This is the single greatest super hero ever created

This is the single greatest super hero ever created.
You can not convince me otherwise.

Attached: Spider-Man.jpg (1280x720, 387K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/superhero-earns-13-billion-a-748281
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Everyone knows Batman is better
Even you do deep down inside. If you really thought Spider-Man was better you wouldn’t have felt the need to make a thread saying so

I'm usually neutral between the BIG 2 but there's no way Batman is Better than Spider-Man. I wouldn't say that OP is right is right but I also wouldn't say he's wrong.

Correct

Yup.

As a DCfag: Batman is overrated. Yes, he sells the most, seeing as him and his cast single-handedly keep DC from bankrupting while Marvel has more variety.
But Spidey is fun and pure, and not insane, so he easily wins.

Attached: seasonsgreetings.jpg (1024x1602, 1.56M)

used to be pretty cool before sjw took hold of him
now spider-man is a loser that is slowly being replaced by black and female copy cats

superman is better

I agree, love me spidey and Peter

He was always a loser you newfag

No, he's not.

Easy

Attached: scan0030.jpg (400x388, 77K)

He's certainly the most relatable among the A-listers. If that's your criterion, then sure

Batman is too self-righteous, and barely sane. You can sympathize with his motives, but beyond that it's difficult to care about him. Like Superman, he's a better "setting" for more interesting characters than a good character himself

Attached: one-for-jayjay.gif (347x165, 33K)

Conversely he's the one who's been bastardised the most.

Batman, why? Easy
Spiderman became a brand, that's why his comics are crap for more than a decade, memeverse was a horrible event and keep him as a teenager forced so many decades is toxic, plus they try to make it look like a useless to give more credit to Miles in each comic together
DC continues to respect the status of batman and treats it with the magnitude it deserves, although they do things like Metal, they keep it in a high place in their universe, always forceful, Marvel turned Peter into a useless awkward person who will always need Miles or Gwen, Otto is better Spiderman than Peter now, it's ridiculous

i almost agree with you OP
these 2 are my comics youth

Attached: b2c7a49b60387f1cb485893db328916a.gif (300x401, 71K)

if Marvel treated Spidey the same as DC treated Batman he would have already beat Thanos on his own and started his own Avengers several times over

>perramus.jpg

How did his web lines get tangled up around him like that?

>I'm you but better

Attached: ultimate-spider-man-miles-morales_marvel_feature.jpg (990x600, 90K)

Incompetence.

No

I won't, you stand correct.

OP, you’re a faggot, but It’s ok to be gay for Spider-Man. He is the greatest.

Based and absolutely true.
Name 3 other heroes who aren't just street level and can handle world legel threats but will also throw themselves in shit qater to help a kid.

Attached: Web of Spider-Man #062EV7VZ8BX.jpg (945x626, 223K)

>sjw
Give it a rest.

Doesn't really have any great runs, so no. Daredevil is better.

Batman is better.

He's the greatest superhero ever created, but he's also arguably the biggest name with basically no standout comic runs in his history. As much as I love the 90's comics by McFarlane, Bagley, etc I can still recognise they're not very good and the closest Spider-Man gets to something like a Dark Knight Returns, Born Again, or All-Star Superman is probably Kraven's Last Hunt which is not really on that level - even Iron Man has had higher points such as Demon in a Bottle or the Busiek run. Being in Dan Slott's oily talentless hands for the better part of ten years hasn't helped either.

I think the various other incarnations of Spider-Man over the years - the Neversoft games version, 1990's cartoon series, Raimi movie version, etc - have all done more to cement his place as a cultural icon by distilling years of comic storytelling into more digestible and refined forms. The recent PS4 game especially did more with the character than any recent run of comics or films has managed.

Baito desu.

>reddit's top 10 comic runs has no spider in it! that means he haa no good runs!

Read comics for fucks sake

I've read literally every Spider-Man comic ever published.

In your honorable opinion.

Correct

Then you should know he has tons of consistently entertaining runs.
t. Read 90% of all Spider-Man comics ever published

I agree. He is the most relatable, had the best supporting cast, iconic love interests, excellent villains and his powers are perfectly balanced so that is is super but not overpowered. I also love how we saw him grow up over many years. Starting in high school then university then getting a job and marriage. Sadly I've not really been a fan of the direction he has been taken over the past decade or so. Slott's run was awful and every time they introduce a new character with spider powers it makes Peter less special. They should have just stuck with him being the one and only Spider-Man.

