Why did she get so little fanart?

Why did she get so little fanart?

Attached: 1552002742683.jpg (1280x720, 166K)

Mostly fujo fanbase.

Shit design, simple as. Pidge was waaaay cuter. So if anyone was gonna bother drawing a girl from this fujobait show it was always gonna be the cute tomboy nerd. I can post two or more Pidges for every one Allura of decent quality.

Of course neither of them can approach Lance, Keith or Shiro.

white girls pretend to like brown girls, but they don't.
they're liars.

This, the only way she'd be popular with the Voltron fanbase is if you made her gay for a white woman.

/thread

Pidge was the cutest. I wish she'd been in a better show.

Attached: 215.jpg (424x650, 152K)

I like that she turned out to not only be straight but a stone cold bitch that only cared about fucking her brother.

I wish Leifsdottir had any fan art at all.

Attached: 1542941885609.png (500x519, 196K)

Explain Katara then you faggot

The most obvious is that she's in a male heavy show that appeals to fujos, but there are lots of women that self-insert or simply like seeing female characters they can imagine being friends with but she doesn't really appeal to any of those people either. Otherwise she lacks appeal in key ways due to certain design decisions; in short she's a teen girl that's written and designed like a much older woman and this comes together to make a discordant, low-appeal character.

>an overly angular, mature face
If she was shorter, with a squatter, cuter face she'd look younger and more relatable to young women (and adults would root for her more and feel more protective).

>mature sounding VA
While her VA is talented she sounds like a 30+ year old woman and not a teen girl and doesn't talk like one either

>Doesn't get many cute, fun moments or act much like a teen girl
Paired with the above two she does just kind of come off like an oddly young schoolmarm. If the character isn't endearing then they are just less likely to have fans that will want to draw them or that want to see fanart of them. You can't self insert as her nor are you motivated to see her as 'potential bff' (or waifu for the waifufags).

I think her hair and costume design also lacks charm. The loose hair looks nicer than the bun (though I saw a really nice short hair edit too), her dress isn't very pretty (they should have had a woman design it) and her bodysuit could do with tweaking.

Attached: shorthairallura.png (1072x674, 528K)

I'm shocked at how much more youthful and friendlier she looks with these short hair edits

Attached: anothershorthairallura.jpg (1024x576, 49K)

one more just to prove a point

Attached: bish.png (1072x674, 415K)

All of those are massive improvements. I'd still have mostly ignored her for Pidge, but that's a great look for Allura. And I usually prefer long hair.

You're right on the money though. Her design and personality tried too hard to go for proper and elegant and she wound up coming off as downright matronly. There's a reason early on why people that weren't into gayshipping liked slapping her with Shiro as "Space Mom/Dad".

They tried to give her a few immature moments and gimmicks, but it never stuck. Personally I feel like the way they handled Allura was one of their biggest mistakes, the lukewarm fanart reception being but one indication of that.

Attached: 226.png (1053x720, 503K)

Another long hair Pidge just 'cuz

Attached: 1544372174127.png (1279x632, 879K)

she was, it was called evangelion.

Attached: kensuke.jpg (225x350, 35K)

I was about to make this post myself, her design is basically just girl Kensuke

Attached: S2E07.321._Check_out_the_new_do.png (1793x1010, 1.82M)

Great points.

I also really dug Korra's angular sharp face (it indicated confidence and maturity, something I'm quite a fan of)

Attached: 1515375188251.png (588x427, 194K)

He works well as a girl. He also sort of reminds me of Fio Germi a little, but I think that's more the outfit.

Attached: 261.jpg (344x548, 26K)

Attached: 260.jpg (1004x1024, 115K)

Nobody likes Katara.

Matronly is an excellent descriptor. And so much of it comes down to non visual cues too. She's pretty, but matronly. I hadn't even considered they were going for elegant.

Korra was much better designed imo

Design, even original allura is more tempting to draw. Nu-allura personality and design is a bit overdone.

Attached: allura SFW.jpg (734x950, 334K)

How do you make a brown skinned elfish looking character so ugly

Sokka does.

Attached: naughtyyy.gif (384x288, 570K)

Should have just gone all in on those mature traits. Made her actually older, and a bitch. Abandon cutesy entirely.

Attached: c979e7a31f394988d80f4c5dda20ab1a.png (1436x1080, 2.17M)

This is another good idea and her VA would have fit well too.

Does she still hook up with Lance in the end? Teacher-student style?

Queen bitch Allura doms the shit out of him. It's problematic as fuck. The final scene is Lance on a leash kissing her knee-high leather boot in Altean Valhalla.

Attached: Allura_kills_lance.png (973x895, 708K)

Let's see
>need straight male drawfags or lesbians to draw lewds
>show is gay as fuck for male characters

Attached: 275.jpg (413x700, 31K)

Attached: Pidge SFW.jpg (734x950, 379K)

fpbp

Now we're talking

Attached: 1522587298_boner of the year.jpg (401x333, 116K)

She’s not a very good character.

I love her VA, it makes Allura a person mature beyond her age

SO CUTE

She's a darkie that's why.

I wish there were more quality promotional material of Pidge.

Attached: 203.jpg (1137x1073, 122K)

Attached: tumblr_pf8x1nOrSP1scpw90o1_1280.jpg (878x1498, 181K)

Attached: 273.jpg (520x700, 49K)