Spider-Verse Sequel

Thoughts?

Attached: sequel.jpg (945x850, 228K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9QUheNUDC8I
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcfo3JjmyTs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5r0vvcHcYhg
sys.4channel.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=106627760
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/12/sony-spider-man-future-amy-pascal-phil-lord-interview
theguardian.com/film/2015/jun/23/stan-lee-spider-man-should-stay-white-and-straight
sites.sonypictures.com/spiderverse/site/#characters
nydailynews.com/entertainment/marvel-comics-brings-special-versions-spider-man-including-dead-ringer-a-rod-article-1.1059630
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i-dont-know-what-i-expected.gif

It's going to trigger a lot of anons and I will have to hide a lot of threads.

Sigh.

this gwen is in the same age bracket as miles and doesn't have severe mental problems so its not as squick as in the comics.

Hope the script and the pacing improves. Spider-verse felt like a movie for children with ADD

Gwen seems like the logical character to focus on in a follow up. She's one of the 3 main characters, but unlike Peter B she's still relatively new to the job.
Frankly I care less about the plot of the next one than I do the creative team.

Well maybe they'll give her an actual character arc this time

>Not written by Phil Lord
>Amy Pascal taking charge

Welp, I guess it was good while it lasted

Attached: a6d.png (2550x1650, 377K)

do you have any idea how hard it is to find something visually good that has the kind of pacing to satisfy my ADHD? Let us have this.

Attached: 2421341211.jpg (236x324, 17K)

These are movies for zoomers. Getting a new haircut counts as a character arc

>Thoughts?
This has nothing to do with Spiderverse or any BLACKED memes but how the FUCK does Amy Pascal still have a job? The old leaks prove that this woman is a fucking moron.

>Amy Pascal

How does this cunt still have a job again?

The same way Eisner lasted so long at Disney, Hollywood logic and past glory

>Two shit characters fuck

Okay

She's fifteen months older than him, which she is right about being significant for their age, Einstein or not.

Based. Can't wait to see /pol/ lose their shit

>Director worked on Avatar, Korra & Voltron
Super yikes.
>Write wrote the DOOM Film
MEGA YIKES. WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST HAVE WITH STUCK WITH CHRIS MILLER & PHIL LORD?!? I'm sure they would LOVE to do it.

Am I supposed to be upset? They're already a better couple than any capeshit out there.

Peter can’t have sex, according to the marvel contract. They’re probably will hold hands and a small kiss

Talk about wake-up call

Why the fuck does Hollywood keep taking good things and throwing them in the garbage in favor of pure shit? All they had to do was keep on Miller and Lord.

Because that would cost them money and since these movies only have a connecting thread through a franchise and not story Sony assumes they can cheap out on the behind the scenes talent since they’ll get people to go based on the brand and strength of the original

Also presumably lord and miller may have a project that would disrupt Sony getting a release by 2020 so they moved on

They were work for hire, how naive can you guys be to believe they actually begged Sony to work on Miles and that they'd be at the helm of anything?

>Just four years ago, Sony’s once-mighty Spider-Man franchise was dangling by a thread. The studio had acquired the rights to Marvel Comics’ most popular and profitable superhero in 1999, turning that $7 million deal into a groundbreaking, Sam Raimi-directed, Tobey Maguire-starring trilogy that set new standards for blockbuster earnings—and ushered in a new era of box-office-dominating superheroes. But by November 2014, both Sony and its chief Amy Pascal—the woman who helped broker that original deal—were stymied, thanks to the underwhelming critical and fan reaction to The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (starring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone).

>Then came another blow: a company-wide hack that exposed secrets, personal communications, and film concepts still in their infancy to a public eager to mock. Future Spider-plans quickly unraveled, and Pascal was soon out of a job—though she did manage to keep Spider-Man in her stable as she transitioned into producing.

>Unbeknownst to her, Spider-Man’s salvation was making its debut just a few weeks before the hack. Dan Slott’s Spider-Verse comic-book story line hit the stands that year, blowing open the possibilities for an endless roster of super-powered web-slingers—and eventually helping to inspire the studio’s latest superhero adventure: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. Between that film’s mounting Oscar buzz, the commercial and critical triumph of Spider-Man: Homecoming, and a massive box-office coup for Tom Hardy’s live-action Venom—Spider-Man, Sony, and Pascal are now back on top. So, where will they swing next?

>“There’s a world in which everything comes together,” Pascal said over the phone last Friday night. “But that’s not something we can talk about yet.”

>Amy Pascal

Attached: 1537703646563.png (892x1106, 1.33M)

Because it's their money

The romance was the worst part of the film. It didn't resonate at all.

>It’s impossible to tell the story of Spider-Man’s new era without mentioning another big change. As the 2014 Sony e-mail hack revealed, Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige—who once worked with Pascal on Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man—had been gently sniffing around to see if he might broker a deal to bring Peter Parker into Disney’s wildly successful Marvel Cinematic Universe. Pascal was reportedly reluctant to relinquish her baby; the deal was so unstable that Captain America: Civil War screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely had to leave a blank space in their screenplay, at Feige’s instruction, just in case Spider-Man ended up coming home.

>By February 2015, it was finally official: Marvel and Sony had brokered a complicated joint-custody deal that would use the Avengers to launch Tom Holland’s younger, more earnest take on Parker in three M.C.U. films. Holland would also star in a trilogy of films co-produced by Marvel Studios and Sony, with Robert Downey Jr.’s Tony Stark dropping by to give the new franchise a star-powered boost. The deal was a smashing success; Holland swiftly became the emotional core of the decade-in-the-making Avengers: Infinity War, and Sony used the success of Holland’s debut to make further plans.

>But Marvel and Sony’s Spider-Man deal is densely complicated, and restricts what Sony can do with the live-action Spider-Verse. Animation, however, is a different story.

>Voltron showrunner is the writer

Just make a Peni spin-off already, she deserves better than this trash fire.

He can’t have sex before 16 according to the contract after that it’s fair game, though how old is Miles shit gets confusing when their isn’t any connective tissue to tether him to a personality

>Even before the hack and the Marvel deal changed the game, Sony and Pascal were eager to team up once more with Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who got their start working with Pascal on films like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and 21 Jump Street. The studio offered them the animated Spider-Man project and, in turn, the pair pitched Sony a story centered on the first black Spider-Man (technically half-black, half-Latino), Miles Morales—a relatively new comic-book creation, inspired, in part, by actor Donald Glover and the fan-driven campaign to have him play the role that eventually went to Andrew Garfield in the second live-action Spider-series.

>Lord and Miller said they came up with the idea of having an older Peter Parker mentor Miles on their own—but when they discovered Slott’s Spider-Verse, they were inspired to add several more Spider-People to the mix. “We lucked out,” Lord said. “Someone had done the work for us.”

>Though Lord has the main screenwriting credit on Into the Spider-Verse, he insists the process was a fluid and collaborative one involving Miller, other producers, comic-book writers, and the film’s three directors: Peter Ramsey, Bob Persichetti, and Rodney Rothman. Much of the film took shape over a long text message chain between the directors and producers. Jokes were scribbled last minute on Post-its, or simply tried on the fly at the microphone. The script writing wasn’t finished until just a few weeks before the premiere.

>Pascal, for her part, said the smartest thing she did was keep quiet and out of their way. Though Lord and Miller’s loose, improvisational style caused a much-publicized rift with Lucasfilm—who very publicly fired them from the Han Solo origin story Solo in 2017—it was perfectly suited to the world of animation, where experimentation and alt-takes aren’t nearly so costly.

>endless roster of super-powered web-slingers

I'll never understand people who look at a character and think
>Man, I really like this character. It would be great if I was subject to infinite knock-offs of this character for the rest of eternity.

Attached: 1523925278651.jpg (264x292, 28K)

yeah but in the comics she's in her early 20's which is an order of magnitude worse

>The resulting screenplay is not only a riot, it’s exceedingly useful for Sony’s future franchising plans. Drawing from Slott’s story line, in which multiple Spider-powered characters from different dimensions team up to combat evil, Into the Spider-Verse opens up a galaxy of possibilities—and unshackles Sony from the continuity concerns that can weigh down other massive superhero endeavors. Sony’s licensing deal with Marvel includes rights to roughly 900 characters—and Pascal sounded downright giddy when she spoke about the potential for “all kinds of stories and worlds that can happen simultaneously.”

>There’s still some caution around flooding the market with Spider-People; Lord considered crowding as many as 10 more of them into Spider-Verse, but ultimately nixed the idea so that Miles’s origin story wasn’t diluted. Then again, each of the Spider-People who do join Miles—Peter Parker, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Noir, Spider-Ham, and Peni Parker—are also primed to potentially lead their own standalone Spider-Universe project, broadening the franchise across age, gender, and global brackets in the process. Peni Parker could easily launch an all-anime Spider-movie; Spider-Noir could get his own moody, black-and-white production. The producers are especially thrilled by the spin-off potential of John Mulaney’s Looney Tunes–esque Spider-Ham: “Of course! You can imagine how much the kids love that character,” Pascal explained. “Yeah,” longtime Spider-Man producer Avi Arad added. “We want piggy.”

>First, though, one of Pascal’s favorites, Gwen Stacy, will lead the way. The producer revealed that Sony’s upcoming Into the Spider-Verse sequel, directed by Joaquim Dos Santos (Avatar: The Last Airbender, Voltron) and written by David Callaham (Wonder Woman 1984, Zombieland 2), will be focused on Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy—and will explore a romance between the two, a thread from Lord’s original script that ultimately didn’t fit in Into the Spider-Verse.

>Spider-Gwen’s transformation from love interest to friend and hero first may have had something to do with another Gwen Stacy advocate, producer Christina Steinberg, joining the Spider team. “I will say that Christina kept us honest,” Lord admits. “As five boys making a movie, it was really good to have another filmmaker there going, ‘I don't think you guys want to do it like this.’”

>The Gwen and Miles adventure will serve as a launching pad for another Gwen-centric tale: Pascal also confirmed that a previously announced Spider-Women spin-off, written by Bek Smith, will feature Spider-Gwen and Cindy Moon (a.k.a. Silk) as well as Jessica Drew (a.k.a. Spider-Woman). Elsewhere at Sony, a live-action Silk film is reportedly already in early development.

>These two new film concepts are taken directly from recent runs of the Marvel comics, part of a wider mandate at Columbia Pictures to stay true to the source material. As Pascal said, “I think it’s great that we’re going to be able to tell movies about female superheroes in this realm, and in the live-action realm as well, because I believe that there are going to be characters that really resonate for people. They’re funny and quirky and different, and heroic in all kinds of different ways that only animation allows you to do.”

>Though Pascal and the rest are still waiting to see how Into the Spider-Verse fares at the box office, its awards-friendly buzz—coupled with the outsized success of Venom—means that Pascal’s previously shelved plans for Spider-Man could actually come to fruition in the live-action domain as well. Sinister Six, an all-Spider-Man-villain team-up movie based on an old script by Drew Goddard, is very much alive in Pascal’s mind: “I’m just waiting for Drew to be ready to direct it. I would do anything with Drew Goddard. I’m just waiting for him to tell me he wants to,” she said. Goddard himself seemed game as recently as October.

>2014 whispers about a potential prequel centered on Peter Parker’s mild-mannered Aunt May were once considered “silly” by the studio, and laughed at by Sally Field, who played the role in the Amazing Spider-Man movies. But four years later, after Marisa Tomei’s young, hip take on the character for Marvel Studios—and Lily Tomlin’s wry animated turn in Into the Spider-Verse—an Aunt May spin-off suddenly doesn’t sound so crazy.

>“Yeah, no kidding,” Lord said. “Once you open up your mind to alternate universes,” Miller added, “and it doesn’t have to be canon, then you’re a little more forgiving to try thought experiments that could be fun or interesting. Lily Tomlin did an amazing job—the idea was that she would be the Q to Spider-Man’s Bond in this universe.” That fresh take was a hit with the Marvel comics crew as well. “Lily Tomlin’s voice is now my Aunt May in my head,” said Slott—who is so reinvigorated by Into the Spider-Verse that he says he wants to start writing Spider-Man comics again.