Well at the end of the day he's the one and only, as every other version falls in obscurity or is demoted to supporting roles no matter how hard they're pushed.

It would be interesting to see this through the perspective of a character inside the universe. "Why are there so many spider people? What's so special about him?"

I'd enjoy a movie about Spot
Not being an immensely evil person, but more of a prat with power (doing dumb shit like using portals to rub someone's face in their own butt, making them fall eternally, or just dumping them into a community pool) who eventually tries to kill a crook who wants him (and Spidey has to stop him from being an executioner).
When he gets ready to take down the crook, he has a little montage of... asking comic-book nerds on the internet for portal-power shenanigans and is seen doing some prep work (sending a spot potral to the bottom of the ocean, into a volcano, up into space, having a big heavy thing eternally falling) and has a final battle with spidey where we see that, despite his dumb name, Spot's terrifying.

>This is the single greatest super hero ever created.
I agree. Marvel sure as shit has been trying to ruin that since OMD though.

Attached: Spidey Asks The Editors A Question.jpg (1280x1538, 823K)

Yeah it just seems a bit too much. I didn't mind Venom copying his powers because he was different enough to stand out. However then we get the Clone Saga and all those characters. Then in JMS run you get Ezekiel and all the Spider Totem stuff. Then in modern times there is Miles Morales and Spiderverse. I personally don't really see the need to keep repeating the "new character with spider powers" thing.

>Not a single good solo run in over a decade

Cheap reader insert

>if Marvel treated Spidey the same as DC treated Batman he would have already beat Thanos on his own and started his own Avengers several times over

And everybody knows that they already treat Wolverine that way.

>Name 3 other heroes who aren't just street level and can handle world legel threats but will also throw themselves in shit qater to help a kid.

Superman
Shazam
Earth-2 Superman

okay I admit it, that’s basically just Superman

He would need to be badly written for as long as he was well written... so like... not to much longer I guess

this
And more of a Marvelfag but Batman premise is way more interesting and unique, Spider-Man is pretty much another The Flash.

Peter Parker is extremely overrated, Hulk, X-men and Iron Man are all way more interesting.

>Hulk
lmao no

He really does shine in adaptations, more than any other super hero. Spectacular is arguably the best version of Spider-Man in general.

>every time they introduce a new character with spider powers it makes Peter less special. They should have just stuck with him being the one and only Spider-Man.
Agreed.
Spider-Man is so cool. Other super heroes fly around (or at least appear to) or use vehicles, but Spidey is out there just swinging around the city. It's so unique and iconic, but they keep adding spider-people that just water down the image. They should have stuck to Peter and a Venom at MOST.

>but they keep adding spider-people that just water down the image. They should have stuck to Peter and a Venom at MOST.

spider-girl was alright. wish they pushed her instead of bland miles morales or whatever gwen is calling herself this week

This desu

Replace Earth-2 Superman with Flash

wolverine has been dead for longer than batman

Based

>world legal threats

Attached: AAC838FC-89E0-4AB6-B018-ABE86328A4A1.jpg (546x539, 98K)

Based and Keatonpilled

>slowly being replaced by black and female copy cats
This. Even in movies and games where he's supposedly the star, he's photo bombed by a plethora of diverse brave and powerful spider clones, or simply just other heroes in general. Spider-Man isn't trusted to hold a product on his own anymore. He's literally the Sonic the Hedgehog of superheroes.

>as every other version falls in obscurity or is demoted to supporting roles no matter how hard they're pushed.
Can you really say that for Miles or Spidergwen? Marvel and Sony seem 100% invested in keeping them alive and relevant, despite how two dimensional they are as characters.

not saying much

Only because of the whole feud with Fox, though.

Entertaining does not equal word class, you fucking pebble.

wrong image op

Attached: batman-70.jpg (825x464, 60K)

Mayday is the only acceptable alt Spider person prove me wrong

Thank Todd McFarlane for that shitty meme. No idea why that stuck.

Yeah she is actually the only one that I like. I haven't read 2099 though.

