Bittersweet Candy Bowl - bcb

wow mike is being shown in a bad light

Attached: [email protected] (1600x2210, 1.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bittersweetcandybowl.com/c75/p23.html
tiermaker.com/create/bittersweet-candy-bowl-tierlist-6627
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>it's her right to do what she wants
But it wasn't Daisy's right to do what she wants about Augustus? Lucy got to decide?

Almost as if Lucy is always right no matter what.

When was the last time Mike was shown in a good light? He is always right yet this comic pretends he is in the wrong.

Yet it’s ok for it to be Lucy all the time
God would this comic be better if she actually offed herself

This is so out of character it's genuinely painful. I submit that this chapter is not being drawn out due to laziness, but spite.

Attached: 1410029808798.jpg (371x371, 37K)

The post Lucy chapters were comfy as fuck. She came back and ruined everything

But it IS about him. Lucy IS avoiding her friends because she doesn't want to be around Mike. She did begrudgingly accept Augustus as chaperone in a half-serious belief it would keep Mike away and is happy that it actually worked.

The fanbase hates mike, so taeshi panders to them.

>comfy
>marco polo getting beaten up by anti-bully bully

Why? He did nothing wrong.

I want Mike to be right but it's really hard to take him seriously in that fucking Kermit costume.

This. She would be hanging out with them otherwise and makes it clear she avoids them because of mike.

I'm sure that's deliberate.

>Lucy gets criticized for literally murdering someone
“She’s just expressing her discontent and mistreatment god Mike stop being a prick”

But Kermit is always right. Like Mike.

Attached: be5_1.png (1436x1082, 279K)

Can this boi NOT be right?

Attached: 1491587042399.jpg (3024x4032, 2.57M)

So Mike alienated Sue by being right about how she only cares about Lucy and doesn't treat him like a friend, and now he's alienating Daisy by being right about how Lucy's cuntish behavior is motivated by her hatred of him.

I agree. Everything about Mike lately is a subtle-as-an-anvil means to discredit him.

Mike hardly ever vocalizes these thoughts, what does she mean “all the time”? Shit dude things should be about Mike more often, he’s always getting shafted in favor of Lucy.

I’m pretty sure this was done on purpose, a lot of people are just mocking that instead of actually addressing anything he says. He’s got a point, Lucy’s doing this because of him, seems to enjoy upsetting him, and is still asspained about Sandy.

That one time he was actually wrong for beating up Paulo and Paulo was the one to apologize like the gay cuck he is.

He's half-wrong here in that Lucy probably doesn't actually hate Mike, she just wants to keep him and everyone else away as part of some stupid martyr complex.

Why are we supposed to think Mike is wrong about Lucy's hang-up on Sandy?

Attached: wot.jpg (740x311, 132K)

Probably because it's fun to hate him.

I want Mike to suffer and be alone only for Daisy, Sue and others to slowly realize he was right.

Lucy is right though, she doesn't want to be friends with Mike. The complaining that it's because she's jealous is irrelevant to the situation.

I wonder if this panel will be referenced next page or be conveniently forgotten.

People still holding out hope that this is all leading up to "Mike was right" being canon are braver than any US marine.

Canon at is the whim of the author, but Right is Right.

Attached: AAAAAAAA.jpg (1200x716, 119K)

I honestly cannot imagine how that's possible at this point. The narrative is screaming at everyone to do just that in the laziest manner possible.

Yeah, let's face it, that would require Taeshi to write with a level of sense that abandoned her long ago.

>she doesn't want to be friends with Mike
That is fine but that isn't enough for her. She shits on Mike everything she gets the chance. She is wrong.

Making Mike wrong shouldn't be so hard, and yet Taeshi can't mange it. Lucy has never been more of a cunt in her every dealing with her (ex)friends.

Wait what happened to put Daisy on the ground like that? I'm looking at the last page and I can't find when it happens.

Here's Lucy revealing that she's avoiding her old friends because of Mike.

Attached: kek.jpg (737x260, 107K)

I think she dropped her broom and the panel is her kneeling down to pick it up.

>It's not all about you!
I mean, isn't it?
Correct me if I'm wrong but Mike is the only one Lucy outright avoids, the second worst relationship she has with anybody is with Paulo, but she's just sort rejecting him so it's not really as over the top as with Mike.
It's Mike who went full blown "you're a parasite" on her and no one else, the only reason she's avoiding the group is because of him, if it had been real life (or realistically written, at least) I couldn't imagine any reason for Lucy to do any of that crap.
Become friends with augustus, fine, whatever, but her whole "lol it's going to piss everyone off and they'll hate me I'm so smug" can't possibly come from any place other than attention seeking.
If she actually didn't want to deal with anyone in the group she'd just ignore them.
Speaking of "if this was a good webcomic" Daisy would have snapped because of Mike's comment about Lucy hanging out with Augustus as it implied shit about her, instead she's going to be objectively right because Mike went from being a cool, tall, chill, beautiful anime boy to being a short, pathetic little gremlin cat that isn't even similar to the collective crush of every girl in school he used to be.

I'm also kind of tired of the "event->conflict->MAD SCREAMING->apology / the recipient of the screaming being shown to be objectively wrong-> return to status quo" format Taeshi got married to as of late.

Fuck, I used to be all about this webcomic.
And then Taeshi decided to bury her past as an emotional weeaboo by avoiding and retconning everything that made this comic GOOD, aka the unfiltered teenage highschool drama.

Attached: jim carrey.gif (250x250, 407K)

I'm more curious about when she did this whole 180 in attitude. I guess when Lucy cried during the karate chapter?

The same chapter where she ordered Daisy to do as she's told?

Mike keeps trying to approach her, she rebuffs him. If he stopped trying to approach her, there would not be a problem.

Mike is a manlet with retard strength who somehow manages to get the majority of hot girls in the story to want to fuck him, and he still acts like a faggot and spends his time fawning over his e-girlfriend who either doesn't care about him or will eventually stop caring when the money from being a model makes her realize how retarded it is to be "in love" with a manlet she only really knows from texts.

