Spider-man Thread

I just finishef the insomniac Spider-man game. This was a better Spider-man movie than Homecoming.

Attached: 09EBD7F5-772A-4239-A358-0281DAAFEBBF.jpg (300x168, 10K)

I loved this game but it's not really a fair comparison, hours and hours of content and immersing yourself in the world vs. a 2 hour movie

I dare say that it was some of the best Spidey material we've gotten in recent memory (with Spider-Verse). I'm half tempted to do another playthough with pic related. All I really want of the sequel is Mysterio and Kraven.

Damn shame about the DLC. What a terrible way to end a great experience

Attached: Spider-Man Future Foundation.jpg (551x950, 61K)

I haven’t played the DLC. What’s wrong with it?

It's basically three stories that don't feel interconnected beyond the fact that Hammerhead is the villain in all of them.

Also, they don't do anything interesting with Hammerhead.

Not who you're replying to, but it's pretty bad. Feels like a side mission that got padded and cut. Pete acts like a total idiot and gets lead around by his dick by Felicia. Making Hammerhead the central villain didn't work either. The way the character development with Yuri went should have been in the main game and not the DLC if they wanted to take her where they did.

i like both fag

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20181031203533.png (1920x1080, 2.95M)

It's rather lackluster unfortunately, and it was released in 3 parts to tell a story that was otherwise unfocused and uninteresting. It's basically about Hammerhead revitalizing the mob by using stolen SABLE tech. Also Black Cat is in it I guess. Yuri has a significant character change, and theres no Silvermane oddly. Biggest thing that annoyed me was The Bar With No Name having no supervillains in it

Attached: PS4 Hammerhead.jpg (1297x1789, 401K)

>Pete acts like a total idiot and gets lead around by his dick by Felicia
so like always and the dlc is fine

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20181023143317.png (1920x1080, 3.1M)

>Homecoming, Homecoming! I can't stop talk about Homecoming! Did i already mention Homecoming?
What a bunch of whiny bitches. This game or Spiderverse could be the best products on the face of the planet and you'd still manage to get people turned off by them just with your pointless pissing contests

not the other guys but i like the dlc cool moments in all of them

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20181221173939.png (1920x1080, 2.73M)

People are allowed to make comparisons to the current MCU Spider-Man since it's the most prominent one as of now, you colossal sensitive fag

but its a marvel movie they need to bitch about it

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20190106150448.png (1920x1080, 2.53M)

you are one one that sounds assblasted

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20190115164459.png (1920x1080, 2.82M)

It's a fair comparison since both are widely different takes on the character, just in 2 different cinematic experiences
>U mad?
Really dude? We're having a discussion

It's a videogame, people could be comparing it to the other many Spidey games and instead they all concentrate on showing off how counter culture they are by pointing fingers at "the most prominent" Spiderman, as you put it

Of course people are allowed to complain, don't get me wrong. They're still bitches tho

>Yea Forums hyped up homecoming
>said Spidey PS4 would suck
>said spiderverse would suck
???

>just in 2 different cinematic experiences
Well you got that one right

Attached: ruber3.png (470x473, 218K)

>Yea Forums hyped up homecoming
lol no, people are still crying about it's mere existence as demonstrated even by this thread

>he doesn't remember everyday leading up to it after civil war

Sable is qt

and all of them good

fuck off back to Yea Forums

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20190128104108.png (1920x1080, 2.63M)

Oh no, i remember the endless crying about casting choices and petty shit like Iron Man's presence on a poster

I'm talking specifically about Pete telling MJ he might have knocked Felicia up when Felicia is so obviously playing him that he even comments that it's all probably a lie. If he suspects that Felicia is fucking around with him and lying, why would he risk everything with MJ over it? Him being lead by his dick isn't the problem, it's that it totally overrides even the most basic sense of the character.

>A movie with a 2 hour run time doesn't flesh out its characters or weave as good a narrative as an interactive video game that spans many hours of play time.

Gee.

he went with her because he knows he fucked her a lot and black cat is in the city doing crazy shit what did you want him to do go home

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20181023130123.png (1920x1080, 2.83M)

Personally I really liked the DLC, my one complaint was thy trying to make Hammerhead, a glorified Henchman, into this crazy huge threat while laying the ground work for Silvermane being the big bad at the end of the DLC only for them to turn Hammerhead into Silvermane himself. It wasn’t a very good move as far as the story goes in my opinion. On the other hand, the story told with Black Cat, watching Yuri break down into Wraith and the short little phonecalls between Peter and Miles doing their whole Student and Teacher shtick made up for it in the end, that and how much the fucking ramped up the AI’s aggression in that game.

