What went wrong Yea Forums?

what went wrong Yea Forums?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 2.20.34 AM.png (579x575, 464K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FxKtZmQgxrI?t=128
youtube.com/watch?v=V8ntyHPvRnw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sorry who is this

She didn't sing Black Sheep

apparently nothing according to money and review scores.

She straightened her hair.

So will they change her dyke hair in the comics now?

that hair does not look good on her

Nothing

Attached: 1553392794689.png (1248x418, 229K)

They already have you casual faggot

Movie got boring the second they got to Earth

nothing about that costume looks good

It was boring before they got to Earth, too.

Movie didn't make sense so they had to buy their own tickets

whaaat? all the good shit happened when they got to earth.

not only are the kree fucking assholes they're also boring.

Nothing, it was fairly entertaining

Now here she actually looks like Carol Danvers, let's have more of this. And Brie Larson pro tip, please at least try to act.

That costume is great wtf

Nohing, I'll take a Carol with her worst traits dialed back over one that is defined by them.

Ugly wooden sjw actress with zero fucking charisma. the MCU is built on charisma and she's a void

i guess exclusive shilling the existence of a female sex works against most women and söy drinkers huh?
they will eat all the shit as long as they shill the mighty uterus

Attached: sgb.png (500x370, 237K)

Not believing in Black Widow

Hello again

I feel like both Scarlet Johansson and Brie Larson are equally as bland in their portrayal. Maybe Brie can grow into the character some more but I've never really seen Scarlet as Nat. I've just grown to look past her.

>Budget $152–175 million[2][3]
>Box office $834.3 million[4]

Attached: Kapitan Marvel.jpg (564x781, 120K)

Cry More, your tears nourish us.

Nah, appealing to the woke crowd isn't enough most of the time. It's all about Endgame hype, the MCU brand, and brand loyalty.

Brie Larson aside. Politics aside. Everything else aside. No matter what, Carol Danvers could never be able to succeed on her own.

>her solo
The script being a salad and the directors phoning it in.
>Endgame
The shoulderpads and the long hair. The Russos being shallow meme directors, but hey, at least she'll get a couple of cool moments that will endear her even to the people who didn't like her own movie, like with Strange.

Brie herself is not a problem. She sells Carol's condescention and arrogance, as well as her puckishness and idealistic conviction. If there is something she struggles with, it's the "action hero" attitude. She's a drama actress and ironically, the more superficial job of dropping quips and looking cool is more difficult for her than delivering the more subdued and casual or genuinely emotionally charged performance (compare the scenes in Maria's house with the escape from the Skrull ship).

Another Northamerican blond hero who saves the world but this time is somehow the first one.

Nothing, Carol is perfect
If she had kissed Maria at the end her movie would've been perfect too

Attached: us.jpg (4000x2667, 1015K)

miscast

captain marvel is a shit character

kevin feige

pg13

Attached: brie-larson-seen-during-an-intense-workout-session-at-the-gym-in-los-angeles-090119_2.jpg (1500x1617, 341K)

We are witnessing LIVE Disney itself tarnishing their brand.

Attached: roman-reigns-2.jpg (1200x1200, 128K)

Attached: Brie lifts.png (1500x1617, 3.99M)

Friend of a friend

She's probably the most unlikeable cunt i've ever seen

Attached: tops.jpg (1248x697, 75K)

Nothing.

Captain Miscast

Attached: captain marvel warbird.jpg (1920x1080, 1.62M)

They cast someone with an ego instead of building up a C list actor.

They cast their lead based on who's popular in Hollywood right now instead of based on who would fit the character, and so the main character was the weakest part of the film.

I enjoyed the film, but it's the same issue I had with Wonder Woman, the lead was outclassed by everyone else in the film and it's super noticeable. Fire whoever was in charge of casting for this role.

Attached: katee-sackhoff1[1].jpg (1200x680, 122K)

Brie was the best part of the movie
>memebsg actress
Yikes

They didn't pick someone beautiful or likable. Should have used Taylor Swift.

Attached: 4175268906d97492e4a3175eab95c0f5.jpg (936x1361, 306K)

>tfw you hastily make OC and no one appreciates it

Attached: man with cancer.jpg (1600x900, 77K)

>went to see movie
>basically went the hero: origins route
>okay twist where she was working with the bad guys
>jokes were thin
>fury backstory explored a little as well
>a pinch of politics sprinkled on top, including a trump joke
It was like 6/10 for me but not as bad as everyone says it is

I have no interest in a movie about gender politics or feminism

What? You say that's not what the movie's about?

I'm pretty sure all the advertising and even the lead actress stressed that's what the movie's about, so it must be the case.

>Grrl Powers is the most powerful hero ever
>she's so important too! Did you know Fury named the Avengers after her?
They tried way too hard to make people like her. Larson has the charisma of a sack of potatos so it falls flat.