Phil Lord is attached for the Willie Coyote film

Some user said it in some other thread and I find myself agreeing with their opinion that unless romance is the core focus of a story it tends to feel tacked on and muddles up character development. Instead of adding something to the story it feels like it's always taking away from everything else.

>Though Lord has the main screenwriting credit on Into the Spider-Verse, he insists the process was a fluid and collaborative one involving Miller, other producers, comic-book writers, and the film’s three directors: Peter Ramsey, Bob Persichetti, and Rodney Rothman. Much of the film took shape over a long text message chain between the directors and producers.

This explains why that script felt like a mess

19 user. Miles was 16-17.

>>Spider-Gwen’s transformation from love interest to friend and hero first may have had something to do with another Gwen Stacy advocate, producer Christina Steinberg, joining the Spider team. “I will say that Christina kept us honest,” Lord admits. “As five boys making a movie, it was really good to have another filmmaker there going, ‘I don't think you guys want to do it like this.’”

Wow, I can actually hear him looking around nervously.

Attached: 1533585318028.png (1832x1734, 1.96M)

>When Pascal speaks of the October surprise that was Venom’s record-breaking box office, she does so with pride, but no sense of ownership. She thinks Venom is “amazing” and called its marketing campaign “brilliant,” but Eddie Brock isn’t her baby the way Spider-Man is. Columbia Pictures president Sanford Panitch is the one overseeing what has been called, internally, Sony’s Universe of Marvel Characters, or S.U.M.C.

>In fact, Pascal was pretty firm that the animated Spider-Verse and the live-action S.U.M.C. are wholly distinct: “Just look at what the Green Goblin is in Into the Spider-Verse, as opposed to the Green Goblin that we did with Sam Raimi,” she said. Should Sony proceed with both its planned S.U.M.C. Silk film and the animated Spider-Woman team-up Pascal mentioned, the two depictions would be “as different as Doc Ock in Spider-Verse and Doc Ock as Alfred Molina.”

>But Dan Slott, who created the character of Silk on the page, pointed out that the animated universe can help the live-action realm, and vice-versa. He sees a world in which an all-female team-up cartoon inspires girls to “have Silk action figures and Silk t-shirts. You could then turn around and do a Silk live-action movie, because you’ve then, on some level, done a world-wide publicity campaign for Silk.” Pascal generally agreed; she said that the animated and live-action Spider franchises simply “make each other better and bigger.”

It's like people don't realize lord and Miller are producers for the entire spiderverse project

>old peter is the best part of spider-verse
>gwen is probably the least interesting spiderman of the bunch
>make the sequel about her

>Along with Silk and Venom, the S.U.M.C. has a Morbius project in the works—starring Jared Leto as the titular vampire and frequent Spider-Man nemesis—and is in the process of developing movies on a wide range of additional heroes, anti-heroes, and villains, like Kraven the Hunter, Jackpot, Nightwatch, Black Cat, Sable, and, if the Venom end of credits are to be believed, Carnage. It’s a decidedly mixed bag of characters, and Venom, with its wild swings in tone from slapstick comedy to overly serious body horror, doesn’t exactly provide a blueprint of what to expect. Will the S.U.M.C. end up matching the upbeat vibe of both Holland’s Spider-Man and Into the Spider-Verse? Or is something much grimmer in store?

>For her part, Pascal zeroed in on the moment when the Venom film’s split personality congealed into a crowd-pleasing hit: “When he gets in the tub with all those lobsters in the restaurant, I thought that was a pretty perfect, zany tone.” Venom’s wacky home-video marketing campaign and its post-credits sequence also indicate that Sony knows in the future, it should lighten up. The film’s PG-13 rating prompted some fans to wonder if the notoriously blood-thirsty Venom has been toned down in order to allow a future team-up with Holland’s Peter Parker—something the filmmakers have denied. But if that pairing ever does happen, it would be years in the future, after Holland’s Marvel contract expires. In fact, the S.U.M.C. moved Brock out of his usual haunts in New York City all the way to San Francisco, presumably, to get him off of Peter Parker’s turf.

she's old enough to be in college (and would be if she hadn't lost control of her life) and is old enough to drink

>The bigger question here, then, is what will happen to the Sony-Marvel Studios collaboration when their initial deal expires.

>“I think about crying,” Pascal said of a future in which Spider-Man and Marvel retreat to separate corners. “I can only hope for a future where things work out. I've known Kevin since he was Avi's very, very quiet assistant, who for many years sat in that room listening to us and being so much smarter than any of us without any of us realizing. I will say that working with Marvel has been one of the highlights of my professional career.”

>After the initial custody dispute over Spider-Man, Pascal and Feige’s working relationship has reportedly been convivial; in fact, Feige gave her thorough, friendly notes and feedback on her earlier Spider-Man films long before Marvel was legally on the hook to do so. And their joint deal has certainly been financially lucrative for both companies. But the union hasn’t come without its sticky complications: Sony’s insistence that Holland’s second stand-alone film, Far from Home, be released in 2019 threw a wrench in Marvel’s preferred degree of secrecy around Avengers: Endgame, for instance.

>But regardless of whether Feige and Pascal continue to collaborate officially, it seems like the woman who has been watching cinematic Spider-Man grow from his infancy has learned a very valuable lesson from her time with the M.C.U.—and is the first to acknowledge missteps in the past. The key to the Spider-Verse, she said, is “character and emotion. That is the thing that makes all of Marvel so rich, and that’s what Stan Lee did—and I think that is the most important thing is never to forget that, never to get confused that it’s about anything else.”

Woah user you wanna cool it with the misogyny there

>Lord, meanwhile, said that this new, animated Spider-Verse “helps hone in on what the unifying themes of the Spider stories are,” by dint of repeated origins and multiple Spider permutations. Perhaps most crucially, though, it honors Lee’s original vision. As Slott pointed out, just a few years after the Sony hack revealed a narrow definition of what studios thought Spider-Man had to be (white, straight, male), we’re suddenly in an era where the question has become what can’t Spider-Man be: “Stan always said that one of the things that was so alluring about Spider-Man for readers was the mask. Anyone could have gotten bitten by the spider, anyone could be under the mask. When you see that character running around, you can associate with it.” And soon, no matter how you identify, Pascal may have a Spider-movie tailored directly to you.

good. lord can't write women for shit.

Attached: 1553202019511.jpg (600x612, 95K)

Miles is 14-15. Gwen is college age.

>Perhaps most crucially, though, it honors Lee’s original vision
>“Stan always said that one of the things that was so alluring about Spider-Man for readers was the mask. Anyone could have gotten bitten by the spider, anyone could be under the mask. When you see that character running around, you can associate with it.”
Hmm

Attached: lee.jpg (650x610, 107K)

Nah. He's aged since his days of starting out in ultimate. The gap between Gwen and miles was 3-4 years.

retconning an existing character isn't the same as creating new ones, duhhhhh

I'm going to need a source

Ultimate Peter only aged about a year after 160 issues and 11 IRL years, and Bendis said ~100 issues are equal to one year passing in-universe.

Bitten at 12 and his own words a few months before turning 13.
Rejects heroing a bit before peter bites it.
Spider-mans for a bit before his mom dies in fight with venom.
1 year timeskip
Back to spidermaning another year solo and with the ultimates.
Concurrence or whatever happens. He's the sole survivor of 1610.
Stops aging in 616 at mid 16

I mean if they could make Miles a halfway interesting character maybe they can do the same for Spider-Gwen. Maybe. Possibly.

I'd have preferred a new adventure with new Spider people lead by Miguel.

>it's okay to piss on a man's legacy because of a technicality
okay

>Miguel
He's the one in the scene after credits right? Is he like Kamen Rider Decade or something?

Still inappropriate and forced

Attached: c6d5e1d3.jpg (400x615, 67K)

Not remotely no. Miguel's the Spider-Man of 2099, basically Batman Beyond before Batman Beyond. Got his powers when he tried to use gene resplicing tech to cure himself of super ultra crack addiction and some asshole threw in a Spider DNA sample into the mix.

We dont know about that gwen and miles story

he's cyberpunk spider-man from the year 2099. his corrupt boss tried to kill him but he got inadvertently exposed to experimental gene therapy that was intended to make man-beast super soldiers. from that day onward he vowed to destroy the evil corporation Alchemax, aided by a waifu-clippy AI and overall looser morals since he's as much motivated by revenge as he is justice
he also happens to have actual fangs that can inject a paralytic venom. I vaguely recall two different people getting bitten to death by him in his original run

>let's have a spider-woman with a unique design and a potential to be an icon for young girls unlike the spandex sexbait spider-women of the 90s
>hollywood:
>hollywood: she has to fuck spider-man
yeah hey why

Attached: u wot.gif (600x450, 9K)

They're all just what ifs come to life

>"strong female characters don't need a man"
>"unless it's a black guy"

>"women are not objects to be sexualized by men"
>"it's okay if a black guy does it though"

>"it doesn't matter they used to be peers and lovers, shipping Peter with Gwen is disgusting because of the age gap end of story!"
>"omg 19yo Gwen is so cute with the 13yo Miles!"
>"OMGG 8yo Peni has a crush on Miles they're so cutee!"

>"women need to be respected and treated as equals"
>"also here's a super special feature track by a self-admitted wife beater! it's okay because he's black though, he didn't do nothing"

Remember, it's okay if a minority's involved.

Attached: 1547150088958.jpg (1200x1822, 372K)

>"OMGG 8yo Peni has a crush on Miles they're so cutee!"
That's hot.

>she's old enough to be in college
The youngest person to get into college was 8 years old and he finished

somehow i doubt this clickbait article was the apex of stan lee's desired legacy

It's literally a quote by him about his most successful character, just because it was repeated by someone not reputable doesn't make it less valid. It's a recent quote too so you can't claim "he changed his mind later in life" or "it was a different time".

>Lord and Miller aren't writing the sequel
>Pascal taking the reigns creatively
>she also fired Alberto Mielgo so there's no-one around to innovate visually any more

Dead on arrival. I guarantee watching Spider-Verse 2 will be an exercise in suffering that will make you want to gouge your own eyes out

The comics did it first, Hollywood doesn't have an exclusive on retardation

Terrible, but VERY cautiously optimistic.
Unlike the comics, I somewhat bought that something's going on between the two.

>Unlike the comics, I somewhat bought that something's going on between the two.
Yeah it was completely organic, natural, and sensible and not forced at all

Attached: 1552607107067.jpg (1280x973, 267K)

>zombieland was unironically a decade ago

Attached: time passing.jpg (550x366, 60K)

Obvious /pol/ shitpost, but it has some validity in the hipocrisy of shipping older girls with younger boys and endorsing a piece of shit artist.

But my fucking point was, I want my superhero chickflick about beating up the baddies without the swooning and the inevitable romance triangle. Jesus fuck, I'm so tired of the swooning.

Attached: Why'd you post that.jpg (450x600, 40K)

How does Amy Pascal still have a job?

Oh, right, it's Hollywood. You can only fail upwards.

She's the only female spider person, so it's not like there's any choices to make.
(Peni doesn't have spider powers and is underage).

>I read and watch Spider-Man for the romances
t. no one

Peni is older than miles. She is 14 years old.

Then Gwen is 30

What?

...There was a Zombieland 2?

Attached: 1537863400406.gif (728x408, 1.18M)

Peter Parker is around 30 years old and Gwen is his peer, so Gwen Stacy is 30 years old

I enjoyed some of the will they won’t they in the romita era but that was with Pete and his love interests not spider-man and alternate universe spider people. Miles has a love interest in the latest run but the writers collectively still don’t know how to do anything with him alone so the movies are trying to tie him to other characters in a desperate attempt to make him relevant. I can guarantee you they’re killing off peter b in the next movie to establish a threat and justify more multiverse bullshit

Okay, are you retarded?

Unironically one of the most aesthetic couples at Marvel. They look good together both in and out of costume.

Yes yes, get your BLACKED.com basedbean and happy merchants out the way but it doesn't change that fact. Parallel backstories with Peter functioning as both their Uncle Ben's. Plays into Mile's shtick of a man between worlds.