The Ditko/Lee run was just as influential and significant as any of the stories you mentioned. It's only arguable drawback is that it's comparatively more dated than something like Claremont's ANAD or Miller's Daredevil, so it's not as appealing to the modern readers. But on the other hand, Bendis' USM (pre-Miles), is and you'll hardly find a superhero book more emblematic of the 00's than it.

Spider-Man stayed consistently good, with several outstanding runs, from the 60s until the 90s, with most of the big missteps occurring in short-lived runs everyone agrees are mediocre (Denny O' Neil). Even the 90s had some good stuff if you knew where to look, and hell, even the bad comics from that era are probably most people here's (especially Venomfags) entry point.

Yeah, it amazes me everyone cites Batman as the hero with the best track record, but few of those people seem to care about any comics published until Neal Adams (if you're lucky, most of them go straight to post-Crisis). To each his own, I can understand not liking Golden and Silver Age comics, but it's pretty weird to cite a character for having a flawless track record when you're discounting more than half of his existence.

Lee/Ditko
Lee/Romita
Roy Thomas/Gil Kane
Gerry Conway
Ross Andru
Roger Stern/Romita Jr
Bill Mantlo
J.M. DeMatteis
Kurt Busiek
Paul Jenkins

That's just off the top of my head.

How many Batman/Superman runs can you praise pre-Bronze Age that you would recommend to modern audiences unironically?

>single greatest super hero ever created

Greatest in which way?

>Comic runs/Movies/TV and any other media?
Batman has more and better stories, most of them being cult classics. TDK is still considered by most people the epitome of superhero movies. The Arkham games are still praised by most people, unlike the PS4 Spider-Man game which is already forgotten.

>Powers?
I can give that to Spider-Man.

>Amount of people saved?
It could be a tie

>How relatable is the character?
Spidey is only relatable when you´re underage. Batman is more relatable to adults.

>People's perception?
Most people will always choose Batman as the best.

As much as I hate Batman, he's the only one that can be considered the best superhero ever, Spidey having a well-earned 2nd place.

Batman has a setting that's more interesting than his character. I'd rather see James Gordon, the honest cop struggling in a dishonest world, trying to take down supervillains by the book than Bruce himself.

And which one of those are on the same level as TDKR, TKJ, Longest Halloween, Arkham Asylum and a few others? Do Spider-Man have something considered to be a cult classic?

>Spidey is only relatable when you´re underage. Batman is more relatable to adults.
>a character whose entire schtick is struggling to balance his personal and professional life in midst of grounded romantic, financial and psychological challenges is less relatable to adults than a borderline mentally unstable billionaire brooding gothic vigilante

Attached: 1542237320601.png (500x500, 351K)

Spider-man doesn't have a legends of the dark knight.
The problem with characterfags like you is that you guys are always retarded, characters are good depending on how much good content they have. That's it. Nothing else matters, that's how batman is a better character: GOOD WRITERS wanting to write stories about that character.

>Spider-Man stayed consistently good, with several outstanding runs

To be fair, Spider-Man is one of the easiest characters to write. Batman has the detective shit, and his foes are psychos. That´s harder to write for most people, unless they know about a lot about psychology and investigation shit.

With Spider-Man the writer only needs to give him the same juvenile problems: love interest/no money/low grades, and you call it a day.

Spider-man has plenty of stories that can be considered cult classics
Blue,The Kid who collected Spider-man and Birthday to name a few
DC is just better at marketting the past

Attached: Spider-Man_Blue_Vol_1_6.jpg (704x1072, 281K)

Spider-Man arguably has the most potential for truly phenomenonal storylines, but Marvel never fucking does anything with that potential and vetos anything that would permanently change the oh-so-precious status quo. If we're lucky we get an alternate universe story that explores new possibilities for Spidey and gets cancelled after five and a half issues.

He's got the single most perfect superhero costume ever created.

This wasn't always the case. The first few decades had Peter constantly growing and moving up in the world and even killed off his main love interest. Really it all went wrong with One More Day. Up until that point Spider-Man had kept moving forwards but ever since he has just been stuck in status quo.

Batman and Gotham are part and parcel

It's all because of Quesada. He set this shit in motion.

