Love, Death and Robots

What are Yea Forums's thoughts on it?
inb4 >Netflix

Attached: LDandRBlindspot.png (800x445, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/190513423
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/106587016/#q106587223
instagram.com/p/BvCgEa-B0J1/
youtube.com/watch?v=w0Qe791EZz0
youtube.com/watch?v=rXIphYH3yEM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Personally, I liked suits the best, simpleish concept but I might be a little biased towards the "farm equipment". Three robots was an interesting idea but got a little preachy then ended with a for the lolz that fell flat for me. Beyond aquila rift was pretty good too, story wise. All in all though? The show's worth a watch, itll have something in it that will pique your interest somewhere, probably.

The consensus between all kinds of artists and animators I follow is that Zima Blue is the only real gem of them all. Well deserved.

Attached: DH5iJp4UQAAiS3E.jpg (768x1024, 121K)

From the image, Blindspot was my favourite.
Really wish it could've been greenlit as an actual show so I can discuss it more.

Yeah I liked blindspot too, but it didnt cross my mind at the time when I wrote about farm equipment. The rookie reminded me a little too much of battle network megaman though. It was like they took a cartoon pilot and added some swear words. Not bashing the episode though it hit a lot of my "that was cool" marks.

>Three robots
I don't know why, but the short kind of falls apart when you realized that the robots can download video of humans at any time, like they did with the t-bagging so why they didn't know how to bounce a ball or it's purpose or anything about cats was just kind of dumb. Which is a shame because I really enjoyed the beginning as well.

I would be all for having a show based on that episode.

It was chock full of robot dismemberment and dismantlement though so I wouldn't really chock it up as a kid's show either.

It has the most solid writing that's for sure.
What was your favourite personally?

I adored Blindspot, the art style hit all kinds of buttons for me. Reminded me of early 2000s cartoons, especially Storm Hawks.

Really though I enjoyed all of them except for Shapeshifters and Ice Age. Sonnie's Edge was a good concept but the execution pissed me off.

Still really fucking glad I watched this though. I hope they do another season.

>Storm Hawks
Jesus Christ how long has it been.
Also, I love how the leader dies first and the rookie wasn't able to save the day like how these stories usually go.
It's the brawn that does since his brain is on his crotch when he got his head crushed.

>Jesus Christ how long has it been.
A long time, user. Over 10 years.
As for Blindspot I was kinda hoping the Rookie would die too desu. The twist end was cute though, I wonder how many missions they've failed.

But this is already a staple in action cartoons.

I enjoyed it overall, quality was everywhere but it was fun. I wouldn't mind seeing more anthologies like it in the future.

It has made for some enjoyable threads

It was mediocre, the only reason everyone is talking about it is because the shorts were really (really) well animated.

Attached: 1552521783152.png (513x627, 278K)

Not quite, it's interesting to se how people have way different takes on which ones are good/bad and why. The only one people agree on is Zima Blue.

those threads mostly shows how much Yea Forums is infected by tumblerites with an agenda that talks a lot of subject they don't even consume. Haven't seen so many crabs since "style threads" on /ic/

Who wants to be a champ and post the 5 best ones?

Attached: paul bearer.jpg (401x425, 57K)

Somehow I think it's mostly one or maybe two autists, the posts throughout the threads have been very similar. Their opinions are easy enough to discard though.

Zima Blue
The Witness
Beyond the Aquila Rift
Blindspot
The Secret War

Attached: lookatemgo.gif (290x354, 2.95M)

Where can I download it?

Replace Blindspot with Fish Night and it's a 5/5

The Witness
Zima Blue
Sucker of Souls
Suits
Lucky 13

By the way does anyone have that webm from Sonnie's Edge of the "stabbing"?
I need it for, uh, reasons.

It could've used more female writers and directors, and less gratuitous and misogynistic violence against women.

Attached: Something Smells.png (438x589, 627K)

Ok now (You) your on falseflag with fake outrage. We all know it's coming.

Zima Blue
Beyond the aquila rift
Sonnies edge
Suits
The Secret War

Japan did Ice Age better

Attached: dennou coil launch.gif (445x250, 2.4M)

I personally am having a hard time picking between Zima Blue and Good Hunting for my favorite.

Zima is the obvious front runner for objective best but the animation, designs and characters of Good Hunting really did it for me. Also I have a boner for steam punk and steam punk + Chinese mythology is a fantastic idea

Zima Blue
Good Hunting
Three Robots
Helping Hand
Suits

Didn't watch all of them, I glimpsed through some who seemed less interesting (The Hitler deaths one looked abysmal on every level but I haven't watched even tho I'm probably right ). Wasn't a big fan of the "woke" and self-aware aspect of some.

Best one was Zima Blue, I shed one tear at that one.

Beyond the Aquila was well executed too, even if deserved something a bit longer to let the twist have a bigger impact.

Very heterogeneous overall.

I don't get the love for Zima blue, it was really boring imo. so slooooooow and monotonous.

liked some
thought that others were either bad or had generic stories
2 had stories were pretty sjw garbage.
only really liked the look of 4 really. rest often had weird monster looking "realistic" faces

Haven't finished the whole series but the farming episode has been the only overall good one so far. All the other episodes either have:

>ugh, MEN amirite?
>you know this cartoon is mature because TITS (Witness was still pretty good)
>lol dick jokes

>106570352
Thy first mistake you did is think anyone cares about your opinions, tripfag.
Second mistake is taking the same retarded approach of /t-vpol/
Last one is you being a bitch.

My top 5 in no particular order:
Suits
Sucker of Souls
Shapeshifters
Sonnies edge
Secret War

Normally I'm more of a sci fi guy but the monster stories we're definitely more interesting and fresh in my opinion. While there were some stories I didn't love even my least favorite had pretty great animation so there were none I didn't like. (Ice Age probably lowest on my list)

>haha fuck your opinions I have opinion but mom says I'm special so it's different and I'm RIGHT
grow up.

I hate how any sort of space sci-fi story is now reduced to being video game cinematics trailers, more or less. It's like artist themselves refuse to see the genre further than what Mass effect and Halo did.

You are probably a brainlet high on onions, marvel movies and fortnite montages.

Dude, are you legitimately defending Misha?
The one tripfag responsible for Gravity Falls threads to become the cancer that was /gfg/? The rampant tripfag that makes /tlhg/ stay on trash?
The fucking lolipedo that is making new shows' threads become shit?
You are the one who should grow up and not defend people that don't need defense to their degeneracy.

Attached: 1542332318318.jpg (800x680, 165K)

>you are just too dumb to see it!
the mark of a shit eater realizing he's been sucking shit for too long he can't admit a mistake anymore.

What was the point of the sex scene in Beyond the Aquila Rift ? I think there was a pacing issue despite the good directing.

But I find it unecessary long ? Sure it's pretty hot and the music fits very well, but why ? the sex scene is made like it is pivotal but it's not really, a simple ellipse would have been enough.

Definitely agree on Suits. Simple but great concept executed very well.

In no particular order:
>Zima Blue
>Suits
>Beyond the Aquila Rift
>Fish Night
>The Secret War

The most interesting thing Netflix has ever done

We all agree its the best episode right?

Attached: Zima_Blue.jpg (1600x802, 95K)

Yes.

No

>give me attention guys!
Actually you loved it too.

Liking something and it being the best aren't the same thing.

Well, you are objectively wrong, your opinion is not real.

it was a meme series that was taylor-made for reddit

Maybe

>taylor-made

>the first episode
Felt like some 13 year old's fanfiction desu

>that sex scene in aquila rift
>the song that plays over it

Attached: 757.jpg (1022x547, 57K)

I do not get the praise for Blindspot or Aquila Rift. The only short I loved was Zima Blue. I'm glad there's finally something Robert Valley was involved in that I can say I truly enjoyed. (Though I have yet to see Pear Cider). I don't hate Ice Age but The Little People is still sort of the gold standard for that type of story in my opinion.

As someone who's read a lot of creepypasta, you're right on the money with that.

What episode did you get first?

Netflix has debunked that myth purported in a tweet by that LGBTQ dude.

>Most overrated
Aquila Rift
>Most underrated
Fish Night

The muh rape backstory girl

Fish Night's visuals are among the best but there's like no narrative and relies a bit too much on surrealism as a crutch so I don't think I could put it in my top 5.

I got Secret War first, then Aquila Rift second

The episodes are still randomized though
Ah, I got Aquila Rift first

Attached: soshamefullyfuckingdated.png (641x791, 114K)

Idk, there is an obvious parallel to her nudity and the reveal of the alien at first having the vague silhouette of a nude human body

>literal who: I HAVE AN OPINION
Twitter screencap posters should be gassed.

>no narrative in Fish Night
An old reliable car breaks down in the desert. Old door to door salesman speaks how his job becomes more and more obsolete in this everchanging world and how soon it will disappear like the prehistoric ocean which was in the place of the desert they are currently in. The young guy does not want to accept that the car is dead and repeatedly tries to fix it while the old guy rests in the shade. Kid also doesn't want to believe his job is becoming unnecessary. When the ghosts of fish which died in that place millions of years ago appear, the overoptimistic kid jumps in and he is literally devoured by the past he did not want to let go and still wanted to be part of, while the disillusioned old salesman remains in the real world which may not be as colorful, but which also allows him to go on with his life.

So yeah, it was about change and letting go of the past. Fish Night is a pleb filter.

Or it's just someone who got ate by a shark ghost.

I thought it was just the tale of Icarus just with the sea instead of the sky

Animation-wise I liked it more than any of the CGI ones but the story felt too short to me. When I watch Sci Fi I want to know what happens in the future. Does he inspire other suicides? Does a new Artist/Robot start using a different color? There is all this buildup to the big moment he deconstructs himself but then it just ends too quickly for me.

>toxic masculinity: the post

The short story by Landsdale can be found free to read online, give it a shot and then talk.

