If we make our Mary Sues black, no one will dare to call them Mary Sues!

>If we make our Mary Sues black, no one will dare to call them Mary Sues!

Attached: images (18).jpg (565x310, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E4e9nnJYJ9E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We just call them the N-word instead.

I like how Mary Sues are suddenly bad when they’re not white men

Another bait thread.

>N-Word
Why are you afraid of saying nigger?

I ain’t about that shit.

I'm fine with BP but never got the appeal of Blue Marvel.

"Superman but even smarter, without any weakness and black".

Neutronium is explicitly his Kryptonite expy

We could just call it affirmative action for fiction. T'challa has always had this problem. He cant have a flaw besides being too good. Pride might be the only problem he has.

He has to be brilliant and a king who is a great ruler and lets not forget an incredible fighter.

I honestly think they were so afraid of being racist they couldnt handle him having a flaw.

always made him boring too me. Wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't a super scientist level character as well as the rest.

Sources?

>mary sue
That's not what a mary sue is.

It’s Gary-Stu you pleb.

>If we make our Mary Sues black knights, no one will dare to call them Mary Sues!

Attached: sorry-but-nope.jpg (660x700, 92K)

>less umpressive than toddlers from Marvel
>it's called a Mary Sue by Marvelfags.

Batman has a load of issues that prevent him from being a true mary sue and people call him one all the time anyways

Did you even read Year One? Young Bruce gets shot and stabbed like a bazillion times. Not very Mary Sue like.

Nice bait Daisy, but you can't be a male character and a Mary Sue. It's Gary Stu and they're just as awful, not that you would know
youtube.com/watch?v=E4e9nnJYJ9E

And yet has no lasting problem on his current status as one of the most powerful beings in his universe.

>I don't believe in weaknesses
>describes weaknesses
Holy shit, even the chick interviewing her doesn't know what to say to that

I like blue marvel, but I'm a sucker for the superman, doc savage super scientists troupe. He reminds of alot of Tom strong, and probably what his grandson would be.

A status earned after like 70 years of being the highest selling comic book character.
Who the fuck is Blue Marvel?

The two characters at the OP picture are better than Batman at every single thing. They are smarter, richer, stronger, faster, tougher, etc. You can't come up with a single thing that Batman does better than Black Panther or Blue Marvel.

If Batman is a Mary Sue, than those are are the Mariest Sues in all fiction.

Being invulnerable has never been a Mary Sue trait. The original Mary Sue died at the end.

Being a Mary Sui isn't about power level it's about punching above your power level and it's about the universe warping itself around you to give you plot armour.

Well, Batman can at most fight agasint Superman.

Black Panther, though? He has defeated Mephisto, Galactus, Bast, Logus, etc.

Batman merely fighting agasint Superman makes him a Mary Sue, but Black Panther defeating all those characters much stronger than Superman is different?

>much stronger then superman
>existing
Pick one user

>it's about punching above your power level and it's about the universe warping itself around you to give you plot armour.

Attached: 1523582404154.png (619x394, 585K)

>especially if we make them even MORE of a Gary Stu
Seriously, it’s astounding how Gary Stuish those two nigs are when compared to other white characters that people call “Gary Stus”.

Mary Sue is a meaningless term now, everyone just calls the character they hate a Mary Sue or Gary Stu.

So, those who believe that Batman is a Mary Sue also believe that Superman is the strongest character in all fiction?

I am not surprised.

Honestly I wouldn't really deny Black Panther being a Mary Sue, most capes are in the end since they are stories about defeating the odds and going beyond yourself. Ranking which one is the less overpowered seems useless, and linking any traits to them (racial or others) is grasping at straws to fit an aganda.
You hate white guys? Batman and Iron Man are Mary Sue
You hate black guys? Black Panther is a Mary Sue
You hate women? Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman are Mary Sue
Mary Sue is so overused in wrong contexts that it means nothing anymore.

Vibranium is a mary sue

Attached: 1797720-scan0017.jpg (1280x2012, 749K)

See, this we ain't gonna do.

Where is Stardust these days?

We see Surfer and Terrax all the time, but never Stardust

Fact is he still beat Silver Surfer, user.

>t. Someone who's never read that comic
Thank you for providing context for people like him

see

I'm surprised you don't know. Stardust sacrificed itself a long, long time ago during the aftermath of Annihilation to Galactus, in order to save the last species of sentient galaxies or globular stars from getting consumed by him. Galactus regarded Stardust as "merely a morsel" to sate his appetite, but decided to let the sentient galaxies go.

