How would you fix Killer Moth to make him a hit villain like Mr. Freeze?

How would you fix Killer Moth to make him a hit villain like Mr. Freeze?

Attached: moth.jpg (270x329, 31K)

Probably toss the color scheme for a starters- which is a shame since it looks nice on him.

We've already had something like 30 threads about this.

>specializes as anti-Bat insurance for other criminals with a byline as an independent, low-level supervillain and investigatory work for other criminals
>is a single dad to Kitten, whose shitty attitude is kind of his fault for being something of a pushover as a dad
>is in some form of relationship with Batgirl that ranges somewhere between surprisingly functional and beautiful disaster
>actually gets an occasional win

Once you go over 3 colors it starts getting hard to coordinate them, and pretty much impossible when said colors are yellow, purple, green, and orange. Purple and yellow as the primaries with green as an accent would work pretty well.

>batgirl is wet for him
>his daughter is wet for robin
there needs to be something that ties these together in the same story

Make him Batman's Venom, since Bane's so shit at it. He's not only Bruce's physical equal, but he also uses tech made specifically with the Bat in mind, and also knows his identity and uses it to fuck with him.

There's nothing wrong with him.

Turn him into a girl.

Attached: lumi_by_matilda_fiship-dcl9prd.jpg (709x1127, 107K)

It turns out she's interested in Tim because she's a dirty fujo and thinks Damian is a weirdo midget.

have batgirl start mentoring him become a better villain

>Wow, Batgirl, if it hadn't have been for your training and belief in me I never could have robbed that diamond exchange! Thank you so much.
>...I'm not sure how I feel about this right now.

Get rid of the shitty color scheme and lean hard into a death's head moth motif.

Attached: death head moth.jpg (300x225, 14K)

His TTG design was cool in my opinion.

Attached: E182802E-3A35-4C5B-A04C-3ECD6A765F32.jpg (768x1024, 179K)

It's based on the TT animated design.

Attached: Killer_Motte_Teen_titans.png (500x375, 164K)

I think how he was shot in TT was a pretty good representation of him. Wanted to take over the world/whatever with his genetically altered matter eating moths, and his foil was his taking care of his daughter.

make him a distraction for batman other so criminals can get away with there crimes a thug with a idea help criminals by distracting batman and he get a cut do not try to make him anti-batman

This. The tt design was also much better than the one in the comics

Just flatout stop treating him as a joke.

Attached: Moth jizz.jpg (556x522, 259K)

>Batmoth
I miss those threads.

Attached: 1469166014196.jpg (648x523, 69K)

Same. A lot more content we could make from this

I feel like he should have a beard.
Has he ever been unmasked, or is that part of his shtick?

>Bring myself up to speed on the wiki
>"Nobody cared who I was till I put on the mask" would unironically work for him

He has been unmasked before but there's always room for mystery.

Attached: RCO002_1468949225.jpg (1041x1600, 384K)

As much as I love Deathstroke as a martial/mental foil for Batman, it would be intellectually dishonest to say Killer Moth wouldn't be better.

He would be able to pull different gadgets and martially synergize with them. Whereas Batman's devices would seek to help investigate, Moth's may make it harder for him to be detected, the cat and mouse would be more compelling.

It would make it all the more scary if Moth ever went on the offensive, maybe staying professional and merely evading capture until Bruce pisses him off on a personal level.

As Batmam has certainly gotten edgier, I'd have to agree with to match contemporary Bat's tone. is too bestial.

Reminds me of the Killer Moth design.

Attached: Killer_Moth_(Mutant).jpg (503x649, 38K)

*of The Batman

I think a neat direction would be for him to try to dismantle the power of batman as a symbol for shits and giggles.
Have him do mercenary work for other villains sabotaging batman's efforts by mimicking his methods.
By showing that he can do anything batman does and do it better, he undermines the idea of batman as anything more than a man, and through his garish costume and bizarre moniker, he criticizes the idea that costumed heroes should be taken seriously in any capacity.

Just go back to the basics and build on that without treating him as a joke and with a less goofy costume.

Honestly by this point I think Killer Moth is defined by his silly outfit more than anything else, and trying to remove it and make him serious never stuck.