I'm not talking about that I'm talking about the short. Do you seriously judge every adaptation by the source material?

fish night sucked
the dump sucked
the witness sucked

How can you judge something as an adaptation without knowing the source material? I mean, sure, you can judge it on it's own and that's fine, but if you find the same themes in both it's safe to assume they were meant to convey the same meaning.

Also the people who made the short confirmed it's about not letting go of the past, so yeah, it is a pleb filter and by no means a simple "the curtains were blue because they were blue".

>pleb taste
>true
>pleb taste

Not a total pleb, but still shit taste.

It being an adaptation doesn't matter.

I liked the garbage doggo monster

the pool tiles were blue because they were blue

Gotta paint the planets blue, bruv.

Its like these people can't feel happiness

dude like what if you killed someone and then looked up and saw the person you killed? and then like they killed you and looked up and saw you?!

duuuuuuuude

Can you repeat the question?

Yes, that was one of two twists in that short. The other one was that the artist wasn't human and missed the simplicity of his younger (childhod) days. Like many people tend to do when they get older.

It's called a time loop. You can turn the plot of any story into stoner gibberish ('Dude, what if he was, like, talking about the sled, man?'), but it doesn't mean it was bad.

Yikes.

>"the story felt too short to me"
>On a collection of short stories
How did you enjoy any of these? I loved the fact not everything is cleared up at the end of every episode, that's why I put Aquila Rift second, the ending was haunting and I loved it.

Also he didn't actually commit suicide, he just returned to his original form. In theory he has the capacity to upgrade himself again.

>I post on Yea Forums
>I dont know who Babs Tarr is

Didn't know I'd be cracking open a fresh can of nu/co/ in this thread

Suits felt like it was written and directed by an AI neural network that was trained on shitty American movies. It's been a while since I've seen such a cliché storm in any medium.
Really enjoyed the anthology as a whole, though.

Best thing to come from Netflix in years.

I think it's a bit overrated but it's still easily among the best if not the best.
>art style/animation
>interesting story
>actually manages to surprise at points which certainly can't be said of most of these
>focused on an interesting topic especially compared to the rest of the shorts
It was good stuff.

>look her up
>literally a nu52 artist
lol

Yes it's supposed to link that the woman was literally the alien. Plus it looked cool and haunting. But that resume the whole episode.
Very well made but, sometimes it just did unnecessary shit like the sex scene. And the pacing suffers from it. The last few seconds were kino tho.

Blindspot was bad, especially compared to the short the creator did 2 years ago...

vimeo.com/190513423

>vimeo.com/190513423
Hah, that was really fun. I gotta say I still like this and Blindspot equally, though for much different reasons. This guy has some insane talent.

Fish Night doesn't get enough love

Damn that was cool, liked it more than Blindspot but I liked BS too.
>that part where he loses his arm
I didn't get the ending though. Did he kill the guy? How come? Does that have anything to do with what happened on his mission? And why didn't he go back for his arm instead of giving up?

Really love Zima's Blue art deco style. Like something you'd find on an Ayn Rand book cover. I must say it's my favorite short out of all of them, I find myself coming back to it constantly.

Attached: 800px-Chicago_world's_fair,_a_century_of_progress,_expo_poster,_1933,_2.jpg (800x1195, 195K)

>it's bad because I ORDER YOU TO BELIEVE AND OBEY OK
Now that's some next level fanaticism

>Like something you'd find on an Ayn Rand book cover
Associating anything with Ayy Rand is not a positive remark

I'm talking more about the cover art on the books since it's probably one of the more well-known uses of the art style in modern culture, than the books themselves.

If you play vidya, check out BioShock. It's an art deco design paradise.

Attached: 7054672affa0b8209ed881c966b02b91.jpg (720x960, 81K)

Yeah, he killed the guy. I think the flashback was suppose to show that he was going to use the X-bot to take over the world. Him killing the map dealer was suppose to show he was a villain, instead of your typical adventurous hero type. Why he didn't go back for his arm, he's an idiot and hubris I suppose.

My top 3:
1. Zima Blue
2. Good hunting
3. Three Robots

Attached: Good-Hunting-Love-Death-and-Robots-Ending-Explained-Yan.jpg (1272x720, 77K)

Besides the serial killer and chinese kitsune episode what other episode had rape?

That makes sense, I thought the vision of him taking over the world was just something he was considering but it being his plan since the start fits better.
Arm thing is still weird though, I think it would've worked much better if it fell off the tower after getting lasered off so that he wouldn't even have a chance to get it back. Would make him giving up at the end make more sense.

I don't understand why it was made... Besides for grown children like us. Most of them feel like edgy children's action shows with occasional nudity so they can say it's "adult".
Also good hunting really put some degenerate fetishes in the mainstream...

Attached: E7A0AA72-0D60-4983-8116-29BE4C14BC97.jpg (900x900, 104K)

> I don't understand why it was made..

The same reason why Heavy Metal was made.

Eh, I liked Blindspot better overall but this one is definitely animated better.

The fox has a pussy. Why am I not surprised.

I wanted to like Good Hunting more than I actually did, and I can’t put my finger on why. Maybe it’s because it feels like technology progresses far too fast. Maybe the sudden gore was just off putting, but that doesn’t really bother me usually. Hard to wrap my head around.

I think my favorite part of LDR threads is when everyone posts their favorite episodes and each list is vastly different

and nearly every one contains Zima Blue. Purest Kino confirmed

What about it being a feminist propaganda piece?

The hand scanner implies it needs a heat signature to pair with the giant x-bot. Severed hand wouldn't produce this anyways.

I don’t see how it is, nor would I particularly care.

Maybe you're a furry like me

It's pussy lines goes all the way to the neck and back.

Ones that could be actual series':
BlindSpot
Three Robots
Sonnies Edge
Suits
ShapeShifters

Blind Spot game WHEN?

You'd think if you wanted to explain a misunderstanding to someone, you wouldn't slowly inch towards them while they're holding a gun only to lung at them and grapple for the gun.
The Witness is beautiful, but the character's actions make my head spin.

Suits felt much more like a pitch for a game than an actual short.

Nothing really. Look I get the Sonnie's Edge and Good Hunting thing but when I hear people outcrying about women getting hurt in any kind of form of media I just think thats the reason why we don't have as many female protagonists.

the art style really reminded me of Megaman Legends

Suits game when

In the original short story, Sonnie's rape story was completely made up. It was to poke fun about how female protagonists keep getting rape backstories.

I get having a female character with a rape background is a cheap way to write a female character (capeshit), but It's kinda ridiculous to denounce 18 episodes just because 2 triggers them. They're completely ignoring the other stories like Suits, Ice Age, Helping Hand, and Lucky 13 which shows pretty confident women.

She literally did nothing wrong

Attached: Beyond-the-Aquila-Rift-Love-Death-and-Robots-Ending-Explained-Greta.jpg (1114x720, 52K)

i mean, she probably could have revealed it to him a little slower. She's capable of creating complex simulations. At the very least she could have shown him a picture of her weird spider body beforehand.

Some of these felt like pilots for actual full series and I'm pretty sad none of those will ever get explored further. Those being Blindspot and Suits in particular, they did a great job of attaching you to a group of endearing characters doing some cool shit.

Attached: 1540145335460.png (540x400, 221K)

Funnier if being female in display was simply for the human to comprehend and comfort with while it's dimensional spider form had no concept of gender.

She really didn't unless she/the hive was fucking with the ships in some way. Sure, you can debate whatever she should just tell the truth or let them be in a wonderful lie, but in the end of the day it makes very little practical diference for the people involved.

This. Where's my farmers with mechs customization/tower defense game?

Zima Blue
Beyond the Aquila Rift
Suits
Lucky 13
The Witness

Factorio is pretty much that, only that you mine and industrialize rather than farm.

>tower defense game
Fuck that, give me a Harvest Moon clone with sci-fi mech fights in between tending crops and raising livestock.

I bet the dream was an augmented one of what was really going on. In other words he fucked that spider... and ate it's slime.

All things considered, yeah. What else could he have done? Somehow kill her in his weak as fuck state with no weapons visible on board? And even if he miraculously did, what next? Try to repair and leave on a critically damaged ship that may not be there at all? So yeah, she was definitely in the right. All that said, she really should have explained it better. I'd also really like to know whether that spider thing was fully conscious and aware of what it was doing and not just doing that shit like some animal just hunting.

It might actually be that, otherwise there would be no need to keep waking the other chick. Still, I think that the episode should have been about 15 minutes longer than what it was.

Shieeeeet, that'd be fuckin awesome. I was just kind of thinking of a Left 4 Dead style game with some Titanfall style mechanics but having that in addition to a fully developed farming system and rpg elements sounds like crack to me.

Attached: 1493237653225.gif (280x358, 3.93M)

I mean at that point I'd rather they just kill me.

>Lucky 13
Criminally underrated imo

>one side hates it because "muh SJWS"
>other side hates it because "muhsogyny"
It'll never get a break, will it?

Nope.

I loved it because it ticks all my buttons, but I understand others who thought it was very predicable or weren't into the CGI.

Fair point, but I don't think it would do that. I doubt it kept Tom (By the way, I turned subtitles on halfway in and I had no fuckin clue his name was actually Thom. Fuck that shit, how was I supposed to knkw that?) out of the goodness of its own heart or anything. It probably needed him alive for whatever dark purpose it had. I also think poor Tom didn't have a choice in the matter anyway. Even if he tried to fight it and lost, it would probably just continue doing whatever it did.

Why does everyone love Zima Blue so much? It was ok animated, nothing special. Story is basically "Muh simple life feels". Nothing new or even that well done.

I think it would have been a great side story in an established universe like say, Halo or Star Wars. But on its own it did little to captivate me.

>I don't understand why it was made...

It's an opportunity for animation studios to flex their stuff and fuck around without executive interference.
I used to work in Burbank and a number of up and comers, alongside studio professionals, would get together every once in a while and create an anthology of shorts much like Love, Death, and Robots for small showings.
The content for some of the showings I've been to have had similar content. Tons of violence and sex, all surprisingly well animated. At the time they mostly served as demos since corporate suits and animators from larger studios often attended. Lots of trading of business cards and information. I see LDR as a higher budget, wider reaching, version of one of those showings. It could open new doors for the smaller studios that participated while extending the reach of the larger ones.