He hasn't had a good writer since the 90's. Anyone who says JMS in response is an idiot who barely read that shite series of his

Not really, though. Marvel was trying to bring Peter back to the "basics" for decades at that point. The character was progressing and maturing in spite of the editorial, because growth is hardcoded into the very premise of Spider-Man, as much as Brevoort and his ilk want to proclaim that he's about youth and such nonsense. The Slott era is pretty much the only prolonged period of time where they got their way and look where that got them anyway - all the gimmicks eventually burned themselves out and Spencer is basically doing nothing but picking up where JMS left off twelve years ago.

>no standout comic runs
>Dark Knight Returns, Born Again, or All-Star Superman
You retard, you absolute mongoloid.

>Spider-Man stayed consistently good
Since One More Day his comics have been consistently awful.

Tell me the must read Spiderman stories.

Batman lol

>Batman: Deal with business, raising his son, his depression.
>Spider-Man: literally fucking up job after job without even planning any kind of business or college, he's on his 30 now but still act like a 19 year old, his life changed literally nothing since OMD, all he did was fuck a couple dozen hot girls without any kind of serious relationship so far

Is disturbing how fucking Batman story and character progressed more than Spider-Man, the character created to "grow" is one of the most stagnated ones.

Marvel should just turn him into Spider-Verse Peter, at least his personality and looks would fit his history.

Attached: spider hobo.jpg (1280x546, 90K)

He used to be great

Attached: world's biggest loser.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

I felt like the movie version was a parody of what happened to Peter character after OMD.

Reread what he said then look up when OMD came out

Attached: 1410020598044.jpg (500x280, 143K)

>Spider-Man stayed consistently good, with several outstanding runs, from the 60s until the 90s

>Since One More Day his comics have been consistently awful

2006 is apparently a 90's comic now.

First Evil Ernie, Avengers #200 and Identity Crisis are Silver Age, now OMD is 90s.

teh moar yew no...

Attached: eveniknowthatsretarded.png (340x351, 255K)

Batman is just a plagiarized Shadow, right down to the double guns he was packing. Best hero my ass

>about to wrap himself up in his own webbing
Imagine if Peter misfired a web that badly and accidentally hanged himself in Time Square.

>Even in movies and games where he's supposedly the star,
?????

Does any other hero get as many butt-frustrated self-inserters as Spider-Man?

Movies: Homeshitting
Games: Snoy's Spider-Man

Spidey is fun, but you cannot think super-hero without picturing a cape or the colors of superman. He is too iconic.

I do think JMS was a good writer but I don't think he understood Spider-Man. Pretty much ignoring all the classic villains and instead mixing in all that weird mystical spider totem stuff was just weird. I liked his Peter Parker though and the way his relationships with MJ and Aunt May developed.

Word.

Spider-man at least tried to kill his arch-nemesis, who got resurrected by outside forces.
Batman keeps making excuses and resurrected his arch-nemesis himself cause he's a gay fuckboy.

I agree, although the 'Skin Deep' arc was pretty dumb.

I did like the Loki arc though. Genuinely pissed how they followed up on it recently.

Attached: 818416CB-79F9-4AFD-8331-FE896AB3F659.jpg (1043x861, 193K)

Nah, it's pretty accurate except for the gut.

Superman's relevance has been fading significantly in the wake of the MCU.
Audiences were luke warm about the BvS trailer, but everyone flipped their shit when Spider-Man showed up in the Civil War trailer.

this, kane will always be a hack. it took finger, other writers, and then FORTY YEARS until miller/mazzu to make the batman who everybody cares about today

spidey was lightning in a bottle fright from the beginning

t. deeceekek

I'm pretty sure Spider-Man merch sells better than any other super hero including Batman. Not sure how much that factors into him being a good hero but it's certainly interesting.

You're the one who can't read, Ricky Retardo.

People keep saying this, and it's not that I don't believe it, but I've never seen any evidence. Just people saying it. Do you have evidence?

Just internet articles that you can find easily by googling which superhero merch sells best. I haven't actually gone out and measured it myself.

Seems you're right
hollywoodreporter.com/news/superhero-earns-13-billion-a-748281
I'm guessing the bright blue/red colors have a lot to do with it. If I'm shopping for my kid I'm looking for something bright and happy.

It might also just be that more Spider-Man merch gets made than any other hero. Like I've seen Spider-Man soap, Spider-Man pasta, Spider-Man umbrellas... the list goes on. He also seems to get movies, cartoons and video games more frequently than other super heroes so he is constantly in the spotlight.

Attached: IMG_2588.png (400x400, 153K)