Why did they call it shield in captain marvel when they didn't name it shield until iron man?

Why did they call it shield in captain marvel when they didn't name it shield until iron man?

Attached: AgentCoulson.jpg (3000x2000, 271K)

It was already named SHIELD, Coulson was just so by-the-book he avoided the acronym around civilians.

user it’s been called SHIELD for decades prior to that. Pay attention

Nope, he said multiple times that they were working on making it shorter

He was fucking with Pepper you autist.

Wrong. It's another pointless retcon designed to make Captain Marvel the most important movie in the series.

There are A LOT of valid retcons to bitch about and yet you fabricate one yourself just to go on a autistic rant?

Nanomachines son.

Literally not fabricated. user legit found another inconsistency in the story simply because Disney wanted Carol to succeed so badly.

That was always retarded. So they named the organization "Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division" and it took 60 years until someone thought "Hey, wait a minute! Those words just happen to form the acronym S.H.I.E.L.D!".

I'm glad this was retconned.

These are based on comic books.

Coulson was just playing coy with Stark. After all, Stark's father was one of the founders of S.H.I.E.L.D.. It just goes to show how little Stark was involved with what his own father was doing (which was kind of the point of Iron Man 2).

Plus, in the Agent Carter One Shot, Howard had already used the acronym "S.H.I.E.L.D."

Howard and Peggy founded S.H.I.E.L.D. and they may have chosen a name that would spell out "shield" in honor of Captain America.

In AoS, Ward even says "Someone really wanted our initials to spell out shield."

Also, The Incredible Hulk (the very next movie after Iron Man came out), has an opening sequence where you can see files that are dated 2004-2007 (before the events of Iron Man) and some of the files say "S.H.I.E.L.D. File" or "Nick Fury Shield Command".

S.H.I.E.L.D. was founded in the late '40s or early '50s, I highly doubt it would take them 50+ years to realize their name spells out "shield".

The fuck are you even talking about? You’re still wrong, because Howard Stark names in before Carol’s movie took place. Fuck off with your nonsense

This:

>using the word "homeland" in the pre-9/11 era

They fucked up.

>they didn't name it shield until iron man?

Attached: 1512702352952.png (485x443, 22K)

Kek This nigga

That doesn't prove OP wrong it just shows they forgot this earlier than realized. This is just the first time that fuck up was in a mainline movie

>It's deep lore. Didney would never make a mistake

Attached: 1553064226203.png (1200x1042, 247K)

>OP desperately trying to move the goalpost
It’s been a thing way longer than Carol’s events, which took place in the late 80s-early90s. Stop being dumb

Fucking idiot. SHIELD was a big part of Ant-Man's flashback scenes with Hank Pym.

Carter helped found SHIELD

Because they didn't have the entire goddamn MCU planned when they made Iron Man and preventing themselves from ever saying "SHIELD" in any story set before Iron Man 1 just to appease nitpicky fuckwits is prioritizing an audience that's never happy anyway.

That's still a retcon. I'm not even OP.