Also this.

I wasn't surprised at all when Blur was credited for a lot of these since they themselves created the show and all. But I was shocked when I saw Sony Pictures Animation credited for Lucky 13. If a damn mainstream studio got in on it, I'd wager it's only because their higher ups wanted that sweet Netflix cash in exchange for letting their animators go wild on their own little pet project.

Hell, I remember seeing this back then and now I realize why Blindspot's style seemed so familiar. Glad to see he's getting up and out there then.

Wishing these /pol/ bait threads would fucking die already.

Attached: 1553298934545.png (196x300, 126K)

Same. Also Suits.

It's not the shows fault it's attracted those autists. Just don't engage them, they're obvious.

It's just a simple story told very well. Sometimes that's all a short needs to be.

what the fuck is happening hear

Post your short stories, Yea Forums.
Let's see if you're better at this than Yea Forums.

Attached: hot-spot-netflix-love-death-robots-content__large.jpg (1920x600, 98K)

>i screencap randos on twitter to shit this board up with outrage inceldom

>rated 9/10 on IMDB, making it one of the best rated series ever
Both of those sides are a very tiny vocal minority.

[folk rock intensifies]

It felt like I was watching a bunch of rejected animated music videos from the 2000s

Three-way tie between Three Robots, Blindspot and Lucky 13

Attached: 1457385469865.jpg (523x489, 91K)

It was originally a Heavy Metal reboot.

i'm still working my way through them, been pretty great all the weirdness included, so far my favorite's are Suits, Sonnies edge, Good Hunting, Three robots and The dump, seriously makes me wish some of these where there own series instead of shorts.

Sonnie's Edge
Zima Blue
Good Hunting
Three Robots
and, I don't know, Blindspot?

Suits felt more like a video game pitch than like an actual cartoon to me.

>Dump
>favorite

frankly i figured someone would have a problem with sonnies edge more than the dump, bet eh i'm a sucker for monster fights and dogs that aren't normal dogs.

source?

>2 years
jesus christ fuck

Attached: timespassesquickly.jpg (240x210, 7K)

>Japan did Ice Age better
The Simpsons did Ice Age better.

About the two Lansdale's shorts: I get the meaning behind Fish Night, but what was the Dump trying to achieve? Was the twist that the dog is not a dog really the kicker of the story? Pretty lame all around.

Attached: 776786876876.jpg (1276x726, 282K)

I haven't watched all of them yet, but...

Sonnie's Edge annoyed me with its "we are badass warrior girls who just want to kill men!" spiel in the beginning, but the big fight was cool and I liked the twist (or twists, I guess) at the end.

Three Robots was cute and funny, but the story was inconsistent and the ending was basically just a dumb Reddit meme.

The Witness was boring and the twist was super predictable though I expected the "loop" to end in her watching herself get killed again instead of the roles being reversed, so I guess there's that. The visual style also didn't click with me.

Suits was like the intro of some video game. Pretty fun, but super generic and predictable action stuff.

Sucker of Souls was just bland as fuck and despite being pretty much one big action scene it bored me.

When the Yoghurt Took Over was a vaguely amusing idea made into a boring and pointless cartoon.

Beyond the Aquila Rift was actually pretty good. There's not much in terms of story, but I liked the twist and it wasn't too heavily telegraphed.

Good Hunting felt like someone had tried to make a Saturday Morning cartoon except make it edgier by adding tits and violence. Inconsistent story, bland black-and-white "muh colonialism" morality... Not really my thing.

The Dump was just lame. I liked the animation style, but the story (such as it is) has nothing at all going for it.

Shape-Shifters was just entirely meh. Cool action scene, but not much else.

Helping Hand was boring, but at least I appreciate having some basic physics in my sci-fi. Also it reminded meof Planetes, which is great. I didn't like how the main character was just fine in the end after literally ripping off her own arm.

Fish Night was all style, zero substance or story. But at least it looked cool.

Lucky 13 was pretty cool. Super predictable, but still cool. I had expected them to play up the "the plane is alive!" angle more, but it's a good thing they didn't.

Attached: OK6W_koKDTOqqqLDbIoPAgLD1ssW7G8xPGwX6j6W7yU.jpg (1024x768, 168K)

Little civilizations grow on their faces. They start at caveman level and work their way up the tech tree. The left and right cheek civs hate each other and the left struck first.

Read the file name.

she should have explained it a bit better before shitting

>okay..before I drop the illusions.... you want a imaginary coffee or anything? something to help calm your nerves?
>10 minutes of detailed explanation later
>yeah so pretty much when i drop this illusion its gonna look like you are in biblical hell. Like a meteorite covered in tendons also as I mentioned before I am the giant butt-headed spider monster thats chilling in the corner. do NOT freak out or try and attack me or anything and Ill try not to make any sudden movements okay?
>REMEMBER. its gonna be really bad so take your time and try to comprehend the situation. If I wanted to kill and eat you I probably could've done so by now yeah? so ya know... okay. Im dropping the illusion on the count of ten. Are you ready? 10...9...8..

I would've loved to see a interaction less dramatic and more grounded in typical human dialog.

honestly i think its kinda great that these shorts are bringing in discussion and debate of all kinds

there was a game like that on miniclip or some game site I used to play.

I think it was called Xeno-something. Literally just a tower defence game where you plop down a shitload of turrets to obliterate incoming Xenomorphs. super fun game.

you had like missile turrets, tesla coil turrets, normal turrets and lots of other shit

I found some Rookie lewd but it's on Twatter.

Thom wasn't in the mood for calm explanations.

>I had expected them to play up the "the plane is alive!" angle more

this

what was the point of "each ship has its own personality" and showing the viewer that the ship is pretty much a self-aware AI like HAL9000?

I was honestly expecting a asspull ending just like TitanFall where she recovers the personality core and has it installed into a new ship or something. also yeah. it was pretty much the story of TitanFall but with Army Heli-jets

But that is the way of social outrage now. It doesn't matter how good everything else is, if there is one thing that disturbs them then the whole thing is bad.

Did someone make edgy jokes or content when they were younger and it was socially acceptable? Better destroy their career now.

That is just a seam.

she had him in a illusion.
not like the dude had much of a choice. She could just snap her fingers and put him in a straightjacket or something.

I would give him like 20 minutes maybe 30minutes to calm down (humans cant stay angry forever. Its literally impossible because anger runs off of a finite chemical our body produces). Once he had calmed down I would explain to him the nature of his predicament.

better yet using my illusion powers show him in-real time what I am and how my species came to be/ how he arrived ect like some huge 4D theater experience

It's funny how a short like Sonnie's Edge manages to trigger people on both extremes, just because they focus on one aspect to the exclusion of all else. Tumblr is mad because "oh no a woman is getting hurt and she talks about being raped!" and /pol/ is mad because "oh no it's a man-hating lesbian who beats up men!"

100% correct.

Speaking of twists, I think I loved Zima Blue even more was because I was already bracing myself for an awful twist... halfway through the shirt, after seeing the lenghts Zima went to discover his place in the universe, I was certain his final piece, his master plan, would've been a bullshit doomsday - universe killing machination that would turn the galaxy into a blue canvas.

Instead, no, the twist is actually weirdly wholesome and hopeful.

Attached: 44564657.jpg (1600x796, 177K)

You're not the boss of me.

>literal CHROME DOME

black people really are ancient ayy's that created the human race?

sonnie's edge overall story is fine but every line of the dialog incredible is bad

>LIVING IN THE SHADOWS

It was interesting how animators were there to showcase their skills and have fun. In one hand they have creative freedom but you could really tell that sometimes they didn't know when to stop, and the finals product suffers from it. That's why you get unnecessary and heavy handed gore, some dubious message where it's really the director talking to the audience.

In the other hand you have shit like
>we have carte blanche for a netflix project
>let's kill Hitler lol

In the end, it's the creative freedom the studios were granted who held most of them back.

This. It's bad because it opens with poorly delivered THIS IS MY BACKSTORY exposition, and it ends with poorly delivered THIS WAS MY KEKEIKU exposition.

Interestingly, the story it was based on didn't have the rape background stuff at all. IIRC she almost got killed in a car accident, not raped and cut up by thugs.

Attached: SecondChanceAtEden.jpg (248x402, 26K)

>Interestingly, the story it was based on didn't have the rape background stuff at all. IIRC she almost got killed in a car accident, not raped and cut up by thugs.
She claims to be raped to throw her opponents off, then reveals at the end it was a lie and her real Edge is being inside the monster. It's basically a joke/deconstruction on how female character must totally have a horrible trauma in their life to justify the fact they're killing machines.

Found the newfag. Lurk more, or even better go neck yourself

>on how female character must totally have a horrible trauma in their life to justify the fact they're killing machines.

for me 90% of the time theres a female killing machine in a movie its literally because they were raised to be.
>Hanna
>Black Widow

incredibly boring dreck, all of it, like watching something written by a bottom of the class philosophy major.

There's no indication that the rape was a lie.

The part that was a lie is that she's driven by hate (of men), when she's really driven by fear (of getting her "real" body killed).

>There's no indication that the rape was a lie.
I was talking about the original short story where it was outright stated there was no rape, she suffered a car crash and smashed herself to pieces.

The short story also hammers in the "rape" even more then show did so...

Someone asked about the theme of Lucky 13 last thread but it was long dead by the time I finished the series so I'll throw it at you instead even though it's maybe not exactly what you were asking. I'm pretty sure the short was about different perspectives on fortune or luck, and the "personality" of the ships were what the pilots imprinted on them through their own experiences with them. Cooper (that was her name, right?) thought of it the same as everyone else at first, a deathtrap that was cursed to kill it's entire crew, until she used her own luck and skills to escape a bad situation. The confidence in the craft that it gave her probably bolstered her own skill (though it was definitely also a shitton of luck I'm sure), and because she believed it was the craft she could believe in something other than herself to make it through whatever was thrown at her.

