>Invasion by a literal god and his alien army
>President kidnapped by fire people
>Dark Elves trying to delete the literal universe
>Hydra trying to kill billions
>AI robot trying to nuke Earth back to the Stone Age
>Avengers infighting
>None of these warrant calling the most powerful Avenger

What the fuck was his problem?

Attached: 84C6A669-B6C3-47F1-BF2C-54BA6BB084D3.jpg (1200x800, 44K)

i would have accepted it if he got FBI'd but yeah thats bullshit and you can't refuse it

Only one of the things you listed required Carol.
Up until IW he was confident in his team to pull shit off, he only called Carol because they failed.

>FBI'd
i mean the MIB thingy that flashes

He didn't even know what the fuck was happening but he called her immediately as opposed to years of planning the Avengers and never once mentioning her.

None of those were a threat to him and he was confident the Avengers could handle each situation

Lets end this right now Yea Forums

> She did not come into the picture by then
> If she was in the picture, she would have rescued Tony Stark from his cave, fought off Thor and Loki-bot, bitchslapped whiplash, fought Hulk, and welcomed Captain America in NYC when he wakes up

Carol was fighting a war for the sake of entire planets and galaxies. Of everything listed there I would say only the Chatari, Dark Elves and Ultron actually warranted her attention since they were world/universe ending threats and I don't think Fury even knew about the Dark Elves until it had blown over.

As for the other two, I guess you could argue that maybe they escalated to quickly for Carol to be relevant, I mean she was half a universe away and most of these things went south in an afternoon.

>I need a solution to this crisis right now!
>Waits for Carol to fly in from the other side of the galaxy, weeks later.

>Carol is willing to let her actual homewold fucking die five times over and doesn't care about its inhabitants
That is literally what you said.

>saving aliens instead of her fellow humans
yeah fuck her

In all of those situations, the Plan A team succeeded with their tactics.

>An entire alien force fended off at New York
>Fire people got shit kicked out of them by robotic suits
>Fury probably fell asleep halfway through the Dark World, like everyone else. Seriously, how do you fuck up elves hastening the end of all things so badly? Shit's creepy
>Helicarriers all killed each other
>AI robot got shit kicked out of it by stronger, slimmer, AI robot
>He read the comics, he knows Carol and infighting don't mix.

>Ultron literally 30 seconds from wiping out humans
>Fury sleeps

>helicopter crashes
>"CAROL HELP"

Because Marvel makes up the MCU as they go along. After the first Avengers movie it never made any sense why they didn't call for other Avengers to help them.

Carol is Blast

Aliens are people too user and it's not like any of the other movies listed were threats to the entire human race. HYDRA was dangerous, but there would still be a future for humanity if they won or just took more time to fight. Having your planet nuked to shit from orbit is a bit more permanent.

Also it should be noted that the Kree WERE a threat to humanity. They showed themselves willing to kidnap humans and genocide our entire race to get rid of a few dozen of the Skrulls. The motherfuckers needed to be put in their place either way.

To be fair, he doesn't start the pager until both his assistant and he start dusting away.

Though I'd pay good money to hear Jackson scream "CAROL HELP"

Because the fucking world is ending around him and The Avengers aren't there to solve it. He called Captain Marvel because he had no other immediate options available to him.

Just like real comics

You don't get and answer when you ask what's the difference between those examples compared to the end of Infinity War?

I think one of the big reasons is that Carol would take weeks to get to Earth and every MCU film has happened over the course of days.

Fury didnt want to come off as too thirst for that white woman pussy. Not while he had a tabby on tap in his office anytime he wanted.

Because shitty retrofitted writing to serve the feminist cause

I mean, at none of those points, were the Avengers actually losing. In Infinity War, Fury straight up saw people just dying all around him.

>not like any of the other movies listed were threats to the entire human race

Riddle me this: even if the Avengers were there to handle Ultron/Loki/whoever what reason is their not use everything at your disposal to stack the odds in your favor when the stakes are so high?

Shared universes always require you to ignore this kind of shit. It's the same story in the comics most of the time.

Why do they wank Carol so much?

Attached: 1537407996305.gif (250x250, 32K)

The difference is the comics have better explanations.

