GRANNY'S GONNA GRAB YA, user

GRANNY'S GONNA GRAB YA, user

Attached: 1512335021959.png (377x331, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SfTfXLLJlzM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jSRv4szsvUQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

try me slut

Attached: 1436181214145.gif (627x352, 2.97M)

You know I just learned recently that a bunch of people think Jafar was a more powerful genie than Genie. All because of the "I wish to be an all powerful genie" wish and how he beats Genie in Return of Jafar.

That makes no fucking sense though, by default a genie is all powerful, we see Genie go into his massive, universal form for a second when he's telling Aladdin about his phenomenal comic powers. Then at the start of RoJ he says that since he's free now his powers are only semi-phenomenal, nearly cosmic. So Jafar beats him because he's still a bound genie, not because he wished to be a more powerful genie of some crap.

I don't think I need to explain that Disney DTV sequels are crappy, but the whole premise of Return of Jafar is already flawed. If Jafar truly had the power that Genies are depicted having in Aladdin 1, there would be no conflict because he could literally re-write the whole cosmos into his image. Return of Jafar had to make both Genie and Jafar far less powerful than they logically would be just to facilitate the plot.

Jafar being more amoral with what he used his powers for would give him a natural edge anyway.

But also this When you see him doing this shit at the end of Aladdin, it's a clear indication that RoJ really undersold his power.

Attached: jafar1.jpg (600x341, 77K)

How does Jafar know what a fucking granny is.

Is it because he's a genie he suddenly gains modern day knowledge?

I remember finding this bit hilarious when I was a kid and thought it was just a non sequitur.
When I was old enough to get the reference, I realized it wasn't much of a joke.

Same reason he speaks English.
Why would you think people in Agrabah in olden times wouldn't have some informal term for a grandmother?

That fucking line. Every fucking time.

Attached: 1533658112670.gif (640x266, 3.26M)

catch me if you can kiddo

I'm sure people in Arab countries have grandmothers, user.

Besides, if Genie can make references to pop culture, I'm sure Jafar would have access to that same knowledge-base.

You did catch the part about Genie's being a slave and not being able to do anything they want right?

First off, a free Genie isn’t as powerful as a bound one.
Second, All Powerful DOES have a stipulation that it’s stronger. Genie’s have phenomenal cosmic power, but all powerful means they have zero limits.

Do you faggots really need to create a bunch of successive threads in the span of a week about a shitty line in a direct to DVD Disney film?

>When you see him doing this shit at the end of Aladdin, it's a clear indication that RoJ really undersold his power.
Except as I said we see Genie do basically the same thing while still an enslaved genie youtube.com/watch?v=SfTfXLLJlzM

So all genie's have that power and Genie as he says in RoJ has his powers downgraded now that he's free "semi-phenomenal, nearly-cosmic".

But he did have limits. He was bound by the rules of the lamp so he literally wasn't "all powerful". He was as powerful as any other full powered captive genie, which is essentially all powerful. You can't get more powerful than a being that's already all powerful like Genie was when still enslaved.

In some dubs Jafar specifically wished to be "the most powerful genie", which was his intention in the original anyways, he didn't want to be second best after Genie

>In some dubs
Foreign dubs twist meanings all the time.

His intention was to as powerful as Genie so he couldn't have his powers taken away. Captive Genies are by default as all powerful as you can be. How can you be more powerful than all powerful? Did Jafar display any feats Genie didn't?

I honestly can't believe this is a thing so many people think.

Yes.

It's such a fucking nonsense lyric, reference, and joke. I get it, he's putting an evil jazzy spin on "abracadabra" but then to follow it up with a threat that isn't a threat and is specific to their visual gag which relies heavily on the context of the ending of Psycho which makes even less sense since she's not a grandma and she's dead.

Also why would Jafar know what Psycho is? Yeah, he's a genie too but was literally imprisoned the second he became one and couldn't do anything or go anywhere outside of it.

So the "Genie can travel through time and know things he shouldn't because of that" theory doesn't really apply here.

Why in the past couple days is this bit being pushed? Did an e-celeb or something "discover" or review the movie recently?

Yeah I don't know. Genies defy space and time so they can reference what they want for their own amusement.

It's one part forced meme another part just having fun with nostalgia. It's the same thing that happened with Ruber.