The perception of luck thing didn't really show up again until Lucky 13's last mission, where faulty systems from it being an old, outdated model (the seatbelt getting stuck stopping her from being where the cannon blast ripped through seconds earlier, the self destruct being faulty and delaying itself JUST long enough to take out the entire enemy forces that all very conveniently decided to hug it like it was the biggest and shiniest red explosive barrel they'd ever seen) were then percieved as the last brave efforts of a seasoned fighter. The constant camera views were likely a fakeout to make us think it WAS going to be a sapient machine, but in the end it was just an old dropship with non-sentient AI subsystems that would be useless without a pilot at the helm.

Also that was like three times as much as I was gonna write, damn.

From the thumbnail I thought it was Tron Uprising.

Give me their addresses. ALL OF THEM. These rednecks will not live to make another tweet.

Why the fuck are they talking like 5-8 year olds who never learned proper English? Are they fucking roleplaying? They must be roleplaying, nobody talks like a 1 dimensional thot. I can already imagine their voices.

Nice, I like these talks.
>all very conveniently decided to hug it like it was the biggest and shiniest red explosive barrel they'd ever seen
That was very convenient but in fairness I could believe that they were used to pilots detonating ships in situations like that, and since 13 hadn't gone off yet they thought the ship's self destruct was either not working or the pilot didn't set it. It's not the biggest bullshit for me to buy.

They debunked that it was based on anything. It's still true that there are multiple episode orders.

Same design guy.

Beyond the Aquila Rift
Three Robots
Zima Blue
Lucky 13
Ice Age

The Witness, Helping Hand, Fish Night, and When the Yoghurt Took Over were pretty good too. I also really want that Alternate Histories app.

>no "there are tactical nukes going off in my refrigerator" line
Automatically inferior.

Netflix has never and will never do/done anything good.

It had great animation and word building and a pretty interesting story.

The only "flaw" I can think of it's that the story, while pretty cool, just got narrated to us, I wouldn't have minded more character interactions.

Suits is my favorite as well.

Suits
Zima Blue
Good Hunting
When the Yogurt took Over
Beyond the Aquila Rift

Fish Night
Lucky 13
Helping Hand
The Dump
Shape Shifters
Sonnie’s Edge
The Secret War

Blind Spot
Witness
Three Robots

Sucker of Souls
Alternate histories
Ice Age

Attached: love-death-and-robots-suits-600x300.png (600x300, 210K)

I wouldn't say the sex scene was unnecessary. The alien was trying to care for its "guests" and connect with them as well as it could, and giving them pleasure and intimacy through sex was part of it.

Which one gets better with multiple watches, which one gets worse?

Reminded me of The Twilight Zone, just imagine the same stuff but WWII and it would be text book Serling. Which is why I like it a lot.

Better: Beyond the Aquila Rift, The Witness

Worse: Suits (it's incredibly generic and it becomes really noticeable), Soul Suckers

I personally think Sonnies Edge had the biggest potential to run itself as an actual show , three robots was cut but cat take over ending killed it for me, dracula short was animated great, the chase,kill loop literally made me wanna stop watching with how it put the random gimp club thing in, rest of them were pretty good

boards.fireden.net/co/thread/106587016/#q106587223
It’s not about the fuck men part retard. It’s rape as motivation, being cut into and feeling so numb to pain I walk around barefoot on glass cringe.

This is shadow the hedgehog with akimbo guns bit even worse.

I was really surprised to see Fish Night. I have a book with the original short story in it

Prey also has nice art deco

I just watched Beyond the Aquila Rift
Why do you incels think this is good, I understood the plot less than 5 minutes in
Every webcomic does this, the creepy alien waifu trick

The reveal of the alien from the feminine silhouette to the full body is just really memorable.

Attached: Toby_Flenderson_promo_picture.jpg (258x387, 17K)

>People complain about violence against women
>They don't realize that the women all rise up against their oppressors and seek revenge and they GET revenge

It's almost like they forgot that characters need adversity to overcome

Attached: 1535954340515.jpg (451x359, 20K)

I liked Suits because even though some of it was cliche, the whole thing felt oddly sincere. Just some country guys who love their families and fight aliens with mecha. No subversion, no edginess, no constant snarky dialogue. It's a very pure short.

On the other hand blind spot was obviously made by a computer algorithm, and was cliche in all the worst ways.

I think it is because it tried to be too many things at once. Is it about racism against fox spirits? Is it about technological advancement affecting the natural world? Is it colonialism? Is it steampunk Ghost in the Shell? They needed to pick a concept and stick with it because they didn't have much time.

Silly boy, women are perfect, they can't be hurt by pathetic men

have sex

I think anyone who's ever developed an emotional attachment to a vehicle can identify what Colby goes through. You start to imprint a personality on the vehicle and anthropomorphize it, its operational quirks become 'moods', its faulty operation becomes a 'tantrum', you start thinking of a tune-up as less about fixing mechanical issues and more about making the vehicle 'feel better', and so on.

And then something happens - maybe the car starts breaking down on the road but keeps going long enough for you to get to home, or you're in a terrible accident that totals the car but lets you walk away with minor injuries, or something of that miraculous nature, and you can't help but wonder whether, like us, it was more than the sum of its parts.

How did they made better graphic than the mouse?

My problem with Good Hunting is that's it's 100% exposition. You are told literally everything even though the visuals tell the story anyway.

It's not her true body, retard. The point is that while the other players play out their edgy fantasies in the ring with their monster avatars, her monster avatar is her human self and the monster is the real her.

It was almost entirely complete shit. The most egregiously bad one was the animated one with the fox girl.

The themes are muddled and counter to one another (tech made magic go away - but it's also super cool lol robots!), huge chunks of it are completely unnecessary (the entire intro), or weird (why did you draw a child fox-girl's pussy?), the animation itself is poor (lol wandering eyes), it's just terrible top to bottom.

Sucker of Souls was well done.

Alternate Histories was a neat idea, but ironically I think it played it too safe by just repeating the 'let's kill Hitler in some wacky way' shtick over and over. I think it would have been a lot funnier if the historical scenarios themselves got more and more ridiculous. Like they set up a great example at the end with the 'what if Lincoln shot first?' gag - that should have been the whole short, just crazy fucking historical gags

I don't get it either, seeing women--or anyone else for That matter--gain victory over an oppressor is cathatric. Abusers deserve the rope and their victims should be the ones hanging them

Bingo. Her copilot even tells her that pilots are a superstitious bunch, i. e. liable to see intent where there is none. Her colleagues got into two bad scrapes and decided the plane was unlucky, while Colby had a string of successes and developed an opposite type of superstition.

My issue with Blind Spot is that Rookie doesn't do anything. In most stories the new guy ends up saving the day in the end/at the last minute. Instead everything in the story is accomplished by "I just turned 8 and discovered bad words" bot.

>Good Hunting
Why did they keep meeting just to go "yeah both of us would be better off together. Ok bye!"

Why did the John buy an organic prostitute to turn her into a robot if his whole thing was a fetish for robots. Just buy a robot.

Why did they bother making a fucking robotic head for her that looks exactly like her normal head

Why did she think the chinese dude could do absolutely anything at all for her

What was the point of giving her a mechanical super form if she's just going to go around murdering randos instead of getting revenge

WHY DID THE ARTISTS DRAW A CHILD'S VAGINA FOR NO REASON

Women can't deal with being treated as equals to men. In fiction or otherwise. Simple as that.
And feminists in turn want to eat and keep the cake.

>the animation of good hunting really did it for me
Did it, now? Really?

Attached: DERP.png (844x617, 542K)

I know wandering facial features and huge drops in framerate are what I look for in animation

Attached: beingaskrulltakesmoretalentthanthis.png (1032x645, 781K)

Rape as a backstory is a very old and overdone cliché for female characters, so the criticism does have some merit. Not that it automatically makes the short bad, though.

Assuming we're talking about Good Hunting, she wasn't raped.

It's also a very very bad short, for totally unrelated reasons.

>being a burger
little girls have vaginas irl user
It's not something exclusively being slapped on by pedos for sexual purposes, as you seem to think. It is a very real thing.

I was talking about the backlash.
It was heavily implied. And even if she wasn't strictly speaking she was metaphorically so.

Nudity in an animation is fine

Pointless child nudity when it doesn't even make sense just makes me think the artists were jacking off while animating

>It was heavily implied
No it wasn't, she was literally a prostitute. What they did was forcibly replace her body parts.

Then she decided to move on by visiting her old friend(?) so he could help her murder people who had nothing to do with what happened to her.

Good Hunting is broken on pretty much every level except the base pitch.

Nudity makes perfect sense in the absence of clothes. Animals don't wear clothes, user. So it's a nice touch for a person that is also a fox.

>What they did was forcibly replace her body parts.
Yes, for what purpose do you think?

Just watch the witness the style reminds me a lot of spiderverse

The initial concept that the short sets up - "boy befriends a spirit who loses her powers as technology replaces magic in the world" was really cool and you could have done so much with that, but it doesn't really explore that concept as much as it ought to and instead focuses most of its attention on the cringe-inducing 'colonialism = rape' analogy.

Same animators IIRC

>No it wasn't, she was literally a prostitute. What they did was forcibly replace her body parts.
As ordered by the guy who could only get off to fucking machines. What do you think happened to her when she got rebuilt and was at her captors' mercy?
>Then she decided to move on by visiting her old friend(?) so he could help her murder people who had nothing to do with what happened to her.
She started targeting the same kind of people - assholes who get off to torture and humiliation of innocent people.

