Captain Sparklefingers Strikes Lightening

>Although, previews are not a direct indicator of opening day, opening weekend or life of a movie, they certain tell you that there is interest, and Warners surely has that for New Line/DC’s Shazam!.

>The box results were spread out evenly throughout the entire North American footprint in large, medium and small markets and theaters. The initial anecdotal reactions from theaters as well as the social media feedback is extremely positive and encouraging.

deadline.com/2019/03/shazam-preview-record-box-office-1202581506/

Attached: Shazam Fan Art.jpg (640x640, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/box-office-jordan-peeles-us-opens-terrifying-703m-1196736
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Warner Bros.’ Fandango preview screening yesterday at 1,200 struck lightning with a $3.3M gross besting the paid-preview figures of DreamWorks Animation-Fandango preview of How to Train Your Dragon 3 ($2.6M), Atom & Amazon’s WB preview of Aquaman ($2.9M), and Atom/Amazon’s previews of Sony’s Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle ($1.8M) and Hotel Transylvania 3 ($1.3M)

>If Deadline’s reporting of the numbers are accurate, the one day haul for Shazam! placed it at the 7th highest grossing film for the weekend.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/box-office-jordan-peeles-us-opens-terrifying-703m-1196736

I have so much hope for this film. It already accomplished 3 of my four wishes.
1. Be colorful and fun
2. Star Sivana first
3. Not be shit
If it can accomplish the hardest part of
4. Be successful enough to warrant a sequel

I'll be a very happy man.

Billy merch is about to go up in value

Attached: 32CC2633-7C4C-4E66-A4B1-A2210869BD9B.jpg (400x586, 77K)

I don't give a shit about the numbers. Fact is, most of the DCEU movies didn't do as well as Disney commercially or critically but I have loved them all, even the mess that's JL. As long as I personally like Shazam, I couldn't care less what the profits are or what some Disney-loving critics think. I am kinda scared of how the jokes will be handled because oddly enough, I liked the ones shown in the trailers. These box office threads are pure cancer though

>4. Be successful enough to warrant a sequel

Assuming it opens at $50M (the middle of the most recent estimate, which will probably go up due to word of mouth) and does reasonably well overseas, it should make $500M easily.

It will likely do better but that's more than enough to green-light a sequel especially assuming The Rock will co-star in it (or it will be a Rock mostly movie with a bit of Billy). I'm not sure if you'll get a proper sequel and some idiots are actually calling for a versus film between Black Adam and Billy but I doubt WB will go there.

Only corporate shills give a fuck about numbers or critics.

Attached: The thing reception.jpg (1199x854, 140K)

>box office threads are pure cancer
If you had said review/RT threads, I'd agree with you.

But let's face facts, these threads are just like the digital/CMX threads or the Diamond Direct threads about sales, if people didn't buy a comic, it doesn't matter if you loved it or hated it, it wouldn't continue to exist.

Film studios are business and if the movies don't make good box office, they won't be made. So in that respect, you should give some "shit" about the numbers.

local news shows regularly run the box office reports on Sunday night and on Monday.

if this was still the 60s or 70s, you might have a point, granny, but it's a popular subject with most people, just like the Kardashians and other reality show losers and the like.

>3. Not be shit
how do you know?

>4. Be successful enough to warrant a sequel
Its budget is tiny. You're almost guaranteed the sequel.

nah
Otherwise Aquaman and Venom wouldn't be as successful as they were, because there was ALMOST NO coverage of their BO successes, especially Venom, compared to how Captain Marvel is pedaled right now

Attached: Captain Marvel scam 3.png (1049x795, 733K)

Posting Cosmic Book News should be a bannable offense

That's my issue as well. People call me a DCEU shill all the time but I also love Phase 1 of the MCU, the X-Men movies, the Raimi movies, and even ASM to some extent. I just want companies to give us quality movies. Why do people feel angry when someone calls out Disney for decreasing the quality its movies when it's visible everywhere?

Review threads aren't just cancer, they're outright retarded. You get the point though
I care about whether there will be sequels but I don't care enough to start discussions about it or even insult random strangers on the internet over it, which happens in 99% of these threads, no matter whether MCU or DCEU.

