This show is fucking garbage

This show is fucking garbage.
It's yet another meme series for normies that pretend to have depression for attention.
Not to mention all the strawman SJW arguments and narrative in most episodes (like the one about abortion).
Why does it even get such big fucking praise?

Attached: 87687.jpg (600x336, 36K)

Read in his voice

1.It tackles more than just depression
2.After the first season a lot of the humour really improves
3. Great visuals
4. Mostly great characters minus Todd and Diane
Stop letting normies complaining about their problems ruin things for you, the depression tackled by the show comes from years of complexes, neglect and substance abuse which they're not going to know unless they're decently successful and in their 50s.

Literally a show for women and soibois with the mentality of women.

Well yea. Depression is a cool thing to have now so the girls who got drunk and cheated on their bfs start bitching about shitty life and that BoJack is "so relatable"

>Dude depression lmao
>Dude relatable lmao
Can these forms of humor die off now?

Breathe in, breathe out. It's going to be ok.

Get a grip on your life you flaming faggot. Just because a show's humor doesn't appeal to you doesn't make it a personal attack on your ego. There are better things to lose sleep over.

The strawman SJW elements come from the literal worst character on the show who is arguably more broken than Bojack but doesn't have near as many excuses for her shitty behavior

>Depression is a cool thing to have now so the girls who got drunk and cheated on their bfs start bitching about shitty life and that BoJack is "so relatable"
Which the show does bring up multiple times.

The show doesn't portray depression as a cool thing to have or an even remotely positive trait, it portrays it as something that Bojack is desperately trying to overcome, and that when he succumbs to it he fucks up massively.

OPs projection is hitting astronomical levels. Anyone who thinks Diane is portrayed as being just and right in her views needs to go back to middle school so they can relearn basic analytical skills. Diane is consistently shown to have a holier than thou savior/superiority complex that regularly alienates people and causes her own self destruction. In fact, I’m wagering that’ll be one of the main points of s6. Bojack is supposedly on a road to recovery, while Diane is continuing down her own road of self destruction. For fucks sake watch the fucking last episode of s5 it very clearly spells this shit out.

You are just as stupid as those strawman girls you're referring to if you think the show is endorsing Bojack, Diane, and Sarah Lynn's behavior. It's very clearly portraying that lifestyle in a negative light while pointing out that having mental anguish doesn't mean you should give up on life and resign yourself to nihilistic hedonism. Please spare us your spiteful, sub-/r9k/ whinging and go do something productive with your life.

Attached: LifeZone-52.jpg (322x355, 68K)

OP is obviously being a fag and hasn't actually seen it because if he did he'd be complaining about the repetitious formula.
1-8 set up, Bojack majorly fucks up, everyone briefly hates him, bojack gives up hope, regains hope. Aside from 4 they all do this

When you put it like that, that's eerily similar to the structure of The Tragedy of Man
>Lucifer puts Adam in the position of a key historical event, as it's going off the rails
>Adam fucks up and gets things even more off the rails
>Adam gives up hope
>Adam sees Eve again, regains hope
>Lucifer takes him to a new period, reset

Even if it might not be endorsing, people are not understanding it. Depression is now glorified and romanticized. Everyone has it, everyone "jokes" about how shitty their lives are and they get wasted and self-destructive yadda yadda.

You're not wrong, but you're directing your dislike in the wrong direction. Bojack doesn't pretend that depression is any of that shit, and if people fail to understand that they're retards.

desu the parental issues season was pretty good senpai
>watch season
>makes me want to get help
>get diagnosed with borderline
Thanks Bojack

>I think BoJack is definitely very much about kind of the burdens of being comfortable,” Bob-Waksberg told Indiewire. “I don’t know if those are the kinds of stories we’re going to be as interested in moving forward. I know I’m certainly less interested in exploring the small hypocrisies of rich liberals.
>I’m not in the mood to poke fun at those kinds of people when there are real, real problems that we need to talk about.
And then #MeToo happened.

Boring pity party of a show. I forget what happens the immediate moment im done watching it

I'm slowly starting to hate Raphael Bob Waksberg and how he shoves his politics into everything

>show is garbage
yet you started a thread to discuss it retard, so youre interested in it.

>dude________lmao
Can these forms of comment die off now?

Dude, how can you be so dense? BoJack is for normies what Punpun and Welcome to the NHK is for Yea Forums. It's a way for people who are mildly sad or anxious or whatever, something like a pat on the back for being so totally fucking depressed bro, to trick them into a) thinking they are more fucked up than they are and b) thinking they are receiving sympathy from the writers who are exploiting their audience's insecurities for more money.

Either read something like The Book of Disquiet (which is still pretty insincere) or like Onani Master Kurosawa (which pushes a 'just b urself' message to gain happiness). None of this half-assed "I'm sad so I'm going to keep being said for 5+ years until people get bored of the show and we can wrap it up by finally ending BoJack's plight" nonsense.

I don't think the show is trying to make a serious point about depression. I think it's mostly trying to satirise Hollywood and it's people. Sure, the characters are all well rounded and well written enough to provoke some empathy but at the end of the day it's still a comedy about whiny rich losers in LA

>people are not understanding it
Jesus Christ, who the fuck cares what other people think of it? People have been misinterpreting art for stupid reasons since time immemorial, what does this specific instance of it matter? What would you prefer, that popular media not discuss depression period? That we go back to how it was in the 1950's when people would drink heavily and beat their spouses while pretending mental illness didn't exist? Get over yourself you myopic cunt.