>Why did they keep meeting just to go "yeah both of us would be better off together. Ok bye!"
Probably she would rather be a fox than a human and he was okay with that.
>Why did the John buy an organic prostitute to turn her into a robot if his whole thing was a fetish for robots. Just buy a robot.
He is a rich asshole that wanted something unique. What I don't understand is that couldn't they just take her brain and put it into a robot body. There was no need to chop her up.
>Why did they bother making a fucking robotic head for her that looks exactly like her normal head
Maybe he only gets off to robotic bodies but not robotic faces
>Why did she think the chinese dude could do absolutely anything at all for her
Because of prior visits
>What was the point of giving her a mechanical super form if she's just going to go around murdering randos instead of getting revenge
She already got revenge when she killed the fat guy
>WHY DID THE ARTISTS DRAW A CHILD'S VAGINA FOR NO REASON
Because there is no network censors to tell them not to. Besides it wasn't like they put it in your face like they did with the fat guy's 4in dick and balls.

>Nudity makes perfect sense in the absence of clothes
>animals don't wear clothes duh
You realize that she's furry in that scene, right? They literally draw it over the fur.

>for what purpose do you think
Are you retarded? She signed up to get fucked. That was her job. She didn't sign up to become a cyborg. This is basic shit that apparently the short failed to convey to you.

>she stared targeting the same kind of people
Literally all we see is her go out hunting with no one at all in mind and then stumble on a cartoonish alleyway build up to rape, presumably to super-murder the guys involved.

Again: the elevator pitch for the short works just fine, but absolutely every single aspect of its implementation is completely fucked.

>Probably she would rather be a fox than a human and he was okay with that.
Except no, she explicitly lives as a human the entire short. She even talks about how at a certain point she loses any ability to transform.

>He's a rich asshole that wanted something unique
Doesn't really explain anything at all.
>Why didn't they take her brain and put it into a robot body
....they did, did you miss Pei Wei working on her head casing?

>maybe he only gets off to bodies not faces
...then why replace the head at all

>because of prior visits
From when he was just a regular fucking engineer and didn't have retarded magic robot powers?

>she already got revenge
Right, so there's no motivation left at all to do any of this for either of them.

>because censors didn't tell them no!
That's not a reason

That's your analogy, brainlet. What connects colonialism and rape is the base assumption - that other people exist for your pleasure and you can brutally abuse and exploit them simply because you want something. They are not the same thing, but they stem from the same self-absorbed callousness and cruelty.

>I would've loved to see a interaction less dramatic and more grounded in typical human dialog.
Joss Whedon was a mistake

This. You could have done so much with the idea - seeing the friendship between the two develop and become strained over the years, the spirit's increasing frustration and depression as technology drains the world and creatures like her of magic, and a more interesting philosophical argument over whether "progress" (be it technological or social) is inherently good or not and justifies the things lost along the way.

OW!! FUCK!!

My eyes just rolled so hard I think I pulled a muscle.

>I had expected them to play up the "the plane is alive!" angle more, but it's a good thing they didn't.
Agreed. The fact that it's deliberately left ambiguous makes it work much better.

>Are you retarded? She signed up to get fucked. That was her job. She didn't sign up to become a cyborg. This is basic shit that apparently the short failed to convey to you.
Rape and Violation can be inflicted in ways other than sex is the point he was making, which has been a thing in fiction forever. Especially in the case of Body Horror where a person is forcible transformed into something they did not wish to, which she did not sign up for.

>You realize that she's furry in that scene, right? They literally draw it over the fur.
Are you gonna pretend you don't see a vagina in pic related?
>Are you retarded? She signed up to get fucked. That was her job. She didn't sign up to become a cyborg. This is basic shit that apparently the short failed to convey to you.
Yes and after they forcefully fucking sawed her legs off he payed her to have sex and she would've obviously agreed, because he's such a decent, conscientious guy. YOU are fucking retarded.

Attached: 50583818_2211140385613223_3620224197835321610_n.jpg (640x640, 78K)

>Except no, she explicitly lives as a human the entire short. She even talks about how at a certain point she loses any ability to transform.
Are you retarded? She stopped transforming because the magic died off and she got stuck as a human. When she gained the ability to transform again, she went back to being a fox.
>From when he was just a regular fucking engineer and didn't have retarded magic robot powers?
She knew he had a knack for machines and she had nobody else to turn to. Does the word "desperation" ring any bells for you?
>Right, so there's no motivation left at all to do any of this for either of them.
Breaking news: Bruce catches his parents' killer, spends the rest of his life chilling on a beach. Welcome to avenger stories, user.

TL;DR: There's nothing wrong with the short, but you are a bona fide idiot.

>There's nothing wrong with the short
There's a LOT of things wrong with the short.

It had some that could be a great series or a movie.

I swear some anons don't even process what they watch anymore due to their anger and shitpost addiction.

>From when he was just a regular fucking engineer and didn't have retarded magic robot powers?
Or you could assume she met with him more than just those two times.

>Right, so there's no motivation left at all to do any of this for either of them.
She want to hunt the people who would do this to other women. Same type of motivation a vigilante would have

>That's not a reason
I don't see why not. I think most artist would draw all character anatomically correct if given a chance. It's better than thinking is their fetish to draw pussies and dicks on characters

>there's nothing wrong with Good Hunting
Even if you were right about every single point brought up there, which you're not, everything is wrong with Good Hunting. Even the animation is shit.

see:

>Or you could assume she met with him more than just those two times.
Why the fuck would I assume that when it was neither shown nor told? Now you're literally saying "It works in my headcanon!"

>She wants to hunt down da bad peoplez bcuz she knows wut hurt iz :'(
Fucking please

>why not draw a completely superfluous pussy on a child?
It's time to leave Yea Forums

>TL;DR: There's nothing wrong with the short, but you are a bona fide idiot.
I liked the short, but you'd have to be a fucking bona fide idiot not to notice that it has some serious technical and narrative problems.

>AAAH!!! A VAGINA!!! WON'T ANYBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!
YOU leave. Back to tumblr.

>her motivation is as silly and paper-thin as a capeshit hero
>less so in fact
>this is a good thing

Attached: akanewalkinggarbage.jpg (853x480, 76K)

>The consensus between all kinds of artists and animators I follow is that Zima Blue is the only real gem of them all.
Brain Damage must be going around like the flu

>WHY DID THE ARTISTS DRAW A CHILD'S VAGINA FOR NO REASON
Genitals are an anatomical landmark. Anatomical landmarks are important for drawing/animating, because they help keep track of perspective and poses. So there's your reason.

>I can't keep track of hip placement without drawing a vagina
cool story, bro, I totally believe you are an artist skilled in figure drawing.

>Why the fuck would I assume that when it was neither shown nor told? Now you're literally saying "It works in my headcanon!"
Because it is odd to assume she never talked to him after their first encounter especially since he is her only friend in that city that knows who she truly is and understands her.

>She wants to hunt down da bad peoplez bcuz she knows wut hurt iz :'(
>Fucking please
Just because you don't like the motivation don't make it bad.

>child
She's a teenager at the worst.

Never claimed to be an artist, but if you really need to pretend you won an internet fight to feel good about yourself, I won't stop you

I bet you think the animation in The Secret of Kells is shit too.

Don't confuse design for animation.
Kells sport very basic animation.

>it's odd not to fill in massive gaps in a bad story with baseless assumptions
Yeah, starting to get why you think Good Hunting was anything but awful.

The Witness, Suits, and Sucker of Souls are the only good shorts

>The Witness, Suits, and Sucker of Souls are the only good shorts
You have the taste of a 13 year old raised entirely on video games.

In this Order:
Sucker of Souls
Suits
Three Robots
Blind Spot
Secret War

THIS IS DEFINITIVE.

>Sucker of Souls
that shit was mediocre, the only action short that bored me

>Alright Fred, this is our first recording session on Sucker of Souls!
>Glad to be here! Any direction for my character?
>Yeah, just do Soldier 76 with zero variation. That works.

Attached: 1552744371045.png (285x267, 148K)

Attached: OBS.webm (700x384, 2.85M)

>saying this while defending Good Hunting
The irony is so thick you can taste it

I liked it a lot. Most of them have great concepts. Some are executed masterfully, some are done badly.
There are only 3 bad shorts so in general, I think this was a success. Hopefully, this pushes for more adult animation that doesn´t suck ass.

Yeah, easily the best looking one.

>good cinematography
I was not expecting competent work in this collection

If it was the same guy who plays S76 I honestly couldn't tell.

I don´t think it should be a kids show, but if it had to, I think all that dismemberment would be alright since, in the end, the characters are fine. These characters can die horrible deaths and it would be alright because they will come back later in the episode.

Zima Blue
BlindSpot
Suits
Good Hunting
Three Robots
I know people don´t like 3 robots but I found that one to be very funny and charming. It was a short basically about nothing but I really enjoyed the characters.
The creator seems to be down on making a tv show with those guys, and I would love that shit.

Attached: love-death-three-robots-1552333863187_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

You're the one shitting on everything that isn't a videogame chase scene or an iOS tower defense game.

>I get the meaning behind Fish Night
What was it? Because honestly, while the animation was beautiful, I didn´t understand the point of it. The ending just seemed too sudden.

It's a cautionary tale. We all have an inner wish to break free from our human boundaries but doing so would also leave us vulnerable and might lead to our demise.

Just chiming in to say Zima Blue and Good Hunting are my favorites of the collection.

And no arrogant little fuck nugget on an image board is going to convince me my fun is wrong.

If they got rid of the female robot, it would’ve been great.

Definitely. This anthology had fun shorts and great concepts, but this is the only one that had a fantastic story. Every other short has at least some flaw in the story, but Zima Blue has none. It´s a masterpiece.
I wish Netflix put this one as the last one because it would be the best way to end this anthology. Civil War was meh and didn´t feel like an ending, while this one very much does.

Man, this thread is just full of hot takes.

>HAHAHA SHE SHOT HIM IN THE DICK!!! XD

>I know people don´t like 3 robots but I found that one to be very funny and charming.
Going by IMDB ratings, it's actually one of the most popular. The lowest ranked shorts are The Dump, Blind Spot, and Sucker of Souls.

Normies are insufferable.

user that's Sucker of Souls.