She had almost no struggle and no growth (unless you count realizing how great she is as growth) while with every other character in the MCU it was the opposite. Hell, realizing her own worth would have been a good arc if she had actual self trust issues, but given how many times she constantly solves problems by blasting through them and then making a smug face it doesn't seem like she doubted her abilities in the first place.

>unless you count realizing how great she is as growth
That didn't happen tho

>a pinch of politics on top, including a trump joke
They were differently some annoying politics in the film like the ‘cockpit’ line but when was there a trump joke?

Attached: oNccXrwUkBA.jpg (320x464, 34K)

Attached: Rec3xGU53Lk.jpg (320x481, 30K)

What the fuck are those brown spots on her back? How can she have worse feet- and skin conditions than most unwashed men?

I guess The Last Jedi was the best movie ever made then.

>including a trump joke
I'm dying to hear this one. What part are you thinking of?

> $834.3 million of Disneys own money from buying out empty theatres

Not according to reviews

The lead actress.

The SJW marketing.

Meh script.

and this kind of petty nonsense is why no one listens to Yea Forums autists

I'm honestly glad we didn't get these instead. Those costumes are shit and she looks like a tranny

I knew you when

It'll make a billion without you

When you see this is the pic you realize that spider ass pic meme is real

Could be that way if Marvel are in charge, like Iron Man 1

They're using Katee Sackhoff there.

Our common goal was waiting for

>It's all about Endgame hype, the MCU brand, and brand loyalty.
If that's true then why didn't Ant-Man and the Wasp make a billion?

>Source

>including a trump joke
No there wasn't, stop lying faggot

She'll be great in Endgame. Russos always take characters people weren't sure about and make them great

>trump joke
Y'all are really looking for a reason to get angry. Where even was it?

>Two years later
>Still mad

Prove it.

>looks like a tranny
FUCK YOU

Attached: tricia-helfer-katee-sackhoff-1.jpg?quality=88&w=750.jpg (750x750, 67K)

lmao i haven't been following the culture war shit but do people actually believe this? I think feminism is annoying but this is fucking delusional lad

Because Captain Marvel was foreshadowed at the end of Infinity War and is confirmed for Endgame, which is coming out in a month. Marvel specifically hyped her up as important for the MCU storyline. Ant-Man and Wasp felt like a side story. Are you really this dense?

But Endgame is going to heavily involve the quantum realm

nlmao
this is not the real box office, desu

the world to end

Generic control+alt

Attached: 1525382583035.jpg (507x690, 61K)

So what? Ant-Man and Wasp released two months after Infinity War, and far too early for any hype toward Endgame. Neither character was mentioned or hyped up in Infinity War either. The reports about them being a part of Endgame wasn't even a thing until after their film left theaters.

Let's see your numbers
If it's all about brand loyalty then Ant-Man should've been a bigger hit. Prove me wrong. You can't.

surprisingly, i enjoyed antman and the wasp more than CM.
The problem i have with Brie's character in CM is she doesn't work alone and needs a partner (best parts in the movie were the scenes with Fury and her doing shit). Without that interaction she's pretty bland.
The movie was not bad as Yea Forums wanted me to believe.

good thing the MCU is practically synonymous with the term "buddy-cop" movie ever since iron man 3. I swear to god this term pisses me off so much.

Two years later and The Last Jedi is still shit.

>Oh so just because things make a shitload of money that means they're successful?!

Uh, yeah retard.

Attached: SmugBrie3.gif (245x200, 954K)

>implying TLJ is prequel-tier
see what I'm doing? I'm comparing two movies that are bad just because we're told they're bad.

>The game made a lot of money so that means it must be good!
Found a fan of the Michael Bay Transformer movies here.

Attached: 1478762880204.gif (275x206, 1.7M)

>Michael Bay Transformer movies

i would rather watch any of those than this thing

why do "bad movies" keep making so much money user

Marvel is starting to show how by the numbers it is.

Also every villain they have that isn't Thanos fucking sucks

To be honestly, mostly because of brand names. The Transformers brand, and the MCU Disney Brand. You don't even have to make good movies anymore. As long as there's name recognition it's basically gauranteed to sell gangbusters. There are only a few rare exceptions, Han Solo being one of the most recent and most noteable ones.

So literally everyone besides you is just a fucking idiot? Just chugging down whatever slop (((they))) throw at them?

Is the rest of the MCU shit, then?

It was about as good as the first Thor movie or Captain America. It was painfully average.

>So literally everyone besides you is just a fucking idiot? Just chugging down whatever slop (((they))) throw at them?
Yes
>Is the rest of the MCU shit, then?
Yes

I unironically agree with who you're replying with.
I never knew the power of brand-selling in cinema until of recent times.
Hell, even I think it's some sort of nostalgia factory.