1. You don't know what a Mary Sue is. Mary Sue does not mean 'powerful character.'

2. Are you implying that Batman and Superman are not acceptable? If Batman and Superman ARE acceptable, why are Black Panther and Blue Marvel not acceptable?

Attached: huhhhhh.png (1211x956, 135K)

Whoah

Batman could still beat them both though.
Batman's power is that he gets to win against literally anyone.
Batman would kill every villain in the DC universe if not for his code.

Attached: 1550990294563.png (983x949, 2.04M)

Literally has no limit to abilities
Superman is more powerful then most beings in marveling not most of fiction

>1. You don't know what a Mary Sue is. Mary Sue does not mean 'powerful character.'
Isn't Superman called a Mary Sue by Marvel fans on the grounds that he is "too powerful"?

>2. Are you implying that Batman and Superman are not acceptable? If Batman and Superman ARE acceptable, why are Black Panther and Blue Marvel not acceptable?
Superman and Batman are constantly called Mary Sues by Marvel fans, though. If they are unnaceptable, why Black Panther and Blue Marvel should be any different?

>tricking someone into thinking they have the upper hand so they reveal their plan is losing

>Isn't Superman called a Mary Sue by Marvel fans on the grounds that he is "too powerful"?
No. Superman is called a Mary Sue by casuals. Most Marvel fans do read DC, by the way, and vice versa.

>Superman and Batman are constantly called Mary Sues by Marvel fans
See above.

Rise above this retarded companywars garbage. You're better than this, user. Or, at least, you can be.

Batman has been a Mary Sue for a while and everyone with any taste hates it

>REEEEEEEEEE BATMAN WINS AGAINST EVERYONE
>REEEEEEEEEEE SUPERMAN HAS NO LIMITS AND IS THE STRONGEST CHARACTER IN ALL FICTION
Amazing. And this coming from Marvelfags trying their hardest to protect Black Panther (someone who wins more often than Batman does, against much stronger opponents) and Blue Marvel (someone who never had any limit and weaknesses).

Can Batman defeat Mephisto, Galactus and Bast the same way Black Panther does?

If not, then he isn't a Mary Sue.

>And this coming from Marvelfags trying their hardest to protect Black Panther (someone who wins more often than Batman does, against much stronger opponents)
Nigga, Batman has defeated the entire Justice League, plus Darkseid. He is in the same tier of retarded overshooting as BP.

>Blue Marvel (someone who never had any limit and weaknesses).
Are you not even reading this thread? Hell, do you even read comics? Blue Marvel's kryptonite equivalent is neutronium.

Can Black Panther kill Darkseid?

>even though comics are full super smart and powerful men and women, i don't like it when they're black
That's all you had to say OP.

Attached: smug-cage.png (325x387, 139K)

>Marvelfag
Seriously? Corporate dick sucking? What is this, Yea Forums?

Nothing in that page implies it was a trick, just that the Surfer wanted to hear more

>Can Batman defeat Mephisto, Galactus and Bast the same way Black Panther does?
Theoretically, yes.

By the way, Black Panther has never defeated Mephisto and Galactus. Not in a fight. He tricked Mephisto and just talked to Galactus for a while. You're being highly facetious here.

>black
>smart
i accept all kind of fictions
but fully retardation is just not for me

It's you again. You were told before that he didn't "defeat" fucking Galactus and that he also didn't defeat Bast, he conquered the White Tiger within himself in conceptual battle against Logos (logic, acta non verba). You fucking casual who skimmed through Wikipedia probably.

>Can Batman defeat Mephisto, Galactus and Bast the same way Black Panther does?
Yes.

Attached: 8D175DC8-1C6D-48F3-A8A4-AEECFAD6184D.png (556x589, 685K)

>Batman takes the bullet that Darkseid used to kill Orion and shots Darkseid with it
>He literally just pulls a trigger
>He fails, Darkseid doesn't die and Bruce gets fucked by the Omega Beams
>Darkseid is then finally defeated by Superman and Flash
>pulling a trigger, failing to kill Darkseid and getting fucked in the process somehow makes Batman a Mary Sue
Imagine if Batman was written like Black Panther? "I built a machine that will protect us from the erasure of all reality by those omnipotent Beyonders". If pulling a trigger is already too much, imagine if he could do what Black Panther does.