Call it petty jealously or dislike of an unrealistic story but hating Mike is fun because he's pathetic and at this point is bringing trouble onto himself. If he stayed away from problems and got fucked over anyway he'd be more sympathetic, as it is he just walks into the belly of the beast like an idiot.

You know what's a GOOD webcomic about a teen girl with a mental illness?

Updates tri-weekly too.

the virgin Lucy and the stacy Pasqualo

Attached: pfm001aFINAL2 (1).png (2715x3514, 1.74M)

But seriously, what happened to Lucy? Pre-suicide Lucy was a good character. So, what happened?

Attached: 36.jpg (800x1124, 363K)

Oh yeah, you're right. It's implied in the page before the last one.

No one but Mike and Paulo can resist Lucy. They developed an immunity. Augustus is losing the one he already had.

>If he stopped trying to approach her
Wow, because he was trying to approach her when she said "I would rather kill myself again" right? Or when they played dodgeball and Lucy was acting like a bitch instead of just playing the game. Stop being a Lucyfag.

>Mike admits he went too far (but was still right)
>want to talk
>Lucy comes back and is mega-salty about it
If she doesn't want to talk that's her prerogative but acting like Mike a bad guy is bullshit, and so is ditching her other friends to avoid Mike.

How could you even compare the two?
One focuses on comedy and the other focuses on teenage drama.
That's like comparing, I don't know, Titanic and the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.

>Mike is a manlet with retard strength who somehow manages to get the majority of hot girls in the story to want to fuck him
Mike's implied popularity ceased to be a factor literal years ago, in-comic and out, and he's never had retard strength. If lazy as fuck writing really tickles your dick, I still do not understand.

She internalized the whole "you're a parasite" thing and she's either knowingly or unknowingly masking it as "I fucking hate all of you now".

Noticed how it at some point degraded in almost every way? There's your explanation.

I don’t think even incest can save Lucy at this point

He did marginalize his actions back then in a nicely wrapped "it's just a prank bro, chill" way.
Anything past that is from the time this shitfest of a comic nosedived like it's Boeing's finest.

The entire comic is lazy

>never had retard strength

I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be one of the strongest characters

>He did marginalize his actions back then in a nicely wrapped "it's just a prank bro, chill" way.
When was this?

You're pretty wrong, then. He has crazy reflexes and hearing, not that they ever come up anymore because drawing action is haaaarrrrrd. Which means any interesting conclusion to the whole Alejandro thing is out the window forever.

>Daisy calls out Mike on cuck behavior
>Reveals how Sandy has started talking to her again (they were friends before)
>reveals how she has a chad bf
>mike december chapter
Can't wait for next week

>couldn't have hurt that much
what chapter is this specific flashback from?

Attached: 23.jpg (800x1089, 429K)

Or because action in cat degrassi would be stupid

75: bittersweetcandybowl.com/c75/p23.html

That color-graduated sequence is one of the more visually ambitious parts of the whole series.

It's already stupid on top of boring as fuck. At least some big climax would be amusing in ye olde anime capacity.

>That color-graduated sequence is one of the more visually ambitious parts of the whole series.
So what would you classify the last four or so years as?

Lazy shite to pay the bills.

Squat and Shit.

>mike tries to hang himself
>Daisy uses her massive girth to stop him
>fucks him on the rebound
>Mike is honor-bound to date her because otherwise he'd have to admit he got raped by a girl and because the cops would arrest him for statutory rape

Attached: how badly I wish I could bury my face into her massive thighs and breathe deeply.jpg (675x1200, 103K)

I mean, if Lucy saying "couldn't have hurt that much" actually happened on-screen in a previous chapter or if it was just part of the flashback?

Kick his ass, Daisy!

Watching Mike get bullied is funny so I disagree on it being boring

Attached: 1552933278470.jpg (244x280, 15K)

Glad to see that the majority of /bcb/ agrees that Mike was Right.
I'm very worried for Taeshi if she really thinks that Lucy is somehow correct in this whole situation.

A Lucyfag with awful taste isn't exactly a huge surprise.

I think it's just from that flashback but I don't remember everything from the animu wasteland of volume 1.

See just because I think it's funny to see mike get dunked on doesn't mean I care about lucy. Inevitably the plot will turn around and it will be her turn to get shat on, that's just how these things work. But lucy is a nutjob while mike is annoying, so it's more entertaining to watch Mike get bullied since lucy would either kill herself or kill everyone around her.

The discord and other social media are full of "Mike is a dick, lucy and Daisy are right" people tho. Is this the only website where people love Mike and hate Lucy?

>Inevitably the plot will turn around and it will be her turn to get shat on, that's just how these things work.
It seems awfully intent on her being perfect despite what a cunt she is. I thought it was developing a plotline about her treating her other friends badly but Sue's inclusion in this chapter renders that incoherant.

I dare not check it out, Yea Forums is a shithole, but at least people here don't have to suck it up to Bagboy or change their opinions because of pandering

>Daisy defending Lucy over Mike
Even more out of character than mike's exaggerated asspain.

>Lucy gets a pass for being mentally ill
Everyone in this comic is certifiably insane so that's no excuse.

She's a jealous cunt about Lucy being prettier than her but I suppose she's supposed to be moved by Lucy "kindness" to her in the karate chapter, as well (more believably) but the screaming rebuke over her jealously.

Oh shit, that little event was probably intended to utterly wipe out Daisy's well-established jealously in a single moment.

Well yeah, externally they're different. But both deal with two young female protagonists that deal with some sort of mental health issue. The other main difference, to me, is how each comic interrogates is main character.