>Taylor Swift
>Hardened soldier
Pick one.

>So literally everyone besides you is just a fucking idiot? Just chugging down whatever slop (((they))) throw at them?
No, but most people are.

>Is the rest of the MCU shit, then?
No, most of it's okay-to-good.

Attached: 354.png (300x450, 193K)

Hon, painfully average is the new success.

She's Ronald McDonald

I wouldn't say anything particularly went wrong, it was a fine film, just nothing went particularly right.

Not much, really.

Attached: male tears.jpg (321x499, 32K)

She genuinely didn't have a personality and the pacing of the movie is terrible. Sam Jackson and Talos were the only particularly good parts.

saw a sold out show and the theater had empty rows of seats. maybe it was just my theater but if i see mcu opening night its always packed

Well don't make it worse by being a big loser about it.

I saved it but now I'm gonna erase it and never use it b3cause of your shit additude
Enjoy your ( )

It's been like a year, dude.

You mean the review scores that they admitted were rigged to make the movie look better than it was?

Probably when a character references to Earth as a shithole, which...isn't really a Trump reference? It's a pretty common joke in sci-fi about how aliens see Earth as a backwater place.

SHE HAS NO HIPS! SHE HAS A MAN CHIN!! SHE HAS NO TITS!!!!! I'M A VIRGIN AND I WILL NEVER GET A GIRLFRIEND

Attached: download.jpg (220x229, 6K)

You're right and were right to call me out on it, thanks anons.

This except it was more of a 7/10 for me.

I'm glad that you see that we were only trying to help you out, buddy.

These are all true tho

A true lack of a heroes journey I would say. She never once falls or has a moment where she doubts herself she is always awesome. Her power feels unearned essentially. Had her binary powers come from a second exposure to the tessaract would have been better than oh well i had them all along.

>has to shitpost in order to make a (wrong) point
Seething whiteknight incel.

>pretty much all of the big comic book and disney youtubers didn't like it

Attached: enjoy.gif (500x270, 1000K)

>how by the numbers it is.

I think the movie's main problem is that it wasn't formulaic enough.

Every other MCU character goes through the motions of a typical backstory. CM tries to tell the origin story through a surreal blender and it doesn't work. If the film had followed a more traditional origin story structure (i.e.making you care about Carol's pre-hero struggles and relationships by actually depicting them) it would have done a lot to smooth her rough edges and maybe make her personality endearing instead of grating.

Everyone should go watch the Plinkett review section on protagonists and think about how it applies to CM:

youtu.be/FxKtZmQgxrI?t=128

Prequels feel like the first draft of a script
TLJ's feels like it was written by a toddler

GOT BALLS OF STEEL

I think it was a kinda neat way to do an origin thing
Not great execution, but
The earth is a shithole thing. Not american, don't like Trump, but it was noticeable

I watched this earlier today. I've got to ask, did I misunderstand something, or did the lightspeed engine just move at the speed of light? Or was it faster than the speed of light? It it was an FTL engine it'd make sense why it was said that it could be used to invade other galaxies, though you'd think they'd specify that's it an FTL engine. I kept thinking it just moved at lightspeed though which would be useless for intergalactic travel, and even galactic travel for the most part.

Oi Brie, say it with me "Golem get ye gone!"

looks like cupping therapy marks youtube.com/watch?v=V8ntyHPvRnw

Well, everyone who uses 'literally' as part of their vocabulary is a dumbshit. They can't help themselves from using it via cultural osmosis. They have no filter for external stimuli.

Because people can't form an opinion on a movie without seeing it, and unless you're willing to break the law then you can't see a movie without paying for it

I remember when "muh box office/popularity means it's good" was a laughable notion on Yea Forums.
Cancer from Yea Forums ruined this board.

>they admitted were rigged to make the movie look better than it was?
1. where's your source?
2. why would they even admit that?

>the Earth is seen as a backwater dump by super advanced aliens
>this must be a trump reference

I think it was OK for the most parts, though some forced feminism was unnecessary. "Oh woe is me, men say I shouldn't be this dour", this kind of stuff.

I dislike how they basically make her into superman, I hoped MCU would avoid this kind of power creep. Sure, Thor is kinda close in terms of power level, but I don't like him either.

It's a mediocre movie that in a better world would have been shrugged at then forgotten but now we have to hear about it every five fucking seconds because the full-retard media frenzy about it caused by corporate-manufactured outrage and divisiveness perpetuated by social media morons.

Attached: cox.gif (220x214, 109K)

People's opinions went wrong.

"a-notch-or-two-more-vindictive Amy Phoeler"
is the new face of your new MCU, have fun with that, cousin

Attached: 1552688255846.png (300x324, 241K)