>focus on romance

Attached: 1553486354966.gif (480x360, 138K)

>Parallel backstories with Peter functioning as both their Uncle Ben's
From lover to uncle?

>Plays into Mile's shtick of a man between worlds
Miles has a shtick?

But what about me?

Attached: _pdp_sq_.jpg (1000x1000, 105K)

Dunno dude, you're the one claiming Peni is older than Miles

You'll show up for ten minutes to do exposition and tell Miles what a great guy he is and then fuck off

the writing wasnt remotely the good thing about Spider-verse

It's say it in the art books and mercs.

I don't think it will live up to the original, but I'm still here for it.

Literally a "she's actually a 100 year old dragon" design decision

This October

>>This has nothing to do with Spiderverse or any BLACKED memes but how the FUCK does Amy Pascal still have a job?
I was literally about to post this. I thought she got pushed out of Sony after Ghostbusters? This bitch is the height of incompetence.

The death of Parker was a motivator for both Miles' and Gwen's heroics. Even in the movie Uncle Aaron's death wasn't the catalyst for Miles' desire to become Spider-man, that was fulfilling his promise to 1610 Peter. His Uncle's death helped provide a definition on what he wanted Spider-man to be.

And yes Miles' shtick has always been the man between. Not just with the obvious Civilian and Hero life, but with his transition from Public to boarding school, His bi-racial background, His father's shady past prompting them to give him his mother's last name to keep that stigma away, his age of being not quite a boy yet not a man, his straight arrow father and his shady uncle, and literally being born in 1610 but living currently in 616.

Attached: 1548545671147.png (786x711, 352K)

>Getting a new haircut counts as a character arc
Just like my animu

>it's bad on purpose

If Gwen doesn't get a new haircut, then I'll never fap to her.

>Guys we need the public to like Miles
>should we give him his own villains? His own stories? His own love interest?
>NAH JUST HAVE HIM TAKE PETER'S

I fucking hate this nigger.

>They're already a better couple than any capeshit out there
lolno

???

More like if she doesn't grow her hair back, then I'll never fap to her.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-02-22-21h52m19s229.png (1920x796, 2.19M)

>I mean if they could make Miles a halfway interesting character maybe they can do the same for Spider-Gwen
If only they could, yeah. But they failed with Miles, so why stop there?

Gwen wasn't a superhero before dimension-jumping?

Let me add to the
>Pascal
>Pascal
>Pascal
I honestly thought all the suits would be foaming at the mouth just waiting for an excuse to fire this retard especially after the sony leaks, I'm bewildered she's still there. Christ hollywood is such a fucked up place.

There is nothing suggest that she is 8 years old.

She is just short.

The death of earth 65 Peter user.

Spider-verse:
>A romance built on a foundation of respect from one 'prime' spider-person to another 'new' spider-person that reached their potential.
Meanwhile in the MCU:
>Tony and Pepper start talking over each other for the 10th time. They are in love.
>Steve makes out with some random thot who will never be seen again just as Carter walks by. AWKWAAAAARD!
>Everything with Thor and Jane foster (remember her?)
>Everything with Scott and Hope.

Meanwhile in the DCEU:
>Superman making out over a bunch of corpses he killed
>Aquaman making out in the middle of a battlefield
>"Hehe Mera, I can just pee on it" They are in love.

Now I need you to tell me why Gwen and Miles is shit without starting your sentence with the letters "N" and "I"

Attached: 72098125_p0_master1200.jpg (800x1200, 213K)

it really was.

Her company is making these movies happen, you're expecting too much out of these suits. They're all buddy-buddy in their collective stupidity

Save it for the judge

Three of the villains are miles.

scorpion
Female doc ock
And prowler

>A romance built on a foundation of respect from one 'prime' spider-person to another 'new' spider-person that reached their potential

One? You literally just pointed out yourself that Miles and Gwen dealt with two different Parkers. And even ignoring that, what the heck does that even mean?
>oh wow Miles, you've become a cool enough dude to replace this dead guy i didn't know as Spiderman, guess i have to fuck you now because I'm the female lead of the movie

Spider-verse:
>A romance built on a foundation of Sony and Marvel REAAALLY wanting to push Miles as the next Spider-Man in order to cash in on American white guilt

Literally all Peter's

Prowler isn't, unless he's some obscure Peter character I don't know about.

The other two are, though.

Attached: 1553524729681.jpg (220x327, 42K)

Aaron Davis is miles
Mexican scorpion is mile
Female doc ock is from miles world.

Attached: Ultimate_Comics_Spider-Man_Vol_2_8_Textless.jpg (626x950, 182K)

Miles' Prowler is just the Ultimate version of the normal Peter villain

>it's this Peter's thing but x
Every time

Oh, then the little faggot doesn't get that point, either.

They're Miles characters as much as Miles himself is an original creation - not very much

>any pascal
>nigger lover
Into the trash it goes

begone THOTs

Are there any version of the original spider-man who have their own original villains?

>why is sony retarded
cause water is wet

Liz is way diffrent from doc ock. Same thing with Aaron davis and Mexican scorpion.

The fucking state of Yea Forums

No, but it's only an issue with Miles despite him being a direct line legacy character so it would make sense for him to inherit villains from Peter. You never see this with Wally Flash, or the GLs.

>despite him being a direct line legacy character so it would make sense for him to inherit villains from Peter
That's the rub. People like Peter. People don't like Miles. They had to accept that people didn't want Miles to replace Peter, but Miles only had shit thanks to being a legacy hero.

not really though

2099 has his fair share of "Regular Spider-Man Villain 2099" but he also has a bunch of original foes, like Flipside or Mutagen.

feels gross, they felt more like a brother sister vibe to me and the romance provides dissonance.

but whatever, i dont really care, at least it's straight.

their spider outfits look great paired ill admit that.

It's an issue with Miles because his "Peter but x" schtick is worse and more boring than just "Peter", there is no point to his existence.

Yes they do.

He's black, user. The fucking niggers here will defend him until they're black in the face, but all they care about is "MILES BLACK YA'LL"

Liv isn't even the first female Ock. It's like you guys are purposefully trying to come off as annoying casuals

The prime spider-person is Gwen, user. Out of everyone on the team She's the spider at the top or nearing the top of her game. You could argue Noir could be close but, he's out of his depth by nature of the properties of his universe being so vastly different from 1610.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9QUheNUDC8I

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcfo3JjmyTs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5r0vvcHcYhg

ok i agree with your point fellow racist but this post was in poor taste and you need to step it up

spbp

Right, i misread. That doesn't change the second point tho, all you're saying is that since she's a woman Gwen is destined to be the protagonist's walking cock-pocket

I didn't say she is the first one, you fucking idiot.

Aw jeez I dunno man.

I pretty consistently felt that spider gwen and miles worked better as awkward friends.

That's just how Hollywood works. Remember, Hollywood doesn't want to make good movies, it never has. Hollywood wants to make the cheapest movie it can that you'll still pay for.
Therefore, you build up a lot of goodwill by making a good, original movie, and then squeeze that goodwill for every penny you can before moving on to a new IP. After all, why make two good movies, when you could make one good movie and one shitty, cheap movie, and make the same amount of money?

Not really. 15 months isn't anything at that age. When I was in 9th grade I dated an 11th grader.

yeah and i banged a 8th grader when i was in 10th grade feels good bro

yeah cmon

don't do this

They have actual chemistry unlike in the comics so I'll give them the Benefit of the doubt for now.
as long as it doesn't subvert the entire plot I'm okay with it

>Let's start from the beginning, one last time.
yfw

Attached: Superior.jpg (300x463, 28K)

Point is what makes her a special Miles exclusive as "different from doc ock" if there's nothing weird or new about having different Ocks?

Says the guy on the board that is obsessed with Peni.

Honestly I don't know what people expected after last film, and her costume is still sex incarnate. Personally I'd say get Tobey in on the spiderverse instead but what the fuck do I know.

Romance has been proven to be a draw for women in a broad sense, and to producers that means WE NEED THIS ASPECT NOW NOW NOW JAM IT IN

?????

I don't know where you could be getting that from a single post but I have approximately 0% interest in peni

I don't really like how they changed her design so much from the comic

>I don't know where you could be getting that from a single post but I have approximately 0% interest in peni
Congrats you're a minority on Yea Forums. Also blind, if you didn't notice this board's boner for her.

It wasn't anything groundbreaking, but it did its job fine.

Her costume is literally just a white instead of red spider suit and a hood. Unlike previous spider-women, there's no bare midriff, huge honkers or a bikini component. For a super suit, it's incredibly tame, but still easily iconic.

No, no it's not. Not for girls that like comic book stuff. A fun, well-made movie about her kicking ass is going to draw more in than Pandering Movie #923.

Attached: I am programmed to cringe.gif (540x329, 896K)

why are you accusing me tho

is this one of those projecting things where you're insecure about heing into it so you're assuming everyone is

She's technically not at Sony anymore but works as a freelancer (with her production company) on all the Spider-Man related projects still. And also on another unrelated spider-themed movie because apparently genderbent Jon Peters.

I'm saying their relationship is built upon respect for one another. Miles when he backs off and offers space when he hears about Gwen's backstory and Gwen when she's the first person to ever refer to Miles as Spider-man. We're approaching Boss/Snake levels of camaraderie. This foundation is fucking Iron-clad.

Attached: 1552625951764.png (1520x714, 1.47M)

>No, no it's not.
Yes it is, for film. Go look this up if you don't believe me. A female superhero film without ANY romance is a risky fucking venture for producers, and I say that in current year with the success of male lead superhero films without romance. Its a trend that will stick around because producers hate risk.

I'm not accusing you of being into illiterate-kun, I'm accusing you of being on the board that is incredibly into it while being a naive retard.

Spoken like a true member of a board of directors.

>We're approaching Boss/Snake levels of camaraderie.
lol fuck no

uhhhhhhhh

If you ask me, Gwen's opinion of Miles is like a dog that FINALLY learned that one trick you've been trying to teach him. He's cute, a clutz and damn, he's adorable.

I'd rather the sequel be another fun spider-verse story with new characters, and the miles/gwen thing can still happen but its a subplot.

>the success of male lead superhero films without romance
They tend to go lighter on the romance but there's always a bit there. All of the MCU's male heroes who've had a solo have a significant other or at least hints at it.
Same goes for most X-Men movies, they tend to cram something or other in there.
Same for the DC movies too (maybe not Shazam idk).

You don't let your characters be implied gay.

You're right in the sense that this most likely reflects the producers' mindset, but at the same time you're saying this while CM is at risk of breaking a billion at the box orifice without any hint of fucking

This bait was so high quality I had to respond.
Also because I'm the faggot that keeps shilling Peni x Miles.

Attached: 1548134941427.jpg (578x960, 47K)

Anyone else in film or production will say the same thing.

CM is the exception that proves the rule, really. Its such an oddity in that regard compared to other women superhero films that it will probably be used as bargaining grounds for creative freedom for years down the line.

You can dislike it if you want but that's the way production works. Change is a slow process.

Is it really a shitpost if it's true? Remember the shitstorm about the cover on the left? How come the even worse Gwenpool cover which is more revealing and literally has her being manhandled got through unnoticed?

Attached: Spider-Butts.jpg (800x596, 278K)

What are you trying to said? She is diffrent enough from peter doc ock.

>We're approaching Boss/Snake levels of camaraderie.
I like them but good fucking lord no.

>actually believing this

meant to also quote

You don't have to like it user but it's true. If I had a twitter account I'd ask Kojima to confirm it.

>my opinion is objectively correct
get a load of this guy

Asians don't care about black people, MGS doesn't have a single standout black character and Kojima never mentioned Miles in his mini-review, he pretty much only praised the aesthetics and the concept of a multiverse.

The rich get as much chances as they want. Thats why she and every other CEO of major firms is/was there allthough they failed at every second step.

I'm unironically agree.

Attached: 1546537699138_by_andydhk-dcw5vxf.png (540x1006, 169K)

What about the Darpa Chief/Signet?
What about Drebin?
What about Fortune?
What about you talking out your ass?