It's the Silver Fucking Surfer fighting Black Panther, user. Use your brain

>Omega Beams
reeeeeeeeee

Darkseid did die. He just made it so he got brought back.

He died and ressurrected in the dsme second? Because Bruce achieved NOTHING with the bullet, and got completely fucked in return.

If Batman was Black Panther, though.

>Heh, I built a machine that will rewrite reality. In this new rewritten reality, you will be dead, Darkseid. This is power of my intellect.

It amazes me how people are bringing up specific instances of two characters with 70 years baggage of stories to justify which one is the least well written when OP was just being racist.
But go on, it's fun to watch.

Attached: laughing at you.png (593x350, 358K)

it's not like the word mary sue even carries any weight anymore. These days any character who is competent who isn't liked is labelled a mary sue

Yes
He beats cosmic level threats regularly because lolpreparation

Superman and James Bond

Superman loses and dies pretty regularly
James Bond is a spy character but he also has tons of skills that he lacks, particularly in the more recent movies

Same argument can be applied to Black Panther and Blue Marvel so what’s your point? Just admit it’s unacceptable to you unless they’re white dudes.

If a bunch of omnipotent beings launched a cosmic ray whose effect is to erasure all reality, would Batman be able to build a ship that is immune to omnipotency in one week like Black Panther did?

It’s been years since I read Secret Wars but I’m sure Reed Richards did that

Then you shoukd read it again, because it was T'Challa.

All Reed did was look at the blueprints repeating "really smart design, really smart design".

So, if Batman built a ship immune to omnipotency in one week, would you call it great writing (like you guys did for "Time Runs Out") or Batwank (like you call every little thing done by Batman)?

>Wait, they're not white?
>Then I now hate mary sues!!!! Raaaa!

Why were they make so many "Superman, but in Marvel" characters anyway?

Attached: New_chloe.png (266x500, 74K)

Batman has laid the smackdown on Darkseid with his hellbat armor

Attached: aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xNDAvMzI2L29yaWdpbmFsLzQuanBn.jpg (1200x923, 308K)

Because Superman is the archetypal superhero.

>Hellbat is only good enough for Batman to punch Darkseid without hurting him, grabbing Damian's corpse and run back to Earth before Darkseid could destroy him.
>"S-See? Batman totally defeated Darkseid!1!"
Do you guys even read the stories you complain about?

Source? Sounds interesting

Darkseid was bleeding a lot after the Hellbat attack

T Challa is not a Mary Sue, stop being a baby

A "Mary Sue" is about not having character flaws. It's not about who can beat up who. And Batman has a fuck ton of character flaws. He is in no way portrayed as always right. In fact, the opposite happens quite a lot.

Was he bleeding as much as Mephisto when Black Panther forced his chest open and took his heart out?

Attached: ykGmTpT.jpg (780x1200, 271K)

Seems like something Batman could have pulled off easily desu

It was funny seeing Bendis get triggered by Blue Marvel that he had to make a scene with him going "I had a phdd" and then get owned by Nova and Luke Cage.

Attached: 7Wt7meL.jpg (666x1010, 142K)

A Mary Sue is still a Mary Sue. Even when they have a different skin color.

Nice. I guess Bendis can be based sometimes.

What a shitty page, my god. I'm sure there were better ways to send the point across.

>Nigger Panther
>Super-Genius; greater than Stark, on par with Richards
>Peak Body; on par with Captain America
>Super-Martial Artist; on par with Shang-Chi, Iron Fist and the like
>King of the MOST ADVANCED NATION ON EARTH
>has random stats like "voted sexiest man alive 5 times"
>makes all "da white women lust for da Bee-Bee-Cee"
>better King than any other; including Doom, Namor, Black Bolt, Magneto
>benevolent and always wants the best for everyone
>villains like Doom begrudgingly respect him, heroes love him
>whenever he's in a room with Stark he either bellitles him or slaps him
>Reed considers him his best friend after Ben
>in Civil War was shown as "da scientist with a heart" to offset "da ebil white mechanical males"
>is the only one to say no to the Illuminati and show that the "ebil white males" are just power hungry
>only flaw is "pride"
>only conflict is that "ebil whites" and some other nogs want his kingdom, but he always gets it back

