First 3 seasons of Boondocks

was it on the same level as golden age simpsons?

Attached: boondocks.jpg (960x1440, 149K)

boondocks was just a bitter fucker making fun of his neighbors.

simpsons instead makes fun of the overall culture, like being a dumb fat american.

It was separate but equal

not even close

Simpsons wasn't a show about satire. Also, I don't know what, "making fun of his neighbors" is supposed to mean but Boondocks was making fun of black culture.

The first two seasons are, in my eyes. The 3rd trails far behind, but of course, still way better than the 4th.

Boy you guys really like to compare shows that really aren't fucking comparable at all.

Attached: g1550315829374.png (405x475, 183K)

the first 2 seasons were good, but they were not as good as golden era simpsons

nothing was to be honest

Futurama>Simpsons

The show was only ever 'okay' at best.

Why does everyone hate season 4? It didn't seem that bad from what I saw.

Sure, and I understand that. One thing Boondocks never tried to establish that the Simpons excelled at were consistant emotional scenes. I mean, Boondocks had some but the emotional hook was never as strong as moments between Simpsons or even its minor characters.

But I found the comedy really addicting in the first two seasons that stuck with me more often than the simpsons. I admit though its probably Nostalgia.

Season 1 was masterfully done. It had compelling stories with funny jokes and insightful social commentary. It was driven by narrative that had a lot to say and virtually no filler.

Season 2 was more 'ha ha' funny and less layered in general, but still good entertainment.

Season 3 was aiight.

Season 4 was okay, but pretty easily the worst season. No real subtlety left in the narrative process by this point.

>It didn't seem that bad from what I saw.
Yikes

>Became the Grand dad show
>Hughie and Riley were background characters
>Ruckas wasn't funny any more, just annoying
>Loads of side characters gone
>Jokes are way more HURDIE DURDIE

needed more nude scenes
preferably with jazmine or cindy

my nigga

More drunk scenes too

Attached: 1550511500096.png (1280x1500, 432K)

too be honest i enjoyed the boondocks more when i knew nothing about american culture and it was just random adventures. when i try to watch it now the plot and dialogue just feels like beating a dead horse. the only saving grace is the character design.

Delete this.

season 3 was bad
season 4 was much worse but season 3 was bad

First season was amazing, one of the best tv series I've ever seen, seasons 2-3 were great but never quite reached the same heights.

Spbp