What the FUCK are her powers in the movies?

What the FUCK are her powers in the movies?

In the comics she can bend reality.

Attached: SCARLET-WITCH-981339.jpg (590x885, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TkFEvUT0PvI
youtube.com/watch?v=9m3NpkeTOmk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jean Grey's powers but red instead of pink

Magic!

matter manipulation

the real question here is why is black widow on the avengers team
>hurr durr some cosmic threat with a magical glove who can manipulate reality and time travel and can kill half the universe is attacking earth
>better shoot it with a handgun

Her broken telekinesis, mind reading/fuckery, and red lasers are fine. The "random probability mutation" was always fucking retarded.
They really need to up the SUPER in super spy to make people like Widow

in the movies she's basically Jean Grey

stfu, chaos magic is cool

will she ever do proper magic

Attached: 5842908-5.jpg (3900x2998, 2.8M)

>the real question here is why is black widow on the avengers team
Because Edgar Wright couldn't be assed to get anything done on Ant-Man over the course of years. Else we would have had the classic core Avengers team.

She's a jedi without lightsaber.

In the MCU Wanda is a novice superhero that uses telekinesis and some sort of mind control. She's not an expert in hand-to-hand combat or weapon handling like Black Widow and Okoye but she's getting stronger at using her powers and will eventually discover her full potential.
>why was she up there all this time?

>vision's powers come from the mind stone
>tony's arc reactor tech uses the space stone as a basis for unlimited energy (helped by his father to discover the new element).
>quicksilver's speed comes from the space stone too
>vision's mind is given to him through the mind stone

Remember that temporary reality shit Thanos was doing? That's her end game powerset + maximum range.

Being brunette Jean Grey

Does she read minds? I thought her mindfucking Stark, Thor and Cap was basically pulling out generic best of/worst of thoughts:

>Stark's greatest fear was everyone dies because he wasn't good enough
>Cap's desire was bang Peggy at the VFW
>Thor's desire was to get wasted in Asgard surrounded by his friends but it inadvertently tapped into Ragnorok

Being the cutest in the MCU.
It's a shame they dropped her goth-like looks.
Goth girls are cute.

Watch what The Other does with the scepter at the end, its the same as what Wanda does in Age of Ultron:

youtube.com/watch?v=TkFEvUT0PvI

youtube.com/watch?v=9m3NpkeTOmk

Attached: TheOtherHS-Avengers.png (1340x1080, 1.25M)

Also, when The Other says "you dare question HIM?" The gestures behind him, but Thanos's throne is BEHIND Loki.

I don't mind her vague powers, but I hate the way they came about, random stone energy mutations are stupid. Couldn't Whedon have just said the twins were born that way without calling them mutants?

Maybe they can retconned it and say the stones energy unlocked latent x genes

>Maybe they can retconned it and say the stones energy unlocked latent x genes
This is exactly what I expect.

This.
The scepter controls the mind stone and channels power from the other stones.

Wanda used the scepter to give Pietro power from the space stone, to save his life.

Vision has no emotions or soul at the end of Endgame. The Disney Plus series will be pretty dull if he stays that way...

If Wanda attempted to "restore" Vision by pouring her power into him, thinking it was from the mind stone's essence, Chthon might Keikaku by imbuing Vision with a new soul as his chaos magic pours into Vision's mind.

Then Agatha Harkness shows up and teaches Wanda about Chaos Magic.

Shame she suddenly forgot she had this power after Age of Ultron and was basic telekinesis

When did that ever happen?

It seems obvious to me seeing as she was able to control the scepter, and Pietro has blue energy around him.

>I don't mind her vague powers, but I hate the way they came about, random stone energy mutations are stupid. Couldn't Whedon have just said the twins were born that way without calling them mutants?

Because those kinds of things don't exist in the MCU. Any Human with powers has to get them from external sources. Also, because of iffy rights.

>The scepter controls the mind stone and channels power from the other stones.

The scepter was just an apparatus to use the link between the Mind Stone and the Space Stone so that Loki had a means to go directly to it.

It didn't.

>It seems obvious to me seeing as she was able to control the scepter
Wanda never came into contact with the Scepter. Closest she ever did was, apart from getting her powers from it off-screen, was when she was with Ultron when he destroyed it to get the Mind Stone.

maybe the other is blind and thanos in his hover chair like to float around him to mess with him

She deactivated it to free Cho with the flick of her finger.

Because there are a shortage of people with genuine powers. The power gap between Widow and Cap is narrower than the gap between Cap and Thor yet I don't hear you asking "Why aren't Thor and the Hulk the only Avengers?"

