Mark Waid to write the 'History of the Marvel Universe'

>Writer Mark Waid (Kingdom Come) and artists Javier Rodriguez (Spider-Woman) and Alvaro Lopez (Exiles) will tell a definitive version of the History of the Marvel Universe as part of the publisher's 80th anniversary, as announced at C2E2 2019's Diamond retailer event.
>The six issue series will chronicle the "entire history" [it needs more quotation marks] of Marvel Comics, and will feature main covers by Steve Mcniven (Old Man Logan).
>No release date has been announced
>Waid is well known for an encyclopaedic knowledge of the most obscure comics continuity, so we can expect plentyy of dive deeps to come. [is that sarcasm?]
>It will tells the story of the Marvel Universe chronologically. And events tied together with a throughline they aren’t ready to reveal…

Sources: >>newsarama.com/44432-mark-waid-to-tell-the-history-of-the-marvel-universe.html
>>bleedingcool.com/2019/03/22/mark-waid-history-marvel-universe-c2e2/

Opinions? I know I liked those typos

Attached: image-from-ios-48.jpg (1000x817, 156K)

So Marvels again but without the gimmick that made it cool?

Mark Waif lost his groove when his peers exposed him to be a tantrum having man baby. Also, trying to blacklist people is not a good look. Hope he gets an anal fissure.

probably based off of the popularity of YT channels like comics historian or comics explained.
not to mention all those pop culture channels like looper.

I like Javier Rodriguez.

>>Waid is well known for an encyclopaedic knowledge of the most obscure comics continuity, so we can expect plentyy of dive deeps to come. [is that sarcasm?]
No? Waid is super well-known for being an autistic comic continuity trivia buff.
He did fuck up with Winter Soldier continuity on his Avengers run, though.

so, how will Waid tackle the Aaron's Prehistoric Avegers? Especially their time-frame placement?

>He did fuck up with Winter Soldier continuity on his Avengers run, though.
I don't remember this, care to enlight me?

probably going to be full of sjw revisionism to get ride of all the "problematic female outfits" and the lack of "diversity"

Time for SJWisms and Waid punching holes into walls.

It's nothing huge, but he has Winter Soldier showing up in the background of Nadia Pym's Red Room memories when Brubaker explicitly wrote Winter Soldier's Soviet-era history so that Bucky was put in cold storage from the 80s until the beginning of Bru's run.

Brubaker was very intentional about doing that specifically to explain why nobody had noticed Winter Soldier since the start of the modern heroic age and so that writers wouldn't go around doing things like Waid did with Nadia.

Like that skimpy Phoenix outfit on the cover? Shut up my guy

Too many beaners and mckrauts on the project. It will read like try-hard shit pretending to be balanced and realistic, and all told with a style of cheap tattoo portraits and lowrider murals. Today's pulps aren't fun anymore, they're pure gringe.

Doctor Strange is great right now, you're retarded, eat a dozen and a half dicks

I'm expecting a lot of easy to beat down strawmen and subtle jabs ate moments in Marvel history that weren't woke enough.

Al Ewing should have been on this book.

Oh God... this autistic writing "Muhh Canon: The series" is one way of making a dumb concept even worse.

It's a really bleh comic and I'm amazed at the praise it's getting.

Waid is super knowledgeable about DC continuity, it’s rare to have someone like Busiek who has an autistic knowledge of both continuities.

Worked for X-fags and Grand Design. Those pathetic fuckwits seriously thought that was the best comic of the year.

Ewing is shit, faggot turned Hulk into a Swamp Thing rip off with out of place sjw speeches and Hulk doing Rick and Morty style lectures.

The gimmick was great for the "whoa look up in the sky" moments but that's it. The photographers Forrest Gump plot aged like milk.

Lmao, how's it feel being cucked by him?

>six issues
>entire history
Just flinging event bait around and hoping they can bring in more normies who only watch the MCU.

Mark Waid went crazy and acts like a completely unprofessional asshole, but I separate the person from the writer, and he's still one of the greats to me.

This is the kind of stuff that DC can't do anymore because they fucked up their universe so much.

It wouldn't be impossible for DC to do something like this.
But their history wouldn't focus on the modern timeline after a multiversal reboot. It would focus on their timeline incorporating the crises and reboots.

If anything, that's one of the bigger differences between DC and Marvel. DC acknowledges its reboots (necessary or not), while Marvel prides itself for being one single timeline.

