OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes

>Rad and Enid are kind of just shitty teens. Like, they’re not really great people. They’re kind of just jerks to themselves and each other... And they would probably be pretty miserable if they didn’t have a kid around who thought that they were the greatest and most important people of all time, even though they are kind of scrubs. And KO being there sort of lets these characters be a little more vulnerable, and they grow a lot because they have him around.
Why haven’t you listened to Ian JQ and Toby Jones’s interview on the What A Cartoon! podcast yet, Yea Forums?

whatacartoonfeed.libsyn.com/what-a-cartoon-ok-ko-lets-be-heroes-tkos-housecrossover-nexus-with-showrunners-ian-jones-quartey-and-toby-jones

Attached: ~The Purest OT3~.png (1052x987, 512K)

I just want Enid and Rad end up together.

Because this cartoon is terrible.

I am right now and its amazing! Not even halfway through but it makes me want to rewatch the show.

I don´t know what insight I can gain from listening to. It´s not like it has an interesting story.

WHERES THE NEW EPISODES IAN?

rad is cute

bearbones is C A N O N

Ian you are a hack and a terrible show runner. the only reason anyone cares about OK KO is because they some how find those lollipop handed freaks you draw attractive.

>00:42:00

Ask CN. Only they know.

I'd let Enid brap in my face if you know what I mean

>Has had low ratings since the start of the show
>Ratings continue to rapidly decline
>When new episodes are aired, they're burned off on Sundays along with the confirmed cancelled PPG 2016
>Animation insider says the show is done
>Ian JQ doesn't even know if the show will be continuing, he just knows more episodes from the currently airing season are coming.

The writing is on the wall guys, it's over.

Attached: 6FCq5Iu.jpg.png (402x321, 154K)

Ugh I fullviewed this KO and saw the fucking S meme on the paper bag and got instantly pissed off. Glad this show is fucking over.

Ian shilling his shitty "on model doesn't matter" for anything other than his show is just inane. You can't keep saying the same thing when Garnet and Steven changed size multiple times in one single episode, for absolutely no reason. No jokes. No plot. Nothing.
But for his show? Sure. Whatever. He actually gave reasons for it.

lol at how actually horny he is for Ghoul School. I thought it was just Yea Forums making stuff up.

I really really like this show. A shame that CN seems to be taking the largest brunt in this downward trend of cable tv animation.

What's kinda sad if you think about it is that CN is probably suffering the most because they weren't relying on existing brands for the most part and were pumping out lots of entirely new shows (in between all the Teen Titans Go)

I don't know why they didn't just make less shows with higher quality control though. Maybe they just wanted as many potential hits as possible, rather than focusing on one new show that might become a failure.

Shoulda made the robots the protagonists

CN has the smallest budget of the three, doesn't really excuse the shit art, but it's a possible reason.

I barely made it through the podcast's theme song, holy shit.

Agreed.

S meme?

>lol at how actually horny he is for Ghoul School. I thought it was just Yea Forums making stuff up.
Didn't listen to the podcast yet, is that discussed?

>CN is probably suffering the most
CN is the #1 TV network for kids tho. America is one of the few countries where Nick and disney beat it. Nick is a huge failure everywhere but america. Americans just hate cartoons.

Sorry I only have US stats to work with, but yeah that makes sense.

Nothing new, really. Just that when asked what crossovers they would want to do, Ian fucking jumped at it and immediately said "Ghoul School!".
And that there's another crossover thing coming, but not as big as the Nexus bullshit. Also, we might see Garnet in the future.

How? They were literally throw-away designs from when nobody wanted this shit of a show, and it was a video game.
Really, as interesting as that behind the scenes was, you can really tell why this is doing so poorly. There never was a solid idea behind it. Even from the beginning. Honestly, Ian's about to George Lucas all over if he doesn't get his shit right.

>I'd let Enid brap in my face
I don't. Please elaborate

Attached: Enid's Ass Wishes You a Happy New Year.jpg (1280x1280, 374K)

>that part where they're talking about how they'd just let all the staff contribute random joke characters and they'd use all of them

holy shit that explains everything. what a fucking mess.