Captain Marvel is already at 900 mill and should get to 1 billion the week Shazam comes out. Shazam has a short window before Endgame to make as much money as it can. There's a real chance it'll make less money than Ant-Man and the Wasp, but it has to at least be in that same 600 million range at the end of the day to be considered a success. Anything lower would be an embarrassment even though it should be able to turn a profit at 500 million because of the low budget and marketing. Anything higher than 650 million would be bragging rights all things considered comparatively speaking. We'll see how it does.

>embarrassment
How so? People bring that up everytime with the DCEU. Why would it be an embarrassment for a movie to make 500 fucking million dollars? To this very day, companies are still happy when they make that kind of money with a new character. This isn't a sequel or something

The plan is Shazam 1, then Black Adam and Shazam 2 probably in 2021, then Shazam 3 where he fights Black Adam

I think WB is finally starting to get its act together after the failures of Suicide Squad and Justice League.

There's still a greater sense of a DC Universe, but it's alluded rather than directly tied in. Wonder Woman was their test bed and it worked well. Than Aquaman was their next stage of development and it did well. Shazam is DC actually embracing comic book shenanigans whole-heartedly like the final scene with Mr. Mind and Sivana.

And Shazam seems like it has a lot of heart; especially the moments with the other foster kids. So it's definitely going to be a hit.

Suicide Squad made money though
it's actually surprising WB decided to change everything about it due to the criticism, because with how much money it made, I expected them to just double down on the same thing

It did, but they reshoot the film to make it more comedic.

WB knows that it can't copy the MCU; it has to do its own thing that won't alienate viewers and fans alike.

How much money will you be getting from the Captain Marvel movie? It has to be a lot considering how much shilling you're doing.

You need professional help.

I'm going to see it on the 2nd with either my gf or one of my best friends if she can't go. I'm very excited.

SS was a huge success though. Mainstream ate it up like hotcakes. Fuck, just look at all the whores wearing Harley outfits for Halloween. I'd say SS had more of an impact on normies than 90% of current cape movies

I do like that the response for Shazam is a positive one though since I have been looking forward to that one since its announcement

>lightening
so many illiterate people any more

>SS was a huge success
not commercially, people using popular outfits as cosplay does not imply they actually watched the movie, especially when it's as shit as SS

>so many illiterate people any more

>The plan is Shazam 1, then Black Adam and Shazam 2 probably in 2021
>Cautiously and steadily building their encounter

It's like WB learnt from their mistakes and now they know how to be succesful.

So, like Monsterverse?

>it's actually surprising WB decided to change everything about it due to the criticism

Well, not changing anything after the bad reception MOS and BvS had is the reason the DCEU died.

Imagine if Marvel didn´t kick out Whedon after the terrible AoU and then they let him do IW.

Suicide Squad made a little under $750 Million internationally, how is that not a big success

It'sgoing to help that Dumbo is probably going to be shit. It comes out in two days and there's still an embargo up

Without China as well. Then there's all the money it made through merchandise

Even though this is called an 'image' board, that's not the way it's being used or has been used in forever, and discussions about the business success of something (whether we're talking sales, box office or ratings) if it's not done in a stupid company war/console war fashion, is fully appropriate. Sadly, we're in a genre where power level wank is a thing so it's not surprising these console war stupidities are one as well.

If you compare it to a recent movie (How to train), it should make $500 easily. If it's received well in foreign markets, it could surpass yourso called objective

Warner Brothers probably won't agree to a versus film anytime soon and it's doubtful The Rock will want to do it. He wants a standalone movie that will probably have to marginally feature CM, but if WB did it right and didn't waste their time trying to adapt Cereal Lord stupidity, they would start filming Black Adam and whatever Rock's Biggest Hero Wank Idea is by the end of this year (doubtful given his commitments and what's ready to go) and more likely next year, for 2021 release and have a script for Billy that could be a team up or something else to even get released in the same year (Black Adam in March, the Billy movie for Christmas, where it should do gangbusters). Maybe a magic movie, with Zatanna and some other DC magic users like Doctor Fate.