Yeah, the narrative being in Lucy's corner is annoying, but think back: has the comic ever seriously had Lucy reflect on her actions? There's always been other characters that call her out on it, the main ones I can think of are Augustus, Mike, and Paulo. Augustus' came off as him being a dick-with-a-point and he warmed up to Lucy. Mike Was Right but the comic portrayed it as him going too far with it to the point where he had to apologize. Peulo was portrayed as a lovelorn loser. Has any of it led to any self-reflection on Lucy's part? No, Taeshi makes her attempt suicide, ships her off somewhere and come back somehow-more-bitter.

Meanwhile, Gob'll write scenes like this.

Attached: pfm.jpg (980x6048, 1.1M)

>But it wasn't Daisy's right to do what she wants about Augustus?
Lucy knows better you silly. Lucy is perfect. Mike bad.

Attached: 15.png (800x1105, 483K)

BCB in a nutshell. The comic drags its feet until shit NEEDS to happen, then it does and we're back to the drag.

And this.

Yeah, their situations are different and Pasq has more self-awareness, but it shows more of a willingness to be open about the character's flaws. It's like Taeshi's too scared to.

Attached: pfm053.png (2425x3742, 1.73M)

Mike's bootyblasted buttfrustratedness is in tune with his "December" antics, but Daisy not lusting for his manmeat at every given opportunity like the closet-thirsty prude she is is definitely ooc.

>What about Abbey?
She knows they broke up. What the fuck kind of response is that?

>Paulo cares about you.
We all know they're being shipped but none of the characters do

If this was supposed to show that Daisy's jealously is founded on greed and being unsatisfied with what she has it doesn't work.

She's mentally ill in a way that isn't entertaining. Her complexes about being a tomboy or wanting to be fucked but not wanting boys to want to fuck her and other crazy shit just makes her a sad weirdo.

Mike is sperging in a way that is completely artificial and thus not entertaining. He is being written as a sad weirdo.

Him sperging when out of his comfort zone is a recurring trait.
The problem now is that it's been animu dumbed down.

I'd say dumbed up. He used to get irritated and sometimes went into dead serious hard-pill mode. Now he just flips out at the drop of a hat.

>It's going to be another possible decade before we get the one page where Sandy breaks up with Mike via text.
>Mike throws his phone goes absolutely postal on anyone within 12 feet of him.

I can't wait for that Arch to finally happen.

Attached: A sentient glove ponders his life value..webm (860x624, 2.52M)

Implying he won't just shut the fuck down to the point it starts to worry his estranged friends. Or, rather, worries Lucy alone because at that point it's her job to reunite everyone like the messiah she is.

>has the comic ever seriously had Lucy reflect on her actions?
There's this, where she regrets not receiving Mike's D when she could.

Attached: 51.png (599x299, 158K)

And there's this, where she seems to accept that it's her own fault that Mike started to hate her.

Although this is in aid of her ordering Paulo how to live his life, so it's probbaly just a "she's so WISE now!" shtick.

Attached: 16.png (744x737, 1.03M)

What happened to this?

Attached: 29.jpg (800x1073, 434K)

tiermaker.com/create/bittersweet-candy-bowl-tierlist-6627

Attached: BCB tier list.png (675x690, 276K)

Taeshi decided to make the comic about how Mike is a shit and Lucy dindu nuffin.

Character """""development"""""

Attached: index.png (1020x813, 270K)

Attached: mikewasrighttier.png (1020x682, 268K)

the more i see of this comic the more obvious it is that Vero has no mentally sound RL friends. All of these characters' personalities bleed together to the point that none of them are really even distinct besides like, Paulo, and even he gets a period at one point and starts whinging like your average 16 year old girl. The whole idea that Lucy's tsundere ribbings when they were both little kids was legitimate abuse is fucking laughable, and frankly insulting to anyone who's ever gone through any kind of abuse (and yes I know about Vero's past, shut the fuck up)
when is she going to admit that this comic is a clusterfuck of bad ideas and shit execution and just pull the plug and start on something different? It's lived it's life. end it in a bittersweet way and call it a finished project

Attached: f73.png (624x960, 547K)

I realize I put some former or aspirational pairings (PauloxJasmine, DaisyxAbbey, LucyxJess) on the same tier without intending to.

It will be properly bittersweet if it goes another 5 years and then dies without a real ending

Thats quitter talk!

Attached: Lucy_Jordan.png (899x508, 293K)

That's been a theory for a while now but there hasn't been much in the way of supporting evidence for it in Lucy's behavior since.

Attached: isthatyour.png (482x353, 214K)

Lil shit ruins perfect tiers...like she does with everything else!

MORE NEWS AT SIX!

There's always the Yea Forums BCB discord, Suit fucking hating its guts is a plus.

No one can compete!

Attached: 1487398932412.png (674x721, 310K)

>There's always the Yea Forums BCB discord
Really?

In ruining stuff?
You right, she is unbeatble

Best cat in the comic.

Attached: tumblr_pk1qu5huaC1y1ypc8o1_540.png (540x810, 161K)

I mean it's not like you'd want to put a best boy / girl with trash right?

C8yhAMb

It's their only real income.

>Lil shit finally died and is now God's problem

IF ONLY...

there's never been a webcomic whose character relationships and discussions are more based on misunderstandings as bittersweet candy bowl.

Molly will never die!

Attached: cute_pussy.jpg (481x556, 33K)

Yeah? Gimme a torch, a car battery and a some barbwire and I'll fix that in a sec!!

What reason would she have for hating him? Mike admitted he was in the wrong and offered to start over. She tried to kill herself over being sent away right when she got her second chance. It's more likely Taeshi is just portraying it very poorly or trying way too hard not to spill the beans.

Attached: wageringherbody.jpg (345x228, 23K)

I still don't understand why I continue to bother with this webcomic, even though I don't enjoy it anymore.

Attached: tumblr_p1x1j1qn5o1tp7tk2o1_400.png (274x279, 130K)

You can never leave.

Attached: ms vero's wild ride.jpg (366x306, 65K)

DO I?!!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

I'm addicted to watching it crash and burn, plus still getting a thrill discussing it outside of the hugbox.

