Unsounded

I do believe that the poor boy is broken.

Attached: ch14_20.jpg (600x900, 186K)

Well that's legitimately unsettling.

Yeah that poor pig.
I hoped he might get away after all that.

All that wasted meat.
Can you imagine how much brisket that was?

So did just seeing Danila die like that mess Lem up or did Roger and his band do something to fuck with the kid's mind?

I'm pretty sure it's just the shock of seeing his friend murdered.

I want to kiss Sette

Just your normal ptsd. Kid lost a battle friend he'd been fighting with for years. Also, child soldiers tend to turn out...odd. They either show extreme mood swings or shut down emotionally, even more so than adults.

I want to teach Sette how to read

I think being in a war messed him up. Wouldn't be surprised in Danila isn't the first comrade he's seen dead.

Lemuel is fine, he killed the pig, now they can eat it, problem solved, everything is fine, Duane can help him haul it back, bacon for everyone.

Imagine if more commanders handled their plats well enough for them to live long enough to show how cracked they'll get

Imagine if those plats lived slightly longer and weren't put down naturally so fast

Well I was talking about Lemuel specifically but in general there's a very good reasons most cultures wait until the middle or end of puberty to let their kids fight in wars. You want them to be big enough, strong enough and emotionally and psychologically developed enough to perform in a group and weather the mental pressure.
The jews made you a man at 13 but waited until 16 to send you to war. The romans and chinks both waited until 15/16 winters and the visgoths until you could lift a two handed axe above your head one handed. All these cultures did this for the same variety of reasons and they all noted 'peculiarities' with kids that went to war too young; They were either vicious, callous or prone to unpredictable behavior.

I want to buy Sette a nice sensible pair of shoes.

She stole my heart
And my wallet

Pig: those fuckers
Sword: our shit
Lemuel: impressionable youth
Duane: Duane

Probably not, they've been fighting for 4 years.

go back to Kert, Starfish

>Sette
>shoes
torturefags are the worst.

Duane probably wouldn't look good dressed up as a crying statue of liberty but I'd still like to see it

The crown can go under a weirdly-angled bowl cut!

she'd pawn them and probably kick you in the balls or something

Lemuel isn’t looking too hot here.