This is by far still the most fucking retarded thing in the game

Attached: Hammerhead 2.0.jpg (1920x1080, 350K)

more sexy ladys in costume yes

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20190111203748.png (1920x1080, 2.95M)

Not digging Cyborg's new design

and yet vulture is more fleshed out than any of insomniac's villains

toppest of keks

MCU Peter has Tony Stark as his mentor, this one had Doc Ock
Both MJs suck but I'll judge Zendaya more in FFH since she didn't have a role much yet
MCU Vulture was better than most of the villains in the game including PS4 Vulture
Black Cat and Sable are amazing though
FUCK SCREWBALL

Video games aren’t usually known for having good stories. Name me another Spiderman game with a good story.

I don’t know if I really agree with that, Norman was pretty flashed out, as was Yuri during the DLCs. This is probably because none of the villains in the game needed in honest origin story (save for Mr Negative) because insomniac made it for fans of spider-man and trusted them to know the history of the Sinister Six. Also Otto. I take it back, I can’t agree with you at all user, Vulture was fucking awesome in Homecoming tho, best version of the character we’ve ever had

insomniac otto is literally raimi otto, right down to the THE ARMS WILL MAKE YOU CRAZY BRO

But that’s incorrect, Otto has been planning his attack on Norman for a long time, if you explore the lab you find out that he’s been making the Sinister Six their new gear for a while now in preparation for his attack. And unlike Rami’s version, PS4 Otto goes down as a full fledged villain, so much so that Peter turns his back on him and leaves him in a decaying body, whereas in SM 2 Otto sacrifices himself to save Peter and NYC. The interface didn’t help much with Otto’s state of mind, but they were not the cause of him going full on super villain in the middle of that game.

They fucked up the eyes on this one. They looked so bulbous and out of place.

Doc Ock says hi.

Mr Negative > Doc Ock

Naw man, Li’s whole motivation in this game was paper thin

i did explore the lab and do all the side lore stuff

otto has been plotting revenge on norman yes, but peter flat out tells otto the arms will make him have psychosis and otto disregards that because he sees muh norman on tv

it's just a mad libs of spiderman 2 otto, where he wants revenge on a different osborn (harry) and harry convinces him to go after spidey instead since that's the "true" source of his problems. otto gets his redemption in 2 because it's only a 2 hr movie, but he can still get it in later games, they're still painting him as sympathetic, right down to his final cutscene, and if he does, then he's essentially raimi otto 2.0

norman was a fucking afterthought in the game. he's like political lex luthor, but boring and no real presence, they were going out of their way to completely avoid any goblin connections

Not him but you completely missed the point. All the arms did was make Otto more ambitious and angry when things didn't go his way, or rather, they just amplified what was already there. The AIM grants, the S6 weapons, all of that was BEFORE he put on the neural net. Moreover, Otto isn't going to remember Peter's secret given that the side effects were both short and long term memory loss. So basically Otto will HATE Spider-Man, but can't fully understand why

Attached: Doctor Octopus PS4.jpg (1098x1295, 237K)

Only you see all the goblin gear being built, Hell you ever get some prototype pumpkin bombs, as for Norman’s presence in the game, I believe it fit very well, yea, he’s a public figure and everyone knows his face which is exactly why he would be at the forefront of any super villain activities. Again, I feel that the makers of the game trusted their players enough to know that Norman isn’t really the Wheel in motion in this story, but rather the guy who got the wheel rolling to begin with.
As for Rami vs PS4 Otto, the point I was trying to make was that in the Rami films you see Otto doing his best to fight off the influence his arms were having on him, and his whole heel turn relied on his wife being killed and his experiment failing and the influence his arms had on his mind. Whereas PS4 Otto has been planning all of this from the start, and while we as Peter are ment to believe that he’s good and it’s all the interface’s fault, it’s not, if anything the interface effecting his mind was what made him decided to join the ranks of the six and do Norman I’m personally rather than being the unassuming puppet master in the shadows. The arms were never the cause of Otto going full on baddie, they just upgraded him to boss status, everything that made him a villain was their right from the start, unlike Rami’s version which had to be forcibly turned.

that makes otto a "bad guy" but not a supervillain. he's just a unscrupulous defense contractor, who has a personal vendetta against norman. but so what, spiderman stomps on the sinister 6 all the time, he gets money from their bank robberies, AIM, etc to fund his research which will change mankind, blah blah, classic mad scientist shit.