Honestly, with how much better all the side characters are, I would say that Ian's at least putting in some effort of getting away from George-Lucas-ing his own show completely by letting other people in.
That bit with the actual creator of Venomous going "No, he has to be hot" got to me good.

That's just for the visuals, though. And like user here I at least give them credit for having a goal for their look. Even if most of the time it ends up looking like dog-shit instead of whatever comedic liveliness Ian's was going for.
But defending SU on the same shit is, well, shit.

>>Rad and Enid are kind of just shitty teens. Like, they’re not really great people. They’re kind of just jerks to themselves and each other... And they would probably be pretty miserable if they didn’t have a kid around who thought that they were the greatest and most important people of all time
fuck you Ian. that's just a fucking excuse not to think, I don't believe customers would appreciate being told to fuck off because "I don't get them". fuck you.

Attached: 1539405147600.jpg (236x236, 12K)

I mean yeah but then they've that dog character right, the stupid looking dog who just shows up in the background of random scenes because he looks stupid. That's his thing. But here's the problem: every other background character looks just as stupid as the dog.

No

Because the show is still nothing more than bloated nostalgia-pandering references and i have no interest in it.

I gotta admit...Rad's kinda buff

WASHBOARD ABS!

Attached: Jethro's All Yours.png (1280x720, 586K)

Why not

>I don't believe customers would appreciate being told to fuck off because "I don't get them".
Your feelings, and mine, on the show aside, customers can forever fuck off the end of my dick.

Oh boy, here we go.

Attached: OK K.O. threads.gif (448x241, 2.94M)

>OK K.O.!

Attached: Pacha.jpg (600x600, 29K)

Because I already understood the greentext part without any help. Also, I don't listen to podcasts.

I think they are like casual fuckbuddies.

Attached: pixelz01ttttttzzzzzzzz.png (845x1200, 221K)

He really likes saying that, huh? Even though he also loves saying how much he has creamed himself over other animation that doesn't use the crutch of "just a silly cartoon".

How old is Ian? He's not that old, right? So why would he have this much of a boner for Hanna-Barbera? Just because something was first, doesn't mean that something wasn't garbage. Even for its time.

He's 34. Maybe he's been watching CN all the way back when they only aired HB reruns?

>Please talk about where to find OK K.O.! and all of the related products and services.
>Toby: It's been known to air on television at times, and if you want to see it air on television more, feel free to let Cartoon Network know you'd like to see it more. If you want more episodes to be around more often, feel free to ask! Feel free to throw it out there. Couldn't hurt!
Jesus FUCK, Cartoon Network! Why do the writers and artists have to do the advertising that your marketing department constantly fails to do?!

Attached: You're Level 100.png (1920x1080, 925K)

>show isn't popular
>FUCK CARTOON NETWORK
Blame Ian, not CN. His show and the game based on the show are shit.

love this show, the podcast is a nice bit of water as we cross the desert to one day new episodes

>not CN
as jank as ian's whole operations is, you're delusional if you think cn isn't being shit with everything that's not ttg

>the customer's always right
>current networks don't mismanage their show
lol Is this nu-Yea Forums speaking, or are you two just old?

Attached: 91sn32Q.jpg (350x265, 94K)

hahahahahahaha what a fucking loser reaction hahahaha

>popular things get support, merchandise and more
>unpopular things just die
This has always been how it works. PPG got a movie because it was popular. It was canceled because the movie bombed and the later seasons did it bad.

Sure. It's not at all CN. Like it's never been Disney Channel, and it's not Nickelodeon. Nope. Never.

I love the idea/concept of the show but it seems a bit too obnoxious, should I get into it or just wait until someone else does it better?

To be fair, the last I heard from Ian is that a bunch of new episodes finished production, but they’re not sure when they’ll air. So far, there’s been no signs pointing towards cancellation; worst case scenario is that they’ll be aired in order at a snail’s pace.

