Why don't Superheroes ever run for any positions in the government? Why only supervillains?

Why don't Superheroes ever run for any positions in the government? Why only supervillains?

Attached: luthordisplay.jpg (1400x700, 173K)

Money.
Only Batman probably has enough money to run for a government position and maybe Wonder Woman.
Aquaman doesn't care about that shit considering he technically already rules 2/3rds of the whole world.

Most superheroes are vigilantes that don't expose their identities.

Wasn't there one alternate DC universe where black superman was the president and based on Obama? Or am I thinking of a political comic.

Green Arrow was Mayor of Star City for abit. Matter Eater Lad is a politician. I believe Diana Prince is technically a Ambassador. Didn't Matt Murdock become the DA at one point?

I would consider it a huge conflict of interest

Earth 2 Superman is also president. You're right.

You'd think the citizens of the Marvel and DC universes would know better than to elect guys like Osborn and Luthor

All the money in the world can't cover up the shady shit they've done over the years

Sure they do. It's hard to do your superjob AND run a country, though.

Attached: captain-america-president.jpg (960x540, 109K)

Attached: 0FCD5D51-1419-4349-B1C4-29CA8D881027.jpg (1041x1600, 281K)

Tenzil Kem AKA Matter Eater is the greatest Hero Politician Rock Star of all time.

Attached: MELad24.jpg (404x507, 81K)

Superheros know that the only way to effect positive change is a revolution and the establishment of a dictatorship of the proletariat, not revisionist reformism.

>i'm a soldier not a politician

Why not be both?

Because it's kinda forgettable.

Attached: ex-machina.jpg (360x552, 62K)

Weren’t some of the greatest presidents former soldiers? I mean even the first one was a general.

We already have a superheroe as president :D
KEEP AMERICA GREAT 2020

ew go back to /pol/

Yeah the line is really retarded.

In at least one universe Kamala Khan, AKA Ms. Marvel, becomes president when she grows up.

>Diana Prince is technically a Ambassador
It annoys me to no end that so few writers ever have Diana's civic responsibilities be a focus. Then again, how can they when editorial, being a bunch of filthy, retarded cowards, are always forcing Themyscira into limbo for the hundredth time. Actually having the Amazons be around could possibly mean developing them as a society and exploring their culture, even having them maybe try and fulfill their mission of spreading their message of love and peace to the world. But see, that would be political, and we wouldn't want politics in a genre that is all about a gifted elite who regularly use their special abilities to enact justice on their own terms. Heaven fucking forbid.

Attached: 678987089.jpg (183x361, 23K)

Because only villains run for government

>Jimmy Carter

>George Bush

>Great Presidents

Comblr. This is not your home.

29 of the 45 Presidents have done some type of military service at minimum and we used to just pick whoever was the most popular war time figure like when Grant won

One of my favourite comic

But he didn’t want to be mayor. It just kinda happened to him.

Only villains seek power over others