Connie Maheswaran

Why does Connie insist on swords when guns are objectively better?

Attached: connie gun.png (900x1100, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-gD05qjgKN4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do you like steven universe?

Legally you can't depict cartoon character with hand guns.

is very hard to shoot at the gems because the only target that would affect them is tiny and unless you have a grenade launcher no gun should be able to puff a gem on time, after all, they are very resilient so the bullets should not penetrate their hard light buddies by much.

Great, now I wanna see Pearl teaching Connie how to shoot a gun like Leon taught Matilda
youtu.be/-gD05qjgKN4

it depends on the shows influence and rating because the looney tunes show from a few years ago had real guns.
and yeah also that.

It still brings to mind why no gem uses a projectile. I had an idea for a "gem" and quickly realized how broken she would be in universe simple because her ability is to throw things really really hard and accurately.

i wished they kept the scene where Leon legit wanted to fuck her, it would had made for a much more interesting movie as it show us that Leon is not only altruistic but able to fight her demons.

Where, the UK? I know that isn't the case in the US.

nugems probably have something of the likes for emergencies.

Or Japan.

Attached: girls-last-tour-minigun.jpg (1280x720, 381K)

meber' when Bugs became a POW and Lucas shoot some terrorists, with a real gun may I add, and liberated him?

Depicting handguns in the UK wouldn't be a problem. In the US, however, kids get their parent's guns to play pretend and accidentally kills someone.

yeah it has happended, some time ago I read that women advocating for gun rights was fitting a law that prevented people to have a gun on their car that was easy to access. While driving her little kid shoot her, lol the irony on that. I say fuck her

>Lucas

Attached: images.jpg (254x199, 9K)

I am south American somethings slip past me, no hard feeling right?

Daffys name is Lucas in Chico town?

There's a greater chance you'll get struck by a car crossing the street than your kid shooting someone accidentally. In any case, it's the parents' responsibility to a) teach the kids about gun safety if there is a gun in the house and b) make sure the kid doesn't have easy access to it.
It's not the responsibility of cartoons to make sure kids don't do stupid things.

I'm this guy I actually dont know much about gun depiction policy in cartoons. Just going by what Mark Hamill said.

Attached: dsa.png (564x899, 888K)

is in correspondence with the show Lucas kinda sounds like the spanish word for crazy, loco, and in some places, it's a slang for it.

I just found it really ironic that people advocating for leaner gun safety laws are sometimes shot for bad gun safety.

Nice dubs. Those are network censors and a company (or individual) can censor themselves and their product as they wish, but it's not illegal for Dude McGuy to draw Little Bobby wielding a Mosin Nagant. Hell, Family Guy had Stewie shooting at his own mother in a dream.

Are you kidding? They edited all the guns out of all the anime they imported such as One Piece and Yugioh for Stateside releases.

Attached: 1547336132910.jpg (1200x1600, 373K)

See

Attached: 1546896648035.gif (511x560, 50K)

Attached: 1546896585408.gif (560x560, 162K)

I wonder who was the fucko who commissioned or genuinely did this fucking garbage, yet sometimes funny, garbage.

she was trained to use swords not guns. lord knows what would've happened if rose had a light handgun instead of the light cannons.

>Depicting handguns in the UK wouldn't be a problem
because britbongs aren't even allowed hammers or butter knives without government say so

either that or their culture has saved the lives of thousands of people so I don't think they mind, talking as someone who lives in America btw.

based

Guns can run out of ammo and stop being deadly.
Swords, while they do become dull and stop being deadly, has more uses than a gun before it stops being deadly.

>their culture has saved the lives of thousands of people
True enough, the English Empire did save a lot of lives by introducing third-worlders to the more advanced Anglophone culture.

lol, I gotta give you credit for turning my leftie ideals on their head and putting your imperialism/right-wing trolling in it.
so, in any case, the Brits not having gun+ not loving guns has saved many brits lives as it probably prevented shootings and or fights.

You have not lived until you beat the shit out of someone with an ammo-less gun.

