Best X team coming through

Best X team coming through

Attached: Uncanny X-Men 210.jpg (1988x3056, 1.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj5YkN5RLIY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this even disputed by anyone? The Claremont-era team are seen by pretty much everyone as the standard X-men.

Do you read comics? There are probably 10 Claremont teams and the OP one is nowhere close to the most popular.

>Kitty
>No Cyke
Ummmm no.

Thing is, Claremont' didn't use just one team during his original run. The only constants were Wolverine and Storm.

80s Kitty > 80s Cyclops

>that brief period where every woman in the book but Storm had the short cut New Wave Girl hair

Those are pretty much all the most iconic characters, the only ones missing are Cyclops, Beast, and maybe Gambit.

>Gambit

So you don't read comics then?

There're at least 5 characters more iconic than Gambit

Yes, hence the debate over which X team is best

undisputedly best era x-men coming through. uncanny x-men 270ish through 350 are the best x-men ever was. AoA was also the shit

Attached: x-men1991series13.jpg (400x600, 63K)

I'm counting out the characters already shown and mentioned. Gambit is barely among the top 15 mutants.

Alright now you're just bullshitting. Gambit's at least on the same level as Rogue; Ranker lists him as the 7th most popular mutant discounting Xavier.

Why are you here when you don't read comics? Leave.

Jesus Christ you sound butthurt. Okay, besides OP pic and Cyclops and Beast, who's above him? I'm just talking popularity here; "my favorite" doesn't mean "iconic".

Really? Even after 20 years of Halley Berry and

Nobody will disagree

We're getting closer to the truth now.

When exactly did it all go to shit for Claremont? He's stretching during the Mutant Massacre / Fall of the Mutants days but there's still gas in the tank. Was it X-Factor and the retconning of Jean's death and the rape of Scott Summers' character? I know it wasn't his book but I could see packing it in after being treated like that by editors despite what you've done for the company.

Blue and gold teams are best

Once the cross-over mania started for me. If Claremont had left after fall of the mutants it would have been the perfect run.

The Outback era and the Lee stuff was cool tho.

Jean Grey. Psylocke and Emma Frost are up there too.

was outback era where those robot dudes crucified wolverine and jubilee resuced him? i was partial to that

I will murder you.

It's true though

Kitty is overrated af.

She is but she still got better character development in the 80s than Cyclops.

Yea but like 95% of of it is in the six issue Wolverine & Pryde mini where she goes through like 40 character changes out of nowhere

And Cyclops most memorable moments in the 80s were losing leadership to Storm and leaving his wife and kid.
Kitty wins this

Kitty was hated by the fans. She was jubilee before there was jubilee.

Not really. Kitty was very popular among readers, some of those readers even got to write for Marvel and waifu the fuck out of her (Ellis, Bendis, Whedon). She was so popular that DC created the anti-Kitty Pryde in the form of Terra of the new teen titans (x-men biggest competition at the time).

Also Jubilee is hated because she isn’t Kitty Pryde.

Original 5 in X-factor growing up and then into Whilce Portacio's art manifesting Cable and all modern X-men stories from there outward. Best place to jump n would be before Jim Lee got a hold of the X-men because after that it devolves into straight up melodrama. Those of you who jump on at Jim Lee's X-men are going to really think you're cool though and those that go into old Uncanny X-men comics get to live up your own ass figuratively speaking, so you'll love that, but regular real people get to read X-men from early 90s onward.
Seriously, I lost this all the time. Requesting directions to an actual forum for this stuff, thanks.I
(I mean some preliminary original X-men stories are cool but for entertainment purposes unnecessary to go too deep into silver age x-men.)

Not their. Kitty was despised by the fans. I actually was alive back then. I remember.

Fans hated Kitty, user. it was a running joke. Terra was created to shit on Kitty because of how hated she was.

What did fans back then think about Rachel and Madelyne? They always felt very superfluous to me.

I imagine pretty similar to what they feel now. This is weird, Chris.

Cyclop's most memorable moment in the 80s was kicking the rest of the team's ass numerous times.

Attached: cyclops wolverine threat.jpg (1201x989, 497K)

>The original Madelyne storyline was that, at its simplest level, she was that one in a million shot that just happened to look like Jean Grey [a.k.a. the first Phoenix]! And the relationship was summed up by the moment when Scott says: "Are you Jean?" And she punches him! That was in Uncanny X-Men #174. Because her whole desire was to be deeply loved for herself not to be loved as the evocation of her boyfriend's dead romantic lover and sweetheart.

I mean, it's a classical theme. You can go back to a whole host of 1930s films, 1940s, Hitchcock films

I love that Claremont is completely unaware that Hitchcock's Vertigo is about how terrifying it is that men view women this way and there is nothing romantic about marrying someone identical to your ex.

did storm punch cyclops to submission?

