Admit it, we all want Talos to come back

He was the MVP of "Captain Marvel".

Also, Ben needs to start doing more roles like that.

Attached: ben-mendelsohn.jpg (2000x1333, 325K)

Yes. We should praise Talos

Dat Personality.

Feige loves ST:TNG more than anything else.
Talos will be star of one of the MCU Disney+ shows, searching for a new homeworld.

Skrulls IN SPACE!!!

Yeah. As a villian.

I like Talos as he is. We should probably get a real Skrull villain later though

>Yet another Ben Mendelsohn villain

He's already been the villain in "Dark Knight Rises" then "Rogue One" then "Ready Player One" THEN "Robin Hood".

Enough.

Hey fuck you kid I've gotta make money somehow!

No. Ben Mendelsohn already talks through his lips. Putting him under heavy makeup so he can mumble through all his scenes was a mistake.

Attached: 2870640-4120-2-1324316936.jpg (880x555, 411K)

I dont care about the actor. Him turning into villian and trying to invade planets after some life changing events will give a good character development for both him and Carol.

If he goes villain, he loses all his personality.

Yeah I liked the Skrulls in this one. Talos was cool, and I like that he owned up to being a terrorist

The best scene in the entire movie was him reuniting with his family. It's the kind of scene so easily ruined by hammering home to the audience what's going on, but the movie somehow had the restraint to not do so.

The obvious way to introduce Skrull villains is have other freedom fighters/terrorists not choose the path of peaceful self-exile like Talos and his dudes did and then have them try to force the other Skrulls into their ranks.

That was a nice touch. Talos didn't deny he had blood on his hands.

Now I want to see a Skrull Civil War. What a mess that would be, since both sides can disguise themselves.

Not the easy civil war but the hard kind where both sides are so far apart, neither side can get a clear advantage.

But Namira loves me.

When Talos got shot in front of his kid I jumped in my seat. I was actually terrified he wasn't gonna make it.
Namira loves you, but you serve Hermaeus Mora's wishes, even and especially if you don't know it. Embrace the inevitability of causality. Love the tentacle.

People got really made about this movie 'ruining' the skrulls, but the movie never really paints the skrulls as innocent victims. The Kree expanded, the Skrull empire lost. And the Kree are never going to let the Skrull integrate into the Kree empire because they can't trust the skrulls not to infiltrate up the ranks, assimilating them as a vassal race is much too dangerous for the Kree to risk.

Genocide is a logical choice for the Kree to make, the sort of decision that the supreme intelligence would arrive at. But it does leave the Skrull in a super shitty situation where their only options are to run and hide or fight to the death a war they have already lost.

Talos wants to run away beyond the reach of the Kree. Thats a valid plan. But there are going to be a lot of Skrull out there that want revenge instead.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the plot of a future movie is Skrull infiltrators provoking a war between Earth and the Kree intentionally, because they are planning on Earth's superheroes winning the fight that they never could.

Goddamn that sounds dope

Correct. The Skrulls weren't ruined, they were re-interpreted.

They WERE an Empire, got their butt kicked by the Kree who promptly rewrote history to suit their Imperial interests (The Skrull Empire is still out there and conquering us, REEEEEEEEEEE), and now they're just trying to avoid being exterminated.

So yes, he was great, but why did it sound like every other sentence he was chewing on something? Was it the prosthetics messing with his mouth?

Probably a combination of trying to change his speech patterns for the role, and the weight of the prosthetics on his lips and cheeks changing his pronunciation.

How many hints did you catch the Skrulls weren't what the Kree said they were?

The first one, for me, was the Skrull letting the old lady off the vehicle. He took the time off from fleeing to do a simple courtesy, when he knew his pursuer wasn't anywhere near him yet (and thus could totally get away with pushing her out of his path).

Probably. It can be hard to act against makeup. It requires quite a bit of energy (see Tim Carrey in "The Grinch" vs Mike Myers in "The Cat In The Hat").

Jim Carrey, correction.

Talos was MVP. Runner-up was cute Samuel L. Jackson with Goose. Third place was Talos' science guy.

It's a talent to Ben's acting that he successfully sold beating up Samuel L Jackson in a scene.

That final kick was very convincing.

I knew something was up with the Kree immediately from the opening because of how off everything felt. The scenes with her and the Supreme Intelligence just had a sinister quality to it and most of the shit they had her doing seemed to be bad guy stuff. "I want to serve" isn't what the MCU has its heroes saying.

But I didn't really cotton on to the Skurlls specifically until right when Talos was in the house and started talking. As soon as that started, before he even said anything, I knew the Skrulls had to be more than what was shown. For both of these scenes, it's not really about the strict logic but the tone. You don't have scenes set like that, with the subservience to authority or the villain just showing up out of nowhere to try and talk with the overall comedic backdrop without setting something up. So it's logical in a way, but story logic.