if the memory loss about peter/spidey does become permanent then that's worse and he just becomes comic otto, which brings nothing new to the table either.

norman apparently never being the goblin is a bad call, because this is a spidey who is in his prime, has been spidey for 6+ years, but we've skipped gwen, have an mj who has already been split with peter at least once, because he's had something with felicia, and all this other weird amalgamation with may, feast, miles, negative, who is almost a copy+paste from the books with no real changes. but he's already fought each of the 6 individually many times and together

Mate, what kind of mental gymnastic bullshit are you on? He made the deal with Martin to release Devil's Breath upon NY before he put on the bloody neural device. As for Norman, it's pretty clear he's becoming Goblin and finishing off this game series by the third game. You act like skipping Gwen is a travesty when all she ever did was get necked.

what i'm saying is that otto having no morals as a scientist before he went full ock is still boring and formulaic/generic. norman is going to be eventually become the goblin and/or harry as well due to muh disease cure which is this weird acceptance of the garfield amazing spider-man plotlines which were terrible. it's like insomniac wants to "do them better" or some shit, but you can't put lipstick on a pig

skipping gwen, changes the character dynamic between MJ and peter. it's a big turning point for both characters, when they realize there is more to the other than they previously thought.

also, i believe there is no way insomniac WON'T have a goblin neck somebody in future sequel(s) they're too self-indulgent in that regard, it's going to be either MJ, felicia or maybe even yuri

They turned Hammerhead into Silvermane for some fucking reason

He did have morals, he just stop giving a fuck and concluded that his failures were from working within standard ethics. He saw how far Norman went disregarding reason, and he hated and envied him for it

gobby is going to neck parker so miles can take over, duh

Too bad MJ and the DLC suck ass.

The whole game felt like an underpowered nerdfest circlejerk. The villains weren't on the same level as Venom or whatever.

Of course the dumbass Venomfag says something stupid regarding the other rogues

i thought about this and i don't think they will. unless they kill peter in 2 and go full spider-verse in 3 with a different peter as well as miles, because there's no way it'll sell as much

i don't know if multiverse shit would work in the universe they created, it's semi-grounded as spidey can be thatis

I said ON THE SAME LEVEL AS VENOM, so there's a difference.

Rhino, Scorpion, Electro, Vulture, Mr. Negative are all jobber villains. Plus, they don't seem to have superpowers like Spider-Man does, with the possible exception of Mr. Negative. I don't know how his powers work.

The fact that you even said Venom was a villains says enough. Fuck off casual

Iron Spider in Infinity War, PS4 being a hit and Spider-Verse. 2018 was a great year for Spidey

And what do you know, I liked all 3.

Never said Spidey PS4 would suck though. I was hyped for that since trailer 1

Not him but I do sort of feel like other than Negative and Ock, the main baddies, they wasted the other 4 of the S6. Heck, Tombstone was better and he was a side villain

That and nearly all of the SM ongoing comics are actually really good, the only one that really sucks is Spider-Gwen

>You either die a hero (Raimi Ock), or live long enough to see yourself become the villain (InsomniOck)

>they were going out of their way to completely avoid any goblin connections
>missing the glider prototype in the subway exibition
>missing the prototype pumpkin bombs
>missing the sole green goblin mask in Norman's OsCorp office

The only way it could've been better if they had announced a surprise revival of Spectacular.

as in norman being the full-blown goblin

those are all nice little easter eggs, but they don't even toy with norman's psychosis/madness

it's just a weird decision to have norman never have been the goblin but still keep the six, felicia, introduce miles, etc

Goblin is so poorly overdone I'd rather get what we got than another fucking reminder that Norman is the Green Goblin and SPIDER-MAN's ARCH-NEMESIS

If you're talking about the villains that show up for brief portions of the game, sure.

>Electro
>jobber villain
>doesn't have powers

You're kidding, right?

Attached: BUjbOPF.jpg (600x1024, 194K)

You’re replying to a Yea Forumsirgin, the only exposure to Spidey he’s had is through games and movies

>telling MJ he might have knocked Felicia up is risking everything with MJ
>the entire game the conflict between them was him not believing her to be able to handle the events of his life
He's having a healthy relationship with open and honest dialogue about what happened while they were apart. She's gonna be mad, but obviously he knows he's with MJ again and wants to keep it that way.