Its amazing how you guys can't read the thread.

>Miles+Peni shipper
>illiterate
pottery

That would be one of the two genuinely cool things they could include. The other one being Supaida-Man.

It's not a shitpost, its not a /pol/ post. This is just the truth.

What can I say? I am what i am.

Attached: 1544625741505.jpg (698x456, 49K)

>Asians don't care about black people may may

How come when they make a mixed couple media it's always black guy white girl, what's wrong with a white guy black girl combo? Talk about exclusion amirite?

Attached: IMG_1763.jpg (4032x3024, 1.99M)

Brothers.

Attached: 1548458698373.png (1008x1400, 254K)

Look at most Mcu movies

>All they had to do was keep on Miller and Lord.
Disney and Sony just love kicking those guys out of the door don't they?

I don't know if Americans realize this but most countries in the world are homogeneous and couldn't care less about other races, let alone the isolated Japan.

I mean it's a common pairing but you can't deny Peter just had not one but two black romantic interests in the MCU.

Attached: sonuvabitch.jpg (480x360, 9K)

>Amy Pascal
And like that, you've ruined all hopes I've had for this sequel.

Go back to when sony announced a spiderman animated film. Back to when they wanted their own spiderverse. Back to when trailers for spiderverse first dropped. This whole thread reads exactly like those. Even after being proven wrong, can you be a little optimistic?

Ya but tom Holland is gay so the chemistry is fake

>Even after being proven wrong

Attached: 1486674683499.gif (300x225, 1.88M)

I think the major problem with the one on the left is that it looks like fucking garbage.

Where is this rumor of Lord and Miller leaving the films coming from? They're still producing for the entire Project, just like they did for ITSV. They're going to have a hand in it yet again.

Attached: 1552699078915.jpg (788x850, 95K)

Everyone loved it and it won every award. Of course, now you'll say everyone is an idiot except you.

Attached: 4gqtz.jpg (500x376, 186K)

>Voltron writer
>Romance plot
Guaranteed garbage incoming. First Pacific Rim 2 now this, I should really stop wishing for sequels on the monkey's paw.

More notably, with the case for the romance plot, Joaquim was the head writer for Korra and we all know how the romance in that turned out.

Why didn't they use the comic villains?

Attached: 20190325_124044.jpg (1920x1080, 712K)

Bravo Sony! a great blackforced sequel like PR: U!

Attached: NIG.png (268x402, 161K)

You realize Miles was also the protagonist of Spider-Verse 1, right?

It's a good thing Sony doesn't pander to Chinese audiences so shit like this happening is unlikely.

In China they hate this interracial shit and China saved Spider-Verse's ass in the box office, if they do this, their weak universe will die, They didn't learned a shit from TASM2 and their boring romance in a live action movie and now they want to do it AGAIN with blackdude1 and blondegirl2 in an animated movie? Sony doesn't deserve the rights of any shit because they always end up ruining it, worse than Disney or Fox

Attached: sonyflopagain.png (811x171, 19K)

Attached: 4A54DF05-83C9-4043-917F-DAB8A758138E.jpg (1303x1394, 308K)

Attached: 5811644B-C54A-4188-A512-71BFBB75332B.jpg (940x1518, 293K)

>>"strong female characters don't need a man"
>>"unless it's a black guy"
This is a complete shitpost considering Misty Knight and Ms.Marvel are both strong and needed white males. There are some females that even need Hispanic and Asian males. In the MCU a black man needed white men and one white woman to fight a battle he didn't know they could win. Even in Wonder Woman and Justice League a woman needed a white savior known as Superman

Didn't they also hate The Great Wall for doimg this with a white male and chinese lady?

In the Russian dub, Gwen told Miles that she is from South Africa. Did she tell that in the original? Because watching black guy trying to get the white chick after she lied to him that she is from SAR just to shut him up was pretty hilarious.

Yes.

It's part of the way to remove and demoralize white men and push for white women to be with minorities.

Also
>blond hair, blue eyed girl
>pair her with spic AND nigger boy
It's like they're not even trying to hide this

Nice sourceless clickbait shilling, retard.
Also, /pol/ threads are cancer and against >>>/global/rules/3 and >>>Yea Forumsrules/1
OP is a faggot.
Do your part to help purge this board of subhumans like him by reporting this thread.
Here's a link so you don't have to scroll up to the top of the page.
sys.4channel.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=106627760

>Meanwhile, everything else is full of white men getting the girl.

And yet these few exceptions are the cause for concern.

based speedreader

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/12/sony-spider-man-future-amy-pascal-phil-lord-interview

>blacked shilling
I will not watch your film.

I think the problem is in
>white men getting the white girl
>minority men also getting the white girl
Minority women are drastically underrepresented as either standalone characters or objects of male affection

Attached: 1538536887933.jpg (2200x1500, 389K)

>Everyone

Stupid waifuposter, the mask is what makes her cute.

Attached: Spidertits.jpg (640x960, 43K)

>I should really stop wishing for sequels
Of course you should, you fucktard braindead consumer-monkey.

>In China they hate this interracial shit
Source? China is the lead importer of African mail ordered brides.
>China saved Spider-Verse's ass in the box office
It made ~16% of its revenue there, not make or break money. Homecoming grossed nearly double what Spider-Verse did in China and that had 2 (two) interracial couples.

If you're going to count shit like Netflix Elektra or Mystery Meatquaman, might aswell count MCU Gamora.

>being this much of a newfag
Yea Forums isn't against racism. Never was and never will be.

Stormfaggotry was once frowned upon even on /pol/, stop pretending you're not a newfag.

>I want to emphasize the goodness of a good tooth more
Fucking Murata

Attached: 1420363379471.jpg (500x375, 53K)

I preferred how the original film ended: with Miles having a crush on her that ultimately was forgotten about in favor of them becoming good friends.

I like some of the director's work on Avatar and Justice League: Unlimited. The writer has made nothing I like and 1 movie I hate.
I think Yea Forums will throw a tantrum and make a bunch of predictions that end up being the furthest thing from what actually happens.

>I think Yea Forums will throw a tantrum and make a bunch of predictions that end up being the furthest thing from what actually happens.
That's always a pretty safe bet.

I want more milfs

Attached: rio__spiderman__enter_the_spiderverse__by_preggosteggo_dd2oqct.png (1280x1927, 1.88M)

Fucking hell that's fucked up. Damn jews and their forced pet niggers

Into the Octo-Verse spin-off when?

Attached: 1551698260214.png (900x863, 354K)

>imagine living in Aligger and the Wonderland of lies
heh

Attached: hahahasofunnyanon.jpg (1920x1080, 308K)

Honestly, pretty likely for the next film.

Attached: D2gj2WsU0AAg5L4.jpg large.jpg (1152x2048, 329K)

I don't mind. Miles actually has a character and dorky black kid+grungy alternative white chick is one of the few kinds of BLACKED I can stomach. What really matters though, is it going to be written well/animated well/full of charm like the first? If not then fuck off.

I'm surprised anyone is actually surprised, they announced this like right after it was released. The writer change? Yeah that's new, but Gwen getting BLACKED for the sake of it was their intention all along. Not saying its okay because its totally forced and its probably going to be worse now.

Attached: 1546165898897.png (596x799, 598K)

>a Lord/Miller movie drops Lord/Miller and input from the female president of the producing company inserts their own thoughts

Because that worked last time

Attached: unnamed.jpg (512x288, 79K)

Boyega was the least bad of the bad parts of that movie.

Lord/Miller weren't part of the sequel to begin with.

Attached: 1459828827938.jpg (640x640, 62K)

That's a pretty weak attempt user, apply yourself.

Even though it's a annoying and no one asked for it can you even be surprised anymore?

Jesus people actually track this kind of thing?

white women belong to BLACK men, now young kids are being groomed to it with their favorite cartoons, nothing wrong with that.
B
L
A
C
K
E
D

Is being against racemixing really seen as racism in America?

Attached: ali.png (1280x960, 507K)

I'm fine with either, or both, Gwen and Miles getting a relationship. I see why Miles likes Gwen, that seemed natural in the first movie. A lot has to change in movie 2 for Gwen to be attracted to Miles though. As things stand, he's pretty much her goofy younger brother; which is a very difficult thing to change in a way that isn't clumsy.

If they're committed to the Gwen x Miles route, can hey can pull it off successfully? I'm not optimistic that they will be able to make it seem like a natural romance. It will probably seem forced, or from out of left field. Hopefully, i'm wrong, and it works out flawlessly.

Attached: 1552147198438.jpg (991x1200, 264K)

How racist is it to believe separate but equal is the way to go?

Not like ironically kind-of air quotes "equal" like the 50's and 60's, but actually legitimately equal?

Does anyone know what Crispy thought about Spider-Verse?

not him but alot of ethnic populations worldwide dont bother with racemixing

for some even countrymixing is a somewhat recent development, its not about forced separation its about the tendency for birds of a feather to fuck together.

btw im not even against racemixing lol

Welp, looks like the spider-verse movies are going to hell in a handbasket.

Looks like our hopes will rest on the spider tv shows.

>legitimately equal?
it's really impossible to make public facilities equal. Even if the government allots the same amount of money for each place, the outcome is not equally good schools/hospitals/roads/etc. And the inequality is exacerbated by private donations to specific schools/hospitals/etc.

She rubs the top of his thumb with hers when they grab hands
Why is everyone convinced the attraction was one way and not mutual? The friendship was more of a result of both characters convinced they'd never be able to see each other again.

Attached: D1vxW2OVYAA_-VI.jpg large.jpg (820x1024, 98K)

In an ideal world, no. Because, in an ideal world, there wouldn't be any baggage to that belief. It'd be your personal belief. But, we live in a world with baggage and that belief would only perpetuate the divide that causes mistrust, ignorance and hate.

Yesss
I want them to fuck

Attached: Chibi Ruby 06.png (500x500, 169K)

>Now I need you to tell me why Gwen and Miles is shit without starting your sentence with the letters "N" and "I"

Miles needs to be able to stand on his own, there's nothing about him to make him different from Peter and giving him a version of Gwen for a love interest rather than an original character does nothing to build him as anything but "black Spider-Man"

>boss/snake
Holy fuck you blackedfags are on some other shit

>Asian men just getting left fucking COLD

dam

Is this Gwen also gonna "SNAP!"?

already knew this but still.
not have much faith in it

Attached: noir fire cinemark sketch.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

If it would trigger /pol/ then it's doing God's work.

Eh, you can't win with reactionaries. Because, even if you don't give them something to be mad at, they'll make something up. All you can do is exclude them from public discourse. Because they'll poison the well, otherwise.

>Open the Multiverse
>Get people's hopes up
>Sequel is on track to be a RomCom
Damn it Sony

Attached: 1472926624366.png (541x718, 763K)

this movie really doesn't need a sequel

Besides the fact he has two living parents
Besides the fact that he's a 2nd generation hero
Besides the fact he exist in a world were Spider-man has already been around
Besides the fact his love interest hails from an entirely different universe
Besides the fact that his love interest is super powered
Besides the fact that attends a boarding school
Besides the fact that he doesn't posses a genius level IQ
Besides the fact he's never had a problem working with others and seeks advice on how to proceed constantly

He's just like Pete. but Black.

Attached: D2fvHR3VYAEI5B7.jpg large.jpg (1328x1186, 178K)

Is it just Spiders that are hard-wired to want to rail their alt-universe selves?

Only the last two are character traits. Everything else you listed is circumstantial, theoretically you could have an alt-universe Pete that would react the same as Morales in those situations.

Great shitpost, but I'm gonna need the titles to every book containing both Gwen and Miles that brought you to these conclusions ... for science.

All of that (except the super powered love interest, black cat) and he still actively detracts from the franchises and adds nothing of value

>hi
>i hate the multiverse
>also i like comic books

This movie would've been better with 616 Peter and 1610 Peter. Gwen should stay dead though.

That's a personal user. I can't help you there. Also Black Cat is not meta powered. She didn't fall into a vat of 4 leaf clovers to gain her "powers" It's a character quirk at best.