>That final kick was very convincing.
It's funny because I have rarely seen a convincing kick in a show or movie where it didn't look like the person kicking stopped short. Throwing fake punches is easy, using good camera cuts, but fake kicking not so much.
Also I haven't heard really anyone praising what a great job they did with the CGI on Samuel L. Jackson.

I wonder why they don't record the lines out of makeup and dub over them?

Good post. I doubt the Skrulls are all supposed to be angels, just because the ones in this movie were sympathetic. As the losing party in the war, of course they're going to be presented more sympathetically.

>Also I haven't heard really anyone praising what a great job they did with the CGI on Samuel L. Jackson.
Black don't crack. But also I think people have just grown spoiled by CGI. I think the RLM guys said it about the Hobbit movies. The amazing has become effortless and audience reactions have devolved to match it. It's just "oh yeah, I guess he did look younger and was on screen a lot."

Shame the planet she first went to didn't look to good. It was like a Star Trek planet.

>People got really made about this movie 'ruining' the skrulls
It's really more like they probably don't read comics and got all their knowledge on Skrulls from MvC3 and Secret Invasion

>It was like a Star Trek planet.
Complete with chest high walls, fake rocks, and sand

People don't trust AI IRL as capable of "benevolent rule", so any "AI Ruler" actually is a flag red for villainy.

We're nowhere near ready for the concept of "Benevolent AI" that stays "Benevolent".

We can accept token good AI individuals (especially rebellious cyberpunks like Naomi Armitage), but not as rulers.

The more rebellious-against-authority yet human an AI is, the more likely we are to accept that AI. I.e we like machines who rage against the machine, lol.

He could be villain from Kree point of view.
Like to protect escaped Skrulls he with group of comrades diverts the attention of Kree military commencing... various operations

I’m sure they’ll embrace some religious fanaticism and attempt to take over Earth like in Secret War.

Pretty obvious the Kree are going to be the bigger threat in the Marvel Universe though.

They signed a peace treaty, but their society itself hasn't changed at all.

A single rogue Kree did a ton of damage on his own.

>rogue
AS LONG AS THE KREE GOVERNMENT REFUSES TO BRING RONAN TO JUSTICE THEY ARE COMPLICIT IN HIS CRIMES

Presumably he was leading some splinter movement of Accusers. Unless Thanos gave him minions like he did for Loki, I can't actually recall how it worked.

It was telling they didn't actually help stop Ronan...at all.

He was clearly useful to the Kree as an accidental proxy.

"We don't formally endorse or support Ronan BUT....we are going to let you deal with him on your own. Because he's useful to us. Plausible deniability."

As antagonists go, the Kree are actually one of the most realistic when you think about it.

Instead of openly violating the peace treaty, they rely on proxies to do the dirty work for them.

>Also I haven't heard really anyone praising what a great job they did with the CGI on Samuel L. Jackson.

Because it was so good people didn't realize it was CG.

Its the sort of thing you don't realize until someone points it out. "Oh, right, I guess that must have been digital makeup. I never thought about it."

It looked so natural it flew under everyone's radar.

Truthfully? I suspect they got the dude who did Kurt Russell's makeup in "GOTG2" back. He did that with a bare minimum of CGI.

Nah, Kurt still looked old. It was definitely the people who did the work with Michael Douglas

Make Kat Dennings' character Veranke. Like since even before Thor1, she has been Veranke.

Attached: Queen_Veranke_(Earth-8096).png (234x268, 78K)

>Kat Dennings as a Skrull

I'm intrigued by the possibilities. She saw a lot.

All I could think of while he was still playing the bad guy was green Kano.

Attached: austin aries.jpg (630x630, 196K)

Any excuse to get the only good thing about the first two Thors back.

That no was great.

The Skrulls actually being good guys this time was a twist I liked a lot.
Made Talos super charismatic and a nice guy in the end. Not every alien has to be evil or an ass.

I loved that you could actually imagine having a enjoyable conversation with the guy.

Funny but not in a mean style of funny.

Kl'rt when?

I'm ok with this.

I knew from the minute I saw Korath and Ronan were in the movie, GotG spoils the Kree being dicks

Well I don't know if I believe anyone is 100% a dick

He and the other Skrulls were hilarious, I was surprised at how funny the movie was.

It'd be interesting, but it might come across as contrived that a group of people Thor randomly encountered had a Skrull among them.

