Seriously, what the fuck was Kid Miraclemans problem?

Seriously, what the fuck was Kid Miraclemans problem?

Did Moore make him act edgy and villainous for no reason? Kinda seems that way

Plus it was pretty hard to believe he was completely stable and normal enough to build a huge electronics business to the point where it owned a skyscraper, but suddenly turns into a lunatic who murders random people in public for fun because Miracleman knows he exists.

It’s not like Miracleman would have even given a shit if he told him straight up “yeah, I just stay in this form, it’s way better” instead of his whole “HAHAHA NOW IM GONNA KILL YOU AND WIFE AND FUCK THE WHOLE WORLD” bollocks.

Attached: 7D128E60-7278-45A6-9895-3CA550C515CF.jpg (1596x2422, 526K)

I don't think it's that deep or edgy, just, the godhood bestowed upon heros gone wrong. Just as MM builds his utopia KMM would build hell.

Except... we see he’s normal when he’s just Johnny. He even actively refuses to become Kid Miracleman again.

It’s not like they actually have two different minds either, even though we see a weird battle of the personalities in his head

So what’s up with him?

Just as MM realized how silly his made up story was and moved on from that, KMM was just a fucked up kid brainwashed into thinking he was all campy and shit. Take that away and any kind of supervision, and you end up with what we got

If you don't understand the devlopment of characters in a comic, don't be angry, don't blame the creators, don't even blame yourself, just find something else to read, something you enjoy.

Unless of course, you enjoy the warmth of self-righteous anger directed at semi-random on a daily basis.

I sometimes forget that Yea Forums hates the medium of comics, and the film versions of comics, and the tv-series based on comics, and the various artists and writers. Oh Yea Forums really hates the creators of comics.

But Yea Forums very much loves to hate.

Young Nastyman saw the world as it really was

Kid Miracleman couldn’t handle it

this

>It’s not like they actually have two different minds either
(you)

Attached: 1534177113130.jpg (900x900, 59K)

He thought he was in a Frank Miller book

Attached: 54706C18-98B1-4DF1-871B-FFCBCD5FB8BA.jpg (1041x1600, 524K)

The whole point of the bodysuit tech is that it lets you swap bodies without changing your mind

I asked a question, why did you think I was “angry”? He’ll, why do you think I “hate” it?

For someone who questions the understanding of others, you don’t seem to be able to read basic comments on Yea Forums very well.

No you didn't, you whinged and hysterically exaggerated the "wrong" you percieved, and disguised it as a question.

Attached: 1538701669316.jpg (250x250, 7K)

I didn’t get why Miracleman thought the black pyromancer was worth shit compared to the rest of the super humans lmao

>you whinged

Big talk coming from the guy who wrote this

>If you don't understand the devlopment of characters in a comic, don't be angry, don't blame the creators, don't even blame yourself, just find something else to read, something you enjoy.

>Unless of course, you enjoy the warmth of self-righteous anger directed at semi-random on a daily basis.

>I sometimes forget that Yea Forums hates the medium of comics, and the film versions of comics, and the tv-series based on comics, and the various artists and writers. Oh Yea Forums really hates the creators of comics.

>But Yea Forums very much loves to hate.

If you can’t answer the question that’s fine kiddo. No need for you to passive aggressively snipe at people for asking it to begin with.

Or how a pipe explosion put KM out of the action for a few minutes

Nigga threw a bank

A BANK

He survived an A-BOMB

but a pipe explosion? Yeah that buy us some time

Nothing passive about my aggressive.

Weird of you to talk about me being “angry” for asking a question then.

I think you’ve got some pent up issues you’d best take elsewhere friend. They clearly aren’t helpful in this situation.

>It’s not like they actually have two different minds either, even though we see a weird battle of the personalities in his head

So basically you just didn't actually read it

Moorefags tend to get sensitive whenever his work's questioned in any way. That one got angry, and projected it. Typical Moorefag shit

Nope, "kiddo".

Hmmm OK so what's the name of this thing?

Cool, cya faggot

Miracleman

Moore just needed an excuse because he wanted to show what a superhero slugfest in the 'real' world would be like with hundreds of bystanders being killed & maimed.

Cuz comics...bollocks,,,deconsruction...and other reasons...

Calm down, Grant.

you give a kid all the powers of a god with no real parental control or anyone capable of keep him accountable, I'll be surprise if they don't end up becoming egotistical amoral monsters.

You first, Alan

It's a cliche in comics but I don't really think that's accurate.
When you remove all material constraints only biological constraints are left over and people revert to a coldly logical instinctual behaviour.

People think in the case of humans this means a man mad with power will become an edgelord but the reality is far stranger.
What you get is something like HAL or AM.
A machine perfectly logical in the context of its programming but its programming itself is abhorrent.

The best way to fool other people is to fool yourself.
I think it's very likely a kid with that sort of power would grow up thinking they are very saintly and moral.
They might even be very devout and religious.
And then go on random religious crusades and such.

I don't know enough to know what a person like that would be like but it'd probably be more similar to Miracleman himself at the end of the book than Kid Miracleman.
They'd be very strange but I don't think that kind of psychopathic murderer and probably far worse.

Attached: placebo.png (700x9000, 1.13M)

That's not what OP is asking though. He's asking how Kid Miracleman was able to keep it together for twenty years by pretending to be sane, only to go completely berserk under a little bit of pressure.

