDS
Indeed, indeed.

I've read people say Bendis is "good" when it comes to entry level capes. As in, you've never read superheroes in your life, you read bendis, you're gonna like it.
And indeed, I remember when I was getting into the genre, Bendis Avengers was doing something for me, but as soon as I checked any other title, his gimmicks and bullshit started to stand out a lot more.

You mean TWO new black girl OC character no one asked for.
Naomi and Teen Lantern... oh and you forgot the female teen descendant of Jonah Hex who is basically just a Kitty Pride cowgirl redesign.

Do you think his Daredevil run is bad?