Circumstantial? That's retarded, You could search the multiverse and gain any combination of 'circumstance' to make any character like any other.
But if you want more "traits"
Miles is a reluctant hero. He often has a more 'mutant' outlook on his powers being a curse and making him an outcast, compared to Pete embracing the freedom and the power it gave him
Miles also doesn't posses a hard wired no kill rule.

Attached: D2XbTwVUwAEqeQg.jpg large.jpg (880x1120, 266K)

>>gwen is probably the least interesting spiderman of the bunch
that was peni

Her character arc was
>I don't really trust people
>I trust people now because they're spiders like me!
The end. Not very exciting but it's there.

Attached: anime girl.gif (1090x1035, 183K)

>>"OMGG 8yo Peni has a crush on Miles they're so cutee!"
If movie Miles and movie Peni share their comic ages, then Peni is actually a year older than him.

>Also Black Cat is not meta powered
She is in some continuities, like in the TAS series where she's a pseudo She-Hulk

That's btw another example of what user means by circumstantial. You list pointless shit like "he goes to a peculiar school" as if that's not something an AU Peter could have, just like how one Peter fuck a human Felicia while another fucks the super-powered one. It's like saying TASM Peter is actually brand new and fresh character because he rode a skateboard at one point

>Miles is a reluctant hero
Woweeweerow, stop the fucking presses, that's so unique and new for a Spiderman!

Attached: Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_50.jpg (985x1495, 356K)

More like a couple of months but yeah, movie Peni is slightly older.

Attached: 73469447_p0.png (832x853, 622K)

very interesting post, user. But I suggest you delete it.

It's not how good you do your job it's who you know and what your last name is. That's what matters in Hollywood which is why so much shit gets made.

I think Gwen wasn't interesting and only really took screen time better used on Miles and Peter.

Is the Spiderverse cast really pissing on Stan Lee's legacy? I mean Miles, Peni, and Porker were comicbook characters first, wouldn't Stan Lee have said something about them before? He even cameod in the movie. I know these don't validate anything but I feel like Stan Lee meant that he wanted Peter Parker to be straight and White. Miles is pretty much side kick spidey (atleast in the film) and grows into a full hero by the end.

He is right from the start. From the moment Peter gained his powers he was in love with them. Jumping across rooftops, Performing shows on Ed Sullivan, and generally looking for a way to monetize his gifts. It's only after he takes a hard L or someone dies that he starts moping about muh great power. Miles was straight up suppression of his abilities until Peter bites it and even after he's shaky on the Spider-man thing but it does become as liberating for him as it does for Pete due to his slightly sheltered upbringing. But I'm sure you'll tell me that's circumstantial too.

Attached: D1c-usjU0AEk1nH.jpg large.jpg (2048x1448, 427K)

>the little squiggles are 3d models
That's really neat, I never noticed it before.

Does that mean no one will REEE at me for shipping Peter and Gwen because they're the same age in the comics

>theguardian.com/film/2015/jun/23/stan-lee-spider-man-should-stay-white-and-straight

>The rule that says Peter Parker, Spidey’s alter ego, should always be white doesn’t bother Lee, according to an interview he gave to entertainment site Newsarama.

>“I wouldn’t mind, if Peter Parker had originally been black, a Latino, an Indian or anything else, that he stay that way,” he said. “But we originally made him white. I don’t see any reason to change that.”

call me when peter parker is a gay black latino and then we can say they're "pissing on stan's legacy", but right now you're just pissing yourself off over nothing

Like I said, technicality. It's no different than religious people who use loopholes to technically avoid sinning, the intent is what matters.

No, he literally even states later in the exact fucking article you're bandying around that making a new character that isn't Peter Parker works better.

>“It has nothing to do with being anti-gay, or anti-black, or anti-Latino, or anything like that,” he said. “Latino characters should stay Latino. The Black Panther should certainly not be Swiss. I just see no reason to change that which has already been established when it’s so easy to add new characters. I say create new characters the way you want to. Hell, I’ll do it myself.”

You're a fucking cunt and you're the only one pissing on the man's legacy by spreading this stupid shit.

artbook says peni is 14

movie website says 13
sites.sonypictures.com/spiderverse/site/#characters

Attached: Spider-Man Into the Spiderverse Art book peni 1.png (1920x1080, 1.81M)

>"I say create new characters the way you want to. Hell, I’ll do it myself.”
I'm sure that he meant "create the same characters I did except black/latino/female/gay" by that.

eh
i mean i saw it coming, but Id have prefered if they stayed friends. I was actually pretty happy to see the movie end without them making out. It was outside the usual superhero shit, and I liked that.

Movie Gwen is explicitly stated to be only a little bit over a year older than Miles, so it's not the same.

But they aren't the same age. Comic 616 Pete has at minimum 12 years on comic Spider-Gwen but it's more likely A decade and a half.

>Amy Pascal
>Directed by Joaquim (We had a good thing going with Avatar but really dropped the bomb on Korra and Voltron)
>Written by literalwho David Callaham

Welp. We'll always have the first one.

Attached: 1465093342723.jpg (638x470, 121K)

It's all arbitrary anyway, they keep aging her down so they could pair her with Miles, Peni obviously looks 8 yet they claim she's 14, it doesn't matter at all, I could say "well I ship him with an alternate universe Gwen who is 25 but otherwise identical to the movie Gwen" and there'd be no difference

Interpret it in whatever loophole way you want to, you're still wrong.
Especially since Stan was still alive when Morales was created, and it's a character he gave full support to.

nydailynews.com/entertainment/marvel-comics-brings-special-versions-spider-man-including-dead-ringer-a-rod-article-1.1059630
>Doing our bit to try to make our nation, and the world, color blind is definitely the right thing,"

I just want to reiterate that you're literally pretending a fucking article header from The Guardian is his legacy. You actual shithead.

>Peni obviously looks 8 yet they claim she's 14
Because of the cutesy style they went with for her, she's so small she has to stand on a desk to be in the same shot as everyone else in Miles' room, that'd be short as fuck even for an 8 year old.

bad because essentially you are literally forcing people to think your way. Thats the problem.

literally its impotent virgins demanding almost comple control over other peoples because of petty tribalistic thoughts. Everytime someone is posting this "To each their own !" shit like this they are trying to convince others to subscribe to their manner of thinking never themselves.

pretty stupid and pathetic and I've seen all races do it.

>the jap man who seethes when jap women marry a white man
>the black woman who seethes when her son brings home a white girl or when she sees a white woman/black guy couple
>the white man who seethes at the "coal burners"

the idea of racial purity cant work because you are literally depriving people of freedom of choice for something so narcissistic and trivial for something that makes like next to no evolutionary sense .
the Irony of it all to me personally is that I think these kind of people dont even believe what they preach. like I'm willing to bet 90% of /pol/ tards who preach this racial purity nonsense would take their favorite JAV star to pound town no questions asked if they were approached by them and given the chance or any cute/sexy girl of "exotic" race really.

This leads me to believe that these are domineering thoughts are really not a product of benevolence or love for the human race but rather more grounded in "misery loves company" type of subconscious.It's like this weird spin off of the Fox and Grapes allegory but with skin pigmentation and random data charts instead.

Attached: 1527389198499.jpg (500x464, 34K)

Guy's blood was literally being stolen by his handlers and used to stamp signatures to be sold, he was subject to severe elder abuse, and you think he was in any capacity to say no to Marvel, whatever makes you sleep at night.

>bad because essentially you are literally forcing people to think your way. Thats the problem.
Why can't two consenting siblings fuck

Cool. I like them.

>Spiderman is black because Stan Lee was being abused and having his blood stolen, he absolutely would've shut down that fucking nigger in his comics
whatever makes you sleep at night

Attached: 1412732392752.jpg (960x540, 93K)

>I think these kind of people dont even believe what they preach. like I'm willing to bet 90% of /pol/ tards who preach this racial purity nonsense would take their favorite JAV star to pound town no questions asked if they were approached by them and given the chance or any cute/sexy girl of "exotic" race really.
Have casual sex and relationships with whoever you want, don't form long term relationships/marriages with them and have mixed babies. It's incredibly selfish because the culture, races, and the offspring suffer for the benefit of two people.

BIG

Bet you believe Mark Hamill loved TLJ

Attached: 1553557071161.gif (444x250, 414K)

Attached: 1546726493551.jpg (521x474, 27K)

Mark Hamill's at least made public statements about his distaste for the films before, you've still presented nothing about Stan disliking those niggers in his Spiderman except for a bunch of what-if's and your own "intuitions" about his own statements.

Nice try to deflect, though.

>what ifs and intuitions
>literally said the characters should stay who they are
Now you're just being intentionally ignorant

He said Peter should still be white and that new characters can be whatever they want.
You're twisting that into "the ~intent~ was that Spiderman is a white hero!" and that anything else was because he was being drained of his blood by abusers.

Just pack it in, man.

You are twisting that he technically didn't say "don't use loopholes that achieve the exact same thing I said you shouldn't do", he was giving a public statement, not writing legislation

>You are twisting that he technically didn't say "don't use loopholes that achieve the exact same thing I said you shouldn't do"

Attached: 1391204256615.png (300x188, 22K)

I'm not twisting anything. He literally gave Morales a statement of approval. He was still alive when Morales was created.
It's as simple as "Miles isn't Peter".

Don't look at me, that is what the other guy wanted him to say so we were clear on what to do and what not to do in order to respect his legacy, no inferring or reason allowed

are you retarded?
this is the dumbest comment I've read today. I want you to seriously think about what you just posted and what you are trying to compare.

if anything racemixing is the opposite of inbreeding.

Just pack it the fuck in, loser. You're literally inferring statements and "reasons" out of thin air.
Stan said Peter shouldn't be white, but people can make other characters.
He gave support for Morales in the past.

Until you can actually find proof that Stan didn't like Morales, who isn't even the first non-white Spiderman, you're baseless and arguing on principle instead of anything else.

Attached: 1431221921489.png (500x667, 137K)

Why are you forcing people to think your way? Not all sex is for reproduction

Okay, I'm off to write a Swiss guy who becomes Black Panther after I kill off T'Challa, I'm sure Stan would be proud

Good idea! Call him Otto Octavius.

literally the only bad part of fucking your sibling is the whole recessive trait fuckery that goes on when you have a child.

if you can eliminate that then by all means please fuck who or whatever you want.

There have to be some rules that you have to follow. It wouldn't make sense for a swiss man to become Black Panther because it's a Royal title. He'd have to at least be a native citizen of Wakanda. Just like it wouldn't make sense for Brazilian to become Captain America. Those are nationalistic titles.

literally the only bad parts of racemixing are the dilution of culture, the identity problems and social exclusion the child faces, the increased difficulty of finding bone marrow donors, loss of unique recessive genes, loss of heritage and ancestry, loss of diversity

if you can eliminate that then racemix to your heart's content

Inbreeding birth defects only start a few generations in

He'll be a naturalized citizen that was made an honorary native due to how much better he was than any Wakandan and then he'll challenge and kill T'Challa to take over the throne

Because they want to push white women into racemixing to help eradicate white people quicker.

>I mean it's a common pairing
Not in real life. Black man/white woman is one of the least common interracial relationships there is. You just watch too much kike propaganda.

Nope, no agenda here.

I still don't get where this Gwen Stacy/Miles Morales crack ship came from or what the appeal is to pairing one of Peter's most iconic love interests with Miles. It'll never be anything more than random and forced

>Canon in 2 separate continuities
>Crack pairing.

Attached: 3d17dbce-6004-433d-a9ba-fe03782089d4.jpg (1742x1746, 507K)

>came from
Yes, it's a mystery.

Attached: 1539839533605.gif (452x523, 3K)

Huh, wonder what this fag has writt-

>Doom 2005
>All the fucking expendables movies
>That shitty 2014 Godzilla movie

Well fuck, there goes my hope for this one. How the fuck do suits even decide on writing duties in movies?

Attached: forRealNigga.jpg (480x480, 22K)

>spider verse is a sucess
>immediately spike it to the ground

mhm

15 months age difference is reasonably only two grade levels apart. Really not that big of a deal breaker.

one grade level*

Peni is just the cutest!