>swap bodies without changing your mind
But we know that's not really true. First of all, Miracleman thinks differently than Michael. It's subtle, but both versions of him realize it, I think in the second or third issue he says that he's smarter and more confident as Miracleman. Your thought process isn't pure reason, you're influenced by hormones and glands and all sorts of things. There's reports of people, after organ transports, adopting habits of their donors without knowing them. A perfected superbody would have drastic changes on a person's thought process, subtle as it may be, at first.
Kid Miracleman had all his powers, alone, for his entire life. There were no threats, no challenges, and no authorities to impose moral guidance. As he grew older, he became more and more confident in what he could get away with. At the same time, he understood, on a certain level, that what he was doing was "wrong." But if he can't be punished for what he's doing, is it really wrong? The contradiction eventually created a DID in him, personified in his childlike "innocent" form and his murderous "adult" form. The split wasn't total, however, until Miracleman defeated him. Realizing he'd have to pay for all the things he'd done and was planning to do, he reverted to Johnny, who became a martyr. Johnny would be a good boy, Johnny would suffer slings and arrows, Johnny would grow up and live a normal life, and never, ever fall to his darker impulses again.
Then some orphans tried to rape Johnny.

He held onto his thin veneer of sanity by telling himself that as long as no one ever knows he has powers, it's better that he accumulate authority and control while acting like a normal, if highly skilled, person. Based on what we know of him, he was almost certainly secretly breaking into homes, killing competitors, robbing individuals and so on, while maintaining his cover. The psychotic break happened because Miracleman exposed him, and the moment he no longer had an excuse for hiding himself, he let his crazy go all out, like a dam breaking.

>how Kid Miracleman was able to keep it together for twenty years by pretending to be sane
There is no real need for a how, he's shown to be perfectly capable of reason he just chooses when depending on his situation. In fact to say he's insane or unable to keep it together isn't right, he's unhinged from physical and psychological limits due to his power not insane due to them. He's not mindless or anything, just remorseless and likely disturbed because of his background.

Speaking of, we can only guess the last part is the why he bothered, he may have feared there were still others like him or other assassination plans and it was best to play on defense until he was sure there were no threats, it's not far fetched since
1.Gargunza was indeed out there
2.the Miraclemen are implied to have telepathy and ESP, recall how Mike felt KM messing with his head and how they both likely survived their first assassination attempt due to a latent heightened perception and also that all of them were psychically resisting physical brainwashing over time as they developed.

>only to go completely berserk under a little bit of pressure
Miracleman coming back wasn't a little bit of pressure. He's the exact sort of threat KM was afraid of having to deal with, and again he didn't go "berserk" like Wolverine, he just knew it was do or die time once Michael was picking up psychic warnings without even transforming.

Some people are just born fucked in the head. Johnny WAS fucking crazy, but he pushed all that crazyness into his KMM persona.

>someone acting instinctively
>being coldly logical
Humans didn't evolve with that kind of power in the first place and would miss a plethora of experiences that would guide their behavior into a specific pattern, like raising an orca in SeaWorld and
then seeing that it doesn't last long in the wild. Besides that, instinctive behavior is far from logical particularly in something who's evolution has been warped as much as humans' by their odd cultures (not to get too /pol/ here, but old cultures affecting which traits are seen as desirable will inevitably be no different than how humans breed dogs to be shorter or more loyal at the unintentional expense of their physical strength or intelligence).

Bump

This comic started the whole "what if Superman turned le evil and like killed everyone" meme didn't it?

Did anyone else find the Neil Gaiman part to be kind of revolting and disgusting?
Don't think it's a bad story but it just disgusted me deeply.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-25 14-48-40.png (687x728, 651K)

Short answer, yes.

Long answer, yes, but I can't really tell Gaiman what to do since it was a premise he was left with and hasn't concluded, if that makes sense.

See I get the impression he was carrying on into logical hyperbole or just exceeding the prior stuff by his own intention since either way the sudden radical changes to society making it increasingly alien to us wasn't something he could just stall or undo, but I feel at some point it was less a build up of how unchecked progress inadvertently breeds excess like with Alan's take, and soon became almost caricature of the original image the end was going for.

As you said it wasn't bad in of itself, but it didn't feel to me like it had a good point thus far. With the prior stuff the point at least was simply that like it or not the human race minus the human part is likely to come undone gradually but eventually, the eagerness of everyone to let go of all restraints good or bad brings a sense of dread in the reader to a boil to make them consider where this is headed.

But since Neil picks up from there and there is no "sometimes I just wonder" to cap the issues off now, it's less like the suspense of watching a bottle rock and tip and more like watching it just spill wine everywhere awkwardly for 5 minutes.

In his defense we DID get Young Miracleman seeming unnerved by it and the impression he was going to intervene in some capacity, but we never got the conclusion so for now it all just seems like Gaiman threw abhorrent things in our face then walked off.

TL;DR, I'd just like to say that your apparent impression that success indicates normality isn't true. James Jones was a successful cult leader with 3,000 registered members. He got 918 people to kill themselves.

Attached: Jim.jpg (1160x773, 176K)

Because in the back of his mind he was always afraid Miracle Man would come down from tha sky one day and punish him. When he actually did and Johnny kicked his ass he knew he he had nothing to fear.

Plus, he was pissed as fuck over having to be human Johnny and getting raped so he was really, really pissed when he got out again.

Michael literally pushed him from a building. Jhonny want to be cautious and wanted to know how much of a threat Michael was, but he saw right through him.

>There's reports of people, after organ transports, adopting habits of their donors without knowing them.
There is? I can’t find any.

He was an incel guarabteed