Soul

Soul

Soulless

Attached: soul vs souless.gif (256x368, 1.94M)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/a/thread/158182328/#q158191071
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>240p
>1080p

Actually correct for once, Op.
Who'd have guessed you had it in you.

The extra animation frames are not even that big a deal (and not very Simpsons-fitting anyway) but just actually drawing the head again in any of the three characters' "nodding" animation instead of just copying and rotating slightly the head from the first key would make it less wooden. It's amazing they don't realize that keeping things on model to this extent actually makes everything look cheaper

It actually looks worse the higher the resolution. Scrunched down to SD the awful line quality doesn't show as much

Attached: Simpsons_S29_Screenshot_0018.jpg (1920x1080, 237K)

>scrunched down the awful line quality
Yea, except it's blown up not scrunched, so the 240p one ends up looking like a hot mess, especially now.

>blown up
I'll bite. What do you mean?

240p image, on a 60 inch tv, looks like shit.

Sure, but where are you getting the source is 240p? Even if they used the original broadcast masters they would be higher than that (I guess around 480p non interlaced?).

The "HD" reruns or the Simpsons look like crap mostly because they crop it to fill the entire wide screen format, which scales up the line weight too much. Beyond that, the quality does look better than a simple filtered upscale, but I doubt they made legit new HD masters

Attached: TuDvRPE.jpg (2020x1008, 282K)

You might not like to hear it, but bottom is closer to Golden Age Simpsons than top

Look at their shitty hand animation holy shit

Attached: lmao extreme laugh.jpg (727x727, 46K)

>The Simps
kek

I've always liked the recoil on Marge's blink in the second one.

>10 times the forced animation is better beause its old

(you)

>forced animation
Look mom, I'm using my Dunning Kruger effect

Sneed

This thread will be filled with "le-overanimated-argument" to defend zombie simpsons

WHOPS! THERE IS

Attached: 1542423616782.png (650x1100, 64K)

>forced animation
I remember your autistic ass from Violet Evergarden threads on Yea Forums.
Kill yourself already.

Older animations are way more charming

>brief look of worry, then relief
vs
>the wiggum stare

Okey, we know the producers actually have told the animators to animate like shit, but WHY
I can't find a good reason for this

Matt Groening is known to be highly obsessive over keeping everything on model, and prefers stiff animation to fluid animation if it means the characters are always 100% on model.

>forced animation
Wut

it's like the polar opossite of calarts off-model problem, but it's bad

In addition to this, executives have the same usual mentality that cartoons are just kiddie stuff, thus an animated sticom aimed at adults should have the least animation possible otherwise adults watching it might realise they're watching a cartoon and turn it off. Yes, some executives genuinely think this.

Sneed

Sneedless

So you'd rather cheap Flash-animated shit than animation that actually had effort in it?

Fuck off and kill yourself with a serrated knife.

What episode is this from?

Money.gif

I diagnose you with Dead!

even flash animated shit has more effort than The Simpsons' animation now. Simpsons' animation doesn't even look like it was done by humans anymore.

i'd rather have Simpsons cropped to 14:9 and not DVNRed.

Attached: crushedcalamari.png (766x431, 699K)

You mean Maggie and Gerald’s fist shakes?

It bugs me how she starts smiling before she even sees Maggie pop out of the bag.

Also, I'm convinced the intro has worse animation than the actual show.

So they can pay the voice actors. Dan Castellaneta alone makes $300,000 per episode.

It's not money, they literally make the animators redo scenes if it's not stiff enough.

But them why? Money is the only reason I could think of, and i think is just retarded.

It's retarded but not untrue. Producers have to much power while at the same time, being stupid as fuck

Is just their taste.
Groening just wants everything to be polished to a completely sterile flawless on-model look.
He's never liked things getting too overly animated and flowy and off-model.

I think it's because of the sakuga effect, which is described here better than I can.
boards.fireden.net/a/thread/158182328/#q158191071
The original "soulful" animation also does have that weird bit near the end with Marge's expression, which is what took me out of immersion when I first saw the original Simpsons intro.

I was referring to the into, not in general.

Based OP.

Bottom looks bland and sterile.

>it's better because it's bigger

t. zoomer brainlet

Groening had nothing to do with it, Fox imposed this to cut costs.

>real HD remaster of classics simpsons aside from that esotheric season, NEEEEEEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Actually broadcast TV was in 480i

The simpsons old seasons will never have a proper HD restoration due to the simple fact that the show was mastered on video tape regardless of the animation being ink and cell printed on film, the final episodes were constructed on video broadcast, effects included like fade in/outs, dissolves, credits, weird video effects.

Its not impossible to do tough, but it requieres them having preserve ALL of the original animation shot on film, and literally recreating the episodes painstakingly, and of course teh big one.

Them to care.

And they dont.

Attached: ss (2019-03-26 at 01.32.16).jpg (847x477, 189K)