Molly is invincible!

Attached: 1509111709269.png (600x800, 210K)

Oh good LORD does this comic ever cease to amaze me with how shitty it can get?

Okay, first up. Every single dramatic scene is a passive/reactive kind of forced BS, "well we've done x criteria of setup and shitty jokes - time to get the drama ball rollin" nothing seems organic at all anymore. It honestly is amazing how far it's degraded to get across the point 'Lucy is a sagely saint who knows what's best for everyone'

As this user said, it's the same formula and it's getting pretty tiresome. Noone is proactive in 'moving the plot' forward, everyone is just getting told what to do and everything is conveniently falling in their lap.

Let's not forget the complete destruction of characters for the sake of building up point. Mike pretty much is getting bitched out by everyone of his 'key' friends, first Paulo, then Sue, now Daisy - Im not sure characters like David or Abbey matter and Amaya is just a mute meme. Even if Abbey could offer insight about dealing with anger or some shit.

This is all building up to Mike's breakup with Sandy and his lowpoint for self-harm,attempted suicide and eventual crawl-back begging to Lucy for the end-credits scene.

Notice how Daisy immediately takes up arms for Lucy instead of defending herself in this situation? That doesn't make any sense - especially for a character whose always been more supportive and kinder to Mike then Lucy. Nobody talks to Mike like 'Just forget her, move on' because that wouldn't serve the narrative, 'Ignore her, she is just trying to get to you' instead

'ITS NOT ABOUT YOU MIKE, LUCY JUST HAS TO LIVE HER LIFE AND BE FREE TO EXPRESS HERSELF, STOP BEING A DICK!11'

Its pretty much the exact same treatment Abbey got with Daisy, except more drawn out. Also the Daisy situation made more sense, they had been dating up until recently and Paulo was always super douchey to Abbey. Instead of this fake ass non-existent rivalry between Augustus and Mike.

Attached: 1549298571158.png (502x371, 159K)

I'm only here because of /bcb/.
I also enjoy Mikefagging

Out of all the characters you want her dead? Seriously... all the contenders that should be killed and you pick her?

She stands out like a sore thumb..I want my drama wreckage with a certain dose of continuity, thank you very much.

That's just because Molly is the only good character, of course she sticks out.

Attached: B2C.png (794x740, 509K)

their?? so what, her husband doesnt work?

Attached: 12345643212.jpg (258x200, 14K)

>enjoy Mikefagging
Based

Has Mike done anything remotely like-able in the past year?

I like the fact he's absolutely right. That's like a passive ability.

I'm not totally cought up on the comic, but could the intention be that niether of them are totally right? Maybe Daisy is right about Mike being self centered but wrong about Lucy's intentions.

Mike did nothing wrong, tsunderes are the second worst archetype of all time

It's on the fourth or fifth incarnation now.

Being right and insulting the people who are wrong

>even mentions of discord servers are deleted
y tho

He killed off the user owner right?

She is only good because of the potential for a slacker Paulo and Molly age gap romance

Has he done anything likable in the past 2 years? This fucking arc has been going on for 2 years now and almost nothing has fucking happened. Multiple chapters of fucking nothing. I'm just fucking shocked because I remember sitting around reading this shit on a Monday two fucking years ago and it's like "where did the time go"? It's a fucking blur to me of absolutely fucking nothing happening.

Attached: 1512154973844.png (1280x934, 323K)

Mike's never really been self-centered though. He's very giving and puts up with a lot from others, to the point that Sandy had to point out how Lucy was using him. Mike is angry because regardless of what he does and endures, no one will take him or his wishes seriously. His biggest mistake is directing that anger outward instead of just dumping the cast and finding better friends.

Clandestine

I dunno I just remember around this time two years ago the server suddenly got deleted and Suitcase, after choosing to stop posting here because he was getting critique, finally made his own server. Then he deleted that server half a year ago during summertime for some reason.

He used to post here?

OTP

Attached: Paulo_Molly_smorch.png (1255x1200, 329K)

He has a tripcode you can search for on desuarchive.

Because retconning to make the story a simple black and white morality choice is easier.

It's very bad narratively because it doesn't make sense for Lucy to try to commit suicide after this. The whole reason she wants to kill herself is because Mike hates her and she is moving away ; but Mike wants to apologize. Since that obviously is messing with her more then moving away - why jump?

Like we are told years later to assume Paulo and Lucy fucked instead of making out and maybe she is upset about letting her virginity go to whomever but..

He or some irc cuck tried to viral the kickstarter and Server Stooge dropped in to answer questions. I think it was around the second or third thread when he started dodging questions and giving condescending non-answers, which burned up any good will on Yea Forums pretty quick.

You know its fucked when Abbey is the most rational male character

If my gf was a fat, fence riding, have her cake and eat it too pushover and STILL not greatful to have me, wanting another guy I'd probably sperg out too.

He is on a quest for the holy grail now

Attached: 1512153946131.png (2356x1560, 1.09M)

Did Paulo and Lucy really fuck?

>Be a BCB fan
>Actually eating shit up as good writing
>Literally just the same shit repeating chapter to chapter with more retconning of characters to fit the narrative LUCY RIGHT,MIKE BAD

Like I dont even like Mike a little bit as a character but holy shit how can you be on Lucy's side at all.

Attached: 0184c93dc3a91aa6bcbf5c464b9df587.png (453x665, 56K)

I....guess...?

Attached: didthey.png (856x1500, 1.44M)

This was why discussing the comic on the website or forums or irc was insufferable.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THOSE PEOPLE

They’re just taking a joy ride in the bandwagon.

There is no time for them to fuck in that scene except for the proverbial two-pump-chump routine, which is so laughably tawdry it totally clashes with the dramatic tone.

I wonder if taeshi visits these threads

Suit lurks everywhere, but it’s hard to say if he actually reads all the posts in his search for things to delet. Tae drew something for us once, but I doubt she’s still here. I’ll post the drawing later if nobody else does.