>Nigger Marvel
>smarter than Reed Richards
>more powerful than the Sentry
>Godfather to Uatu the Watcher's kid
>first and best super-hero (super-hero; not vigilante) to the US, taken out of comission because of ebil whitey
>such an injustice was done to him, that Stark started harassing 80 geriatrics because he was SO MAAAAAAAAD
>made a blonde Aryan woman reject her family and "ebil ways" by the power of "da Bee-Bee-Cee"
>6'6" GigaChad
>everybody loves him
>only flaw is that he's such a good person that some take issue with that
>best friend is literally a white guy who hates racism and Brashear has to stop him from killing all "ebil racists" because he's above all that
>only conflict is that his youngest son blames him for his elder borther's transformation into Quasi-Doc Manhattan, but eventually they make up together

Wow, such interesting and not Gary Stu characters! Boy, I cannot imagine how we got by all these years! Like, Batman, Iron Man, all of these Gary Stus disgust me!

Attached: 1552568578362.gif (307x173, 1.76M)

If Batman had created a force field that changes the laws of the universe every 30 seconds in order to defeat a creature as powerful as Mephisto, Marvelfags would scream "BATWANK!" so loud that we wouls never hear the end of it.

No the real reason is that Black Panther has all the pride, ego, and dumbassery as Tony but rarely gets his shit kicked in for it. Even Coates run had him cover for some of his Royal cousins raping women like they're congo warlords and when the two lesbian chicks go Punisher in the rapist, he had to kill them because his mother wanted to cover up the rapes and keep the Royals in power. They have slave labor with abusing a lower caste of Africans absorbed by a neighboring nation but he lets it all happen because he's a king and shit. He demonizes the western world for their excess/colonizer issue when Wakanda is even more colonialist/imperial than most of the western world, especially with the Space Wakandan arc.

People like Luke Cage because while he isn't BP levels if intelligent, he's a survivor and adaptable in a more realistic sense. He actually does his best for his community but doesn't think he's god because kangz and sheeit. He'll admit when he's wrong if it will actually help his community and is a total bro to those he trusts. BP thinks that being a kang means having to be a hypocritical littlefinger bastard, proselyting his kinglyness to everyone because of his ego and never admitting he's wrong until someone like Shuri or some other relative gets killed or hurt for the umpteenth time.

Sauce on this page?

What's with all of the anti-BP threads today?

Are Carolfags trying to deflect and distract from how shitty he is by throwing the black man under the bus?

Batman has beaten the Spectre just by kicking him in the face

No, this is all DC trying to deflect from the upcoming announcement today of Hickman's book, merely hours away. T'Challa and Adam are Carol's allies.

You mean the one time he hit Spectre that stunned him into silence before Spectre revealed he just let Batman kick him so that he could feel like he was trying before he effortlessly just dealt VENGEANCE and Batman couldn't do shit to stop him?

I think people would be a lot more forgiving of Black Panther if, after attacking these guys, Mehpisto just got back up and was like 'yeah, that did nothing to me, I just wanted to let you feel like you were trying. Good job.' Then bam, INSTANT LOSS. All that prepwork did jack shit and BP just failed.

>I think people would be a lot more forgiving of Black Panther if, after attacking these guys, Mehpisto just got back up and was like 'yeah, that did nothing to me, I just wanted to let you feel like you were trying. Good job.' Then bam, INSTANT LOSS. All that prepwork did jack shit and BP just failed.
Well here's T'Challa precisely trying to beat one of the most powerful Heralds Galactus took under his mantle, and failing... With a good amount of prepwork as well.

Attached: t-challa_vs_anti-man.jpg (575x917, 113K)

Black Panther is only a Mary Sue in certain writers runs. OP is one of them, but also stuff like Coates’ run.
The issue is that people treat these situations like “TChalla is so cool because he can do everything” but he lacks character or a distinct temperament or any indicator that there’s anything going on under the hood other than what needs to happen for TChalla to solve the issues at hand

>T'Challa and Adam are Carol's allies.
I'd literally rather read about any of other the Ultimates before Carol, even America

Yeah okay I totally haven't heard that one before, you'd prefer to read Goddess Mode before anything Carol, I get it, you're an obsessed nerd, nobody cares.