>Also, Ben needs to start doing more roles like that.
What are you talking about, he exclusively gets cast as a villain

A group of scientist who were actively researching space anomalies, maybe the skrulls knew dr. Skaarsgard was the one most likely to discover the cosmic cube or whatever.

Fuck off, Stormcloak. This is an Imperial board

I was a tiny bit disappointed Talos didn't really spend any time as the cute surfer girl.

It could've worked with a setup, but doing it after the fact just doesn't jive as well. Selvig only ended up being important in the MCU, and encountering the Tesseract, because of his encounter with Thor. Making him retroactively more important prior to the meeting compromises the believability.

Exactly. Ben's got clear charisma and humor in the role of Talos, and he needs to branch out.

Him playing Krennic had plenty of that too.

Krennic was humorous from a meta perspective, but the character didn't have any humor the way Talos did.

Isn't the Skrull civil war a major part of their history? Maybe they could do that, just have it take place currently rather than long ago.

They certainly have a good enough setup for it now.

Consider this: assume that the heroes beat back the Kree and stop their expansion, allowing races that were being destroyed by the Kree the chance to recover.

There is no central Skrull authority anymore. Just a massive power vacuum between unrelated groups that split off for their own survival ages ago.

Any kind of unification of the Skrull now is going to be a very bloody affair, a lot of different terrorist cell leaders and enclave kings and nomadic warlords all vying to be the new king shit of turd mountain.

You mean two good things.

So now that we know the Skrulls exist, what were the Chitauri? A mercenary race? Alien Dethlok Soldiers made of dead tissue?

>the only good thing about the first two Thors
Hey that helmet in the first movie was perfect. If only they had the balls to make proper use of it.

Apparently it kept falling off his head.

Selvig whipped up gravity manipulation tech in thor 2. Jane made some advanced sensor in thor1.

Kat could have been hopping around as an intern for various scientists. Looking for the ones capable of building what she needed. Sheer dumb luck put Thor in front of her.

She could be one of many. Lets face it: if you are a Skrull living on Earth, you probably want to keep tabs on what the various human space agencies and research teams are up to. Keeping an eye out for any technologies useful for you, looking for patterns in SETI data that the humans don't realize are important yet (like jump point activations), or making sure that the humans don't accidently reveal their location to a hostile alien race and get your new hideout planet invaded by some assholes.

>Never once used his helmet as a weapon to hit Loki

That would have been awesome. Loki knocks Thor's helmet off. Thor picks it up and bashes Loki in the face with it.

Then Loli pole-dance-attacks Thor and kicks him.

If they can keep Loki's helmet in place, I refuse to believe it can't be done for a helmet half as big or massive.

I completely forgot about Korath, but it was easy enough to believe Ronan was just a rogue, extremist agent. That's what he was in GotG and the rest of Carol's team treated him like that early in the movie too. Before the twist and they all kind of became assholes.

He had sort of undead minions, which likely came from Thanos. He also had some living henchmen; the "Star Lord...Who??" black guy from GOTG is one of the dudes in Yon-Rogg's team in the beginning, implying that Kree fanatics joined Ronan at some point

I'd love to see him come back as a morally grey villain.

I really like the idea of the Skrulls being morally in the right, but making them into a bunch of innocent bystanders who are just trying to hide from the mustache-twirling Kree sucked ass.

Don't do stuff like have him tie up Keller in order to impersonated him. Have him kill Keller, but make it clear that he only did it because he thought he didn't have a choice.

Ronan is rogue in GotG though and doesn't show up til the end of the movie. The Kree govt. in GotG is officially at peace though they are still kind of dickish in that they don't consider Ronan "their problem" even though he is.

He is the metaphor of nazi closet gay right?

>and doesn't show up til the end of the movie.
To clarify, referring to Captain Marvel.

Very well-thought through.

Do not expect anything like this from Marvel

>hey look aliens have weird dick haha
>oh... haha... yeah... *seething in a mask*
more like jew

The Supreme Intelligence is the exact opposite of an AI.

Any idea if Coulson got the same treatment?

Sam Jackson has only started aging a little in the past few years tho. Give'm hair and take what looks like 5 years off in appearances and boom, 90's Sam Jackson.

Being the mvp of a movie led by Carol Danvers is like bragging you could beat up a limbless infant. Not much of an accomplishment

It is when you consider Ben has been typecast for 4 blockbusters straight as a pretty basic villain each time. Even Krennic was pretty much an angry bureaucrat (they didn't explore his working-class background nearly enough).

Then you give Ben a part like Talos and you see how much Hollywood has been wasting him.

Absolutely. I’m not bashing Ben at all, I just think his talents would be better suited as someone other than Talos. That guy is the go to Hollywood baddie actor for a reason.