Attached: 74467831.jpg (765x990, 275K)

Disney meddles like a adbombing robot. Good and bad are relative in their pockets as long as they can play the hearts and minds angle and save face via 24/7 buzzword internet spew. Along with their animation its also another reason Japan loves Disney so much because its effectively a traditional Japanese Super Zaibatsu in spirit, putting the kamen (face/mass appeal) above all else while maintaining an iron grip on both its consumers and workers. So their shows stay nit really on merch/ratings popularity, but on their value in playing the media spin to their advantage (see Star Wars, Captain Marvel, etc).

CN just doesn't care and is throwing spaghetti on the wall to see if something sticks. They know they can't beat the mouse on brand appeal so they're going for the least common denominator for simple episodic non-sequitur style shows. TTGO, Unikitty, and even SU with the last arc etc follows the sane pattern as Zombie Simpsons/Family Guy. Appeal to inanity or a false chance of the status quo with wacky hilarious hi-jinks/petulant emotional outbursts because that's what kids are (and the man/womanchildren that fangasm for these shows too are). Popularity is an afterthought as they can keep churning this slop out for peanuts like Teletoon does in Canada at a whipcrack pace.

Nick is similar but on top of non-sequitur, they also have Fox's "lifeline" flaw. They'll keep a show on that needed to die ages ago such as Spongebob while killing good shows like El Tigre too early. Loud House works because effectively its Zombie Simpsons for kids. The one thing Nick has that surprisingly they're breaking even-ish with is live action shows but only Henry Danger is Yea Forums-ish and from what I've seen its mostly femSchneider's projecting disgusting fantasies on the kid and hoping the show will throw them a bone via the cross-dressing or mind control eps. So anything they market themselves to pick up the scraps/niches that CN/Disney neglect.

>They know they can't beat the mouse
They beat the mouse. Disney movies are massive but that is all. Their tv shows do it poorly everywhere. CN is popular in almost all the countries. Nick is so unpopular than the channel doesn't exist in plenty of countries. It's CN > Disney Channel and Disney XD >>> Nick.

>"we thought all the games and the tv shows should have a different artstyle like stuff from the 90s"
>"i mean, i HATED that when i was a kid, but now that i'm an adult i think it's cool"

you're making a KIDS property, dingus. why would you do a thing kids HATE?

>ENID: KO?! you’re supposed to KICK ass, not GRAB it!
>KO: Tee-hee!

I agree but at this point I know its not gonna happen

>*BRAAAAAAAAAAP*

>K.O.: "Hehe!"

>*Rad walks out*

>Rad: "Woah! Enid! *Rad covers his nose* Oh, man, was that you!? Hahaha, hey little man do that again!"

>K.O.: "Sure thing, Rad!" *K.O. gets ready to do it again*

>Enid: *Blushing* "N-no!"

>K.O.: *Does it again*

>*BRAAAAAAAAAAAAP*

>*A crowd starts to form - Woahs and gasps can be heard*

>Enid: "Gah! K.O. p-please... pe-people are watching!"

>Rad: *Rad whips out his phone* "Hey, K.O.! Do that again, I just have to get that on stream!"

>Enid: "Rad! Stop encouraging this!"

>*Gar and Carol join the crowd and Enid spots them*

>Enid: "Gar! Carol! HELP!"

>Gar: "Hey, K.O.! Stop this this inst-" *Gar is stopped by Carol*

>Carol: "Oh, come on, Gar. Nobody's getting hurt here."

>Gar: "But...uh *Gar looks back at the scene and both sees and smells that Enid is in clear distress* ...Enid doesn't seem to..."

>Carol: *Carol grabs Gar's hands and places them on her posterior* "C'mon, Gar, what do ya say we just head on to my place and catch a whiff of my lunch?"

>Gar: *Gar blushes* "Oh. Uh uh- S-Sorry Enid but me a-and Ca- I mean Carol and I need to u-u-u-uh-"

>Carol: *Carol interrupts* "We have to go beat some butt! You kids have fun!"

>Enid "I-I WHAT! FUN!?!?!"

>K.O.: *Waves excitedly as his mom and Gar leave* "BYE mommy and Mr. Gar!"

>Gar: *Still blushing* "B-by-bye K.O.!"

>*The episode continues and ends with K.O. making Enid BRAP against her will for all to see and smell.

>THE END!

I've seen very little of this show, but is he right? Is Enid a "shitty" person? She struck me as ambivalent, but shitty seems a bit harsh.