They’re Batman and Superman except they’re black. Anything Blue Marvel and Black Panther can do, Batman and Superman can do it. Build a machine to stop some cosmic enemy? Superman and Batman have done it. Prep time gadgets for any villain? That’s Batman’s thing. I know this shit is bait, but come on.

Sorry that I didn't see this earlier, but this happened in Heralds of Galactus #1 (2007).
And yeah, it is a damn good story actually.

Attached: Annihilation - Heralds of Galactus 001-028.jpg (1920x2951, 1.05M)

Looked it up and it seems like Stardust intentionally fed Galactus the last of her race but survived the experience

Yep I just read it, I didn't remember the exact details, but it looks like it also sets up the Silver Surfer abandoning Galactus.

No then they would be Shaka Stulus

Any character can be a Mary Sue depending on who's doing the writing.The truth is that 99% of characters aren't actually Mary Sues but there are some characters who are seen as Mary Sues.

The term Mary Sue/ Gary Stu basically means character I hate now instead of what it meant originally.

Here

Attached: annhog_01_024.jpg (1280x2008, 741K)

Attached: annhog_01_025.jpg (1280x2008, 895K)

Attached: annhog_01_026.jpg (1280x1995, 749K)

Attached: annhog_01_027.jpg (1280x2017, 854K)

>I like how Mary Sues are suddenly bad
They've always been bad you retard

Attached: annhog_01_028.jpg (1280x2019, 831K)

Attached: annhog_01_029.jpg (1280x1998, 753K)

Black Panther can be good character without all that shit when written well. Like in Priest's run.

Attached: annhog_01_030.jpg (1280x2000, 1012K)

Attached: annhog_01_031.jpg (1280x2000, 806K)

Attached: annhog_01_032.jpg (1280x1998, 1.04M)

Attached: annhog_01_033.jpg (1280x1996, 856K)

Attached: annhog_01_034.jpg (1280x2018, 894K)

Attached: annhog_01_035.jpg (1280x2020, 828K)

Attached: annhog_01_036.jpg (1280x2003, 1.01M)

Attached: annhog_01_037.jpg (1280x2043, 738K)

Attached: annhog_01_038.jpg (1280x2043, 918K)

End

Attached: annhog_01_039.jpg (1280x2021, 884K)

I know Iceman is low key insanely OP, but he really shouldn't be able to defeat Dr Strange like that.

EVEry little thing Batman does is bat wank because he always has borderline on omniscient knowledge of what needs to be done and he basically has no personality in most recent runs.

Thank you for posting it, I was gonna do it myself but power went out just now, hah!

That sucks. Stardust was one of my favorite heralds.

thanks for the dump

She's still alive, read up! She sacrificed the last of her species, not herself. But as far as I'm aware she hasn't appeared anywhere else since then...
A quick look into the last appearances at comicbookdb shows... A bunch of minor appearances and Encyclopedias. She's been forgotten.

I mean the book is called the Ultimates, everyone on that team was a master.

Mary Sues are always bad. Here’s your (you)

ultimate disappointment

Speak for yourself, I loved it. I even enjoyed Carol and America Chavez when written by Ewing.

Why exactly does Galactus have to eat worlds inhabited by sentient and sapient beings again? I never really understood that. I know that he's not malicious, and that he must in fact do so because great cosmic entities have tasked him with eating worlds for a specific purpose.

I felt bummed the same way I did with Annihilators

What exactly bummed you out about it? That series basically got me deep into comics and researching about obscure shit. I put Ultimates and Annihilation among the cornerstone series that I always look back to.
I became a low key America fan BECAUSE of Ultimates, but after that Rivera decided to shit on her so basically I wasn't allowed to like her anymore.

He doesn't, idiot. Read a fucking comic and you'd know that Norrin Radd (that's the Silver Surfer for your uneducated ass) would specifically find planets without life or non-sentient life for him to consume.

Priest literally had him fuck a blondie the moment he set foot in America, he wrote the issues where he completely humiliated Stark in any and all areas, he wrote the Mephisto keikaku, and so on and so forth. Let's not pretend that Priest is different than any other nigger. Just because Hudlin was the niggerest nigger to ever Kang, doesn't mean Priest is any better.

"Preptime Deus Ex Machina" Batman? Sure as hell he can.

Batman's current character arc is about how he's broken after a failed marriage and can't function at all, breaking toilets and abusing criminals. Hardly flawless.

But that's racist.

Too far man