Perhaps you require a knee brace as well, child

>Foreign dubs twist meanings all the time.
Saying he wanted to be the most powerful genie didn't twist up the meaning at all, he wanted to be more powerful than Genie, gaining power is a running theme in Jafar's wishes (ignoring the one that didn't work, which technically did include having power over Jasmine).
>I want to be the sultan
>I want to be the most powerful sorcerer
>I want to be an all powerful genie
Jafar is all about gaining power, he even refers himself as the most powerful on earth being before Aladdin brings up Genie, saying how he has more power than him and that he's just "second best".
maybe that's how second rate should've been called
>His intention was to as powerful as Genie so he couldn't have his powers taken away.
When Jafar says how Genie's powers exceed his own, he's not scared that Genie could take his powers away, he just wants more power than him, which all leads back to that "most powerful being on earth" line.
>I honestly can't believe this is a thing so many people think.
Most people didn't want the shitty sequels and judging by the wording in that scene and how Genie was afraid about Jafar becoming a genie it makes sense to assume that Jafar's wish basically included being more powerful than Genie overall, which did sound like his intention, fuck off with that "he didn't want his power taken away", all that shit started because Jafar said he was the most powerful being, the exact line he said before the wish was "his power does exceed my own, but not for long..."
Being more powerful than Genie was definitely part of Jafar's wish, which is something Genie obviously caught on and granted, which we can deduce by how he looked, worried and scared about Jafar's power as a genie, if he made him just another genie then they'd be equals, both Jafar and Genie knew the wish would make Jafar stronger than Genie.

Attached: Intellectual Dexter.png (232x194, 120K)

i like this new meme

>Saying he wanted to be the most powerful genie didn't twist up the meaning at all
It did. He said "I wish to be AN all-powerful genie". Genies are inhernetly all-powerful so he was effectively wishing just to be a genie.
>saying how he has more power than him and that he's just "second best".
Only in Return of Jafar where Genie also states that he's lost some of his power since becoming free.
>When Jafar says how Genie's powers exceed his own, he's not scared that Genie could take his powers away
Aladdin literally says "he gave you your power, he can take it away".
>Being more powerful than Genie was definitely part of Jafar's wish
That makes no fucking sense though because Genie was already all-powerful. Name something Genie couldn't do? He was also only bound by the rules of the Genie, same as Jafar. You can't get more powerful than all-powerful.
>Being more powerful than Genie was definitely part of Jafar's wish, which is something Genie obviously caught on and granted, which we can deduce by how he looked, worried and scared about Jafar's power as a genie, if he made him just another genie then they'd be equals, both Jafar and Genie knew the wish would make Jafar stronger than Genie.
The fuck are you talking about? Genie didn't catch onto Aladdin's plan which is why he tried to talk Jafar out of it and said "nice going Al sarcastically to Aladdin" He (like the viewer was supposed to) forgot that becoming a Genie comes with a price. Jafar made a wish, he can't just change it to make him less powerful if that was what he wanted. He made him an all-powerful genie aka a normal genie.

>Aladdin literally says "he gave you your power, he can take it away".
Which isn't what their conversation is about at all, that's just an example of how Genie is stronger than Jafar, that's why Jafar said "his power does exceed my own, but not for long...", he was planning to use his wish to become the most powerful being on earth, somehow more powerful than Genie.
>Only in Return of Jafar where Genie also states that he's lost some of his power since becoming free.
I'm not disagreeing with you on that, I'm just saying that Jafar's turn-into-genie wish was indeed supposed to outright make him more powerful than Genie at his best.
>That makes no fucking sense though because Genie was already all-powerful. You can't get more powerful than all-powerful.
Of course you can, that was part of Jafar's wish, in fact Jafar becoming a genie already made Genie himself stop being all-powerful right then since he would not be able to beat genie Jafar, since he obviously made him the strongest there is right there, specifically stronger than Genie.
>Name something Genie couldn't do? He was also only bound by the rules of the Genie, same as Jafar.
After Jafar's wish, he could obviously not beat him nor take his powers away, and that was when he was still captive.
>Genie didn't catch onto Aladdin's plan
I was referring to Jafar's wish about being THE most powerful genie, which while is't something he outright said, it's something he obviously implied with his wording before making the wish, that's what I was talking about, Genie's line there was because he knew Jafar would be the strongest there is, which is how we can assume Jafar didn't just turn into a regular genie, but rather into the strongest one, stronger than even Genie.

Genies can only do what they're asked, no more, no less. That's why it took a wish for Genie to save Aladdin from drowning despite really wanting to.

>"his power does exceed my own, but not for long...", he was planning to use his wish to become the most powerful being on earth, somehow more powerful than Genie.
A genie already is the most powerful being on Earth. As I've said numerous times now you can't get more powerful than all-powerful. Name a way Genie wasn't all-powerful?