There's just really nothing much to say about Enid or Rad besides "uh they're shitty teens". The creators understand the characters about as well as you do.

Canon

Many nights spent in the backroom of the Bodega once KO gets older

I don't know, they seem pretty nice to K.O. If they were really shitty they'd just blow him off and ignore him, like actual shitty teenagers do to little kids.

Rad is more fun because he actually gets shat on for being an asshole. Enid however gets episodes that try to excuse her shitty behavior which makes her much less fun.

Yes, this is why Enid sucks while Rad is a good character. She has apologized like...3 times? And 2 of those had no consequence.
I hate to say it but it’s clear that the writers have bias with Enid because she’s a girl and she’s their bisexual representation. They don’t want to show her with weaknesses, and as such, most of her episodes are trash.

>once KO gets older
>implying she'd wait that long

I know where we are, and what we do here, but that comment about them being shitty teenagers was just a comment, and a comment about how much worse the would be without KO, but it wasn't like a analysis on those characters from Ian or Toby.
Again, I know where we are, and what we do here.

Attached: 78d.png (970x760, 1.14M)

Do you mind? We're being mad here...

Okay Ian.

I'm not really mad, just annoyed and not by Ian's comment.

Ian just admit you fucked up with Enid

I'm just bored and confused, personally.

>not a single episode, new or rerun, has aired on TV since December
>posted clips from upcoming episodes on their YT to raise everyone's hopes; a month later and nothing has come of it

Either Ian pissed off some of the higher-ups or he's about to get Savino'd.

And Toby. Don't forget about Toby. I bet that was going to be a text-only post, but Toby Art-Directed his way to included an image.

Ian has barely done anything nearly as bad as Savino's shitfest of allegations. Just like Sugar, all he did was draw suggestive smut for Yea Forums drawthreads.

Ian's heading up the SU movie I think, so I doubt it's that he pissed off higher-ups. The show is probably just canned so it's getting the same treatment Magiswords got before it was finally pulled.

tragically underrated show
should have been the next adventure time

*Rad's kinda hot
FTFY

I think it just needed slightly higher production value. If it looked half as good as most of the shorts leading up to it then it'd have probably been a hit. But as it stands, half the time it looks like doodles in the margins of a sketchbook or that you'd draw on the notebook paper under your math notes.

when did he say that?

>low ratings
Source on that? I blame the ridiculous scheduling, though.
>When new episodes are aired, they're burned off on Sundays along with the confirmed cancelled PPG 2016
Sunday night? While it isn't a good timeslot, but it's better than Friday night's.
>Animation insider says the show is done
Wasn't that from the construction inside the studio? The staff also has the show listed on their social media.

Seriously doubt it. He has nepotism from SU and his past work on Venture Bros.

about 26 minutes in

Yeah, ok, whatever. Post more Enid a d enids mommy.

Attached: 8dd577c4117c4cd31192fb608d301d38ac14db02.png (448x563, 158K)

Attached: eb1801ad7c155489d867b214d1801d7decda3266.png (415x522, 105K)

Attached: 1551499745271.png (975x1280, 671K)

Attached: 1551483154265.png (1241x1500, 420K)

Adventure Time was very funny for the first two or three seasons, and the jokes had wide appeal and a bit of edge to them. OK K.O.'s sense of humor isn't dialogue focused, rather tame and a lot of the time jokes misfire and aren't funny at all. Inoffensive goofy faces won't sell people on a show.

Never gonna happen, man. The show wants to make it clear that platonic friendships between guys and gals can exist. Also, Red Action is the obvious endgame.

Attached: Rad and Enid's body physiques are like yin & yang.png (598x617, 80K)

>Wilhamena being unknowingly sexy so much around KO he has to rush Enid upstairs to fuck her

I like the humor and characters, I just wish their character models stayed consistent.

Attached: f72091e3-1a99-4b2a-884c-c1e6e4437ca4.gif (910x512, 1014K)

>not posting Enid’s furry bara DILF instead

Attached: 333764E4-C4FE-4728-B61E-37F21D9E610A.png (1280x1256, 1.15M)