Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Attached: viacom-att-directtv-promo-nickelodeon-style-nick-promo-trailer.png (400x225, 105K)

And nothing of value was lost

MTV is good

Why?

Didn't they do this a few years ago

Do people still watch television on television?

Contract expires Friday, and they haven't reached an agreement on a carriage price.

Viacom is a greedy as fuck corporation and they keep doing this to every digital television service ... They want more money and the services don't want to pay more because tell have to charge more or lose money so Viacom shills the customers to demand they get paid more to the services on their behalf ... Fuck Viacom those greedy Jew bastards

Attached: 1499529311385.gif (500x230, 2.45M)

This happened several times, this is essentially a propaganda tactic to get people (especially kids) to complain to AT&T and make it look like their fault to force their hand when it’s Viacom who wants a large increase in price paid for the service to carry the channels. Scare tactic like it’s “gone forever” unless they agree to these markups
Pretty sick

No, words
Mine is "bye"

That's only one word.

Couldn't people use that phone number against them; like call Direct TV to tell them to tell Viacom to lower their prices?

Friendship with Nickelodeon is over, Amazon and Netflix are my friends now

If nick is smart they'll go permamently into a streaming model and abandon tv.

I hope they drop Viacom they have absolutely nothing I care about and I'm tired of them pulling this shit every few years

Non-American here - how far spread is the DirectTV service there? This news sounds like it is a pretty big deal.

Viacom is the smallest of the Big Boys in the spectrum of TV conglomerates. Now that cable is weaker than ever and basically all their best channels are past their prime they basically have now bargaining chips to stay relevant. They basically have a handful of good (read popular) shows that keep them afloat like spongebob and a few select profitable properties but its not really looking good for them. Its ok though, their rat bastards even compared to the pack of shit heads they hold company with.

95% of shows on nickolodeon were absolute shit, and less people are buying cable packages because internet and streaming services. I say please let it die.

Whenever kids these days could not give less than half a shit about watching TV. They would rather be playing games and watching faggy over-the-top youtube vloggers

What is this thing?

Direct TV is dropping Viacom channels.

Y tho?

This sort of thing happens like once a year, some company doesn't want to pay so the cable company take their channels off for awhile. Might last a couple months at most.

Streaming services and co tract disputes

These matters always get resolved like an hour before the deadline. Nothing will happen.

You know which company is probably hungry for some more food, so I think this time it's not a good idea for Viacom to leave their contract now.

Attached: 1539290957135.jpg (1192x667, 93K)

Its not. This is not the first time it has happened. Its to get people as ammo against AT&T. And yes, AT&T and Viacom are shitty, and this is a tactic proved to work before in contract negotiations

I have Xfinity, so I care less.

Same thing happened a few years back, wanna say in 2012 or so. Viacom wanted to be sold as a premium package like HBO, direcTV told them to shut their basic ass up. So Viacom channels were replaced by a looping video of the direcTV president explaining how greedy Viacom is for a couple days. It worked and Viacom backed down, but insisted they'd win next time. The whole thing was pretty funny.

Ditectv has been having so many problems with Viacom channels and nonstop threatening to lose them over and over again for years now. They actually lost all Viacom channels for a couple weeks one time. This is pretty common for them.

Can't work forever though. In the next 10 to 20 years people will stop paying for cable entirely. Too expensive as opposed to the $5-$10 a month streaming services

I don't know I don't have cable, just streaming and a old style tv antenna

Doesnt matter in this case. Retarded boomers are the main target of these ads.

So start up nick direct or join up with Netflix?

Don't care. I dropped DirectTV long ago. I'm mostly on the internet anyway.

About time.

Then these service providers will start selling packaged streaming services and the cycle will continue.

My seven year old nephew said he has no idea what Nickelodeon is. :(

Money. Always money.

It's why YouTube TV does not air Viacon content. Too much money was requested by those retards.

Why is Viacom so greedy? They aren't big or popular enough to be like this

Attached: viacomimage.jpg (750x226, 33K)

So this is how Cable dies