I mean from what we know about polo he could have easily finished that quickly

GRAY CAT BAD

I enjoy how awful it's gotten and I delight in /bcb/s mixture of bitter acceptance and impotent rage.

Mike is right, and will be right in the end.

He'll be right in our hearts always... not necessarily in Taeshi's schizophrenic writings though.

Mike is being an assblasted little shit because Lucy won't coddle his feefees about his fake girlfriend ignoring his very existaece, boofuckityhoo. Mike is finally being told the truth, that he's not that important. Can't wait for him to find out Sandy has been fucking someone behind his back the whole time.

It's kind of sad. He is right yet his friends don't believe or care about him. They always defend Lucy. He will end up alone because he is the only one in the right.

Go kill yourself again, Lucy.

There's definitely some serious projecting onto Mike. Tell me, he told her to fuck off and never talk to him again, and she's done that. She's supposed to come running back to him because he needs an emotional stand in for Sandy? If Sandy wasn't ignoring his existence, Mike wouldn't even be stalking Lucy looking for her attention. Mike is being a self absorbed shit, and its only going to blow up in his face when his Sandy bs crumbles.

>paulo acts like a cuck
Yea Forums: NU-PAULO GAYYYY
>mike acts like a cuck
Yea Forums: MIKE IS RIGHT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Maybe Daisy's finally grown tired of being Mike's emotional support. Especially since he's become such a bitter douche.

Attached: 1532369900246.jpg (800x1200, 510K)

AHEM

Attached: PARASITE.png (1600x2272, 971K)

Impression I got is Mike is mostly alright but he has held his emotions and grief of having to deal with constant bullshit for so long that he exploded and goes full lashing out which makes him look like the bad guy even though he isn't really wrong (well aside from his whole obsession with his gf)

Lucy from what I can tell is just a vindictive cunt who got called out and went overboard

>Daisy
>being Mike's emotional support
LOL

>You're a parasite and no one loves you
>I have Sandy
>Sandy, please talk to me, why Sandy why reeeee
>Lucy talk to me, why Lucy why reeeee
Mike is the worst character

He IS a cuck, but not because he's angry at Lucy.

Attached: 20190316_174522.jpg (1151x1081, 181K)

man this truly was the moment the comic nosedived, huh

Are we getting raided by Suit and followers?

>Mike suffers
>Everyone gives him shit even though he is right
>Eventually they realize he is right
>By the time they do he goes "fuck it" and flat out ditches the lot of em.

Attached: laughing griffon.gif (309x374, 1.11M)

Only way to save this comic.

>flat out ditches the lot of em.
And that's a good thing

>they keep saying 'mike was right!' Almost every strip, while lucy just starts randomly attacking him

Rachel said he was good at the sex, though.

I want to be good at the sex with Rachel

Attached: _20190318_214958.jpg (1674x1131, 283K)

As everyone.

>Lucy gets the gang back together
>Tries to get Mike back
>Mike tells her and the rest of em to fuck off
>She apologizes
>He says don't be. It's because of her he realized how little his "friends" had his back.
>Leaves em all in the dust feeling shitty

Attached: Guilty Gear Raven.png (500x500, 253K)

>yfw Sandy comes back to pick up Mike and both leave the city
>Happy Hour 2.0 where Polo gets drunk and says: MIKE WAS RIGHT

But she needs to focus on her studies!

Attached: _20190318_215529.jpg (930x1201, 122K)

Do not read this comic

Here is the official donotreadthiscomic-user ranking

Attached: 6B8B6FF8-2C95-4117-8C6B-F28A45718A08.jpg (777x691, 102K)

Nobody is as bad as Madison.

kek

Attached: snap0431.jpg (388x418, 36K)

Based

Sandy dumping him will probably be what makes Mike go for a clean slate though

>Rachel at E

Unbased and blue pilled.

Can't wait!

Attached: 1494008412182.png (519x325, 127K)

That's basically what Lucy did except the RREEE PARASITE, DONT TALK TO ME over and over whilst using others to be an emotional support.

I mean honestly they are BOTH horrible but Lucy is less tolerable and more bitchy whilst Mike (at least) used to be somewhat good to his friends.

Is he thought? It's basically the same characters bitching him out, Lucy's 'I dont fuckin like you anymore' or Sandy's 'WHY DONT YOU JUST GROW UP' or Sue's 'Mike you are so unpleasant now, I can't let you talk to me like that' or Paulo's 'Mike are you gonna be a spiteful little bitch?' We've heard it several times from several characters.

This is just drawn out drama to shit on Mike more. Honestly everyone should just kill themselves in this comic and it'd be way more interesting.

I will be disappointed if all we get is Mike losing everything and then Lucy forgiving him because he's suffering so much alone (to show what a better person than him she is).

I hope it happens only for Mike to tell her to fuck off with her "forgiveness". Dude needs better friends

>Sue's 'Mike you are so unpleasant now, I can't let you talk to me like that'

Someone post crop of Mike x Sue "He's right" pic

What'd think he worked as?

Sue is such a fucking hypocrite, holy shit.

>Mike acts buttmad holier than thou.
>even the former closet crush of his finds that intolerable.
It's believable, but the shitty ass lazy execution of it combined with the immersion ruining chibishit is what's killing the believability.

>Anyone who doesn't think Mike is right is secretly the author's cuckboy husband
user, who hurt you?

The alternative is being a gibbering moron so either way you're fucked.

Your Sandy was an e-girlfriend who turned out to be a three hundred pound man named Tony, wasn't she?

>Rachel
>E

You're not fooling anyone, Amafag

>It's believable, but the shitty ass lazy execution
This right here. Daisy being an unapologetic Mikefag is her character to the core. It should be a pretty big deal if she has to break that (like, we seen that maybe once during volume 2 and that's it) but it's coming out of nowhere. It's such a abrupt turnheel here just for the transparent attempt at making Mike look bad without any attempt to have it make sense to who's saying it

I see your imagination and reasoning alike are about as crippled as your tastes.