Attached: DSCN0730.jpg (500x375, 115K)

Only in that case knife crumes take centre stage with draconian knife laws put into effect. Texas, the apotheosis of a firearm-friendly state, has less gun violence than California and Texas is closer to Mexico with its cartels. If the population is armed and knows basic gun safety, society becomes safer, instead of relying on mother government to do all of that in every corner of the country. There are only so many police officers.

Attached: connie gun blue.png (436x844, 96K)

that's very much true but gun policy can be very bad because is state driven given rise to some really bad stuff also there are few cases of civilians acting out their hero phases in a shooting, is the police who stop a shooting most of the time.
It's not like I'm against guns I think they're cool and while like to have one in the future, is just that I don't trust that the majority of the populations will be responsible enough to have one and find it scary how easy it is for shooters to legally get a gun, it should be hard enough to get a gun and have enough mental checks that would make a mentally insane person to almost always get a gun illegally otherwise it is frankly a national and international shame that they got a gun legally most of the time. Finally most people who have a gun on hand panic and or don't use in case of shooting making the argument that it will prevent deaths in a shooting not as a strong and important as some people make it up to be.

guns also seem less apropiate to the gems because they're magical aliens, are they even magic anymore? or was magic only a world crystal gems told steven to keep their lies?

what is star wars rebels

Lasers don’t count

i wish it were physically possible for in our lifetime, and even in the very distant future, for laser or plasma guns to exist because then what? every gun is dangerous, accessible and real.

still magic
they're like if a race of vampires that survived long enough to becoming a space empire. pretty much all their tech is based around their magic

>that's very much true but gun policy can be very bad because is state driven given rise to some really bad stuff also there are few cases of civilians acting out their hero phases in a shooting, is the police who stop a shooting most of the time.
>It's not like I'm against guns I think they're cool and while like to have one in the future, is just that I don't trust that the majority of the populations will be responsible enough to have one
I agree partially. There are some cultures (Russian for a quick example) where the people would not adapt as quickly to rhe responsibility such a freedom as the 2nd amendment comes with, but that is only because such cultures equate laws and authority with morality and think less laws equals less responsibility. Countries such as Australia, Japan, France, Canada would benefit from an American view of guns.
and find it scary how easy it is for shooters to legally get a gun, it should be hard enough to get a gun
Most of the time they get a gun illegally because there are background and mental checks. For instance, they convince a family member to buy a gun for them, with the passing off of the firearm remaining unsaid during purchase.
and have enough mental checks that would make a mentally insane person to almost always get a gun illegally otherwise it is frankly a national and international shame that they got a gun legally most of the time.
See above. As a sidenote, during Obama's second term, I do believe there was a massive purge of the do-not-sell-guns-to-these-people list. Whether it was intentional or a glitch, I do not know.
Finally most people who have a gun on hand panic
This is far more likely among greenhorns who never took classes (which are readily available at most gun stores/ranges) or who were never taught the responsibility of wielding a weapon.

They stopped being magical by the end of season 1. They are just aliens.

Continued:
>and or don't use in case of shooting making the argument that it will prevent deaths in a shooting not as a strong and important as some people make it up to be.
Interestingly enough, there have been few or no mass shootings at gun shows or areas where people were armed and advertised as such. Most shootings happen in states and areas that are gun-free zones.

Okay, my phone was acting like shit so I fucked up the greentext, but you get the general idea.

Jasper was poofed by a metal stick. Don't tell me a gun wouldn't have done the same.

I mean, the stick does have more mass and volume...

yeah I do and you're right that a lot of things would be better if there were some better education. I guess our big difference is that you believe and or trust either the people or the government would make it so that education is important, while I don't trust that's going to happen. There's not much we can do about changing each others mind on this but hey thanks for the perspective, it made me think on the other side in a reasonable way.
Also, I wish for no shooting to happen in an area with guns I think the police might shoot the wrong guy, that and I don't want another shooting.

they literally and explicitly have magic powers. they are magic aliens.

Let's be honest, if Steven Universe the show used guns, the gems would dodge or be immune to bullets like every normal anime characters are.

in this day and age, all of their magical abilities could be explained as some dumb sci fi term or two.