Attached: CB7E9603-0AF0-4EB5-BB89-FD92E9D44833.jpg (778x1027, 65K)

There are/were litterally prominent white male non-white female realtionships though Misty Knight and Iron Fist
Bruce Wayne and Talia al ghul
Cyclops and Psylocke
Thor and Storm
Iceman and Opal
Wally West and Linda Park
Wolverine and Mariko
Angel and Psylocke
Daredevil and Electra
Some of them are still going

>All of these deleted replies ripping on Amy Pascal

??? Is posting her name a ban-worthy offense now?

Also, fuck me everything that was good about the first film just got chucked into the trash can, GG Sony.

Can't Slott just have a stroke and retire?
I hate fat middle-aged white comic books writers with a passion.

Ae they ever going to solve the Gwen plothole? That seems to be the only thing that I have an issue with

this is true.
>muh pol butthurt
you either can't, or more likely, choose not to think objectively.

>let us commence at the origin, once more
>My name is otto octavius. For decades, I used my criminal genius to control the underbelly of New York City. My one nemesis was that arrogant fool, Spider-man. On the eve of my final triumph, I took the fool's own body - his very identity, but in the process, I learned what it was to be Peter Parker. Now, I carry on in his stead, as the SUPERIOR Spider-man. Out of my way, fools, I must begin my experiments.

>Elektra
>not white

She's Greek, my dude. She's white.

大丈夫、最後から始めから始めましょう。

山城拓哉です。 私はエイリアンを発見し、彼の力を獲得し、そしてロボットヒョウを制御することを学んだのです。 地獄からの使者として、私は "Iron Cross" 軍を止め、世界を救い、そして少女を手に入れました。 今私はここにいます、家に帰ろうとしています。 人生は非常に素晴らしかったので、敵を全滅させて先へ進むことができるでしょうか。

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 139K)

It's going to suck, it seems forced.
I'm more curious about why they're going with the multiverse angle yet again, especially after establishing that people can't survive outside their own dimension.

I have a feeling that they're gonna go the way of the Lego movies in that they're still gonna be fine movies, but the fanfare will die off and the things that made the first one unique won't be repeated. The lack of Lord and Miller, along with them pushing Milse and Gwen together, all but confirms this in my eyes.

Wow, she's completely lost in her thoughts, I bet she can't wait till school is over so she can go to Miles's place finally.

Attached: 1552239068134.jpg (1080x1080, 63K)

How do you "Ironically" a decade?
Hardmode, don't answer "the 90's"

Didn't know that being "canon" absolves you of being bizarrely forced

Attached: chong.jpg (179x281, 7K)

The 2010s since they were the birth of meta post-ironic irony

Attached: 1549253090082.gif (487x815, 65K)

both of them are super cute in the movie, so I really don't mind

>Asians don't care about black people
Repeating yourself isn't going to make something come true.

This.

>Asians care about black people
Repeating yourself isn't going to make something come true. I'm not saying they care about other races, but they especially don't care about black people. Pic related are the stats for the US where the population is already mixed and diversity is the social norm, it's far worse in their homogeneous homelands.

Attached: stats.jpg (650x180, 46K)

Here you retards go again throwing out statistics you don't understand.

>Limiting it to the United States
Strike 1
>Implying that every couple is getting married
Strike 2
>Using marriage as the measurement for how much one race cares about another.
Strike 3. You're out.

Oh and

>Bringing up marriage statistics in a discussion about pop culture and entertainment.

Attached: 1550380513988.png (1050x800, 204K)

Attached: DE5953A5-6C08-4935-9B7B-4C63C590AE1E.png (229x360, 123K)

Attached: A12F6B35-A306-49B0-95B5-FD5FEBBC22C9.png (330x679, 303K)

>make a great movie
>hire the shittiest writers and directors for the sequel
Fucking sony

Attached: 079_004_077.jpg (544x416, 42K)

White tiger is tchakas adopted white son and through that he has some claim to the throne of you killed off tchalla and replaced him with white tiger you’d get outrage. But the difference between him and miles is white tiger has connections to black panther miles has no connections other than being the reason to kill peter

>Miles Prowler is just the Ultimate version of the normal Peter villain

That sounds like one hell of a crossover

Attached: 1e4c0020bad651a89e675aabe7126aef.jpg (640x479, 44K)

>all this talentless hacks writing the sequel
Hell Im so desperate I'd rather have Slott and Bendis write the fucking sequels

Spiderverse was utter trash and not amount of sonyfags will change that. The only reason it's praised is obvious messages and black lead. Just like Black Panther. USA's culture is fucked beyond repair and the worst thing is that this culture is infiltrated in other countries and now influence actually good ones.
Creating capeshit like that is a crime against art itself. I hope someday capeshit cancer dies. It gain populartiy and now they're forcing their political trash with it without making any effrot in quality. Fucking disgsusting.

Attached: disugst.jpg (260x384, 27K)

>Slott and Bendis write the fucking sequels
>OC-off, bro, you and me

"Spider-man" isn't a rank or a Royal / National Title. To be Spider-man all you need is to be bit by a special spider. It's 100% complete chance versus having a familial connection.

Attached: D1ypRE3VYAEOmaj.jpg large.jpg (1185x1334, 225K)

Spider-man is the name a teen from the 60s picked up after getting bit by a spider. The only reason Miles is using it is because it’s an established name why is it unreasonable for him to use a name he made up on his own? The character was only made to placate market forces their is no creativity to be found and he has no desire to ferment a legacy of his own. I’ve enjoyed peter for s good portion of my life and why should I accept a character whose sole purpose in being is to kill off the character I like in his prime than proceed to add nothing of his own to the title he usurps no villains no supporting cast no character flaws or motivations no relationship to the overall universe he’s been crafted into just because he’s the third most interesting spider person in a new Sony franchise isn’t enough to justify the complete lack of connective tissue that makes these giant shared universes so popular

>Miles vs. Otto - who can suck the other guy's dick harder?

Not really, there plenty of ways to be spider-man.

Using symbiote
Getting exploded by spider DNA
Get a mecha.
Get eaten by spiders
Get bitten by radioactive pig

>He can accept a concept of multiple universes
>He can accept multiple variations of a hero within those universes, some of which are extremely similar and some that are wildly different each with unique scenarios that got them to that point.
>He can't accept a scenario where Parker's luck ran out and someone else stepped in to finish the job.

That's some high level autism my man. You can just say you don't like Miles. That's it.

Attached: D1kx10aUkAAyDZR.png large.png (759x659, 400K)

Not a single one of them was pushed as a replacement for Peter except Miles

If it's not going to have the same creators involved I don't care at all.

Except for Ben reily, peni parker, 2099

Nope except Ben who was as hated as Miles

Peni parker replace his father who was her universe Peter parker.

And 2099 took the name of a dead super hero.

Again, neither was pushed as the replacement Spider-Man, they're trivial alternate universe what-ifs

I guess Otto doesn't count?

Attached: 1551687202116.jpg (1200x1172, 209K)

Miles is technically a what if too.

Hated like Ben and Miles, in my opinion worse than both of them combined

Yeah a what-if that gets featured in every single form of Spider-Man media since 2011, gets brought into 616, gets a comics line called just "Spider-Man", gets his own high budget animated movie (something that Peter never got), gets that movie turned into a franchise, keeps being hinted as the replacement of the main Peter etc

>keeps being hinted as the replacement of the main Peter etc

From where?

Say what you will about Ben at least he was brought in to retire peter sure it was a stupid convoluted idea but they tried to end it with respect Miles is just there to outright replace peter in his prime. While again adding nothing to the franchise in 9 years

Peni is an offshoot of an offshoot and Miguel appears decades after peters story ends and they’re both meant to exist outside the main continuity Miles has been shoehorned into 616 and had to have the biggest plot contrivance to continue his storyline because bendis couldn’t be asked to write something that meshes into the world

In his books and in the movie. That’s his origin in 2 out of his three major appearances, fuck they’re setting him up in the MCU to kill off holland when his contract is up

I'd kill to see Superior Spider-Man as either the villain or one of the heroes.

Again, Ulitmate spiderman.

And we don't know if Tom Holland going to be replace by miles.

>Not in real life. Black man/white woman is one of the least common interracial relationships there is. You just watch too much kike propaganda.

This is a blatant lie though. Ironically WM/BW is one of the least common pairings.

>B-But muh high success rate

Yes because its so fucking uncommon. That's how statistics work.

Look at his legacy numbers he’s directly connected to that to the point where he has no origin in 616 yet they never mention his problems with living two lives on top of each other until other writers

I don't know how Miles is being hinted at being a replacement for Parker besides the fact Parker has no heirs and editorial won't let him settle down despite him getting into his mid-30s.
As for the other stuff, Miles is the face of Alternate dimension Spider-people.
This (exaggerated) 'hatred' for him seems to stem mostly from a conviction of this meta-narrative to kill off good white boys and replace them women and minorities. His story is objectively better then

Ben:
>Remember that Parker that you've been reading about for several hundred issues? Well he's a clone and this blonde Parker here is the real deal. The old Peter you knew is just going to fuck off, enjoy this new one.

or Otto:
>Otto switches minds with Peter Parker. Peter then dies in Otto's old ailing body and Otto becomes Spider-man. Everyone around Otto drops 30 IQ points and doesn't realize something is wrong when Peter doesn't act at all like he did 5 minutes ago.

Attached: 1551124613153.jpg (1101x1200, 99K)

>His story is objectively better
Was it even stated which parts of his 1610 story is canon after secret wars?

Oh boy. What fun. Another sequel with a terrible romance at the heart of it. People aren't going to hate it because Mile's is black. People are going to hate it because it will feel like fanfiction.

If they were brave enough, and both movies weren't a product of writing by committee, the romance would have at least been sparked in the first movie. I haven't the slightest clue how people can put up with cape shit. Still, hopefully the animation is pretty.

>no heirs
>Spider-girl is the only Marvel comic with a female lead to go 100 uninterrupted issues

Come on man

It’s all canon to him it’s just when the writers remember it, the bomb shell story arc continues from the ultimate universe to 616 without interruption despite her arc starting with ultimate peter. Miles was in that venom issue believing he killed his mother despite never interacting with Eddie Brock

You shut your whore mouth, Gwen/Miles is a match made in heaven.

She is not 616.

Neither was Miles

Supposedly the baby is still canon we just don’t know what happened. Did kaine ever say anything when he came back? His story initially ended with him looking for her

Until now.

Oh he’s a 616 native? You wanna tell me his origin story then? When did he become spider-man in relation to peter?

You going to wait until marvel make it.

Right now, he's 616 canon now.

Wow, after being interested in the first, they could not have found a better way to make the sequel more repulsive.

>"It wasn't the good thing so you should be fine with the writer being replaced with someone demonstrably and objectively worse in every way"
Is this what happens when you truly let your agendas take control of your preferences?

Just because they didn't swap spit at the collider and no one said I love you besides Noir doesn't mean there was no attraction user.

Attached: 1587996547.png (1200x1800, 416K)

Which means she could be too

>You going to wait until marvel make it.

Different user, but I honestly don't think they will. They're probably just going to avoid the issue until people stop asking about it.

I mean she's no longer canon to 616 which seems be all anyone cares about.

Attached: e6cba456-c039-4e9e-9dd7-d6d63f0cda74.png (1979x1513, 1.46M)

“Canon” in a movie verse. The comics had a one-off thing which is what spawned the crack pairing. Plus it made no sense by conception. It was literally just ‘Hey let’s pair up Gwen Stacy and Miles Morales because reasons’ with nothing in the story supporting a why or justification on when it comes to the pairing and why it’s good. It’s literal fanfic tier

>As for the other stuff, Miles is the face of Alternate dimension Spider-people
All that Miles can be the face of is hack writing and marketing gimmicks

Quesada said in an interview that in his mind, OMD undid the pregnancy.

'Crack' pairing implies the ship is by nature canonically impossible or at the very least extremely improbable. Gwiles has happened twice with a 3rd time probably happening when they shutter Earth 65 and Spider-Gwen gets moved to 616 proper.