Aren't Mike and Daisy too old to go trick-or-treating? They're over halfway through high school.

Vero hoped that chibishit meant the readers wouldn't notice.

Well I think what changed is either Taeshi's BPD getting worse or just saturating her comic so much everyone pretty much is borderline in their actions and reactions. Everything comes down to the core of the story.

LUCY AND MIKE MUST BE A COUPLE - any kind of deterrant to this, any kind of resistance or argument has to be shot down. This is ALL about breaking down Mike's ego and making him pathetic enough for Lucy to take pity on whatever melodramatic reunion they will have.

Nobody acts in character because they all just act like how Taeshi acts all the time. A petty manipulative black and white world-view that is shitty.

Whatever nuance, whatever sort of fleck of good writing was a complete fluke and she had absolutely no idea what to do with it after it was done. Thus the shitshow that is chibi-era BCB.

Attached: 1513547788918.jpg (420x262, 48K)

Not only is Daisy's behavior here weird and out of character, but if Taeshi even vaguely remembers who Mike is, it'll just make him double down on the way he's been recently. He wasn't even attacking Daisy or yelling at her, he's just snarkily complaining about Lucy to her and she fucking explodes on him in seconds flat. Daisy, the last person anybody would expect to turn on him. This 100% reinforces his belief that nobody cares what he thinks and prefers Lucy over him. With Sue you could justify her leaving even if you thought what Mike said was right, but Daisy has no reason to react this way. I'm pissed that anybody is going to call this mature just because she's defending Lucy.

Attached: taeshixanon best ship.png (1600x2226, 775K)

Jesus Christ they're juniors in high school but they act like they're still 10. Hell, half of the characters in this god forsaken comic are over 16, yet Paulo's the only one that bothered to get his driver's license.

Taeshi clearly never grew up so neither can her characters.

Attached: file.png (361x589, 195K)

>legally cannot fuck
fuck the police

Attached: abbeysnightmare.png (500x500, 115K)

That's one reason Paulo was so likable before; he was the only one acting like a teenager, excited to earn his own money and gain freedom by learning how to drive.

Well in the previous page he started insulting Lucy and indirectly insulted Daisy.

>all nuBCB images

He was the only one growing up, along with the mistakes that entails.
But now he's a crybaby faggot like the rest.

>tier meme
>many posters, many opinions
>Madison is always F tier

Attached: pololol.jpg (218x234, 16K)

That's what her and Matt is.
Mistakes worth only the F grade.

At worst Daisy could be expected to quietly point a thing or two out and maybe whine at him, not explode like the spergery is a communicable disease.

It'd be much more believable for Daisy to quietly become disappointed in Mike and just stop fawning on him. He'd probably fail to notice he'd lost the confidence of his most tolerant supporter since he's never cared too much about her.

You are right, but at the same time that'd require effort far beyond what's been put into the comic the past half decade.

I'd say he cares about her a lot, just not in the way she wants. Mike's definitely not in the right mindset to take notice right now, but maybe once he's cooled off a ways.

Matt isn't a horrible character, he is just horrible irrelevant. The hint of him being severely depressed and insecure behind all the cutesy optimism was interesting but Paulo had to ruin it by being super borderline in the cliche BCB 'scream cry' that apparently changes everything.

It sucks we wasted an entire chapter of (basically) filler and an intermission that was just basically fushoji pandering with no payoff which probably won't be touched upon again (if ever) in years.

Madison on the other-hand has no redeeming qualities whatsoever and is just an angry dyke. She's a ripoff Lucy and Lucy is horrible.

>being super borderline in the cliche BCB 'scream cry' that apparently changes everything.

>It sucks we wasted an entire chapter of (basically) filler and an intermission that was just basically fushoji pandering with no payoff which probably won't be touched upon again (if ever) in years.

Remind you of a certain garbage show on CN?

I rated it by either being the most compelling storywise or being an actually good person that helps others in one way or another. Those that contributed little or any as far as stand-ins or otherwise were unlikable were put lower.

Jasmine - genuinely good person, tries to help friends and others, goes out of her way
Rachel - much like Jasmine, puts others before herself and has a good heart
Augustus - compelling backstory and angst
Abbey - despite the retard anger management stuff (depending on chapter how well its done) interesting backstory and character arc with flaws obviously
Molly - tries to help her brother, pretty innocuous of a character
Matt - compelling angst - tries to help others, again pretty harmless.
Amaya - adds nothing to the story or character-wise but is fine
Jordan - a good person, unlike his siblings and tries to help others
Paulo - annoying as fuck at times, but some of the best stories involve him - go between despising and tolerating him.
Sue - a bit too holier then thou but generally tries to do 'the right thing' and sort of stays out of drama, otherwise bland
David - walking meme, non consequential but ok for some bad jokes
Mike - generic animu protag turned raging sperg, but he is sometimes nice and his angst is a bit compelling..unfortunately that is all he has going for him.
Sandy - at least more interesting then Lucy and has potential for a great story arc (like that'd ever happen lmao)
Daisy - two faced,petty, childish and an attention whore. Not even cutesy antics can really save this character, plus the shitty-ness she put Abbey thru
Jessica - just has nothing going for her, even the party/cool girl aesthetic is kind of erased -she is just kind of there as Lucy's ex-admirer and friend of Rachel.
Tess- She was never an interesting character and never did anything of note. More forgettable then Sue
Lucy - Mary-sue, terrible person, angst and drama is not compelling only melodramatic and lame.
Madison- the worst.

Attached: d9d9ddba39ee58645bc29818fb0036c1.png (727x660, 243K)

Any list with Sue lower than S tier is objectively wrong desu

Attached: truth.png (1020x690, 269K)

>Molly F tier

Attached: snap6582.png (340x294, 87K)

>oh my god mike got mad now he's my mortal enemREEEEEEEE
>anywhere near S tier

Where is the power level rank?