And I didn't particularly care for that one outside of a kind of neat take on "vampires as lovecraftian horror"

It's either this () or a metaphor how the "ghosts of the old world" eventually crushed the guy who couldn't let that world go.

Holy shit you're actually serious

Suits was just fun but The Witness is the only actually good cinematography in the whole goddammed collection. You wouldn't know good film if it bit you in the ass.

Attached: i-came-here-to-laugh-at-you-19294763.png (500x522, 113K)

I'm pretty fucking pissed that this is the biggest reaction from this show, and I'm afraid that´s going to be the image this anthology will be set on for the public. Mostly because IT´S NOT FUCKING TRUE.
These episodes have violence against women:
>Sonnie´s Edge
>The Witness
>Good Hunting
3 out of 18 FUCKING SHORTS. And only in one of them, it´s done in a tasteless way.
And when you really think about it, this anthology has mostly badass women characters. In Sucker of Souls, Suits, Blind Spot, Good Hunting, Lucky 13, Helping Hand female characters are strong and independent, just like these idiots want.
Beyond the Aqua Rift has a twist with its chick and Ice Age+Three Robots has funny female characters.
The truth is most of these people have only seen "The Witness" and "Sonnie´s Edge" which are some of the worst shorts in this anthology. It´s a damn shame.

Attached: Love Death and Robots 01.jpg (2486x1240, 166K)

>everyone saying they liked the Witness
Why tho? Witness was baby's first student film tier. There isn't a single good line of dialog. The ADR was god awful. There is almost no animation to speak of. They literally just filmed in their apartment buildings and the streets outside, and they didn't even use good actors. It has to rely on weird freakish hypefetish sex to be memorable. and the "big twist" ending was predictable.

Yeah, there was some interesting cinematography, but the pacing is just way too fucking hyperactive. It's like the director is trying to shove every fucking trick he learned this semester into 2 minutes, and it all just comes off as shallow flashyness

The Witness had the best cinematography and it really showed that it was directed by a person who worked on Spiderverse.

It's the "almost everything else" that kind of fell flat.

It was a dig at Sucker of Souls, genius. It's literally a videogame level - get chased by an overpowered boss, defeat him with a QTE, and then run into a room with a bunch of mobs.

I guess the problem with Fish Night is that its message isn´t clear because of how short it was. The ending was incredibly abrupt and it genuinely felt like they cut it out before the real ending happened.

>There is almost no animation to speak of. They literally just filmed in their apartment buildings and the streets outside, and they didn't even use good actors
The fact that you couldn't tell it was purely animation is either a testament to the skill involved in the work or you're completely retarded.

Let's just say both.

Attached: e93.jpg (680x419, 26K)

>The Dump, Blind Spot, and Sucker of Souls.
Sucker of Souls I get, even if I kind of like it. The Dump as well.
But why the fuck is Blind Spot so hated? What the fuck is wrong with a cool ass heist alongside cool robots kicking ass?
I don´t get the hate for this one. I loved it.

Attached: love-death-and-robots-blind-spot-600x300.png (600x300, 187K)

It seems that Sonnie's Edge -> Three Robots -> The Witness is the most common order of the shorts, so she probably got those, saw that two out of three were about sexual violence, and wrote a mad post. That doesn't make her right, but social media pretty much runs on people jumping to conclusions and then fuming about it.

>people talking up Zima Blue
>the story has no flaws!
>black dude likes blue, draws murals with blue shapes in space
>replaces everything in his body
>lol turns out I was a pool cleaning robot
>K bye
Yeah..uh...great story guys, "flawless"

My issue with sucker of souls is how it was sold. The description was this:
>Unleashed by an archaeological dig, a bloodthirsty demon battles a team of mercenaries armed with... cats?
I thought that it was gonna be this action-packed short with cats as weapons, but they only use the cats once. That was an incredible disappointment because I expected a funny scene where these hard-ass mercenaries used cats to kill Dracula.

So you're incapable of seeing a well-animated bit of action without going ERMAGERD ITS JUST LIKE MY JAPANESE VIDEO GAMES but the other user is the one who plays them too much

Sure thing, boss.

It´s not just that though because I saw a review about a guy who saw the whole thing and yet he said the exact same thing. It especially hurt because its a critic I really like.
The criticism of there being too much violence against women is just not true. Too much nudity? Maybe, but not violence against women.
I blame Netflix for this honestly. They should not have put 2 out of 3 shorts with female violence first.

Attached: Untitled-3.png (800x445, 170K)

I guess because it feels like an episode of an ordinary kid's cartoon, only with a few extra swear words. The art and animation were nothing special, so it doesn't really have anything going for it.

Agreed. I liked it a lot, but it needed another minute or two at the end.

I can see why because those shorts made it clear that the anthology wasn't pulling punches. You have to look at it from a marketing viewpoint and not an identity politic one like those critics seem to be doing. Also despite the whining from the usual suspects the Anthology has been largely well received.

Feminism is bound to implode one of these days. These shorts are perfectly aligned with their ideology yet they attack them.

>"Rape culture is a thing!"
>Piece of media reflects this sentiment
>"AAAHH what kind of scum made this!?!"

>"Females shouldn't be ashamed of their bodies!"
>Female bodies are shown
>"UGH how tasteless"

>"We want strong female protagonists!"
>Female character experiences hardship
>"Wtf it's like they enjoy seeing women suffer!"

They pretend to be strong and pretend they are unbothered by sex but their inherent prudishness and safespace mentality gets in the way.

I´ve seen some hate towards Shape-Shifters but goddamn, that fight between the werewolves was fucking awesome. The way the main villain dies was fucking brutal, and I don´t think I´ve seen a werewolf die like that ever before.

Attached: Untitled-7.png (800x445, 102K)

>There is almost no animation to speak of
user you need your eyes checked. Get prescription glasses or contacts.

>Also despite the whining from the usual suspects the Anthology has been largely well received.
Good, because we need more of these. Hopefully, if they ever do a season 2 they learn from the misses they had so that they can make even better shorts next time.
I will agree on the criticism that some shorts had sex just to have them and for nothing else. Sucker of Souls had cats fucking for no reason other than "hey, it´s an adult cartoon!". So maybe next time the shorts shouldn´t have sex on them unless it´s needed.
Also, I would like it if there´s a different theme for each season. Instead of Love, Death, and Robots, it could be "Hate, Marriage and Aliens" (or something like that, I don´t know) and then a different one for the next season.
I just don´t want Netflix to look down on this project just because there are babies whining about it on twitter.
(deleted the last post because I fucking contradicted myself)

Attached: Fish-Night-Love-Death-and-Robots-Ending-Explained.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

It was the best werewolf fight I'd seen in a long time. Lately they've all been weak ass slap fights or a mess of quick edits.

Artists are famous for having shit opinions. They need to draw, draw some more, and never speak. Any time they open their mouth, shit spews out and it blows up in their face. Artists, take it from someone who's been in the industry long enough to see some fine folk get cut down, please shut the fuck up and just draw.

>Also, I would like it if there´s a different theme for each season. Instead of Love, Death, and Robots, it could be "Hate, Marriage and Aliens" (or something like that, I don´t know) and then a different one for the next season.
It would also be nice is they managed to stick to the themes. Just a little bit of consistency.

I'm not opposed to showcases and I definitely want more sci-fi, but most of these are really just a sci-fi coat of paint or full on fantasy. All of them are pretty shallow.

I just want some quality control

It feels like they put the title AFTER they finished all the shorts. Like it was produced as "Untitled Anthology Adult Cartoon Project" and only after it was over they had the title ready. It´s probably why the main title has such simplistic images.
There definitely needs some quality control to purge the bad ones.

It's modern day outrage culture, cultivated through social media, using some moral movement as an excuse for stupid behavior. There are no "victories" because victory means an end to hostilities, and these people thrive on hostility. Whether it be for attention or because they're sociopaths.

More like, they decided it should be about robots halfway through.

>if you lobotomize yourself, you can indeed go home again
>a masterpiece.
nah, fuck that

I wouldn't mind seeing a Shape-Shifters series.
It would be like a military-set "Being Human"

If that's all you were able to take away from that story, I can't help you.

Sounds like Sucker of Souls or The Secret War is more your speed.

>taking the bait

It is unironically the best werewolf fight put into screen.
Unfortunate that it had to come from some Netflix anthology

I'm sorry but "a girl made a wall scrubber then turned it into a self-aware AI and then later it lobotomized itself" is not deep or interesting. Like every other concept in the entire anthology it is incredibly weak and shallow. It merely bears the pretense of depth.

Could be a Netflix series for all I care.
The people behind that short got some talent!

That's not what it was about. The guy saw a lot, achieved a lot, and finally retired/went to rest by going back to his origins.

I'd love a full-fledged series based on Shape Shifters or Three Robots.

yes

Are there any differences? Any explanation to what goes down??

It wasn´t about that. It was about how despite all the fame he had, the moments where he was happiest was when he was a pool cleaner. Fame and being a genius don´t automatically make you happy. Some of those people would prefer a simple, quiet life, with a clear purpose.

It was about no matter how you improve and change yourself, you'd always be a "pool cleaner".
Hence all the blue shit he was subconsciously putting on his works.

Zima Blue
Suits
Sucker of Souls
Blindspot
The Dump

>That's not what it was about
Pretty sure it was about the robit, user
>it was about all he had seeeen maaaan
Sure would've been nice to take the journey with him in that case rather than told it over a few clips.

Zima Blue was a whole lot of nothing

>The guy saw a lot, achieved a lot, and finally retired/went to rest by going back to his origins.
I disagree, or at least I don't think that it works that way. The impetus for putting the blue squares in his work was a dissatisfaction with his existence or nostalgia for his simpler life as a pool cleaner. Increasing first their size in his works and eventually the scale of his art itself to accommodate ever increasing amounts of blue was an attempt to embrace the nostalgia but it's not enough because he's not that simple pool cleaner anymore. That unto itself is a pretty standard trope; "Don't you know you can't go home again?" et al. My problem is the implication of the story that, with adequate means or will, you can go back to those simpler times,. Keep in mind I don't think that Zima Blue is bad I just think that the ending emphasizing the triumph of nostalgia in his return to being a pool cleaning robut was poor.

