Looks like DC is actually getting the tone for their characters right and Aquaman wasn't just a one off

Looks like DC is actually getting the tone for their characters right and Aquaman wasn't just a one off
instagram.com/p/BvIlpPlHN2o
instagram.com/p/BvImeVOnZtU/

Attached: 04174717.jpg (1035x1165, 245K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BvGBRJonzPP/
instagram.com/p/BvGEAujnmyB/
youtube.com/watch?v=3p6qW7CBxxA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks fun, desu.

>Looks like DC is actually getting the tone for their characters right
Not so long as they use Geoff's stories. Worst Sivana imaginable.

I don't want to get into the whole Company Wars bit but more decent CB movies is a win/win for everyone...

...well, except for neckbeards whining about capeshit.

Sivana takes his more traditional form at the end of the film

I chuckled

That was really funny, I like the twist on the woman gets mugged scene from Curse.

The pacing in the second part was fucking great. That was pretty good

>Shoot him in the face!

Man that was actually really funny, the fact that the muggers went along with it makes it even better

I'm starting to believe this may be one of the best Superhero films ever made guys

I liked that shooting gag.
>...well, except for neckbeards whining about capeshit.
True, but fuck them.

>shoot him again!

Attached: d86.jpg (286x323, 19K)

Seems like it, even critics who hate capeshit are praising Shazam on twitter

Previous scene
instagram.com/p/BvGBRJonzPP/
instagram.com/p/BvGEAujnmyB/

Was this from a critic showing or something? How did he get away with filming so much?

That was just to introduce him. At the end of the Justice League back ups, Sivana looks more like his classic self.

I really wish they wouldn't adapt Johns' stuff, though. Do some of the old shit instead.

Also, I'm kind of surprised Johns isn't getting any shit for using Shazam to write for movies. Millar used to get shit on hard for doing that.

I thought it was funny how Sivana's father was played by John Glover especially since he also played Lex's dad in Smallville

Johns' New 52 story was essentially made to be adapted into a movie, it's almost exactly structured like one. You can't blame them for adapting the easiest and most critically praised Shazam comic in decades.

>Also, I'm kind of surprised Johns isn't getting any shit for using Shazam to write for movies
Even when Curse of Shazam was coming out month by month I remember user's saying "This is like a movie pitch" so I dunno, maybe we just expected it?

I'm so excited for this movie boys. Quick question though. Has anyone ever used those RealD Shades that you clip onto glasses you're already wearing? I'm considering buying a pair of those so I can more easily see this movie in 3D, but have no clue how they are.

Attached: beautiful.png (640x359, 439K)

>Look at me, I am the fake ID!

Attached: thats funny.gif (444x250, 1.09M)

Yeah, I get that. For the first movie, at least. I read somewhere that the end credit scene is Mr. Mind talking about seven magical lands, though. Which is the current story Johns is doing.

Which is what I really hate. I don't want another 1 to 1 adaptation of Johns Shazam. I prefer what the comic movies have done until now and just take the general premise and ideas, but do their own shit for the most part.

I'm not going to watch any more movie footage. It feels like so much and I really don't want to see the majority of the jokes before the movie, in a comedic movie

Yeah don't watch anymore of these leaked clips but trust me. You've barely seen anything

>I'm kind of surprised Johns isn't getting any shit for using Shazam to write for movies
Maybe because before going into comics Johns used to intern for Richard Donner writing drafts and copying scripts for him and then worked as his production assistant.

Hell he met Berganza while working on Donner's Conspiracy Theory movie (the one with Mel Gibson) and that's what opened the door for him to write for DC. Johns already had his movie connections he's not using comics to jumpstart a movie career.

Well in OP's post most of the stuff is in the trailer. The full sequence to it was legitimately surprising.

>I prefer what the comic movies have done until now

Attached: Ahad_Israfil.jpg (1119x826, 421K)

>Shoot him in the face!
>Shoot him in the fa- THE FACE?

Attached: forty keks.jpg (104x90, 3K)

>Actually clapping at the movie
I thought that shit was just a meme?

>Has anyone ever used those RealD Shades that you clip onto glasses you're already wearing? I'm considering buying a pair of those so I can more easily see this movie in 3D, but have no clue how they are.

I wore ones before switching to contacts, they do their job but they are usually pretty cheaply made and they break easily so you need to be extra careful with them. Like leaving them in your backpack and then throwing shit in it is enough to break them, so you need to be really careful with how you handle them.

Also there's a difference between them and the IMAX ones so if you're going to an IMAX screening you need to wear the IMAX ones, I don't go to IMAX theaters so I don't know how the IMAX ones differ exactly.

Thanks for the heads up buddy. I'll double check before buying anything.

I thought they did it at the end, not during.