Didn't Taeshi like School Days? There's a part where a girl turns her back on a guy she'd liked for years because he turned into a dick and it's a lot better than this.

Makoto was an asshole from the beginning. He never cared about the main girls beyond their tits.

Whatshername seemed to think he was nice in middle school, which we don't get to see.

>>oh my god mike got mad now he's my mortal enemREEEEEEEE
I'm sorry what

Mike yelled at Sue once and next time she appears she's complaining that he's "unbearable" and when he appears wants Lucy to give her an excuse to tell him to fuck off.

I guess I'll join in with mine. Did it by putting everybody at C first, one at a time, and shifting people up or down depending on how I felt about them relative to each other. I based it more on my gut than any justifiable reason for one character to be above or below another.

I think I hate people who enable Lucy more than I hate Lucy herself. She's fucked up and a bitch, but I don't really want her to be miserable.

Attached: like tiers in rain.png (1020x689, 260K)

Based. Mike was right.

Lucy may be Vero's self insert but Mike is Yea Forums's easily, holy shit

I'm fine with that.

Attached: 1462149393621.png (398x618, 13K)

No. It's just being reasonable. Current Mike is shit but he is right. He is better than Lucy and her legion of worshipers.

>Mike yelled at Sue once and next time she appears she's complaining that he's "unbearable"
She had also been witness to him sperging out during dodgeball and later smashing Paulo's face into a table. Combine that with the aforementioned yelling and I think she'd be somewhat justified in saying that.
>when he appears wants Lucy to give her an excuse to tell him to fuck off.
He /was/ seemingly stalking them

>She had also been witness to him sperging out during dodgeball
Read the scene and it seems no one noticed this.

why are you posting furtobia shit in this christian thread

It's still worse in Taeshi's case, she's the one writing the story. Our characterfaggotry doesn't really influence anything.

I think it's largely a reaction to how universal support for Lucy is outside of these threads. Yea Forums is nothing if not contrarian, and it doesn't help that there are plenty of reasons to side with Mike.

Either that or they didn't care.

>tfw this was the best chapter of the chibi era

Attached: [email protected] (640x990, 227K)

I thought the whole point is supposed to be that Lucy totally internalized the stuff Mike said to her in December and, as she used to, doesn't believe that her friends genuinely like her. (even with Augustus, she seems to feel like she owes him her life rather than genuinely think he likes her company)

Not exactly a hard to beat benchmark, unless it's a race to the bottom.

That might be the (original) intention.
But the cheapening of everything, which happened at the same time as chibishit has turned it into either a contradictory and confusing mess, or oversimplified it to the degree that cardboard cutouts have more depth.
And the worst part is it's not even consistent at that.

I like how Nadison is always the worst tier, which is a true fact of life

>IT’S TIME FOR A BRAND-SPANKING NEW CHAPTER that will run for pretty much the majority of this year BUT IT’S A REALLY GOOD AND FUN CHAPTER AND YOU WILL BE AT THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT!!!!! I’ve been very excited to get to it! It’s quite the chapter! Let’s enjoy a wholesome wonderful Halloween :)
Wholesome for who? Mike haters?

Well I'm having a good time.

imo it was the Sandy dream sequence

>the old styles still work and look way better
>Tae keeps the chibi shit
Why

Attached: [email protected] (640x832, 424K)

Why does a cartoon rabbit in a thread about cartoon cats trigger your crippling autism?

A thread showing how pathetic and insecure Yea Forums is, brings me back to all those "Jerry is right" threads back during R&M S3

Attached: teafrog.jpg (600x600, 33K)

Here's a pre-chibi chart (will upload post chibi based on how much more insufferable the characters have become in a sec)

Attached: my-image.png (1020x690, 267K)

...chibi isn't the best marker because honestly i think the decline in writing started more around the watercolour era, but hey.
side characters have been kinda the same to me, most of the main characters have gotten worse. Daisy probably suffered the most.

Attached: my-image2.png (1020x686, 266K)

Pre chibi Mike was +S

You don't even read this comic, retard.

Also wanted to point out this particularly egregious example of sidemouth. Good manga illustrators don't do this, and high budget anime doesn't either.

It looks like a flat symbol rather than an actual mouth.

The panel does have nice, dynamic body language and hands.

Attached: sidemouth.png (593x320, 271K)

>tfw this chapter literally ended on "don't talk to me or my not-boyfriend's daughter ever again"

They would look better with 4 fingers.

Daisy's pinky is kind of awkwardly hidden by the angle and being bent. It's possible to replicate although usually the tip and/or knuckle would be showing.

>She's been avoiding us!!!
>Goes out of her way to show off with triggering Augustus and taunt Mike whenever
>They're both terrible because Mike randomly stalked her a couple times and can't decide if he wants to fuck her or kill her.

>can't decide if he wants to fuck her or kill her.
Why not both?

This is just going to go Envangelion by the end with Mike strangling Lucy isn't it?

It would be better going for a Lucy/Mike ending. I shipped them back then but the ship is beyond salvation now

better than

The post-return chapters have basically become a window into the author's bipolar disorder. I wonder if Taeshi is edging closer to a breakdown.

I want to see this scene with Abbey and Molly.

Attached: wotwot.jpg (970x959, 259K)

>lucy's happy ending is being a cuck ghost

Aren't they supposed to graduate at the end of this year ? They should be 17

Right about what exactly ? He's done nothing but rant because a girl wants to avoid him because he basically told her to kill herself and she tried

>Right about what exactly ?
About everything
>a girl wants to avoid him
Lucyfags are irremediable

Attached: [email protected] (1600x2210, 824K)

That said girl is a vindictive passive aggressive bitch who uses others to taunt him and is just being a general attention whore to piss him off because he called her out.

So this is the kind of delusion it takes to be a Mikefag

>attention-whore
>actively avoids everyone
You guys are fucking insane
>passive aggressive
She has every right to be

Lucyfags are irredeemable angry waifufags with impossibly bad taste.