You really gonna trust this nigga's judgement?
He got blown the fuck out by a cat.

Because the entire point of The Avengers was to draft a team capable of handling these threats without the need to call on Carol for help every time?

>Aliens are people too
stopped reading there

The man lost his eye because he tried to cuddle an alien horror, his judgment isn't sound

Let's rank those menaces, shall we?

And this one in particular involved said god stealing the cube she trusted him with.
Come to think of it, maybe that's why he didn't call her. He was embarrassed.

this, only Ultron would make sense, but the robot could infiltrate the pager, I guess

Nick Fury wouldn’t have known about the Dark Elves plan until after the battle was already won.

I mean, when your partner turns tries to kill you and turns into a green alien, THEN the green aliens try to warn you that the cat is something truly horrible and upsetting, anyone sane would stay away from the cat.

what's the point of even having the pager if he won't use it until something horrible, and possibly irreversible, happens like the snap. I bet he would have pressed the button a millisecond before being incinerated along with the Earth's surface thanks to Ultron's meteor too—well done Fury very helpful.

>and if it doesn't work I guess we'll die

Carol is summoned immediately after the Snap, when people are still dusting. Even from the trailers and the Captain Marvel post-scene, it can be implied that she takes a considerable amount of time to respond to it, from either the galactic fringe or another galaxy entirely.

Even the producer has mentioned that Fury may have sent her a signal only to cancel it after the Avengers have won. And how many times to the Avengers have to save the world/universe before Fury start counting on them to win again?

Let's hope we can stop having this thread after Endgame.

Attached: 1502680785140.jpg (1200x900, 119K)

Die trying to stop the threat or die waiting for weeks, if not months, if not years to hope that Carol might respond and come back to help.

>Alien fleet 10 times bigger than NY
>Avengers fractured because of Civil War
>SHIELD doesn't exist anymore
>Niggas start to literally turn to dust in front of him
It's a completely different situation than the NY invasion or any of these others dude, and also

it's almost like he should have called her over before it reached that point

>>Invasion by a literal god and his alien army
This is really the only one that didn't make sense for him calling Carol. The rest you could say he had faith in the Avengers or in the case of Dark Elves didn't really know about it.

He was probably thinking about it on other times and after the Avengers split up he started carrying it in case shit really went down.

Real answer? Problem that comes with shared universes and it's on the source material.

In universe answer? Carol says at the end of the movie that the pager should be good for at least two galaxies away, she could've been farther than that. Also like the other anons said, it takes her a while to arrive. Hey, maybe Fury did call her but the problem was solved by the Avengers later so he canceled.

>This is really the only one that didn't make sense for him calling Carol.
By the time they'd realized the severity of it, it was already basically happening. It was either relying on The Avengers or dying at that point.

Its definitely reversible

It's been a while since the pager started and when it stopped and she showed up, so she might not have gotten there in time with the other situations.
And as another user pointed out, he probably didn't know all about the elf problem.

No, it isn't. And you know that. Being stupid on purpose just makes you look stupid, friend.

even though every single one of those had higher stakes than the ones in captain marvel

>Kree invasion
bad
>Chiutari invasion
not bad

Yes it is, you implied Carol wouldn't give a shit if billions of her own people died because of vague sense of "emergency" and that she would be a petty cunt about saving lives if she was called back

Even if the Avengers did have it under control, there's no guarantee they'd win, and it would be a good idea to introduce the god-lady to the rest of the team so they know there's another ally they could count on somewhere.

they are making this up as they go along. just like lucas. don't believe they have a actual plan beyond farting out movies and toys

This post actually does bring up a question.

Even if he hit the pager, how long would it take for her to actually get there from wherever she was? How much time on earth would have passed? And is she actually older than the twenty odd years that have passed because of this?

Lightyears travel has always eluded me.

Im sorry no one seethed with you here so ill give ya a pity (you)

Poor little dkek

Why does this need to be Re-explained every 2 days?

The real reason Fury reaches for the thing is because his own staff is melting and he can't contact anyone else. It's literally the only proactive thing he can do in that situation whereas in other situations he had options.