>clapping in the cinema
I fucking hate Americans and their autism.

OBSESSED

>hands him his gun back
>hands it back properly too so he can grab it by the grip

Attached: 124323232323231.png (846x900, 403K)

>follow Marvel formula
>profit
Good shit. Was getting tired of all the edge

Clapping in the theaters is stupid but if it makes you so butthurt and angry maybe you're the one who has autism.

>Marvel invented the fun Superhero movie

Attached: 1040461-superman_reeve.jpg (445x363, 28K)

If it was Marvel formula Shazam would have been making a bunch of witty remarks and acting overconfident with the robbers.

I don't know. There's something wrong with casual people. That scene with Shazam in the convience store is just okay to me. It's not the funniest thing ever.

I'm officially find with Marvel being # 1 forever because seriously, there is something wrong with casual people.

>Americans laughing loudly and clapping during the movie

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Captain Marvel is funnier.

"Shoot him again" is pretty fucking funny, dude.

Agreed, way better than Carol Danvers

I know, he's the best

Shazam is not Captain Marvel. Carol Danvers is Captain Marvel, and her movie will make over a billion. Carol Danvers will be the face of the MCU after the next Avengers movie. Accept it.

That's fine and dandy, but Billy Batson is also named Captain Marvel. I wish the MCU the best though. It makes a lot of people happy and I'm happy that people are happy

>literally trying to start company wars

whoa whoa whoa
This was my one hope.
That the muscular empowered Sivana is fake and he is just the scrawny real Sivana who used some science shit or stole some magic. Tell me there is a scene of Billy taking him away looking like this.

Attached: 306736a8ebf684fffbd37de15d62facd.jpg (347x746, 64K)

Well Johns is pretty much a failed Hollywood wrtier that stumbled upwards into comics.

Literally what he looks like before he's arrested

Nah. It really wasn't

So are most comic writers and editors

Most don't stumble upwards. Morrison has been clawing at that sweet sweet Hollywood cash for decades

Thats literally encouraged in test screenings since the creators or higher up staff are there.

>most critically praised

Attached: The Multiversity (2014) Thunderworld Adventures.jpg (640x983, 149K)

>marvel loving söy-drinking tranny shill slaves of the mousejews have to fucking mention captain cuntwhore in every fucking shazam thread

RENT
FUCKING
FREE

sounds like a freaking laugh track...
very annoying

>handed them back their gun
>not over confident
I admit it's not as great an an actual marvel film but they're finally trying

Man this movie looks genuinely funny, I'm really hyped

>tranny dilations REEEEEEEEE
Literally rent free, and it's getting creepy.

I'm glad this movie is going to bomb.

I'm glad they didn't go with the blond Freddy, I mean, having a Captain Marvel Jr. that doesn't look like young Elvis just seems wrong.

What's with the laugh track? Is that a thing they do for movie screenings?

Oh you DC morons are in for a very rude awakening

There's only one reason Aquaman and Shazam are somewhat watchable DC movies and he got fired after Justice League bombed

Attached: DLRVbGJU8AE1VgC.jpg (1080x1080, 255K)

Awesome! I guess I better check out Aquaman and this movie.

The screenings aren't just for critics

We'll probably get a full camrip after Saturday

>Since Shazam is still Billy deep down, he reacts as teens naturally do: he gleefully tests the limits of his powers with the help of Freddy and uses his ability to pass as an adult to buy beer, skip school, and even go to a strip club. He even hustles for money using his powers. The first half is pretty much a full-on comedy, but the film also has a very big heart and serves as a reminder that families don't always have to be related by blood. Much of the emotional drama is shouldered by Asher Angel, who does a fantastic job as Billy. Even though he's been granted the powers of a god, he's still just a kid searching for a home and a place to belong to.

>profit
Let's not get too crazy

Attached: Screenshot_20190314-112903_Chrome.jpg (1079x1249, 530K)

Attached: 3981F29C-D35D-47C4-838B-809744F018A6.jpg (1024x623, 81K)

youtube.com/watch?v=3p6qW7CBxxA
I'd say I didn't think DC could fit this much god awful shit into one movie but that would require me to forget the 6 other DC pieces of shit which is exactly what DC wants

Looks like/tv/ is getting on the wrongtrain again

keep bumping it ladderbro

>Look at these people enjoying something.
>Better try and ruin it for them.
Why you gotta be a faggot user. You don't HAVE to be a faggot, but you're CHOOSING to be one.

Someone has to seeing as this is probably going to be the only thread for this piece of shit until Saturday

People in my theater clapped during Aquaman when he came out in his traditional outfit. I did too.

Who hurt you as a child?

>All of this fun

Somewhere out there Ezra Miller is seething and he doesn't know why.

