ITT: good parents

ITT: good parents

Attached: Hankwatersbobby.webm (720x480, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

whatisdeepfried.com/2000/12/31/clarissa/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hank was a terrible parent

Not really. Considering how he was raised, he did an excellent job.

Attached: DADDY WAWA.png (1160x650, 697K)

He loved his boy though, he just didnt show it in the right ways.

Peggy was a terrible human, and worst mom. Without hank, bobby would have been a fucking disaster of a boy.

Now its time to really explode!

>would rather kick his son out to a literal doghouse than give his dog away

I don't know, man.

t. millennial

Hank tried different compromises to solve the problem. Hank was even about to give away ladybird until Bobby admitted that the medication worked on his allergies.

Attached: Hank and Lady.gif (266x225, 958K)

he was ok

Hank was a little stiff, awkward, and old-fashioned, but he genuinely loved Bobby. He wasn't always sure how to respond to his son's eccentricities, but he mostly did right by the boy. No parents are perfect and neither was Hank, but he's a wonderful dad as far as adult cartoon parents go.

*sigh* Let's get it over with

Attached: The_d84b09_5344373.gif (190x150, 10K)

*drowning gurgling noise*

Attached: im sorry.png (310x534, 142K)

Attached: isntit_boy.jpg (1600x1080, 167K)

t. Hank

When she stole the turkey I knew she was irredeemable.

Compared to the rest of his contemporaries he's an absolute godsend.
Cartoon dads are usually fucking trash individuals, and Hank was not only a decent guy, but actually had some depth.

Hank made mistakes, but there were plenty of times that showed he was a fantastic dad who also learned life lessons with his son.

Its amazing that he's a good a dad he is since he was raised by Cotton and Tilly, a terrible(but awesome) midget and psycho. Even more on Hank's side is he isnt a terrible piece of trash like his wife.

First half of S1 kinda treated him badly but I'm glad he got better.

Attached: KAXrdJC.png (220x179, 61K)

how do you fuck up 3 kids?

I think it took awhile for them to find Greg's groove. Happens with a lot of great characters.

Yeah and peggy was a saint.

chad tried his best

Attached: CHAD.png (187x300, 54K)

Who's this guy? I see him frequently around Yea Forums.

I still don't get why he willingly lives in his car when he owns that car wash. Couldn't he at least sleep on a floor mat in the office? The car life makes it seem like he doesn't shower regularly.

why would he try when the aspie wasn't even his?

Attached: not okay.jpg (500x367, 67K)

Daddy from Clarissa.
whatisdeepfried.com/2000/12/31/clarissa/

Peggy wasn't exactly worst mom, not a great one, but not worst.

As much of a fag as Bobby can be, it's important to inspire your kid to be creative or try new and different things, and that's one thing Peggy was generally more supportive of than Bobby. Hank is still the better parent, that goes without saying. It's just that Peggy's parenting is a tad underrated, despite her being something of a sociopath.

*than Hank.

Basedboy detected

Maureen's alright

Attached: shoa and tell.png (740x450, 297K)

Jesus, how did I never catch the name of the motel as it related to Kevin's freakout mantra. I thought he was just referring to the water. This show man.

Oh, holy jesus
Yeah ok i get it now

It makes sense, when you think about it. Pre- and post-retcon her mom treated her like a more malicious version of Hank's worst traits towards Bobby, so of course she'd try to do things differently.

Because he actually cared and loved clarence's mom. And most likely fucks her much better than her previous husband.

Attached: pete4.jpg (800x800, 94K)

His son respects him!

Nah. Pete was decent at the time, he kept his kid in check, but I think he fucked PJ up for the long run. Your parents shouldn't be your best friend unless you're really lonely, but you shouldn't live in constant fear of them either because when your kid no longer has to answer to you their first instinct is going to be to shrug off every rule you ever gave them and fuck off out of your life.

Attached: 16A97F19-D21C-4933-8CF2-0A0F2D9A9A8A.png (400x400, 227K)

I love greg

Attached: 9E1CDFDC-4BC7-4479-A4A9-20106C6E6C9D.jpg (300x300, 21K)

Attached: 5dae721b0a61f3bcae814d08df7af446.jpg (1424x2048, 293K)

Attached: Welcome Back Carver.png (212x293, 72K)

That's a fair point, actually. For all her faults, Peggy (in the first four seasons, anyhow) is more open-minded to Bobby's weirdness. Hank is generally more stable and even-handed, but he can also be inflexible in situations where the old tactics aren't effective. In a certain way, Hank and Peggy cover for each other's weaknesses.

