What turned the happy Fury from Capitain MArvel into the jaded sarcastic deceitful Fury from all other movies...

What turned the happy Fury from Capitain MArvel into the jaded sarcastic deceitful Fury from all other movies? Are there more stories to tell here?

Attached: 66775533.jpg (1300x650, 52K)

Probably unironically 9/11

I buy it. It really did send us all down a path we never really recovered from.

this answer is better than what I expected getting

The thing about Nick Fury is the same thing I felt about one of the reasons Solo sucked: they're the kind of character where their entire arc from their past to present isn't something you just have in one movie.

It's practically a series in of itself.

(but there's a lot of other reasons Solo failed, but for me, personally, that was one: trying to cram too much of 'how Solo got to how we saw him in the Cantina' into too small a span of time)

I'd like to say losing his eye to the cat, because that would be funny, but the real answer is more likely not one single event, but years of experience in a spy agency. As he ascended the ranks of SHIELD, he experienced more and more betrayal, secrets, and tough missions that showed him he needed to toughen up and outwit the other guy at every turn.

Cracker Fury has always had a bit more history.

He's going to be in Black Widow, which is going to be after the events of Captain Marvel (if I remember correctly). Maybe we might see a series of events that leads him to be the way he is now.

life

Idk mane I think they were banking on Solo having sequels, because he still feels a lot less jaded than ANH Han at the end of the movie.

Attached: 1531001756223.png (1250x703, 579K)

> Are there more stories to tell here?
Of course there are. When MCU Wolverine comes who do you think will go on adventures with Logan? Nick Fury that's who.

Millennials used to be called generation Y because they were supposed to be more hopeful than the bitter and angry gen X. The reason we call them millennials now is because calling them the 9/11 generation is too depressing.

Either the stress and rigors of being in command and knowing everything about what goes on behind the curtains that he knows or

>they're the kind of character where their entire arc from their past to present isn't something you just have in one movie.
>It's practically a series in of itself.
I'd love to have a Nick Fury prequel series set some time before Captain Marvel, taking inspiration from various Fury comics, but specifically Steranko's wild and colorful stuff from the late 60's. You could have Samuel L. Jackson narrating it into a recording device similar to in "Fury: My War Gone By", and for the young SHIELD agent Fury in the late 60's or 70's, you could either have a de-aged Sam Jackson (He's said he's be willing to do a Nick Fury show like that) or cast a younger actor for the earlier scenes. Just for the hell of it, you could even have a "Fury Sr." who's a WWII veteran like the comics version involved in some side-role way. I think it would be a great fit for the Disney+ service.

/thread

Attached: 00435431.jpg (500x464, 40K)

I like to think its somehow Johnny Blaze's fault, Fury goes looking for the Darkhold meets Blaze horrible supernatural shit happens

Probably because he had to endure Brie Larson's presence. Enough to send any man over the edge into a never-ending pit of despair and anger.

>LOL LOST EYE TO CAT ISNT CATS SO PRECIOUS AMIRITE LADIES

He's been through a lot user, have some compassion

Attached: 2016%2F01%2F08%2Fc4%2FRoyBatty.47308.jpg (950x534, 62K)

>What turned the happy Fury from Capitain MArvel into the jaded sarcastic deceitful Fury from all other movies?
Working as a government spook.

>spook

Woah cool it with the racism there

Well... shit. Good answer. This thread just got heavy.

The command thing is probably it. He says in Cap. Marvel that he's been riding a desk and they sent him out on something that sounds like a wild goose chase, the man is probably just happy to be doing real cool superhero shit. Decades later he's watching his friend get killed by alien gods and wrangling a drunk in super suit. Not to mention finding out his organization is full of secret Nazi's. Shit would wear you down.

Fucking terrible writing.

Thats fucking how.

Being part of an international intelligence agency is probably a big part of it in general, especially the eventual head of one. He's definitely seen some shit over the decade. SHIELD is the same organization that trained an ailing child into being their personal assassin, and that's most likely not the only shady thing they've done.