>So um, the robbery scene! This is a very important moment for Billy's characterization, because, well, the idea of 'adulthood' is very important for this film. So he has this moment where he realizes, "I'm essentially bullet proof". They try and they try, but it's just not doing anything. So, Billy feels empowered! More empowered than he's felt in a long time because he's, well, an orphan. So he takes the gun as a display of his newfound power and autonomy. And I thought it was really important to just have him focus on the gun for a few seconds. It's an important symbol of his newfound power. The catalyst of his transition to becoming a hero. A real, full circle situation since his parents were gunned down at the start of the film. So, yeah, he takes the gun, and almost symbolically shoots the robbers through the skull. And then they get root beer.

Attached: Zack.jpg (1280x720, 482K)

Yeah the stuff from the OP is mostly just in the trailer, so it's fine, but I'm gonna try to avoid anything else. Movie looks really fun and I don't wanna spoil any of it for myself.

Its dc. They'll fuck it up. They think edgy and dark is more relatable.

Do you have to be a faggot all the time?

>His name is Thundercrack!
I have to watch this in the cinemas to laugh along with everyone else instead of alone in my room

Attached: Wheeze.jpg (377x264, 23K)

Accept it? I welcome it lmao
Based Brie will crash the MCU with no survivors

Attached: 1552838587899.png (724x542, 417K)

>everyone else

Attached: 20190120_140506.jpg (2800x1680, 2.22M)

Wrong that was the old old DC the first guys who got fired this is the second guy who got fired who wanted everything more like Marvel but still canon to the old stuff.

I'm waiting for this new guy who will probably be fired's clusterfuck filled with R-rated indieshit and horror movies

Movie looks fucking great

Can't believe I'm laughing at a movie, this rarely happens. Last time was probably Deadpool 1.

Why do two robbers resort to attempted murder so quickly? I wouldn't even expect them to have loaded guns. I know I'm probably overthinking a children's comedy movie, but still.
Although it can probably be excused by Shazam's "natural ability to find crime" from comics, which would explain him stumbling into such violent muggers.

Posting social media links should get you banned for life

Stop shilling these movies you fucking hacks

It’s Philly, not sure if it’s the Kensington area but if it is, that place is fucking horrible

>no thinly veiled jesus metaphor
0/10

Yeah, but not for the right reasons.

This is in no way the same as the social media reaction posts. user actually shared shit we haven't seen.

I don't give a shit about Shazam and never read his comics, but this looks hilarious. Do I need to know anything about the previous movies to get into this? Last I saw was Batman v Superman and that shitfire turned me off the other ones.

It was a leaked scene you autist not a fucking twitter screen cap

Movie starts in winter of 1974, a dad and his two sons are driving down the road - one son is younger and more of the nerdier kid and he is playing with his magic 8 ball. The older brother and father begin to mess with him and then he’s suddenly transformed to the Wizard. In the wizard’s ‘lair’(?) we first see Mr Mind, then the seven deadly sins - they’re all statues that’s eyes glow red and can talk. The wizard informs him that his goal is to look for someone so pure of heart that he could transfer his powers over to as he is growing weaker. The boy is tempted by the sins and manipulated to go and grab this glowing ball that they call the eye(might have missed a more official title) right as he is going to touch it - wizard slaps his hand away and tells him that anyone pure of heart would defeat that temptation - he banishes the boy back to the car ride with his father and brother. He begins to spazz out and the dad is distracted yelling at the boy before looking up and seeing a truck coming head on - he manages to swerve out of the way and spin out leaving the car safe. He yells at the boy and tells him he could’ve got them all killed - then they’re hit by a truck. The father flies out of the car and is on the ice in front of them, the older brother goes and checks and tells the little boy it was all his fault. The little boy picks up the magic 8 ball and it reads “find me.” The wizard yells about how he needs to find someone pure of heart no matter how long it takes.

Attached: shazam-seven-deadly-sivana.jpg (628x254, 18K)

>Do I need to know anything about the previous movies to get into this?
Nope

Present day Philadelphia, Winter. Billy Batson lures police officers to a pawn shop, locks them inside and then looks on the police scanners for info about a possible mother. He finds the address of a Rachel Batson and goes there, he waits outside and rehearses what he’ll say until he finally knocks on the door and opens it is a black woman. Police show up and take Billy in - he’s brought back to a social service worker who tells billy he has a new foster family. His new step mom & step dad pick him and take him home - he meets his brother Eugene initially as he’s screaming while playing some game online, Darla is super excited to see him - she makes him a poster that says welcome home new brother but she notices that their other sibling Pedro left his weights on it and the poster slightly rips when she tries to pull the weights off. Another sibling Mary enters the room on a phone with a college - she has to answer a question about opportunities she’ll get at college. Billy then meets Freddie(Jack Dylan Grazer) and Freddie shows him his favorite superhero memorabilia - a bullet that bounced off Superman’s body.