The one exception to that I can think of is when Bobby gets into cooking/home-ec and Peggy gets angry that he's a better chef than she is, leading her to sabotage Thanksgiving. I greatly prefer "smart but somewhat self-absorbed" Peggy from the early seasons to "insane, vindictive, and delusional" Peggy from later on in the show's run.

Attached: 1482973356866.jpg (800x746, 621K)

John Redcorn wishes he could be half as good a parent as Dale, or even a parent to begin with and not a trailer-bound weirdo who occasionally shows up in Joseph's life apropos of nothing.

Attached: 1518588117325.png (2518x1024, 282K)

Wasn't the Dog House intended for the dog but bobby wanted his own place.

Loving? Yes
Good? God no.

He did encourage Joseph to kill an endangered animal, once. Good dads normally don't support that kind of thing.

He thought it would make him cool

can confirm. My mom was a psycho. Haven't talked to that cunt in years.
really the best dad on the show. He's not a dumbass. Hell, he learned Russian, has a license and skill to handle extremely toxic chemicals, and owns a business - albiet a low profit one.
He knows John Redcorn is Joseph's biological father, but Dale is his dad. A dad is sometime Redcorn never was, and never even tried to be, save for one half assed episode.
Dale could have left Nancy at any time, but chose to ignore the reality because he saw what a fucked up mess Bill became after his divorce. He knows life throws curveballs, and sometimes you take the bad with the good.

but did Dale even know the whip-ass crane was endangered at the time?

Attached: d6821c2713005b25f4b439e8a18f5d9d.png (1280x1920, 1.44M)

...I suddenly wonder if Greg just walks through the car wash itself on a gentle cycle with bar soap and a jug of shampoo every morning.

But I imagine the van gives him a measure of comfort--he likely lived in it before meeting Rose and may not be used to sleeping on a bed anymore, and he definitely lived in it to save money in order to build Steven a freaking house. Though it's digging a little too deep/playing a realism card, there may also be lease restrictions on the property he has the car wash on preventing him from sleeping inside the office or using it as a domicile.

Watching the first four seasons, Peggy routinely went through a *lot* of humiliating circumstances that were legitimately soul crushing compared to some of the awkwardness Hank puts himself into. She also was the only person on a regular basis to not brook Cotton's bullshit. She snaps after enough of this.

By the time she fell out of the plane, she completed her transformation from a loving mom/wife with some oddball eccentricities and some mild repressed chips on the shoulder, into a far more obsessive kind-of-villain of the show who just really wanted praise and acknowledgements she didn't deserve or earn.

Its really a shame that everyone only remembers later Peggy

Well, this is an entirely different can of worms, but everyone here hates and despises Lisa Simpson too for her later depiction in her show, probably more than Peggy in general.

It's never "Holy fuck, how did the writers screw up this character so bad; I miss the GOOD version of them!" it's always "Holy fuck why is this character even around??"

is that an orangutan what the fuck

My man.

Attached: Tucker.jpg (1280x1162, 255K)

He means the Panda which he encouraged Joseph to kill with a bow, and then shoot it with a gun when Hank and John showed up to stop them.
Nobody was even aware a crane was in the area when Bobby nearly killed it, he just intended Joseph and them to run around in circles looking for nothing. That's literally what a Snipe hunt is.

To be real though Dale and Joseph have a pretty damn good family-son relationship.

Attached: pie.png (620x640, 296K)

cant whet the bed if ive already whet the bed

Attached: dad wants to know.png (156x431, 4K)

He doesn't know.

That's the joke.

Dale does have some remarkable skills but his inability to see the truth of certain things kinda defines his character, and you're giving him entirely too much credit.

Furthermore, Dale actually knowing undermines his relationship with Joseph. If he knew, there would be *some* measure of revenge planted in his caring for someone else's child knowing he's Joseph's 'daddy' and that's just wrong.

Dale loves Joseph unconditionally as his son, and while the meme rant that shows up in KotH related threads about how he's known all along is funny, it's missing the point.

best parent

t
b
h