>She deactivated it to free Cho with the flick of her finger.

That was her using her telepathy on someone who was being mind controlled. Which by then, mind you, the scepter had already been destroyed.

She read Ultron's intentions of genocide which was why she and Pietro suddenly switched sides

She's weird

Anyone who actually likes Wanda would prefer that the MCU and the comics keep her as far away from mutants as possible. There's nothing positive for her there.

Getting away with literal, willing murder by Hulk control and being allowed on the hero team instead of put immediately on The Raft after Ultron.

Attached: 27C0DC26-CACE-4CCB-B351-46F045742986.png (853x353, 483K)

8 years. He did like 2 or 3 other projects instead then cried when Marvel had to start actually *doing* something after missing the chance to have the general audience get Ant-Man and/or Wasp as founders.

i cant fully recall the details, but if i recall from the movies it was supposed to be everyones fears, not desires. stars fear was failure, caps fear as another user described was that he wouldnt have a purpose once the fighting was done, so the war being over was his hidden fear. thors was the ragnorok prophecy.

This user's right.
>Cap
Nothing left to fight/live for in a world he doesn't know
>Thor
Rangnarok
>Tony
Losing the fight and failing everyone if the invaders come back

stock psychic powers of telekinesis, telepathy, mind control etc
how is this a question? when did she ever use her powers for anything that was hard to make sense of?

That's pretty Avengers, really. I mean, they have THE HULK as a team member already.
In the comics, they started taking freshly reformed villains and killers onto the team almost immediately.

Hulk didn't kill anyone during his rampage. Whedon made AoU's action scenes as a 'response' to Man of Steel, and goes out of his way to make it clear no civilians are killed. Even after Civil War retcons civilian deaths into the final battle, they never mention anyone dying in Hulk's rampage. They don't imprison her after AoU because she's seen she was wrong and changed sides, they have the option to punish her and make her into a powerful enemy, or bring her onto the team and help her redeem herself.

In a movie series that’s going for a little bit of realism, it really stood out as retarded. I was surprised she didn’t turn out to be a Hydra sleeper in order to fuck the Avengers for doing this and further shit up events in Civil War.

This. I fear she'll just end up becoming a plot device for the X-Men, and her own lore will get shunted to the side or erased ("no such thing as Chaos Magic") as she is used as a prop for other characters stories.

It grinded my gears when people suggested the Disney Plus series, a long overdue chance for her to get decent screentime and development, should be used as a vehicle for the X-Men.

I'm hoping they go the Chaos Magic route as it allows a ton of character development and spiritual growth, and alot of interesting potential with Vision.

The two fears are that the series will be used for some kind of X-Men tie in that leaves Wanda reduced to a plot device, or just as a vehicle to introduce Wiccan or Viv Vision for gay representation on a future Young Avengers movie, instead of giving us stories focused more on Wanda and Vision themselves. Some exploration of Wanda's powers, their origins, and whether they are actual magic in the MCU or not would certainly be a good thing. The comics have used so many different explanations, the MCU doesn't need to go with the 'chaos magic' one, it just needs to choose something, and explore it. If Vision is White Vision in Endgame, the story should be about Wanda being the one to save him.

But to be honest after everything they went through, I just want a comfy domestic series with plenty of flashbacks to how their relationship developed between AoU and Infinity War.

>In the comics she can bend reality.

Only in some Bendis comics because he changed her powers.

In the movies she has the power to steal your heart.

Attached: 1522436845585.jpg (1400x1000, 788K)

The Death Battle with Widowmaker explains why is she a damn Avenger.
>Tried a cheap version of the super soldier serum after being trained to become THE spy in the red room
>Her body became super resistant or shit like that
Also, she has those electric batons from AoU.

> Vision retains his memory of his past feelings but cannot feel. He desperately wants his humanity back.
> We get flashbacks of their courtship from between AoU and IW.
> Wanda attempts to restore Vision's emotions.
> Chthon, through Wanda, imbued Vision with a new soul.
> Wanda and Vision are initially happy, but something is wrong; Wanda senses a presence she hasn't felt since...
> Chthon uses Vision's newly restored emotions to taunt him and try to corrupt him.
> Agatha Harkness, from New Salem, meets Wanda, and begins explaining things to her. Agatha bonds with Wanda, becoming a friend as well as mentor.
> She teaches Wanda, who eventually frees Vision from Chthon.
> Wanda and Vision travel together to Wundagore Mountain in Sokovia to find the truth about her past.