The mid-credits scene in Captain Marvel obviously takes place at least a few days after the end of Infinity War, and most of the movies' conflicts are resolved pretty quickly. I like to imagine that he did call her during them, but she always showed up just as everything was solved.
>Fury, I got your message, what's wrong!?
>It's okay, there was an alien invasion, but we stopped it.

>Fury-
>Robot uprising, it's been dealt with.

I hate this Cinema sins lazy ass "Druhh, I found a plot hole cause I'm too lazy to pay attention" internet culture.

Lets think ...
>Fury pages her just as shit starts being snapped away.

Remember this for later ...
Ok ..
>Cap and friends are in motherfucking AFRICA when the snap happens.
>They go back to New York
>At some point they set up the monitoring stuff and change clothes.
>They try to contact Fury, no good.
>They track down his Van and find this Pager looking thing
>They take it back to the hang out and set up a whole ROOM devoted to keeping it powered and sending a signal cause they don't know who it's sending a signal to but they know it had to be Fury's.
>BW seems to be looking forward to seeing who the fuck this thing contacted and seems annoyed at how long it's been on.
>CM shows up.

So, how long do you think that took? Would you stay it took longer than the span every other "Oh SHIT" Marvel world wide event? Do you not think that Fury may have paged her before but had to tell her to turn around because the Avengers handled it in the time it takes her to get to earth?

Also, do you think Carol is just on a beach sipping drinks in the sun or do you think maybe not only is she far away but also busy doing other shit?

>Lightyears travel has always eluded me.
The closer you get to Lightspeed(which can only be approached, never obtained because you carry mass), the slower your perception of time goes.
Let's say you take a trip to space and back the distance of one light year. Let's assume that you can achieve that speed near instantaneously without destroying everything around you.
While one year passes on earth, you will only perceive a bare fraction of that, maybe not even seconds, I don't know the math.
That clear it up for you?

Kek

poor writing trying to hype carol as the best fucking thing ever which in all honesty is forgivable anyone watching or reading capeshit should expect to be treated like a retard

I've seen people make this argument, ignoring that it's not like she'd be there for the snap either and that this just meant that calling her ASAP was always the only way to use her.

The Avengers handled it. Hindsight of what could of gone wrong but didn't doesn't apply

because you dont use a nuke to swat flies.

When did this one happen?

>didnt summon the suicide squad instead
What was he thinking? Now there's good writing

To be fair, only a few thousand people died from all of that. Based Avengers know how to handle stuff

Fury knew exactly what was happening during each one of those
He knew what was going on with the Chitauri, and knew how to stop them
He knew how Ultron worked, and knew his plans, and they figured out how to stop him
They figured out Hydra's plans and put the kibosh on that too
When Thanos snapped away everyone, Fury had no fucking clue what was going on. He was having just a regular fucking day when all of a sudden shit just goes crazy and people literally start vanishing off the face of the earth, so it's not that off the mark that he would hit the only panic button he could reach at that moment

Thor 2

>Aliens are people too

Literally not.

Attached: PIPPLE.jpg (604x263, 30K)

>at none of those points, were the Avengers actually losing

>Cap gone "rogue", Hydra just launched three helicarriers and were minutes from open firing onto the population

>Torn piece of the planet going higher and higher and the Avengers don't seem to be able to stop it (until the last moment)

Ah, I don't think I've seen that or Thor 3.

Bitch, these events end in less than a day most of the time.

Agree, maybe if age of ultron would have been an actual age instead of a weekend

He had the full team of Avengers at the time. Including Thor.

Winter Soldier may have been ongoing at the time of Iron Man 3. That being said, Tony handled the situation pretty well.

Asgard was handling that. Mainly Thor. The only Earthling who knew about it was a few astrophysicists

>Hydra trying to kill billions

Nick was on that. And Cap managed to solve that, didn't he?

>AI robot trying to nuke Earth back to the Stone Age

The Avengers managed to get three more Avengers - Vision, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver

>Avengers infighting

Why the hell would he want to involve Carol in this? Thats like asking Thor for help solving avenegrs infighting.

>None of these warrant calling the most powerful Avenger

They weren't - if you remembered, the Avengers and he managed to be on top of all those situations. Thanos's snap, however, literally wiped out most of the Avengers. At that point, Nick had to turn to his last ditch effort. But as he faded away, he may have thought it would have been in vain.

