Heh

Heh.

Attached: 1343177989521.jpg (2500x1000, 388K)

Old image is old

It's Economy of the United States. Even Hospital cost your many years from work.

>$270,000
A Simpsons VA gets paid nearly twice that amount per episode

East vs West threads are cancer and OP is a faggot

Have to pay all the 'talented' (((voice actors))) and all of their (((agents))).

beat me to it

Most of it went to probably marketing and the cast.

I wonder what old Simpsons cost. It looks better than Zombie Simpsons

Attached: RASxTlV.gif (256x368, 1.94M)

Oh boy, this thread again! I really enjoyed it the first hundred times.
Such insightful comments and critiques on the industry.

what is the one on the right?

Americans know what they're worth. The way the Japanese are treated in the workplace is inhumane.

Attached: 1475485231864.jpg (866x733, 182K)

isn't it amazing what slave labor can do?

You try asking Tom Hanks for a free cameo

Is everything you don't like a work of the Jews?

Heh, since we're criticizing each other,
do japanese still kill endangered whales for "research purposes" and still sell the meat afterwards?

112 hours of work/work related stuff a week? ouchies

Japanese are also proud of their quality. The Americans don't give a fuck as long as they're paid.

Wow, I really wish I could even be 1/3 as productive as this.

I don't know. Do Americans still get shot for being alive?

This is incredible considering how shit the english voices are

Despite those absurd hours Japan isn't more productive than other industrialized nations.

Maybe it works for the manga industry which is pretty japan specific, but they're paid really poorly (and work absurd hours).

This more or less. Their work culture breaks people to their core but doesn't actually result in more being produced, In fact Japan's GDP per capita is about on par with most of Western Europe and about 2/3 that of America's.

The voiceactors have a union so trying to cheap out would just start a massive union battle if I remember right.

Also the voice actors (despite getting boatloads of cash) still make money for the company.

That's just because they have a gigantic aging population that screw up the capita numbers. In terms of what a selected individual accomplishes it's unparalleled.

America has become a real shit society for independent artists.
Unless you are hired by a big company or you become a patreon beggar pandering to SJW media you cant earn money or gain social exposure.

No wonder no interesting independent artist has come out of the US anymore. Everything Americans talk about nowadays is a shitty blockbuster or SNS bullcrap. Same goes for Yea Forums. Everything is about money too.

>Japanese are also proud of their quality.
Working yourself to death is more harmful to the finish product than anyone is worth admiting.

They are?

Attached: 1308929917312.jpg (800x1200, 225K)

>retard tries to say something about animation while posting still images

Attached: 2fb0e0593a6a0a07de957de7bf14fe3b.jpg (500x417, 46K)

Yeah, and that's still america. Try becoming an independent artist in a 3rd world country.

Artistry is turning into a hobby again. The days of the renaissance where people would pay you to create something are over.

I bet you're taking it out of context.

Does the 3rd world country have free healthcare?

Im saying America has become the third world country for independent artist. They cant show their individual talent without tweeting some pandering shit on SNSes everyday or being hired by mega corps anymore. You are too patriotic to face the reality

Look, it's hard work and the bottom line is that it has to be done on time, not quality work. If they cared about quality they'd take frequent breaks, like Eiichiro Oda.

Attached: 1308930311781.jpg (640x480, 38K)

>In fact Japan's GDP per capita is about on par with most of Western Europe and about 2/3 that of America's

This is where math distorts reality. Japan's GDP is dragged down by the number of elderly people they have, which is a result of low crime and good healthcare. The percentage of seniors in Japan is nearly twice ours.

The one on the right is a pretty, pretty picture. There's little actual animation to it.
Filmation Star Trek episodes were cheap for about the same reason.

It's even higher now.
How much is he paid now every episode? Twenty five million?

CLAMP does this on purpose, I hope you know that.

No wonder they don't want outsiders. Our muggers would have that place cleaned out if it's nothing but 90 year olds with their front doors unlocked. It's like a treasure horde just waiting to be claimed.

The crime is actually on par but it’s just syndicated/regulated via the Yaks. Most of it doesn’t get reported by their main channels like NHK or TV-Asashi unless it’s a psycho with a knife killing people in Shibuya Square or cult nonsense. Plus the Japanese’s natural acceptance of suicide. A lot of deaths both by crime and other factors are written off as suicide since it’s the basic John Doe style death for them and doesn’t raise questions.

To contrast, Akira Toriyama and Hiro Mashima spent as little time as possible when making their original series. Toriyama borderline wrote and drew the series in the last 3 or so days of the deadline every week, and almost never planned stuff out.

He also absolutely fucking hated it, to the point where all he remembers from making draogn ball is the anguish it brought him.

According to Toriyama's own captions in the beginning of each DB volume, he tried to do at least a couple pages a day. Of course that could be bullshit tho.

monopolization
even junk like that can sell well in the market

same goes for a commie state in a way. americans love the chink way more than the japanese.

Japanese crime numbers are severely understated due to intentional obfuscation by the Yakuza, it's a very open secret. Their crime's actually about on-par with the West and their business-related crime is probably way higher, as evidenced by the fact that the Yakuza is estimated to control well over $1 trillion of the Japanese economy.

Speaking of CLAMP

Attached: A3.jpg (1676x2400, 1.25M)

>Their crime's actually about on-par with the West and their business-related crime is probably way higher, as evidenced by the fact that the Yakuza is estimated to control well over $1 trillion of the Japanese economy.

No. The majority of Yakuza's criminal dealings with the general populace, other than typical vice such as gambling and adult businesses, are in loan sharking. This is because the Japanese banking industry is too conservative. The Yakuza are a financial services industry unto themselves. Being well-invested does not equal higher crime.

I thought it was implicit by context that I was referring to the kind of crime that would shorten lifespan, i.e. violent crimes. This is lower in Japan across the board. Were it not for Japan's high suicide rates, their GDP would look even worse.

Filmation's a baffling studio- Their budgets were on par with most other shows of their era (if slightly less) and they still managed to look worse than their Asian/Australian-outsourced counterparts.

Because they had to pay unionized American workers, since Filmation had a strict "MADE IN USA NO OUTSOURCING EVER" policy that they rode to the grave.

>CLAMP
do not understand

The guy who does Detective Conan used to only sleep 3 hours a day and now he's dying. He's been on life alert and still ended up coming back to do the manga. I think he said he gets more sleep these days.

It's like when a sports team wins a champsionship and the best players get new contracts that jump in price. This is why NFL teams rarely repeat Super Bowl wins (unless your QB has a rich wife so he can take pay cuts to help pay other players). Simpsons are one of the largest and most iconic franchises in the world and makes Fox a shit ton of money in not just ratings but licenses and merchandise.

>severely understated
Because outside of Japan crime never goes unreported.

Imagine losing sleep over detective fucking conan

The guy goes on trips to study locations for cases. Or he used to. Lucky Star, that'd be pathetic. Conan requires way more time than you'd think, even putting together the culprit's routine, drawing it, writing it, etc. Plus story cases are pretty elaborate.

>east vs west thread
Economy edition

Attached: giphy (1).gif (480x358, 1.16M)

I guess, but the end result is basically just doogie howser with detectives. I'd understand giving your sleep up for Parasyte or something with a strong message and reason to exist.

>and reason to exist
He just wants to make it man and has a deadline.

Only in Liberal gun-controlled cities