Every single time they do this is retarded because they'll never put out timelines. Like I get they don't want to put specific dates since those move with the story all the time but fuck sake giving a timeline so we know how old the characters approximately are isn't big.

Empty statement

Well given how the other X-Men books have been the past few years, Grand Design is better.

I wonder if he will write the original origins of certain characters or decide to just write the retcons.

So when they mean "History of the Marvel Universe", do they mean the current canon history of the Marvel Universe post-Secret War reboot or the history of Marvel comics in general following the real life chronology of publication? Because I seriously doubt they can fit the later in only 6 issues, but a 6 issues run detailing the current canonicity of events such as when exactly the X-Men first started out (is it still the 60's?, is Cyclops fucking 70 years old? Is Magneto even still an Holocaust survivor?), the FF got their powers, Peter got bitten, etc. could be useful.

Pointless, futile, doomed.

Attached: Ultimates (2015-) 005-012.jpg (651x1000, 733K)

Attached: Ultimates (2015-) 005-013.jpg (651x1000, 740K)

You got mighty low standards to think its "great". Not surprised a Waid fan likes to think about dicks.

>Today's pulps
Blockbuster novels, you mean?

>gringe
Gringo cringe?

C'mon, Ethan, you know you're just going to have to settle out of court to avoid the judge laughing at you.

The gimmick being Alex Ross?

Oh hey, it’s Xavier’s sexual frustions made manifested

Can they erase Oriinal Sins out of continuity? I mean how many times was the time stream fucked over? Hell, make the Gwen that slept with Norman Osborn a clone. Would make a good reason why the twins aged so fast, because the mother is the same thing. And Warren made more of them

Lol, fag.

How much can he realistically cover in six issues?

Forgive me.
I am autistic.

Attached: Marvel timeline.jpg (1000x5837, 2.76M)

>I separate the person from the writer
How does that work with his awful how do you do my fellow children shit like Champions though? I like a lot of Waid's older stuff, but ever since MoS came out and he chimped out at the screen, his manchildness seems to seep into his books more and more.

Read Doctor Strange or his Ant-Man and Wasp mini.

depends on how in depth they go and how big the chapters are.

Attached: mystic shit.jpg (1000x534, 114K)

Doesn't seem like they sit to long on any one thing

Attached: the rare sphinx reference.jpg (1000x602, 118K)

Chances of Waid not ignoring Ewing's Ultimates 2 origin?

>Mark Waid
pass

I'm more worried about omitting the cool stuff from Hickman's SHIELD

user, there's literally a panel from Hickman's SHIELD right here:

The entire basis for Kingdom Come was him chimping out over his manchildness, and that's widely considered one of his best works.

this is great, and what basically I'm expecting from the book

Still, a correction: Thanos was born in 217 b.c. (pic related) no 2200(unless you added a 0 too much)

Attached: file.png (1041x1600, 3.32M)

Somebody has the covers from the annuals "Infinity Warps"? I really want to see more warps between Marvel characters!

>and that's widely considered one of his best works.
It's pure shit.

this is modern Yea Forums. Their point of reference is youtube, not History of the DC Universe in the 80's.

Mark "I'm being sued so please give me more work" Waid

It doesn't matter. Nothing matters.

>Marvel Western characters
nice

I think we all should keep in mind that Waid wrote a Reed Richards story set in the 60's in Marvel Comics Presents, just now. So we know he isn't too attached to the sliding timescale.

About 2200 years ago. I didn't want to use 'BC' since it seems inappropriate for the Marvel universe.

>It's pure shit.

What do you consider a good comic, user? I could use a hearty laugh.

It should.
"The possibilities within the limitations are as vast as those beyond them".

Are you the guy that makes the charts?

>waid
Cringe

>Odin, Zeus and Vishnu jobbing to the Celestials
Such a deep dive. I wonder how Waid will reconcile that story with 1,000,000 BC.

I recognize everything here except for all of the people looking at the baby in the bed, and the guy with the golden helmet.

Attached: Odin, Zeus and Vishnu job to Celestial.jpg (933x1365, 543K)

You mean those big maps of the universal hierarchy? No. That's above my pay grade. I made a much simpler version though.

Attached: Marvel Universe.jpg (1700x1700, 600K)

"Jobbing" to the Celestials.