Would be pointless since the situation may have been resolved by the time she reached Earth.

To be honest, I think Fury didn't really bet on Carol

because she's Captain COMPANY NAME.

>Why didn't Fury call Carol to handle all those situations The Avengers were able to handle?

He did all the most avenger, who is Hulk
Captain Marvell isn't an avenger - Captain Marvel is just a 3rd party

He wasn't exactly in the loop about the whole "Thanos snapping" situation

I think the easiest way to say it is, he had Thor. And for most of the situations you mentioned, Thor was present. For the situations where Thor wasn't present, like AIM and Hydra, both Cap and Tony handled those pretty well. By the time of Civil War, however, both Thor and Hulk had gone missing. And wihen the shit really hitting the fan in Infinity War, Fury had to press the panic button.

Though, as Fury was being dusted, I wonder if he considered the possibility that Carol got dusted too.....

Let's assume that nobody in that UN meeting brought Fury up-to-speed as to what Steve and co. told them during their meeting. He still knows that there are alien craft landing across the planet, he knows that whoever they were, they managed to capture Tony Stark and left suddenly, and he knows that if they decide to come back, he doesn't have the Avengers together and working as a team to stop it. I'd say this is a sufficient enough emergency to call Carol.

My favorite theory I've heard is that he DID call Carol in the past on one or more occasions, but by the time she showed up the crisis was over.

Yeah but the rest of the galaxy has been using jump points, aka. wormholes, so it doesn't really matter if they were FTL or close or not. She would've taken a ship.

He probably creates another thread about how base Christchirch shooter rn. :3

And what if he was actually killed in TWD?

I bet you thought this was so brilliant.

because she was a bitch.

>He knew what was going on with the Chitauri, and knew how to stop them
No he didn't.

His own bosses ignored him and tony stark made lemonade out of lemons. Nobody had any clue what to do until the supposedly "bad" shadow actors introduced the element that actually worked. Hulk was fighting a literal tide.

>I wish superman was tree to save my house from burning down
>BUT FIRE FIGHTER EXIST AND PUT THE FIRE OUT IN THE END
>yeah but half my house is totally burnt with water damage on the rest, superman could have done it quicker with no water
>FIREMEN HANDLED IT WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT YOU DONT PUT A FIRE OUT WITH A NUKE

Literally you.

Never happened so why head canon it?

because feminism had to ruin continuity.

And all those world ending threats were fended off by the actual avengers. Now, when the freaking rapture happens in front of your eyes, there's a good chance the avengers can't stop it. Fury wanted help from someone outside the planet because he thought it was something earth-centered. There you go.

I havent seen Captain Marvel, but Im guessing its because she's been out of commission for Earth until just recently. And when she became available again, she gave Fury the pager.
That make sense?

How the fuck would they give that explanation in a 30 second stinger thing.

>can't do a 30 second flashback montage

Just to explain a plothole that then wouldmt exist because you changed the clip entirely? What?

>Chitauri invasion

Happened in the span of a few hours and wrapped up by the Avengers with a nuclear warhead as a more than capable fallback option. Carol was never really needed there.

Resolved by a drunken mechanic. Not worth calling her on the other side of the galaxy.

>Dark Elves
Was SHIELD even aware of this? Far as the MCU seems to know they just kinda wrecked Oxford for about 30 minutes then fucked off to nowhere. Thor didn't seem to mention it to them at any rate.

>HYDRA
Fairer point. He was also unconscious for most of the movie. Given Carol's MO involves nuccs from orbit, she'd probably be the absolute last resort if HYDRA started activating Insight. Captain America was the better choice to deal with SHIELD's competing loyalties to HYDRA; Carol would probably just flatten the whole building and most of D.C., HYDRA or no.

>Ultron

This is probably the most salient point. It was a mediocre movie but Ultron really deserves more in-universe attention for how close he came to wiping out the planet.

>Avengers infighting

Even he didn't want to touch that with a ten-foot pole. A quasi-genocidal space warrior with a fondness for wiping out entire interstellar armadas would not calm down tensions in the slightest.