Attached: 1546197280656.png (485x1237, 626K)

>'Crack' pairing implies the ship is by nature canonically impossible
nope

Just saw the first it was excellent hopefully they go with some really good villains in this one

No one wants black women, not even black men.

I kind of wish he kept the street clothes over his costume because it's so boring and bland otherwise. Comics Miles has a more visually interesting suit.

What is with his hate boner for mayday? Fucker kept trying to cancel the book throughout her run despite massive fan support

It is the only way it happens is multiverse bullshit and can you think of another comic couple like that?

I dunno what you're arguing for but I'm saying "canonically impossible" isn't the only definition of crack pairing, and Miles+Gwen are so improbable that they qualify despite being technically canonically possible.

I’m on your side I’m just wondering if there is another comic couple like them where the companies literally upended entire lines to make it work. I’m against the pairing because I think it hurts both characters but I get attacked for thinking that so shit gets tiring talking to people on here

You say this, but can you tell me why the original pairing of Gwen and Peter WASNT forced. You guys just sound like you have blatant bias. There are any number of coupling regarding the heroes in these comics and their respective romantic interest counterpart that are always situational and providential hinting towards fate or "meant to be". This is no different and could argubaly have more substance than other examples. Peter and MJ were no more than neighbors. Nothing about being neighbors means you naturally want to hook up. Gwen finds herself in a different dimension and sees something in Miles who tries to fulfill a promise he makes with a dying Spider-man. Both of their origin stories are tragic. There's enough there, that if Gwen isn't biased in some way, to hold onto and find appealing in Miles. That's all MJ or Gwen needed to fall in love with Peter.

Not that user, the point is Miles is a nobody out of nowhere and forcing elements from Peter's life and history onto him will always feel, well, forced

Miles isn't really "out of nowhere". He's Spider-man, as in, he's a part of Peter's story which is why they share elements ... and Gwen dies in one of Peter's alternate stories, so she's freed up and is a loose element in the multiverse. You should probably just think of Miles as a side character that takes over as the main rather than simply being something that just pops up. Any of these characters, especially Gwen, could be described exactly the same way especially since she becomes a spider person too.

>He's Spider-man
No

can't wait for the blackedposting to commence in earnest

this

>No
Pssst. You know, Gwen is practically Spider-man too.

Because Gwen was designed after Stan Lee's wife

She has a better pedigree for it, that's for sure

>she has a better pedigree for it
What was Peter's pedigree for being Spider-man exactly? He's just a high school kid that got bit by a radioactive spider. His heroism wasn't even established before he became Spider-man; it was all conjured through the affect of Uncle Ben's death- not even after receiving his powers did Parker realize any responsibility to use it to benefit others UNTIL the death of his Uncle Ben. Having the powers alone wasn't sufficient motivation for Peter.

>What was Peter's pedigree for being Spider-man exactly?
...the fact that there is no Spider-Man without Peter Parker? Why is Clark Kent Superman?

Attached: 1380498060470.jpg (238x279, 8K)

>same race couple (most common pairing in the US) modeled after the writer and his wife and who are friends and schoolmates in the story
>just as forced as that same female character being resurrected, gaining spider powers, being flung into another universe, finding a black kid Spider-Man younger than her appealing enough as a partner to form a mixed couple that constitutes less than 1% of all IRL couples in the US, despite also knowing several versions of her original boyfriend
Truly a hot take

No, there is no Spider-man without the death of Uncle Ben.

It's like they are intentionally trying to fuck it up as bad as possible.

I'm wasn't talking in-universe. Peter Parker is Spider-Man, not much if a way around it

>same race
>automatically translates to coupling
Not necessarily. I don't know if you realize this but there's a group of men calling themselves incels who claim to be forced into celibacy by women (in general) which includes, I imagine, women of their race. I think your comment is typically what people are getting towards when they say Gwen and Miles are forced.

Yet there are all these other spider people.

As long as we get some femdom porn we’ll be all good

Yeah i know, makes me wonder how come you're sucking the dick of the shittiest one

I'm just saying, it's a fact that same race couples are the most common IRL, and white same race couples are the most numerous in the US, this makes every fictional WMWF couple feel less forced to a degree, compared to e.g. white male alien female. The same works for BMWF, which is less than 1% IRL in the US, which automatically makes it less believable (but not completely unrealistic) especially compounded with the fact that there's already way more than 1% BMWF couples in comics. All of the parts I mentioned in my previous post like the universe business etc combined make Miles and Gwen a crack ship, whereas Luke Cage and Jessica Jones feel relatively organic, and Peter and Gwen are completely natural.

I'm not sucking his dick. I'm just saying that his story is as formulaic as the rest.

Yeah, no, he's worse

>gwen dies in peters alternate stories?

What the duck are you on about her death is a major part of his story she’s not some bitch in s refrigerator it was a legitimate decision to not let him get tied down 10 years into his book. She has a legitimate standing in his history and comics history and tying her to anlther spider person to legitimize him demeans all involved.

>literally still had the credit music playing as I entered this thread
>learn that the next film is likely to suck

Attached: robofuck.jpg (720x720, 70K)

Miles isn’t a part of peters story he was written to be the end of it. While I understand how comics work and legacy characters are the norm he hasn’t done or added anything of value to the books as a whole

Look /pol/, I already know your timely and predictable regurgitation of racial stats whenever it suits some convenience you want to expose to promote your homogeneous racial agenda. Guess what? It's no surprise to anyone that people in close proximity look similarly, form relationships, and etc., but also these other relationships happen as well that don't necessarily conform to the prejudices and biases that form among same group hive think. Ironically, you could claim that so-called the small percentage of biracial couples aren't forced since they tend to exist outside of that traditional framework. They're the relationships that could arguably be said to have more nuance, providence, and less recognition of outside influence than what's typical.

I like how this "love letter" to Spiderman pays no fucking attention to The Night Gwen Stacy died of all stories. Even funnier when fanboys try to come up with headcanons like "she got over her trauma with Peter in the week she was off screen" to rationalize it

The movie wasn’t a love letter to fans it was a love letter to bendis queseda and everyone involved with tanking Pete for the last 15 years

I, too, desire not for character-driven interactions, but instead for total conformation with American statistics.

Id just settle for an acknowledgement of a major event in the history of spider-man and not just taking the character and giving her to another spider-man because he has nothing of his own

Is there any real people who actually liked Spiderverse? I mean, I haven't seen a single person who liked this. Anyone agrees that plot is generic, animation is terrible and Miles is shit character. Anyone on Yea Forums genuinely liked the movie despite it being shit?

And those character-driven interactions will feel forced if they don't have an organic basis, which is what the original argument was about.

But it's now about whether going against the grain of probability according to US statistics inherently makes romance forced, which it doesn't so long as it arises from organic character interactions.

Because the idea of this ship makes no sense, and what you just said only made the idea worse because when you think about it the death of Peter Parker was the only thing that ties these two. There is just nothing else that has made it better from it. He's honesly being treated as another Peter Parker

While the movie made it better it still didn't fix the problem that the comic version help started

Yes, this Gwen is an alternate version, but is it really a good idea to have an alternate version of one of Peter's girlfriends be hooking up with someone who is younger and a little brother o Peter? That's like forcing an older woman to hook up wit a little boy. When you think about it wouldn't that make Gwen a pedophile? Or that she's dating someone who acts like more of a sibling?

The main problem is that Miles needs to be his own character with his own cast of characters rather than rely on characters with ties to Peter Parker and Spider-Man. Because it makes him feel like another Peter Parker. Miles i no Peter Parker. He shouldn't be, and the idea of a relationship with someone with ties to the person you look up to only ads question and skepticism to it. It just felt like Miles is a substitute for Gwen since it's always Peter and MJ like all the time and not Peter and Gwen. That's were the problem is. And yes Gwen may be from a different dimension, but that still doesn' make the idea better and it' just being treated as an excuse to make this ship happen

If Miles should have a love interest then make one who is a Mary Jane-type for Miles with no connection and someone Miles can easily bond with on a pesonal level rather than a character with a connection. Just have Miles and Gwen end as just friends and teammates, while Miles ind someone who can actually elevate him. Give him someone new and original. Hell, the girl in Saladin Ahmed's run of Miles basically is a Mary Jane-type for Miles and she's mre likable for Miles

It’s been shilled since the beginning and as someone who hates miles for everything he stands for it’s not bad. It isn’t a love letter to the franchise and is a bit of a mess (but considering it has 3 directors and 5 writers it’s a miracle it was comprehensible) I wouldn’t have nearly as big a problem with it if it didn’t use Gwen, shoving her in as the love interest just shows how little Miles has going for him

>Earth 65 Parker ever dating Spider-Gwen
You realize Gwen not noticing Parker's affection is one of the major reasons he turned into the Lizard right? She never had any romantic attraction to him. And yet another reminder that 65-Gwen and 616-Gwen are not the same.

Attached: 1548566762005.jpg (675x627, 79K)

I appreciate your absolute autism regarding Miles, user. It's retarded, but your dogged determination gives me hope for humanity.

>is it really a good idea to have an alternate version of one of Peter's girlfriends be hooking up with someone who is younger and a little brother o Peter?
Yes.

I think he’s talking about the original pairing that was done with the characters 50 years ago not the school shooter peter and stronk spider woman gwen

Also I can't believe you're arguing AGAINST romances between characters with connections, holy shit user

That's what the replies to my posts fixated on, but it's true, not conforming to reality will always feel more forced than the opposite.

Going against the grain of probability isn't not conforming to reality you absolute shut-in.

Have you unironically been off Yea Forums for 5 minutes? I know tons of people personally who loved it. The film itself is actually good. It’s not being shilled months after it’s film run ended for, what you think at least, is a “sjw controversy”

You realize that adding another layer of convenient convolution ("and it just so happens that this version of Gwen never liked Peter so it's okay to pair her with Miles") only makes the forced/crack ship status worse, literally fanfic tier writing.

It's part of her character you paragon of spergery

Okay, going against the grain of probability will always feel more forced than the opposite.

>I know tons of people personally who loved it
Imagine surrounding yourself with capeshitters with no taste and virtue signaling.

>alternate universe characters must be a 1:1 copy of the original

Attached: (You) don't belong here.png (461x447, 232K)

Attached: e2e.jpg (680x671, 79K)

it's almost like I'm talking to a real person

Can't say I agree with you

No one said that

If 'realism' is that important to you why are you reading and watching fantasy comics and movies?

Attached: 7598624562456.png (788x1004, 850K)

I fucking hate capeshit and enjoyed this film
Again we have this talk every single time, there’s a single reason you hate this film you probably never saw and it’s that he’s black and “ruining muh culture”. the sooner you admit you hate it because you “hate niggers” the better

It's stupid and makes no sense

A connection to a Peter Parker that died. That is not a real good connection. How is that even a good connection? This is a connection out of guilt for a death they are responsible for. This just makes it sad. They need to be original. Miles needs his own cast.

And is no one gonna mention the fact that the Gwen in the movie is pretty much responsible for Miles's Peter's death, and Miles had to watch his death happen. That girl is guilty

>This is a connection out of guilt for a death they are responsible for
Which is pretty cool tbqhwy
>sad
oh no
not sadness
not in my perfectly happy escapism

How could she be responsible for 1610 Pete's death when it's what caused her to arrive in his world in the first place?

Attached: 3c292e00-038e-4cac-9e38-0321e3e45054.jpg (1550x1923, 373K)

>i hate capeshit
>enjoyed epitome of capeshit
Yeah, right.
Blade is one of my favorite capemovie, so you can fuck off. The movie is shit because it has terrible animation, ugly designs, boring plot, shitty characters and disgusting soundtrack. Miles being shitty character is small part of this movie being utter trash for degenerates. Every other character is shit too, so it doesn't matter anyway

It's not important to me, I'm talking about the objective qualities of writing in which a monoracial cis straight relationship is what most people will find organic and natural and something they can identify with more than a polyamorous cross-copyright-universe relationship between Wolverine, Mogo, and Krypto the Superdog, and the shades of believability between them and the elements which move any given pairing to either end, probability of IRL pairings being one of them.