What if the X-men haven't been iconic since the 90s? What if once super heroes became mainstream X-men weren't visually defined enough to mean anything to an audience?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj5YkN5RLIY

This is the most factual thing ever posted on Yea Forums.

>Was it X-Factor and the retconning of Jean's death and the rape of Scott Summers' character?

I don't know if that broke Claremont but that's what broke the franchise. Once they hit that reset button the franchise stopped growing and instead started filling in.

>undisputedly best era x-men coming through. uncanny x-men 270ish through 350 are the best x-men ever was.

Attached: objectively wrong (your post, not this pic).png (500x433, 103K)

Also one of the best Storm looks.

no

Attached: cyclops storm shot.jpg (1097x1011, 458K)

X-men and Iconic aren't a good match. X-men are less iconic and more archetypal. Angel, Blob. Iceman. Etc.

Missing Scott, but generally top tier, yeah.

>Gambit's at least on the same level as Rogue
Gambit showed up years after Rogue, so she gets the advantage of fans of this run before he showed up. And as you see, it's a very popular run.

It's been so long since I could see the personalities of the X-men. I think it was around the time that cliffhanger shitted on the two Ultimate X-Men issues where Gambit rescues an orphan girl from the mob and then gives her to child protective services at the end of a family of whatever. When you guys hated that for a couple of months I lost touch.

Attached: clean.jpg (1821x2800, 619K)

It's been so long since I could see the personalities of the X-men. I think it was around the time that Yea Forums shitted on the two Ultimate X-Men issues where Gambit rescues an orphan girl from the mob and then gives her to child protective services at the end of a family of whatever. When you guys hated that for a couple of months I lost touch.

Attached: clean (1).jpg (1821x2800, 568K)

Saying an X-Men roster is the best one without cyclops in it should be a jailable offense. It’s okay though OP you were close enough

Attached: 64320739-A8D5-4A0C-87CA-B6F3C993B41F.jpg (1280x697, 580K)

X-men aren't iconic. Choose another word.

Attached: 03-28-201612.jpg (2597x3982, 1.08M)

This happens again and again. The last time I pushed through into a comfort zone then I got temp banned. Temp banned for going with the flow of a conversation. I guess I have to go posting through Yea Forums asking if my posts are invisible to everyone except more or something. Are my posts invisible?

I miss that old wolverine costume.

Get your eyes checked, kid.

Good thing I didn’t use the word iconic in my comment then, dumbass

That's Sir Alexander Dumas to you Simulated_Officer #106551472

Attached: Generation X - annual 1999 - page 00.jpg (967x1515, 586K)

Post your ideal X-team

Attached: TO ME, MY X-MEN.jpg (1230x1230, 1.09M)

Template

Attached: 1506100197029.png (1230x1230, 9K)

So confident of my take on what makes X-men good I don't want to spoil it for you and I can't take the game like this board.

Attached: 1553169988992_kindlephoto-20249665.png (1230x1230, 195K)

This is confusing. When did this lineup exist? Cyclops was long retired when Rachel was on the team and Kitty had her Shadowcat persona and when he returned didn't he go straight to X-Factor?

This is my perfect lineup.

> Cyclops
> Emma Frost
> Storm
> Magneto
> Monet
> Cannonball

Attached: Extinction Team (2).png (1360x1278, 2.48M)

Cyclops
Wolverine
Beast
Storm
Jean Grey
Gambit
Rogue
Iceman
Archangel
Colossus
Psylocke
Bishop

Magneto
Omega Red
Sabertooth
Juggernaut
Marrow

Truth.

That's the Valhalla team. Annual #9 and New Mutants Special.

False as fuck. She was universally despised. Stop trying to spin it otherwise. You're lying.

ok but it's not

>classic 90s team
throw jubilee in there and we are gold

I mean... there was the Twelve storyline that was an editorial mess from what someone mentioned here (was that him? I remember his Ages of Apocalypse tie in), later on when he got X-Treme X-Men they were giving a lot of the A-team characters to morrison to fuck up and left him playing second fiddle...

if I recall that was at the end of it

Reading through Claremont's run now and almost at the Mutant Massacre arc. When do Bishop and Cable and time travel stuff start showing up?

Cable is New Mutants, somewhere around issue 80 (after Inferno). Bishop is after Muir Island Saga.

4-6 is the optimal team size imo. Any bigger and characters lose focus, any smaller and you risk it becoming a glorified solo.

Ok I'll probably miss it then, outside of Sienkiewicz art I find it pretty hard to get through NM. All of Claremont's flaws with none of his strengths imo.