Since you are all wrong and have terrible opinions here's the actual real tier list from a sane and lucid person

Attached: file.png (350x656, 244K)

She's baiting them, using that guy for attention to get a rise from her former entourage.

She acts like she wants to avoid them but really she gets off on the idea of her former group being shocked that she is hanging out with this guy and that it pisses Mike off.

>"avoids everyone"
>goes in a date with Polo just to tell him to fuck off
>walks home instead of going with her mom knowing Mike and the rest always take that fucking road
>is now using Augustus to taunt Mike AND Daisy
3 words: Mike was right

They are both terrible actually. Lucy is just more of an overt bitch on the surface then Mike. She still shits on people she calls 'friends'.

Also

>coming back to the school with peer who triggered your suicide.

>Family still allows her interactions and hasn't informed his family of the bulling or vice versa

>Lucy has had zero repercussions from trying to off herself other then being more vindictive then usual. No therapy, mental,physical or otherwise though she should be wheelchair bound or dead.

Attached: my-image.png (1020x690, 298K)

I will never understand why people like augustus when literally all he's done in the hundreds of chapters is awkwardly hit on daisy once and call help when he found a dying person.

i can't really pinpoint why exactly i like augustus myself. guess he's just had his moments for me, despite him being an edgelord.

>Matt better than Tess

no user

He manages to rarely be obnoxious and when he's a dick it's actually funny unlike Paulo
Like Sue, he's also way more sensible than most of the characters

Why is her ignoring him pissing him off? I thought he told her he hated her and to go jump off a bridge. Oh wait, that's right. His fake girlfriend has been AFK from his life for months, so he needs her to give him an emotional stand in until she comes back. I'm guessing you're the Mike in your life, sucks to be you.

>the only two dogs are S tier
Based and dogpilled

Why does everyone hate her?

>grumpy boring midget lesbian
take a guess

>Lesbian
I don't read this comic but I'm guessing that's the killer right there.

I almost forgot about it

I think I only really feel for the very top and the very bottom.

Attached: canvas.png (506x768, 258K)

hmmm

Attached: the more things chage....png (800x1180, 263K)

Do not read this comic.

No, I'm not. I'm hoping that they all admit their mistakes and move on with life as buddies without abusing other anymore, but I know it's a pipe dream

He sperged out like a retard at the dodgeball game. That was pretty funny

Attached: 17.png (520x496, 161K)

Just because people aren't sucking that manlet's cock doesn't mean they're bag boy's lapdogs.
Mike never was right, and neither was Lucy. He can be blamed for his own narrow vision in seeing only what he wanted to see when dealing with Lucy. In his own worldview, everything Lucy does is about him, even when she was hanging around with literally anyone else than him before December, with the whole "god, she's so pathetic" line being emblematic of that. Don't give me the whole "from what he knew it was the reasonable point of view" shit, there were many other possible interpretations, but he picked the one victimising himself the most out of them.
Anything leading up to December, and then to Mike's sense of guilt, is entirely up to him.
The fact that Lucy is now trying to play on that sense og guilt of him to rile him up is a whole another fucked up matter, though. She's completely in the wrong, here, but Mike is far from right.

Attached: everyone is suitcase.jpg (680x823, 197K)

go back to the toilet, crono

Augustus is interesting because at first he had an air of mystery to him, though very early on it was just a cheesy cartoon villian vibe. The 'tragic' backstory and his road to having a semi-normal life I suppose.

But the gang related stuff is horrendously under-developed and like some other characters, he is ripe for investigating. But no, let's have another 5 chapters of Lucy and Mike being passive aggressive and bitching about one another from across the road/hallway/room.

Augustus isn't really proactive as a character, at least not anymore when he lost the element of being a threat to others. Even his jerk-ass bully persona is barely even touched upon. Now he is just Lucy's bitch-boy punching bag and we every so often get reminded of his would-be-rapist/creeper status.

I believe Augustus still has a role to fulfill before he's cast away. Maybe he'll come to Daisy's defense when Mike inevitably slaps her in a page or two. That way they can go find an alley for themselves and leave Lucy alone with either Mike or Alej, if the latter shows up

Until Mike breaks, he is Lucy's stand-in. I very much doubt anything romantic will happen between Lucy and Augustus because we all know full well Mike x Lucy is end game and always has been.

Augustus will wear out his use when he double-crosses Alejandro or some shit. If Taeshi has the balls to ever bring up that plot point again.

>doubt anything romantic will happen between Lucy and Augustus because we all know full well Mike x Lucy is end game and always has been.
which is a pity, because Lucy and Augustus have a much better chemistry now. I could never accept Lucy and Mike getting involved romantically anymore, not after December and the suicide attempt: no matter the amout of apology and acknowledgement of their own flaws, the relationship will always be disfunctional due to the deep suffering they caused each other in the past.

Right or wrong I'm enjoying watching the angry grey cat suffer

Attached: D0p7pToU4AAwOvU.png (600x600, 313K)

Hoping for more grey cat blowing up at his shit friends

Well yeah. He flat out her that much in December and she's been harboring it since then. She wants a new start and if the old friends come to HER like Sue does then that's okay.

>She wants a new start
She doesn't. She just wants to be a bitch and a martyr at the same time.

Attached: [email protected] (640x884, 144K)

Polo is in no place to talk after being fuck buddies with rachel and then turning her down.

Attached: 1551792760229.jpg (750x592, 46K)

Wasn't that comfort sex that went too far?
Slutpup is still best pup tho.
and nupolo is a Steven Universe caricature

The next full page is going to just be Daisy monologue about how shitty Mike's acting huh? See y'all in two weeks I guess.

To be fair Rachel *would* say that even if he wasn't. Also to be even more fair it's a dumb retcon and Veronica can't write anything consistently even if you'd put a gun against her head.

Nah she's just a completely unlikable character with zero depth

So she banged him for a long period out of pity?