Movie Gwen. She arrived a week earlier. She never went to Peter or asked for his help. Spends an entire week when she could have died within that. She never helped Peter stop Kingpin with the collider. She allowed anoter Peter to die, while Miles watches his death, when she could have prevented it

Hell, she was the movie's only plothole. It made no sense that she would appear a week earlier, or attend a school were the teachers could easily recognize, or that she could have died within that week she's spent. And never she asked for help. She just wasted an entire week that resulted in nothing

Gwen is guilty that she allowed another Peter Parker to die. How is that justified?

>He thinks everyone is shit
>He thinks the animation is shit
>He’s using the soundtrack to thinly hint the true reason he hates the film, which is none of what you stated

I wonder who's behind this post...

>2019
>The concept of star crossed lovers from two different worlds is outdated and something general audiences can no longer resonate with

Really my nigga?

Attached: 1545765516759.png (1280x898, 1.42M)

Wrong
Identifying with things has nothing to do with organicness, believability, or good writing
You are a hack, and you have -- I assume -- watched hack podcasts or read hack blogs about the matter.

>he literally and unironically trying to make it "you hate black people"
God, no wonder pol infiltraded all boards because of faggots like you. I'm not from US, I couldn't care less about you being betacucks and liking movies just because of black leads.
I'm just being honest because I can.

So we're ignoring the fact that she's a loner? And also assuming she would somehow have meta knowledge that Spider-man = Peter Parker? It's pretty obvious that her week was spent researching seeing as the first time we see her clearly she's watching a documentary on Achemax. Seems obvious she was honing in on building her own goober and utilizing the collider to get back home.

Attached: 72780952_p0.jpg (750x750, 225K)

>I'm talking about the objective qualities of writing in which a monoracial cis straight relationship is what most people will find organic and natural
Here's your problem; we've already read that story a trillion times and it will be printed a trillion times more. As you were probably the user talking about the low percentage of IR relationships, this pairing too exists in a lower percentage among the trillions of others regarding stories involving couples of the same race. Maybe your problem is that you don't understand IRL IR relationships to the point that you think they're, in fiction writing, always forced. Maybe you need to be educated about or experience how these relationships occur because they're just as organic as the rest.

Let me break it down so there's no confusion
>a peasant falling in love with a princess is an unrealistic love story but one that audiences can still resonate with
>it gets a bit weirder and harder to believe if he's an eskimo and she's an babylonian princess
>gets harder to believe still if they have to time travel in order to meet each other
>gets into really forced territory if the eskimo is the writer's Mary Sue self insert and the princess is a previous reincarnation of Scarlett Johansson except one that took a vow of purity and was never in a relationship before
See how unbelievable inorganic elements that keep being piled up on one another make something feel forced?

I've always had a preference for Gwen over MJ, and I really like Miles. I couldn't be happier.

Attached: gwen and miles.jpg (225x225, 15K)

Its worse when we get unqualified writers to continue something people loved all because the creator(s) has no interest milking something.

The situation is fantastical but that still doesn't betray the core of it's story, which is two people infatuated with each other being separated this time literally worlds apart. The rules establish in the logic of the movie are never compromised to allow the romance to happen. Bullet point 4 would be fine if the logic presented in the story allowed it to come to that conclusion.

Attached: f3396f09-e96b-4312-ae3f-3ab4f09503b3.png (2052x1118, 1.4M)

Honestly, all they have to do is meet. Whatever chemistry they might have doesn't even need to be revealed to the audience before their interaction. It's like you've never read a love story or experienced being in a relationship before.

You have to ask yourself, was it worth it?

Attached: d4uoxxe.png (900x769, 662K)

I don't like Peter because of how much he gets jacked off because he is Marvel's golden boy and it looks like the same thing is going to happen to Miles, both are just too blase to me.

Given your argument, any relationships that form outside of a character's universe are inherently nonsensical and inorganic while also considering that characters are traveling cross-dimensionally. That includes multiverse friendships being unnatural. You're really not getting this. I can only assume the reason why you're not getting it is because of you're own myopic, limited experiences, not to mention, basic understanding as to how connections form.

You keep focusing on isolated elements when in my first post I said it's the combination of all the absurdity together is what makes it a crack ship

The idea is that if these people can become multiverse friends and allies, then why can't they be multiverse lovers? You don't have an answer for that unless your true criticism is of the multiverse in general.

I'm not saying that they can't, I'm saying that doing these pairings makes about as much sense and has as much artistic merit as pairing Ultimate Peter with Ultimate Jessica Drew. Multiverse lovers is one thing, but the amount of convoluted writing they had to do in order for this specific ship to barely work in universe is record breaking, and it still raises questions.

With the multiverse involved, how could any of this seem more convoluted than normal? I'm not seeing it.

What's convoluted about this ship? It's pretty straight forward.

Attached: D2RCbpYUYAAcqg8.jpg large.jpg (675x748, 174K)

see
and

Spider-Gwen has never died. That's the same 616 Gwen is 65 Gwen argument. the failure to recognize them as two different people is touched upon with kingpin in the movie. Peter literally tells him his family is gone, which it is.

Attached: 6d208201935a11c769b46b0d38adf11c.jpg (1378x2039, 2.13M)

>It made no sense that she would appear a week earlier
The collider already fucks with time, Noir and Peni are from the Past and Future.

Convoluted

Original creative team or bust

Not him but it sounds like you just dislike the idea of alternate universe versions of characters if them being pretty much different people bothers you.

I didn't say it bothers me, I said it's convoluted

What's convoluted about alternate reality versions of a character being different from each other?

see
and

So 65 Gwen should be like 616 Gwen where she fucked Norman Osborn, Had twins, got thrown off a bridge and then got resurrected, and then got spider powers? This is your idea of streamlining?

>watch literally any modern product
>black male fucking white female
>never the opposite, or anything else

I want an actual explanation.

Attached: yikes.png (256x256, 20K)

Spider-Gwen is not 616 Peter's Gwen though, it sounds like you don't understand the concept of alternate realities. Is Spider-Man Noir convoluted as well?

That was shitty fanfic tier writing too, ideally Gwen should stay dead

If you shipped him with Hitler it would be a convoluted crack ship

What's convoluted about two characters meeting and ending up liking each other?

see
and
and

So you're ok with there being multiple Peters but not multiple Gwens? Or if there are multiple Gwens they should always be dead?

This isn't the same as the Trunks and Pocahontas pic though, both Miles and Gwen are Marvel characters. It's as simple as "two people from different realities like each other". Everything else you mentioned is irrelevant to that.

I'm not a fan of the multiverse but at least it's not as bad as gravedigging and marring a character whose death marked an important turn in comic book history and Peter's life

And both Marge and Darth Maul are Disney characters

Disney is far more broad then Marvel though, Marvel is its own Multiverse, your example is not equivalent.

She never died user.

The amount of writing to bring Marge and Maul together would be about equivalent to what happened with Miles and Gwen

All this multiverse talk is pointless crap. What makes the relationship relatively weird is that Gwen's existence is defined by being Peter's old lover so for some people it's hard to see her with someone else, especially a annoying OC donut steel like Miles, that's it

Attached: 1f8fed4c2d3b096938118c3b46fed2ad.gif (420x236, 858K)

That's not true though, as the mutliverse has existed long before Miles and Spider-Gwen, so there is already pretense for them meeting.

You don't get it, this will be an alternate universe Marge

Not at all. You would have to break The universal Logic of Star Wars which has no concept of a Multiverse and the universal logic of the Simpsons where Stars Wars is a series of movies created by George Lucas and not real within their context, in order to make that happen. The concept of a multiverse has already been establish in Marvel Comics and the film as well characters having the means to move between those different universes. Gwen and Miles meeting breaks none of those established rules.

It would be an alternate universe Star Wars universe and an alternate universe Simpson universe where it makes sense

There's no concept of alternate universes in either of those series. It's impossible.

Well I was thinking there'd be a huge crisis type of event where everything from the past and the future of Star Wars and the EU comes together and is deleted, with the only survivor being Maul transported and made canon in the Simpsons universe which is in the future, I think that's a really organic and non-convoluted way to bring him closer to Marge

You're tossing logic out the window in an attempt to prove your non-argument. You have to break rules set in place for both marge and maul in order for your crack ship to happen. Miles and Gwen can be shipped without breaking any Rules, or Logic, both in-universe or of the meta variety. That's why it's not crack.

What's illogical about it

isn't Raven currently in a bmwf relationship too?

It's an alternate universe in which alternate universes exist for both SW and Simpsons, how is that illogical

Sounds to me like you just hate Zabraks

Like I said, logic is thrown out for the sake of your non-argument. There's only one Maul, there's only one Marge. There are multiple Gwens, There are multiple Miles.

She had to have, because it’s the most logical explanation of why he would divorce his wife out of fear of her getting hurt

Noir and Peni are from alternate universes entirely that are set in different time periods, not the past and future of Miles' universe

That's still fucking with time though, instead of opening a random portal in 2018 of that universe, it had to go to the past and future to grab Noir and Peni. It's not like those universes are permanently the '30s or the 3100s

A lot of people don’t seem to realize that gwen and Pete not acknowledging each other is kinda like a Pete and uncle Ben not acknowledging each other sure you can write all the bullshit you want to justify it but it’s still weird

This

Attached: Why.jpg (1988x1134, 285K)

Spider-Gwen never died. There was no grave to dig up to pull her from.

Also Pete's dilemma seemed more a fear of child commitment than safety. It's Vague.

Peter bs gwen numbnuts you know like how gwen has a dead peter? Why wouldn’t peter b have a dead gwen since he’s supposed to be the original spider man

Now this is a legitimate criticism. But it seems the movie tries give an explanation for this through Gwen's resolving to isolate herself. The scene where she tries to convince Peter to ignore MJ while they infiltrated Fisk's building alluded to this. Gwen completely shut herself off; not even trying to connect with either Peter; Mile's Peter or the Peter from the other universe.

Gwen's resolving to isolate herself also gives explanation for this as in taking the long road to get home without trying to involve herself in the alt-universe spider-man's affairs. She only decides to get involved after seeing two other spider people like herself seeming working towards the same goal.

Then why's that user talking about grave digging when using spider-Gwen when 616 Gwen is still dead?

She only got involved after the two other spider people did what she took a week to do. Say what ever you want about gwen being good in this the very fact that she’s gwen just won’t click with actual spider man fans but that’s the point of Miles in general to cause in fighting in the fan base and give his “fans” a smug sense of satisfaction about essentially thinking bendis Ed fetish is woke

It’s literally talking about using a dead character as an AU “oc”. I know you’re trying to dig your heels in on this but a character who stays dead is actually unique in comics and just bringing her back and not only saying she’ll only be considered important is she has her own spider powers but to then immediatly shiny her off as a love interest to a copy is pretty slimy

MMMMMMMMMMMM MULTIVERSE!!

Are Spider-Gwen's comics any good? I didn't want to read them because the artist is such a piece of shit but what's the verdict?

Gwen's been alive in multiple multiverse stories, plenty of which she's fucking peter. But I guess those don't count because they're "right" eh?

No it’s obnsessed with it’s universe to the detriment to its own main character. Just read the old spider girl comics if you want a good female spider person

It’s still using the name to bait nostalgia so this whole multiverse bull to block legit criticism just shows how weak the argument against it is

Ultimate sucked all around we’ll see what they do with life story and marvel adventures actively went out of its way to avoid a romantic relationship. Is it weird that I just want Miles to have his own cast?

Not him but Miles does have his own cast, it's just a common case of heroes wanting to bang other heroes.

>
>Is it weird that I just want Miles to have his own cast?
Not really but it's not required that his entire cast be original to have an interesting story.

Honestly chat is the best example of why Miles is awful after 40 odd years of continuity the writer took a chance and developed his own love interest for his peter Parker. After ten years of Miles the best we can do is dig up peters dead girlfriend. How does anyone who says they like comics find that acceptable?

Miles has an original love interest in his book though.