Captain Marvel

Who else is #givecarolagirlfriend on Yea Forums?

Attached: 85D080FB-C10D-4571-9714-4178FC4EA32C.jpg (701x437, 28K)

Fuck off back to Twitter/Tumblr/Reddit or whatever God forsaken hole you crawled out of you dumbass genderfluid tranny faggot.

Seething Incel detected!

Attached: dimaivnov2.jpg (715x1230, 196K)

This movie was bad, but not terrible. Its in that gray area where I can't make fun of it.

Attached: caroljess.jpg (860x1220, 222K)

I'd be all about it if her love was unrequited and it torpedoed their friendship

just give her some kind of conflict that isn't wrapped neatly in a bow and not against "the world in general" and it'll do miles to make her better

#GiveCarolaThor

this

Attached: otp broken.jpg (500x399, 85K)

Attached: wtc.png (886x1000, 473K)

We already have a lesbian captain marvel. Just bring her back to popularity.

Since 1979

Attached: 1471578227722.jpg (984x480, 428K)

>Movie gives lead female protagonist a male romantic interest
>Why does a woman always have to be chasing after a romance with some man?!
>Movie gives the lead female protagonist no love interest but gives them a supportive female friend
>YOU BETTER MAKE THEM LESBIANS!

#GiveCarolABetterActress

Kill yourself

Let’s not fucking kid ourselves here, Phyla was never that popular to begin with.

#givecarolcyanide

Yes

Attached: img_1543.jpg (600x650, 110K)

fpbp

Why did this page randomly cut away to Dr. Manhattan holding hands with himself?

One of the things that bothered me most about this movie, is that the only "struggle" we see her trying to overcome is against the men who tell her she shouldn't/can't/won't do things. And at least two of those men were right. Her father was right, he told her not to ride the Go Karts, and her brother told her not to drive so fast. She disobeyed both and immediately crashed and flipped her shit over the hay bail walls. She uses the argument "You let HIM ride" but the boy was clearly older and more experienced and knew how to control his faster speeds without crashing his shit and risking injuring himself.

>implying women need to take responsibility for their actions
Have sex, incel

Yea Forums is the only board on the internet that hates lesbians.

Truth

Only uggo lesbos, or man-hating resting bitch face ones.

>Incels vs femscels
Kek

Attached: v1.jpg (171x128, 6K)

>femscel
Umm, incel is gender neutral sweetie. Please have sex.

Feminism isn't gender neutral though

/thread

Oh shit

Attached: lesbians.jpg (649x377, 44K)

I just watched the movie, it was ok.
My biggest problem with it is how they painted alien race, they went to the usual route of an entire race being represented by a simplified attitude.
The Kree has already been established as an ambitious militaristic race and this movie just showed more of the same.
The Skrulls are shown as misunderstood almost helpless victims, even emphasizing that their entire race is pretty much all under the same condition as the ones shown in the movie.

The only complexity in the movie was Mar-Vell, but that's another problem, because it follows the usual power fantasy that white people have, how they have so much more power than the oppressed race and the oppressed race can only achieve freedom if the more powerful race helps them.

I would have preferred some Kree not being so bloodthirsty and some Skrulls being more ambitious beyond just "Freedom".

Only if it is Jessica Drew

What kind of monster would want to put another human in a relationship with a sociopath?

While not actually wrong, eventually the message was "let women make their mistakes so they can learn and get back up stronger".

Minor annoyances I get from the movie:
Carol absorbing the power from the engine/tesseract/space stone not having any explanation, not even a half-assed one like Star-lord being half something vague like in GOTG.

Why was Talos shot at the end? That shot had no point at all, if he had died it would be cheap but the shot would make sense. If nothing was going to happen to him anyway, just have him not get shot.

It's best to ignore them, user. You can never win.

Seems like Carol's biggest strength is that she always earns her Participation trophy.

I was about to post this. SHE KNOWS.
>Carol absorbing the power from the engine/tesseract/space stone not having any explanation, not even a half-assed one like Star-lord being half something vague like in GOTG.
Did this have to be explained? Really? They were just doing her literal origin, that's how it went down except she deliberately sacrificed herself instead of being a victim of circumstance like the comic. Jane Foster, for example, absorbed the Æther within herself just for poking it, I don't think that needed an explanation either (and I know people like to forget the movie existed but yeah, that happened).
>Why was Talos shot at the end?
I'll give you this, though.

Of course.

Attached: Jessica Drew24.jpg (2896x3954, 2.9M)

This, right here. I don't think that's a bad message at all, specially at the end where even after blasting all these ships by herself and deterring an attack by the Accusers, Yon-Rogg still saw fit to challenge her to see if she was "worthy" of respect. The fact that she told him she didn't have anything to prove to him pretty much solidifies that she grown past his validation.

I felt like since we know about the tesseract and we have seen Nazis try to harness the power then we see S.H.I.E.L.D. try to harness the power, Carol simply absorbing the power and having control over it having no explanation was just odd. If it was just some unknown power foreign power, it would be less confusing. But this was the space stone, also she had no space stone related powers.

>I felt like since we know about the tesseract and we have seen Nazis try to harness the power then we see S.H.I.E.L.D. try to harness the power...
The difference here is that Mar-Vell has access to technology way beyond humans and she knew how to harness its power for the lightspeed engine she devised in the movie, in a way that it draws energy from the Tesseract without relying directly on it. The engine didn't have the Stone itself remember, it was still in Mar-Vell's lab and what Carol absorbed was the raw energy which I'm guessing lost its container (the engine case) and grabbed onto the first thing that was nearby.
This also poses an interesting question: What happens if the Space Stone is destroyed in Endgame? Will it affect Carol's powers?