I'd keep the original concepts of him being a professional criminal helper and distraction, and play up the daughter thing from Teen Titans (I think he has a crippled niece in canon and that works too)
I'd make it so the reason he wears that stupid costume in the first place, besides it being a distraction, is because when he started, he wanted to wear something that wouldn't scare his daughter when he came home at night. Something that he could point to and pretend to be a hero to her. And he's never cared about everyone else mocking him for him as long as it made her happy.
Of course, she's not a child anymore and she thinks the outfit is stupid too, but she doesn't have the heart to tell him.

I think trying to make Moth a super serious or competent badass is not just laughably misguided, but it's gonna result in him being indistinguishable from the dime a dozen evil Batmen that DC shits out every year. If the failure of Charaxes and gas mask Moth have proven anything it's that the loser in a doofy costume will always win over audiences than a gritty badass or monster.
He already has a niche for him and interesting concepts that have never been explored in depth. Go with that.

Attached: moth_band.jpg (612x606, 83K)

Attached: tumblr_inline_mi6ros9duO1qz4rgp.jpg (320x240, 17K)

Batgirl hooks up daughter in exchange for a hook up with dad?

Or maybe an NTR story with Batgirl screwing Killer Moth in front of Robin who is bound and getting teased by KMs daughter?

Attached: fe34bd42756cc737df6ec20d6fd9f5c67b6b4538273b2b407e41d2de992c733a.jpg (1280x1503, 350K)

Keep his costume, don't change a fucking thing about it. Just let him be an actual threat. I really like the sort of Batman Insurance angle others have suggested.

Attached: aa648e078aac5fe34a9135d7fc3db3f608e7319945e44f515fde4d718294ab06.png (592x495, 160K)

Exactly how he appeared in dc super hero girls- a nice guy who just wants to be best friends with batgirl, but heroes show up and beat him up.

Attached: 4e27bad654cf4d98322aa2be0683cf07.jpg (500x651, 46K)

>Bright distracting colors.
>Even if Batman knows he's a distraction, Moth's skill doesn't allow him to ignore the threat.

Gets the almonds joggin.

Make him rape Babs

Remember when he gave birth to a bunch of clones of himself?

He can be a competent badass but he should be a everyman type of character.

I agree he should be competent, but most writers don't get that balance and he could all too often just become another Hush or Dr.Hurt or Owlman or whatever, you know the type.

I think Marshall Rogers also had some pretty good ideas for Moth in his unreleased Bat project even if the costume was too overdesigned and stupid

Attached: Marshall Rogers's Killer Moth.jpg (1280x847, 952K)

Killer Moth is Criminal Batman, but mentally sane.
He became a supercompetent criminal to spite his parents.

He should be written like Taskmaster: a professional who didn't let REVEEEEENGE! go to his head.
His job is Distracting the Batman (though he does transfers, though they cost more and must be requested in larger advance because he needs to study the local capes) and he's good at it

He has a complicated relationship with Babsgirl. As in, everybody believes they are in a romantic relationship.
Moth is completely unaware of this, and instead acts as a father figure of sort toward Babs.
He has a deep dislike of Batman for bringing children in such a dangerous line of work, but at some point he realizes the kids are perfectly well adjusted and they keep Batman from becoming another Arkham inmate.
(when Jason Todd died, he wanted to trash Batman but then decided a trip with his daughter AWAY from Gotham was better, mostly because Batgirl, who he was quite happy basically retired done time before, intercepted him and explained what a mess was Batman at the moment)

Babs keeps having to trash her underwear whenever they meet.
They have quite the meaningful discussions while fighting, which help both with their personal and professional problems.
At some point, Moth discovers Babs's identity and hires her to tuition his daughter, so she'd be out of his hair AND away from danger for a couple nights a week.

Moth was quite relieved to discover Spoiler was Cluemaster's daughter, as it showed she wasn't ruined by her cunt of a father and managed to develop into a (sorta) well adjusted person.

To this day, he doesn't understand why Tim is involved with Batman. It's obvious he's a fine young man with a good head on his shoulders and a working sense of danger.
Why the hell he followed that unavoidable headcase? At least he got pants...

Batgirl actually sent him a message asking him to not get actively involved with the new Batgirl (Cass) if possible. He obliged.

A straight fitted cape in contrast to Batman's draping cowl?