>Jafar's turn-into-genie wish was indeed supposed to outright make him more powerful than Genie at his best.
>in fact Jafar becoming a genie already made Genie himself stop being all-powerful right then since he would not be able to beat genie Jafar, since he obviously made him the strongest there is right there, specifically stronger than Genie.
This is just your insane fanfiction. Nothing in the movies indicate this, in fact what we're shown and told completely contradicts it.

>After Jafar's wish, he could obviously not beat him nor take his powers away, and that was when he was still captive.
More fanfiction. They both displayed the exact same universal control type thing, once again showing that they were the same.

>I was referring to Jafar's wish about being THE most powerful genie
He didn't wish for that though. He wished to be AN all powerful genie, which is all captive Genies.

>Genie's line there was because he knew Jafar would be the strongest there is, which is how we can assume Jafar didn't just turn into a regular genie, but rather into the strongest one, stronger than even Genie.
More fanfiction that's contradicted by what we see and are told. You can't just change what we literally see on screen to fit your ideas.

How exactly could Jafar be more powerful than Genie? What limits did Genie have? We saw that Genie was an all-powerful Genie limited only by the rules of a genie, the exact same as Jafar was when he became one. Being more powerful than someone that's already all-powerful is an oxymoron.

GRANNYS GONNA GET YA
*dabs*
MY HANDS ARE IN THE AIR LIKE THEY JUST DO NOT CARE!

Is this the new meme you are trying to push

He saved Aladdin from the Cave of Wonders without a wish though. He just didn't do it a second time because he didn't want to be taken for granted.

Attached: virgenie.png (2114x1360, 187K)

Power wise he had no limitation, the limitation was in using it.

Genies have a power that crosses time and space.

How would Genie know who Jack Nicholsen or Woody Allen are?

Why genie has his slave bracelets again?

Attached: 4XexM.jpg (422x270, 48K)

So low IQ mongs could recognize him from the first movie.

Thousands of years in slavery can permanently turn you into a magic house negro.

Attached: 1549850266854.jpg (1168x657, 59K)

Why did Jafar say genie was always good for a laugh when in the first Aladdin, Jafar never once laughed at genie?

It's probably because the song is hot garbage.

To this day the "Grannys gonna grab you line" haunts me. What exactly does Jafar mean when he says this? Is he saying grandmas tend to grab people, and are thus like himself? Or is he saying he's seemingly harmless, like a granny, but dont underestimate him? Why would he want to associate himself with a frail old woman, let alone dress up as one? Why does Genie, in the middle of this nightmare magic fight, go over to an old woman and turn her around? I lie awake at night thinking about this shit man, I see granny Jafar climbing the walls like the fucking baby in Trainspotting

Attached: DnuY6zfUwAA3Yov.jpg (663x579, 44K)

>That episode where the Sultan reveals he’s a badass, and every child pops a boner at Greek Warrior Jasmine

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jSRv4szsvUQ

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I fear that as I lay on my death bed and reflect on my life, my last thoughts are going to be off granny Jafar and as I enter my death dream that's all I'll see as I slip into the void thinking why the fuck Jafar decided to end his song not with some cosmic show of force, but rather a disjointed, nonsensical Psycho reference. Like fuck why did Genie even approach the old lady to begin with? "Oh man this sure is a bad situation, better run to the random old lady and see if she can help a genie out. I sure hope she's not Jafar."

>cartoons used to be 27 minutes long
They used to have decent music too. Not sure of they're reusing or what, but having a full orchestra is pretty sweet. Hate the stock cartoon sound effects though.

Looks better. Otherwise he's just a big blue torso.

Damn, I should watch the series again. I don't remember Jasmine in this outfit. Actually it explains a lot about my Wonder Woman obsession.

The stock sounds are pretty minimal, usually relegated just to the Genie.

The only main problem is that the Genie is insanely nerfed. He has to be, but even stones knock him out cold.

It’s a good show. The characters are still the ones from the movie (minus Genie, who’s still fun), the villains are great, and they have a lot of fun with the Arabian concept theme wise.

I always just figured that being bound to the lamp made Genie powerful. So the lamp most likely is the source of power, after all genies can die if you destroy their lamps.

I actually watched the series when it was new and loved it. The reason I avoided it because I was disappointed a lot of thing I revisited from my childhood and I didn't want to ruin the memories. But I think this would be still good enough.

you can see this one episode was made by the animators that did good facial expressions.

You know cartoons always had at least one of those every three episodes

Sentimental value from keeping them for so long even when no longer bound by them