Attached: fedsfrfg.jpg (801x450, 56K)

Superman died then he didn't also batman wonder Woman Aquaman flash cyborg and Harley Quinn exist the end

Back in some office, a woman is talking to someone through Skype asking her questions about the wizards lair - we notice there’s a ton of video logs with other people who also visited the lair. She begins to say that on her alarm clock she noticed there was symbols that flashed over and over - a voice in the background, the boy all grown up - Dr. Sivana. She mentions she has video of the symbols and shows them. Sivana and the woman walk through a lab to another room, the woman tells sivana that’s its her project and he shows her a door with the symbols on it - he needed the video to perfect the sequence they go in and puts them in order correctly on the door. The woman touches the door and turns to dust. Sivana walks through it and finds the wizard again - “remember me?” - Sivana immediately goes for the eye and absorbs all the souls of the seven deadly sins in his eye.

At school, Darla tries to say bye to Billy before he goes off for the day but he makes her feel bad when telling her they aren’t real brother and sister - she walks away sad with Freddie. At lunch Freddie sits with billy and after trying to pester him for a few minutes - Freddie assumes that billy stole his Superman bullet(it’s not mentioned before aside from this tiny line) - Billy assures him he didn’t. Outside, bullies drive him and hit Freddie - they begin to beat on him and bully him - billy initially starts to walk past until they mention that Freddy has no mom - billy immediately turns around and smacks one of the bullies with Freddie’s crutch and then rams it into the others crotch. They grab billy but he manages to get away and runs down a subway station and onto a train and away from the bullies. While on the train - symbols begin to appear on the LED screens and the windows begin to freeze - Billy is transported to the wizard who tells Billy about the history of these powers - one wizard had it all until he turned evil and used his powers to kill dozens of people and release the seven deadly sins into the world(believe this was Black Adam but not sure, you see a little cgi version of the character and it looked like him) he wants billy to have the power he possesses. All billy has to do is say Shazam - billy says Shazam and transforms into Shazam. The wizard fades away. Shazam transports back to Philadelphia and goes to the foster home to get help from Freddie. Montage where Him and Freddie test out all of his possible powers, we also learn than billy did steal the bullet. Shazam can shoot lightning with his hands, super speed, super strength, bullet immunity.

Attached: 1552796385747.jpg (1008x574, 124K)

They should do a Huntress movie next. Basically gives them another shot at the Batverse and gives the normies an interesting character they've never heard of

Attached: Shazam.jpg (1123x718, 203K)

>Why do two robbers resort to attempted murder so quickly? I wouldn't even expect them to have loaded guns.
Armed robbery is relatively common in America.

>They should do a Huntress movie next
Well technically...

Attached: D00RUZ8WoAIBxzQ.jpg (2048x1366, 370K)

>And uh, you know, I remember, when we were recording Levi decided to start flossing for the camera. And I remember thinking to myself, "Whoa, what is that?" So, he describes flossing for me. Says he hates it, but teens were doing it and he figured it would make him seem more authentic. So, I thought to myself, "This is good stuff." But I don't see how flossing could be story relevant, and ya know, I want everything to feel as...tightly kept together as I can. Then I found out about T posing. Apparently, you stick you're arms out like you're being crucified to show how superior you are. And I thought to myself, "There's a lot we can do with that." I uh...I don't want to spoil it, or anything, but when Shazam T-poses over the bodies at the end of the robbery scene, it's going to be an important framing device during the climax of the film. I'm hinting at something a lot bigger here, but you'll just have to watch it to find out.

Attached: Snyder.jpg (1280x720, 491K)

>$80 mil movie getting half it's money back in the opening

Looks like a profit to me.

Tracking has gone up since then anyway

Well you're a blind idiot box office goes down after opening weekend so if it's lucky it will get $75 million before Endgame completely destroys it

Levi is so based.

Attached: 1523051085368.png (790x652, 785K)

Shazam is gonna beat all odds quietly just like Jumanji did with Star Wars

Attached: 1552676288156.jpg (569x721, 142K)

i'm always salty that mary and billy aren't twins anymore.

i guess its avoid the weird fanfics then

Funny

I remember when you morons said the same thing about Rampage going up against Infinity War

Oh no, I laughed.
I swore off capeshit, don't make me go out of my way to watch a capeshit.

>getting the tone for their characters right
>Aquaman
kek

and Rampage did fine

Sure it did just like Tomb Raider "did fine"

Yikes are you actually mad faggot??

He's been literally camping out in every Shazam thread shit talking it for hours at a time and bringing up Carol over and over.
I think he's legit autistic

And Rampage made 428mil

I wish faggotry was a bannable offense for faggots like him.