Carol absorbing the power is like if any Hydra agent absorbed the power from their tesseract powered weaponns, the closest we've seen something like this other than Carol is Jane with the Aether, but even then Jane had no control over it, the Aether was just using her as host.

>but even then Jane had no control over it, the Aether was just using her as host.
Even though it wasn't explicitly shown, the Kree put an implant on Carol to allow her to harness and control her powers, which is how they can switch it on and off at will. She probably wasn't able to control the amount of energy she received and was very unstable, until they found a way; and then over time she managed to get free of her implant after learning to control the blasts.

I think that's stretching it a bit, since we're only shown how the implant only stopped Carol from actually using her full potential instead of helping her.

Will you people ever shut the fuck up?

#Givecarolagirlfriend

I am, and it better be with Jessica Drew

Phyla's better as Quasar or just Phyla

Have you been to any other board on this site?

>I have only watched the trailer that shows this scene and I am faux outraged over a movie I never plan on seeing

>The Skrulls are shown as misunderstood almost helpless victims, even emphasizing that their entire race is pretty much all under the same condition as the ones shown in the movie.
Not really, they talk at length of how they infiltrate and conquer planets, which they do. So there are the bad Skrulls, the bad Kree, the good Skrulls, and the good Kree.

Attached: Spider-Marvel.jpg (1754x1240, 287K)

>Carol absorbing the power from the engine/tesseract/space stone not having any explanation
I don't think it needed to be explained, just commented on. For example, have someone say "we tried to figure out what exactly happened when you shot the engine, but came up short. no one really understands what the tesseract is or how it works.....and now no one understands you either"

Did they?
All I remember was Talos emphasizing that they were refugees and that other Skrulls across the universe are in a similar state.

Sorry, "they" as in the narration from Jude Law and co. when they said that the Skrulls had taken over multiple worlds through their disguise and infiltration. Talos was part of a group of peaceful Skrulls that just wanted to be left alone. But yeah the Kree were the invaders for the most part.

Most of tumblr are screeching for her to lift the Odinson's Stormbreaker after that last trailer, if you catch my wiggle in my giggle.

I also love making shit up

Homosexual development in Marvel movies are unlikely since Chinese censors might dislike it.

Never.

That's kinda sloppy though, and serves no purpose. It's like needing to show the scene where she gets a blood transfusion from Yon-Rogg instead of simply have him tell the Skrull that. Truth is, none of the ones working with the Tesseract aside from Mar-Vell knew well what to do with it and how to properly harness it, it only took someone who had alien tech to figure it out.

But anyone can lift it, it's just a heavy hammer.

Attached: 4F9DA091-4927-4C83-B9BC-433EDDCC565F.png (960x1830, 1.26M)

I'm just sick of capeshit in general. The MCU was a mistake and I pray for a time when a super hero movie came out once every three years

Attached: 1543346431583.jpg (720x540, 282K)

Demonstrably false.

Aww is the little Yea Forums drone getting tired of shitposting

Stormbreaker has no worthiness enchantment, so... Yes, it's true.

No one's forcing you to watch these movies. You can simply ignore them instead of complaining they exist. But we know you won't, because you got nothing else left.

Fujoshi shit needs to be a bannable offence.

Shit you're right, my bad.

have sex

I remember Rocket asked Thor why he didn't go and make these hammers for everyone and Thor was like "you need to be as strong as an Asgardian to wield them" or something, so I'm guessing you can lift them, but can't really use them in the way Thor does (channeling energy, teleporting, etc).

Is there any reason that the ax can't be lifted by anyone?

Attached: Carol Danvers253.webm (1280x720, 848K)

This is meant for

>Please have sex
No thanks, I'm not attracted to landwhales.

women would have liked her having a love interest, if he was a cute jude law who was not intimidated or defensive over her greater power and maybe took his shirt off sometimes. like steve in wonder woman, ladies love the steve

>thor dies in new avengers movie
>captain marvel 2 comes out
>it's chris hemsworth in obvious drag

Attached: 1552380487117.jpg (480x480, 31K)

Does it not bother you that the majority of funds being used to produce films goes specifically to capeshit. The money that goes into a MCU and DCEU could have go to dozens of smaller original content films of multiple different genres. But no you idiots keep going to mindlessly watch the same fucking origin movie or hero team up movie that hasn't change in quality since 2008.

YAAAAS

Is that what underage ESL trolling looks like

No because Carol is the best.

You really think all of Hollywood's woes would magically be fixed if the capeshit didn't exist? The studios would chase different trends, hedge their bets with a different genre, but ultimately there would be no more variety, comparatively and the industry would be similarly risk-averse.

>The money that goes into a MCU and DCEU could have go to dozens of smaller original content films of multiple different genres
I can assure you these movies are still getting made and also receive plenty of money, do you really, honestly believe Hollywood only funds MCU movies and that the money goes nowhere after that?
Plus here's the hard truth: even if they didn't invest that money in capeshit, they still wouldn't fund these hundreds of "independent, smaller films", that's simply not how it works. There exists a proven market and the investment almost always pays off. Unfortunately, original content is always a risk.
>But no you idiots keep going to mindlessly watch the same fucking origin movie or hero team up movie that hasn't change in quality since 2008
Well no, they actually have improved a lot and have jazzed up the formula as well, but again, no one is forcing you to watch these, I still watch PLENTY of original, smaller movies that aren't at all similar to comic books or whatever. These are just cheap entertainment for the most part, and keep a lot of people interested. Nothing else to it.

I'm trying

we would probably have a shitload more YA book adaptions