Unpopular opinion thread

Unpopular opinion thread.
I'll start with one that might destroy the thread before it even begins
I think Spongebob season 4 had a consistent quality even comparable to Season 1-3, and I'd say season 4 houses a good bit of episodes I'd describe as pure kino such as the Lost Mattress, Skill Crane, Krusty Towers, Have you Seen this Snail, Dunces and Dragons, Mrs Puff, You're fired, the list goes on.

Attached: Spongebob.jpg (1000x600, 803K)

season 4 was shit, even as a kid I realised the show became different and stopped watching it.

that's an opinion i see rising in a lot of people

Lots of people defend season 4. Heres an actual opinion: Ok Ko is better than Ed Edd n Eddy

You got good taste. Krusty Towers is pretty fucking funny, pretty sure it had a consistent #1 spot in my country's annual SpongeBob Top 100 episodes marathon.

Most of Season 4 episodes were actually written during Season 3 but the scripts weren't used since they've gone past the episode limit for the season. That'd make Season 4 the epilogue to the classic era.

I liked Sponge out of Water

That's not a opinion, that's a fact.

aladdin sucks.

Attached: thinking2.jpg (300x168, 8K)

you could already see signs of the decline in season 3

Real unpopular opinion: SpongeBob was always shit, it just became more shit over time.

season 4 and 5 have a few classics between them, but not as much as seasons 1-3
season 6-now is right unwatchable
even my girlfriend won't watch them.

There's unpopular and then there's being contrarian, user.

season 9-11 were good again

DC knows how to make superhero comic books better than the competition. Theres literally no reason to have >flawed and >realistic superheroes. its fiction. its supposed to be as far away from real life as possible. having your female characters talk like "ummm valley girls?" is retarded and only hurts them. I want read larger than life iconic characters doing awesome shit, not some brown lesbian woman talking about how shes a superhero because shes brown and lesbian.

Attached: captain atom.png (220x364, 163K)

Except I'm not being contrarian. I actually think so

I like Brave and the Bold more than BTAS

Attached: s592.jpg (592x841, 179K)

9-11

Attached: t0U3Y7g.jpg (256x352, 17K)

The Batman was better

Nuh uh

Based and DCpilled

Attached: 23f.jpg (680x452, 91K)

i dont know shit about animation or other technical aspects of cartoons but the digital or computerized rendering of cartoons looks atrocious, to me the left looks better than the right

maybe im just a boomer and being nostalgic

Attached: simpsons.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

The right is objectively drawn far better than the left. Digital works wonders for avoiding flaws and adding proper realistic detail
>maybe im just a boomer and being nostalgic
Probably, yeah.

Whats the deal with the new episodes? Why do they have him acting like a complete faggot nowadays and patrick a complete retard? None of them have any charm anymore

This.

While the right is "drawn better" or "more on model", it barely animates. It's stiff as all fuck.

this is a meme, not an opinion.

I agree with this
I disagree with this. Silver Age Marvel largely blew SA DC out of the water. Flawed heroes balanced with larger than life antics gave breathing space between action and helped the characters feel more rounded. It also helped the format by giving them a base to play with or develop from. I think both companies are good at their specialty, and the finer points are subjective tbf tho
>My unpopular opinion
Ennis overall ruined Punisher as a character, and WBF is only good in comparison to what came immediately before it. And only the first couple arcs of Marvel Knights Punisher were good

how about you actually watch them

if ya boi zach just complained about bad writing and not muh ess jay duble you, hed be taken more seriously

>thise trips

Attached: This+will+be+useful+some+day+_0d4ad822703120a87a14fc12f1a0ae69.jpg (326x326, 21K)

How is the spoiler an unpopular opinion?

Not an unpopular opinion as far as I know, people have been shitting on the new opening since it came out for looking so extremely soulless.

Attached: simpsons animation.gif (256x368, 1.94M)

Not that user but yeah, I also agree with it. No cartoon physics, Marge just turns her head, her expression barely changes. I appreciate that it's technically better but I wish they could have put more time into the intro

I thought people hated it. They don't?

While the old one is "off model" (or on-model with Marge's S1 persona), there's so much care and animation to the SD version. The HD version they just animated her turning her head and called it a day

Marge isn't even looking at Maggie when she smiles, and she smiles before she even can see Maggie is safe. Jesus.

>2 frame fist shake
what the fuck

I’ve seen a lot more praise than hate for Sponge Out of Water.

i did retard. It's not as shit as the post movie seasons but it's still shit.

Attached: nu-spongebob in a nutshell.jpg (500x579, 80K)

Sponge Out of Water was decent but it literally just felt like an extended episode of the show

This

I love water

i love cock

it felt like 2 completely different episodes put together

The Simpsons was always okay at best

There's definitely a strong cut-off point after Season 3 and the movie but I agree that too many people write off season 4 when I'd argue Krusty Towers is on par with the writing of previous seasons.

I enjoyed season 4 But I concur it had a radically different feel, along with how clean the art looked it wasn't the same

the outlines were written during season 3, not the scripts

if you thought season 4 was bad, then at least you weren't around to see how much worse the show became after that point

Season 4 of Spongebob was okay, DEFINITELY not as good as seasons 1-3 however. Season 5 was mediocre at best but it all went shit once season 6 aired. I've heard the later seasons are actually starting to get better though so there's that.

It is in the 4th season when they begin to see the changes that the series would have. Disturbing Squidward for no reason, an increase in the grotesque scenes, the rare designs of characters, Arenita being more a scientist than practicing karate, etc.

>Arenita
wat

Oops, spanish name.

Yeah I should have realized that, part of me thought it was another post like when someone got confused and called Quagmire Squidward.

Unpopular Cartoon Opinion: Ren has pink eyes

Attached: 1549762088255.gif (300x200, 2.35M)

magneto was right

I remember from the moment season 4 premiered, I was taken aback at how most of the episodes were pretty corny, lame, stale, Nick Jr-esque, etc. compared to 1-3.

I remember fan forums at the time having a similar "bleh" reaction to s4; at the time Spongebob season 4 was the equivalent to Simpsons season 11 in terms of viewer disbelief.

It feels weird how some Zoomers who grew up with s4 are now retroactively lumping it into the "good seasons".

Attached: 1552133449523.jpg (250x353, 42K)