What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: YA-Hub_BlogRoll_57d8d8bce737d0.46000269.jpg (440x330, 73K)

Mother Panic or whatever that shit was.
Everything else was great.

Delays on the flagship title.

shade wasnt psychedelic enough

Gerard Way's time management skills

shade was one of the better comics of the last decade or so.

>Mother Panic or whatever that shit was.

yeah that was awful

>DC's
It's a mystery

This. Everything was weird and enjoyable except for Mother Panic, whiich is just a reskinned Batman style comic.

All the books except Mother Panic where good.

>unpopular Yea Forums opinions
I liked Mother Panic.

Did the last issue of Doom Patrol even come out? I remember it being delayed for a long ass time.

Nobody wants new lines.

Doom Patrol had a good point to stop at.

It did not.

Just go read Batwoman by JH Williams. Then you'll go "ohhhh".

>Doom Patrol
Good Book. A well done tribute to several incarnations (Morrison, Pollack, Giffen, Drake/ Premiani runs) The flagship title that was constantly late, to the detriment of Milk Wars
>Shade
Really cute send up to Milligan and Ditko, while still being something that young girls could read and get something out of.
>Cave Carson
Let me put it like this: reading this comic felt like playing a 16 bit era video game, and I mean that in the best way possible.
>Mother Panic
Blah blah, Girl with the dragon tattoo meets Batman.
>BUG! The adventures of forager
Mike and Laura Allred doing thier thang (I miss Madman). Very Kirby.

Still like Mother Panic better.

Way got pulled away by Umbrella Academy and the line suffered because of it.

I really hope we get Deluxe Editions or Omnibuses for Shade and Carson two of the best books from the line

This unfortunately is the reason. Young Animal was already facing an uphill battle with a bunch of esoteric titles featuring brand new or very unfamiliar characters. Doom Patrol should have been the anchor of the line, but the delays not only caused the majority of interest in the line to dry, it wound up botching the crossover right out of the gate.

I contend that Mother Panic was the line's weakest title, but admittedly I didn't even bother with Eternity Girl ( I don't think anyone enjoyed that). The problem is that while trying to be Young Animal's accessible title with a recognizable city and cameos from Bat Family characters, it felt more Violet belonged in Detective Comics rather than Young Animal. The entire premise would've worked better if she operated in Bludhaven or Hub City.

Good analysis. Cave Carson was fun and probably the only title to have a decent volume 2.

Which reminds me, the relaunch after Milk Wars ruined the line. It was clear after the first issue of each comic that Young Animal was canceled and the plots had to be rushed through (Shade really suffered from this). Young Animal could've left on a higher note had it ended with Milk Wars, and that's saying something considering how Yea Forums memed that inflation image for a few months.

bringing in Orlando to write an event was fucking retarded

I remember Milk Wars happening, and that was it. It ended for me there.

Also Milk Wars was just weird, and not in an impressive or meaningful manner.

I really liked that they utilized Spotify playlists to give the books a soundtrack

Gerard Way took a franchise his mentor used to make a statement against the status quo, a run that ended with he charterers giving up and hoping for a better world in limbo, he took those characters and as if it wasn't bad enough he couldn't deliver scripts on time, he had to derail 3 other series and put them on hold so they could participate in his epic crossover event. The funny part is that his delays were so bad he still didn't catch up until they did the crossover event event.

>Also Milk Wars was just weird, and not in an impressive or meaningful manner.

Honestly the biggest issue with it was that it was too disconnected due to the way it tried to do one issue per book without properly connecting to the larger story until the very end. If you already didn't read all the books it was even worse than in a usual crossover.

I liked the individual issues but yeah it was very disjointed as a whole and didn’t make much sense

Mentally ill trannys.

>trannys

Attached: 1552281370606.png (658x543, 404K)

The decision to let this smarmy arrogant dicksucker write comics.

Attached: steveorlando-x.png (633x421, 435K)