So I take it you've never actually read Punpun then? You're grossly oversimplifying the comic's appeal if you think that's the sole reason it's garnered a cult following. People like the comic because it's funny, engaging, well-written, beautifully-illustrated, and filled with complex characters and darkly relatable scenarios. Part of why people like the comic is because it speaks truth to power. Punpun's struggles with his bad home life, loneliness, and mental illness are tangible. These are real problems that lots of people deal with, so it's reassuring to see a work of art that portrays them with a reasonable degree of accuracy. It's life-affirming in the sense that you're not alone in your suffering, as other people have seen similar hardships.

Is this really that difficult for you to grasp? I'm sorry you're such a grim, joyless autist that you have to heap scorn on random people you don't know for liking media you dislike. I would tell you to go back to /r9k/, but OG /r9k/ would have found your spiteful whinging just as obnoxious as we're all finding it right now.

Attached: 1434050629785.jpg (637x641, 91K)

Nah, I've only read the first like 6 volumes. I have 7-8 and 9-10 sitting nearby, but I haven't even opened the plastic covering. And I am about to order the last two VIZ releases later this week.

I was shitposting, you see.

If we can assume you've read it, can you tell me if we get more of Punpun's uncle later on? The volume focusing on his life was the most gripping, imo. Vol. 1 was kinda weak to me, because I don't really like things that try to center around small children but which instead feel it's necessary to focus on the parents because young kids aren't developed enough to have interesting stories. Punpun's personal tale got more interesting as he aged, but I feel Asano jumped a bit with Punpun's uncle, whose story hit me harder than anything affecting Punpun around the same time, as the uncle was in his early-to-mid-20s when he was going through the initial part of his own depression, and I was able to connect better, waiting passively for Punpun himself to become more "interesting" (read: "similar to me," I guess?).

Thanks for taking my bait and providing me with quality manga discussion. It's hard to get something like this on Yea Forums itself

Whenever there's a Bojack Horseman thread, it's always from a guy trying to shit on the show for attention. Hoping that the mega fans will come and defend it.

>normies that pretend to have depression for attention.
What does that have to do with the show? Hating stuff because of a fanbase makes no sense.

Attached: asdqw.jpg (160x160, 13K)

This and also :
5. Minus the SJW episodes (wich are very few) the show is good.

>Hating stuff because of a fanbase makes no sense.
And yet there was a rather decent show that got pushed to a containment board because it has one of the worst fanbases of all time...

>meme
>normies
>strawman
>SJW
back to pol with you

People have been doing that for millennia with religion, so.

>This show is fucking garbage.
No, it's not
>It's yet another meme series for normies that pretend to have depression for attention.
It's about hollywood culture being shown by a different point of view and how inexcusable mistakes by famous people are often excused by society and even celebrated in overdramatized biographies and exploration in the cause of such behavior. Also about the meaning of wanting to be better and it's real intentions, and how the culture of "relatable media" is harmful. But how could a brainlet like you to understand satire, right?
>Not to mention all the strawman SJW arguments and narrative in most episodes (like the one about abortion).
I'm pro abortion, so i don't care
>Why does it even get such big fucking praise?
Just to piss you off

People here wouldn't get that even if the showrunners wrote it on a billboard.

>Even if it might not be endorsing, people are not understanding it.
Deliberately judging something based on how other view is even worse. You can dislike the show as much as you want, but at least do it for your own reasons.

He's in /pol/ already.

It's funny, full of sight gags and puns as well as contemporary humor and commentary. The depression is just the surface of the psychological issues covered. The abortion episode was strawman against those who are pro-abortion since it's treated like a joke made by one of the most vapid, horrible characters in the movie. The inclusion of Aquafina is almost anti-feminist.

You're probably just baiting.

Depression is fake, just like all "mental disorders" made up by Big Pharma to sell overpriced "medications."

What's that based on? It's true that it can be over diagnosed and over self diagnosed, but in the comforts of the first world, problems arise. Call it"affluenza" or being s spoiled little bitch, but addressing the problems that lead to self destructive behaviors is a net positive.

Disorders aren't "real" in the sense that having cancer is real. They are subjective in the sense that it is only a disorder if it is serious enough to prevent you from functioning normally in everyday life.

But if there is a way to make life easier with a disorder then I don't see anything wrong with that.

Attached: 1477281109838.png (680x1088, 248K)

I disagree about Todd. I think he's cancer but he goes well with Mr. PB when they share scenes

Only an American could come up with this.

You type like a sad motherfucker.

>Hating stuff because of a fanbase makes no sense.
Where do you think we are?

>I'm pro abortion, so i don't care
He mentioned more than that tho

It's popular because somehow "cynical edgelord garbage" has become perceived as "so deep" these days. That's the only reason why crap like this or Rick & Morty is adored; people think it makes them smarter and cool for watching such crap, just because it's edgy.

>2/3rds of the human race

Fucking thank-YOU

BASED CHAD Yea Forums user/. The show is nothing but pseudo intellectual shit, its fanbase is no better than the To be fair Rick and Morty retards

Not really. Even if that statistic was true I doubt anyone outside of retards in the west would like this show.

If you're lumping together all women and all effeminate males, then you have the majority of humans.

and the show is literally about retards in the west so