They aren't.

>i wish it were physically possible for in our lifetime, and even in the very distant future, for laser or plasma guns to exist

Not sure of infantry use plasmaguns but singe person carried infantry lasers have existed for years, but are forbidden by genova agreement as even mild and indirect (reflections ect.) exposure for the laser from these hand held devises causes severe longlasting damage including but not limited to blindness and are not considerably usable than traditional weapons available, and are thus considered as necessary cruel.

For reference look up the UN investigation of personal focused light armaments or the usa-russia agreement of '89 on limitations of allowed targets for laser tech weaponry of any kind.

Attached: download.gif (760x1024, 45K)

No problem. I personally don't trust the government with taking care of a pet rock, and I do believe that the best gun safety education starts at home and continues in a professional gun range. Those guys in gun stores/ranges do not fuck around. It's not perfect, but I'd rather have dangerous freedom than secure tyrrany.
True enough, I was just saying that few people are insane enough to try a mass shooting where their massacre ends before it truly begins.

I am studying and majoring in physics at uni, maybe i'm talking way over my head, but I don't think personal laser or plasma guns would ever be a thing because they produce to much heat.

that or the energy output would make them have few shots and require a big battery in order to compensate.

yeah but they aren't, they're introduced as magic and left at that

The show changed completely. They even stopped using the word magic. They also explained pretty much everything about the gems in scifi terms.

given the context of when magic is used, I could see it as either or, honestly your pick.
In my opinion, I leaned towards aliens who didn't want to over saturate Steven with more details than he needed.

There are the US Phaser rifles and the Chinese PY132A laser gun at least, but since they are for anti materiel purposes mostly but can still be used against infantry althought it is forbitten.

I feel like, if it was just tech, then a character like Peridot would dump psuedo-science jargon explaining the principles of everything to establish that point.

forgot my pic

Attached: Sketch (52).png (1143x602, 929K)

at that point they've wore her down for peridot to get the kill.

then again gem damage is pretty plot related (garnet can poof peridot but peridot takes shit ton of damage in the looney tunes episode and they shrug it off as "peridots are tough!")

older version of CPY

Attached: china-laser-2.jpg (800x977, 120K)

Current export version.

Primary use against vehicles and drones

Attached: china-laser-1.jpg (800x593, 84K)

The creators are weebs

huh. paint that purple and it would look like one of the laser carbines from Halo

you do know there are anime that have gunslingers for characters right?

talking about weebs, there has not been a bigger weeb crew than the teen titans crew back in the day. I really wish Tumblr was big thing when they were actively working on the show. I can almost guarantee you that some of them wore hidden leaf bandages to work and or full on mall ninja shit. The memes would have glorious.

that think only temporarily blinds people

Chii and Yuu might be adults, they're depicted drinking and smoking (even if only once) which is a fairly big no-no in Japan for anyone under 18.

Attached: 1509385597075.jpg (1009x1191, 469K)

The best era for war is long gone, we need to learn to accept that.

Attached: 1507437614842.jpg (365x324, 34K)

nowadays you can waste the opposing country before you can even mobilize your actual army.

stop glorifying war and violence it should be always the last option and any reasonable person should not develop any pleasure from killing someone because they're on the other team like that.

I don't think there are any personal plasma guns yet but there are laser ones that can be used against radar instalments and drones but also clearing unexploded shells and other explosives.

How would hand held plasma gun even work?

Crashing through plate glass is oddly specific.

I'm the club gun user, I was being somewhat facetious. It is a funny image, beating the shit out of someone with a gun.

plasma is created by ionizing a gas with either temperature or a huge voltage difference, both of them require a lot of energy and create heat can only be contained with a super-strong magnetic field, which itself requires lots of energy and is honestly not that effective.
Unless there are astronomical amounts of development in different and or better storing energy devices and magnetic field creations.

Yeah, that kind of technology can be put to better use than laser guns.

ALL HAIL THE CUBE!

Attached: AVE NEX ALEA.jpg (2816x2112, 473K)