>Fame and being a genius don´t automatically make you happy
That's exactly my takeaway from the episode and my problem with it. It's a straight forward and enthusiastic embrace of nostalgia and I dislike that.

>he was subconsciously putting on his works.
How the fuck do you subconsciously make a blue square larger than the moon?

That interpretation is fine, but there's very little to actually support it. In fact there's little to support any interpretatiom because of the sheer lack of content in the short.

>sucker of souls
Holy fuck was this awful. Probably the blandest visually out of all of them.

Attached: 0yTw52P.jpg (746x960, 162K)

>That's exactly my takeaway from the episode and my problem with it. It's a straight forward and enthusiastic embrace of nostalgia and I dislike that.
The guy spent hundreds of years doing big things. He tried everything, but ultimately realised that it was his original work that made him the happiest. Some people are like that, especially in their older age.
>How the fuck do you subconsciously make a blue square larger than the moon?
The blue square itself was the subconscious imprint; his creations were obviously planned.

>french studio that did Lastman
>perfect designs and fluid detailed 2D animation
>bland
Oh hey you posted a picture of your opinion

>fluid detailed 2D animation
Buddy liking the designs is one thing but you are full of bullshit if you consider soul suckers to be fluid animation.

It was beautiful and entertaining, what more do you need? You don't need as many frames as say, Good Hunting, for animation to be considered fluid. I'd argue that Sucker of Souls had more lively animation. Good Hunting is a good example of how more inbetween frames can't fix bad keyframes.
That being said I did enjoy both shorts a lot. All the work put into this series is incredible.

Good Hunting is poor animation.
Sucker of Souls is good animation.

Fluidity and quality are not directly tied to framerate.

Aw dude the animation in Blisspot was gorgeous though! Those explosions especially were great, and all the fast camera cuts that didn't detract from the clarity of what was happening, that was cool. I think Yea Forums's standards are too high.

The thing I got out of Sonnie's edge was that the woman was the puppet, and the monster was the real conciousness.

The wrong werewolf died. Dude leaves his friend to rot in a shithole instead of going home to the country he loved.

All I got was cool monster fights.

>There's no indication that the rape was a lie

What about the dialog between the two women where she says the story makes people underestimate her, im paraphrasing of course.

>this bad animation is good!
>this good animation is bad!

Attached: skinner-thumbs-up.gif (480x360, 314K)

Are you that dense? She's saying they're underestimating and misunderstanding her because they think her anger and edge is driven by some victim complex when she's actually putting her life on the line in every fight.

The guy was dead and his home country treated him like shit. This way he got a genuinely personal burial by a person who knew and liked him, instead of meaningless platitudes from an organization that only saw him as a tool.

I think the rape story is the ruse, and the whole point of that exposition and point of the short is that is all we'd focus on, and miss the more obvious detail of it's the monster controlling the woman. It's toying with the audience's preconceptions.

I will concede because I don't feel like arguing the semantics of animation terms with you.

He knew all that and still loved it. Let him go home.

what if Sonnies was actually being literal about the whole rape thing. but It was like. some dudes raped her monster form not her human form and thats how she got her hatred of men?

I dont know about you guys but I would totally be A-okay with fucking Kharnivore so long as she was gentle.

Also do you think Kharnivores teammates are aware that her body is just the puppet and the "real deal" is the giant kill-lizard they keep in the tank?

Attached: 1544929676117.gif (128x128, 49K)

>good hunting
>good animation
>with wandering features and constantly broken perspective
Sure thing buddy.

There's some terrible stuff in this collection, sonnie's edge and beyond aquinas spring to mind, but Good Hunting is far and away the worst

he literally said he was aware of that shit but its still the america he loved. Yeah its a shitty country but its MY shitty country where I was born and raised.

Man you guys really don't pay attention.

All that was left was her brain, her team saved her and put her in the monster. They use the link tech to let her drive around a human body

Kinda like Good Hunting but less terrible

>I think the rape story is the ruse,
Except she says they crushed her skull in when they were done which prompted the need for her friends to transfer her to the monster just to survive. Now it's possible the rape didn't happen but she was captured and nearly died as a result of the abuse suffered at her past enemies' hands.

>netflix sells me a sci-fi anthology
>watch it
>there's no sci-fi
What the shit

What are you even trying to show with these shots? There's nothing wrong with them.

Keep in mind that his friend stayed with him. He turned into a werewolf permanently and joined him "in the wild".

Yeah, but he wasn't dead and discarded back then. He had hope that things would get better.

So on your face your eyes are set on completely different heights then?

You must be real fucking ugly

so...do you think Kharnivore puts out or not?

>features changing size and moving around on the face
Such quality. Much animation.

Oh no they're making a dreamworks face
Is this seriously the worst you can find in this?
Stop being a complete tard.

do you have the pic of when he was installing her new robot ass-cheeks?

wew

Attached: Untitled.png (697x357, 343K)

Attached: 1320529223886.jpg (363x310, 28K)

B U N D A

Naratively best
Zima blue
The rest aren’t worth listing here

Naratively the worst are
Suits
The witness
Visually the best
The witness
Rest aren’t worth listing.

Visially the worst
Suits
Sucker of souls

It´s a dumb one but
>Last, best hope on earth
An alien invasion threatens to destroy the earth, and the only weapon that can stop it is a giant Voltron-like mecha that has been in development ever since the Clinton era. As such, Trump, Obama, Bush, and Hilary (he stole it from Bill) have the rights to pilot that ship. The 4 politicians who hate each other have to work together to pilot this giant robot if they want to save the earth from total destruction.

I did groan and roll my eyes at sonnie's edge list morbid rape cut me into pieces edgelord past but the ending more than makes up for it.

The fight was entertaining too.

>Kinda like Good Hunting but less terrible

But what if its exactly the same situation as in Good hunting!?
>Rich asshole can only get off to giant monster girls that could rip him in half.
>Takes a fancy to Kharnivore, and after the pump he dump both bodies in a ditch
>The tech savvy duo finds them and puts her brain in the monster and various other upgrades.
Bonus points if: The rich asshole also was in a monster form with 4 cum cannons and a tongue that just wont stop.

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 22K)

fuck off, retard

How does it end?

The politicians learn to work together despite their differences, and they are able to destroy the alien invasion. The whole world cheers. For an instant, it seems like the American people will finally stop hating all these politicians and the trust in the government will return.
But just when the mecha is going back home, the politicians get in a fight over who gets the most credit in the mission. This leads to a malfunction in the mecha, that separates itself in 4 parts which come crashing down into America like meteors, causing massive property damage and deaths.
Cut to the 4 politicians in hospital beds, angrily watching on TV reports of the american people hating them even more than before.

The aliens lobby them to not protect earth and the vote passes 2-1 with 1 abstaining. Earth loses.

sonnie's edge is really good on a re-watch, lots of little details that let you on the twist.

>only Sonnie's beasty screams since its her real body and feels pain
>sonnie walks over the glass bare foot in her puppet body
>sonnie corrects vicker when he calls kharnivore "he"
>sonnie's puppet body stays motionless while Kharnivore fights unlike her opponent since she is not in there at all.

I fucking love cyberpunk and everything near it tier
>Sonnies Edge
>Good hunting

Good shit, actual quality tier
>Fish night
>zima blue
>Secret war
>three robots

Dumb fun
>Blindspot
>Suits
>The dump
>soul suckers
>Yoghurt
>Ice age

Why didn't they do like one thing to make this good tier
>Helping hand
>Shape shifters
>Lucky 13

Meh tier
>Alternate histories

Aquila rift was good, but already done like a billion times, not much new there except the spider alien was genuine

Can someone explain the praise for Zima Blue?
Lovely animation but the plot just doesn't make sense.
He would have only been able to integrate the robot after gaining enough fame and therefore money from his abstract art. But his abstract art began with a "zima blue" square. How could this have happened, why would he have chosen this specific shade as a human?
Unless the robot was added earlier in his modifications then I would say the storytelling was misleading as it implied a single drastic overhaul of Zima.
Unfortunately the praise for this episode piqued my expectations only to be let down.
Am I missing something?

>He would have only been able to integrate the robot after gaining enough fame and therefore money from his abstract art
He didn't integrate the robot, he was the robot. He explains that the robot got gradually upgraded and remodelled so many times he himself was no longer sure what he was.

It's shit

helping hand was the absolute most garbage episode. She rips off her hand and throws it to float back. It's boring, no suspense and didn't have anything meaningful to say. You include boobs and exploding heads when you have nothing meaningful to say

>The dump
>Yogurt
These are just irredeemable

>not liking the enlightened probiotic culture
The Dump is legitimately bad, I'll give you that.

Can you give an example of one thing that would make those shorts better?

I understand how you don't like it, but how can you say it's worse than Alternate Timeline or The Dump?

Why do people hate The Dump? It's not perfect and it's a bit predictable but I thought it was a fun watch.

Filthy hillbilly dick

I liked it a tiny bit, but mostly it just felt a little pointless. Not sure what the message was.

Art doesn't always need to have a point, BUT, that's why I personally couldn't get into it. Same with The Witness. I just didn't get it.

He started off as a pool-cleaning robot that gradually got upgraded over the years. He was never human.

>The Simpsons did it.

Are we really going there, Yea Forums?

It's not very interesting. The setting's not really explored in a cool way, the monster design is pretty boring (though the initial reveal of the dogs/friend was OK), and then it just kind of ends. Wasn't really funny, scary, or exciting

The robot rookie is insanely cute, I wanna date him

Oh shit, so the robot went through a phase where it imitated human appearance only to go back to metallic?
I like it now. Thank you.

Back the fuck up?

Zima Blue is good, but doesnt top Pear Cider and Cigarettes

link please!

>friend talks about how he's proud to be a hot blooded american
>buries him in a muslim shithole
Why not bury him in the wilderness that's american soil?

The ending weirded me out seeing this whole "children of mother nature" shit coming practically out of nowhere, getting treated as if it had been a major theme. It's all painfully shoehorned in at the last minute.

Not that user, but I do think some parts of the animation in the short was spectacular, but there are also parts that look wonky. I'm guessing they animated the stuff in the city and mechanical parts first, but didn't have enough time to put attention to the first half, since it's in that half that things seem to be very sloppier than the rest(as far as detail and what not goes).

>There is almost no animation to speak o
"NO Mocap, NO rotoscope, why would we do that?. Dave Pate , Adrian Millington and their animators team did all KEY animation. Is the style / technique we like and love to preserve. They are the finest animation artist out there. Nothing compares. And yes MAYA"

From the director himself. instagram.com/p/BvCgEa-B0J1/

>start ep 1
>two women and a soiboy
>"KILL ALL MEN"
I know this is Yea Forumsmbrl but is it going to be all SJW shit like this?

First of all:
Fuck Hyper-Realism.
Second of all, I think the whole show had a problem with excess. Like, just because they were 18+ they felt the need to cram as much of that shit in there as they could. The one with the farmers felt kind of like a Disney flick, and then they just start shouting curse words and it's pretty jarring imo.
Zima Blue was probably the best (and the most restrained)
I really wanted to like Good Hunting, but I really think it would have been better without the whole "revenge" aspect, and he just roboticized her of her own free will so she could hunt again
Soul Sucker was a fun, pulpy romp. I wouldn't have minded if it were a little longer.
How the Yogurt Took Over was cute.
Nothing else really stood out to me.

Can you not watch anything without resorting to buzzwords?

>Visially the worst
>Suits
>Sucker of souls
What an abstract form of bait

Threadly Reminder to watch Tron Uprising if you liked Zima Blue

youtube.com/watch?v=w0Qe791EZz0

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-09-10-23h39m47s537.png (1280x718, 1.11M)

Worst dialog in all. Bland feminist buzz words. Three robots would be a better choice for the first episode. Even if subverts the tropes of strong female characters, the text is so easy to predict that is annoying as fuck.

>Bland feminist buzz words
Like what?

Muh, she is strong because she is marking the men who did this to her
Types of men like you that made her like this
Lesbian love good, man bad
Villain does a ridiculous gesture of fucking the air and saying random "sexist" remarks.

I wanna marry this metal head

Attached: E17711F2-6DB5-4A6D-A2FC-9CBC9F6052BB.jpg (1762x2048, 559K)

This falls apart when you realize that the rape backstory is a lie invented to mislead people by playing into their expectations.

Who voiced her?
She sounded familiar.

The actions of this chick really confused me. No idea why she thought running on the street was a better idea than, like, just hiding literally anywhere in the hotel. The guy would go to her room but when he saw she wasn't there he'd essentially be out of luck and she would easily have been able to get away from there.

Stop posting this. Nothing in the episode indicates the rape was fake.

The post of someone who can't separate their own politics from what they consume.

She was cute and so was rookie but the strong dude was awesome as fuck and stole that short for me
I loved how he was basically the star and had so many good moments on top of saving the day at the end, rare do I see the dumb muscle character given that much love and respect. Plus he looked really cool

>tfw you watch Lucky Number 13 shortly after you totaled your truck you had for a decade
>when you loved that truck more than any woman but the damage was too much to save her
Why is no one talking about Lucky Number 13? Is it because it went for a less stylized animation?

Attached: live with the pain.jpg (1242x1241, 100K)

It was kinda odd discovering that Sony was behind that short.

it just felt too generic even more so than some of the others imo

I missed the credits because Netflix autoskips all of them so I missed that
I guess that's fair, "[THING] is percieved as unlucky, but protag finds out it's actually good/useful" is a bit of a cliche, but it still got me at the end since with a lot of the others there was a twist, and this one didn't really have a twist. I also found the POV shots from the ship's cameras kind of endearing

Zima Blue
Suits
Three Robots
When the Yogurt Took Over
Lucky 13

good taste user

God I wanna fuck this cute robot so bad

Attached: F608AC87-5A96-4D64-9EB0-4E60AE1377B8.jpg (597x389, 195K)

>400+ posts
>1 webm
trashy ass thread

Attached: 1553313941806.jpg (800x450, 119K)

It would be a shit videogame pitch considering it's literally starcraft

So we can all agree that Fish Night is the pleb filter episiode

the rape wasn't fake in the short, but the use of it as an edge was.

did you seriously take a photo of your screen

Secret War full length feature when?

i don't understand how so many people are getting confused about so many shorts when they OUTRIGHT FUCKING TELL YOU what's going on

How the fuck can you miss important information in a TEN MINUTES SHORT

Attached: non aggression principle.jpg (480x480, 29K)

she was panicking
fight or flight reflex doesn't let up until you feel safe again
have you never been scared for your life before?

Sometimes I really didn't know if it was real or CG.

Stop torturing me, user. Provide the link!

I thought they were cyborgs

It's not that. The guy was simply disillusioned with everything, including countries and humans, so he said fuck it and dissappeared into the mountains. As he had pointed out earlier, shapeshifters are much closer to nature than modern humans.

even better

Jill Talley, aka Tom Kenny's wife

She's does Karen the Computer wife on Spongebob, various voices on The Boondocks, and was on Mr Show

>conclusion never

>Karen the Computer Wife
That's the one, pretty cool she gets to voice another bombshell of a robot.

13 nearly brought me to tears due to a similar experience. Wasn't expecting that shit.

Attached: 1549412436965.gif (459x255, 1.13M)

yeah it is cool

Same here. It was weirdly effective, considering I've never been sentimental about things.

But it killed the young guy, not the old one.

I enjoyed it a lot. Alternate Histories was the only one I consider genuinely bad, especially because it could've been good if they'd just done something other than kill stereotype Hitler in increasingly wacky ways. Aquila Rift could've used another 5-10 minutes, the breakneck pacing didn't really work for me.

My greatest takeaway is that professionally animated CGI porn shorts are an untapped market and I need to get a business plan together ASAP

So wait, why didn't that guy in Beyond the Rift slay some alien puss?

He did. You know that Oglaf comic? The one with the spider with the mouth? It went down like that.

>helping hand.
Why the fuck didn't she have a tether? The lack of that one obvious detail felt like a super contrived way to get her into that situation. There was nothing about what she was doing where a tether would have gotten in the way. And for an operation that is supposedly being done on the cheap, a tether would be among the ridiculously cheap safeguards. Way cheaper then even her propulsion backpack or sending an evac crew.

This feels like someone saw 127 hours and wanted to mash it up with Gravity.

See this is why you need to browse /trash/ and /d/, so if you wake up on some benevolent spider ship you don't have a panic attack, you get a boner.

The first 3 minutes of Sonnies Edge seemed like they where specially made to trigger someone.

the real "Greta" from ep 7 is kinda hot, to be honest

Speaking of Titanfall, I need a series based on that. The cherry on top of the sadness when a titan "dies" is the little message it flashes as you eject.

Attached: titanfall 2 eject message.jpg (1152x720, 429K)

My heart couldn't take it.

Titanfall but they focus on the frontier wars/western themes aspect rather than abandoning it like what 2 did.
youtube.com/watch?v=rXIphYH3yEM

I didn't like how it just killed his friend, and he was fine with that. While technically his friend is still alive, he is ostensibly dead. Then he just kills a jerk trying to do his job.

It's better this way, user.

Beyond the aquila rift was trash though, that "twist ending" was not only predictable but wasn't even horrifying despite the author clearly wanting you to be repulsed by the concept. You have exceptionally bad taste in scifi.

Zima Blue
Three Robots
Shape Shifters
The Witness

Zima Blue
Three Robots
Shape Shifters
The Witness

You could say he had a
cleaner purpose

Found some time to watch the rest:

Zima Blue was cool as fuck. Unlike the other shorts it had no comedy or action, but just a neat little story with a cool visual style.

Blindspot was simple fun. It's not the best short in terms of story or animation, but it's the only one where I was like "yeah I could see this becoming an actual cartoon" apart from Suits.

Ice Age ranks about the same as the yoghurt short for me: The concept is sort of fun, but apart from that it has nothing.

Alternate Histories was just a series of poorly animated, increasingly bad jokes. The first two parts were at least kind of funny, but the rest was just dumb.

The Secret War was in my opinion the best short in terms of action, and it had a cool atmosphere to boot. Really enjoyed it.

I think that's unlikely. Considering they've got their brains uploaded into a database and their bodies are entirely disposable, it's safe to say that no part of them is actually human.

If only Yea Forums had the power to petition Vitaliy Shusko and his team to push for a cartoon to be greenlit.

The scene where she cut off her arm was geniuenly unnerving, but everything else was boring as hell.
I don’t even know what was the point of it.
>chick gets trapped in space
>breakes her arm
>saves herself and goes back home
That’s it. It’s pretty lame

I liked it but it’s pretty dumb
> Weird old man finds a trash monster who killed his friend
>Instead of killing him he just adopts him
>said monster eats the corporate employee and the garbage
>old man continues to live in garbage
It’s also pretty simplistic compared to the other shorts

it's about the lengths we'll go to in order to stay alive

also that space and submarines are scary and can kill you in so many ways

So who is she gonna end up with?
>The leader
>the rookie
>the dumb one

She looks pretty casual around the leader when they were speaking through the holograms.
The leader comes off as one of those "FOR THE TEAM" guys though so maybe that's why she's so frustrated and on edge.

i would like to see more of sonnie the beastie

I guess, but the short had no insight on the austronauts life beyond “I have a friend back home” so her resolve to survive came out of nowhere. It’s not like she has a a son, a family or some dream she wants to accomplish. She has no strong reason to stay alive beyond “I don’t want to die”

It would've been better if it stays on the countryside setting, or if it already starts in the city. Having to switch just made both parts weaker.