MCU SHANG CHI PRE VIS LEAK

*movie is much more effects heavy than you'd think

*Lots of slo-mo/fast motion. Think 300

* "think 70's Kung Fu meets The Matrix

*Hip hop influenced

* movie will "run the gambit" of all the best martial artists in the MCU

*may center around a tournament

* Baron Mordo will be a featured side character

Attached: aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNDIvOTEwL2kwMi8xMTEuanBn.jpg (575x393, 299K)

>may center around a tournament

This is literally all it needs.

>run the gambit
Why do you bother faking this shit without even bothering to learn English?

Good thing I know better than to have hope in Hollywood martial arts movies.

Just put iron fist in it. Not the Netflix one. A new iron fist.

Will Shang Chi be the least popular superhero to get their own movie?

I remember this movie fondly.

Attached: MV5BNjRiNTc2NTAtOGQwOS00ZTZlLTkyYjYtMzcyYzRiMWUzZWU1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzg5MDE1MDk@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,67 (675x1000, 119K)

>We couldn't use Iron Fist so here's Shang Chi
About what happened
How the fuck did this not get a reboot movie by now?

Attached: 4284919-ironfist2014008-abef1.jpg (900x1366, 251K)

Because it had an alright two season web-series.

>hip hop influenced
Por que?

>PRE VIS LEAK
Say what now?

Disney should just forget the netflix movies existed and just recast everyone for the MCU except Wilson Fisk.

>How the fuck did this not get a reboot movie by now?
According to Ed Boon, James Wan will be producing the next MK movie.

Because it's fake.

They unfortunately won't because by doing so it's Disney admitting the Netflix venture was a failure and a mistake

Disney will do what makes them money. Any of these characters could be rebooted, but I wouldn’t expect to hear anything for another 5-10 years.

Bernthal as Punisher is fine.
Cox as Daredevil is fine.
D'Onofrio as Fisk is fine.
Henson as Foggy is fine.
Yung as Elektra is fine.
Glenn as Stick is fine.
Missick as Misty is fine.
Colter as Cage is fine.

Everything else should be scraped though.

You'll see a lot of leaks coming from this meeting.

No real spoilers were shared. Just a lot of buzzwords. Felt like marketing

D'Onofrio sucks as Fisk. He's not the least bit intimidating, and acts like an autistic child

No, I mean, what the fuck does "PRE VIS" mean?

That’s what makes him intimidating. Extreme mood swings in a guy that can easily overpower you is scary.

So basically almost everyone is fine.

Steel?

No, he's fucking not. At no point does it feel like he's The Kingpin of Crime. His speeches are a joke at this point

Was Kingpin supposed to be intimidating? Because over the course of comics, movies, cartoons, and television, I've yet to once find him intimidating.

Oh, and Tennant as the Purple Man is fine.

before the "vis-à-vis". before something to be in front of.

What if he’s played by Robert De Niro?

>BLACK WIDOW

*minimal CG

*huge car chase planned

* Giant setpiece revolving around a Zeppelin

* There will be a couple mechs/robots but they want to go mostly practical. Designs shown were very cool

*No indication Winter Solider would be in the film at all.

* "Sexy and edgy."

* Want action that shows strong women. Less flippy fights, more direct martial arts

Attached: f35da6538d3369e3e99314ecf4a16327.jpg (492x810, 49K)

Green wireframes in gray boxes of important effects scenes in movies. Happen way before filming

>hip hop influence
Cringe

>before "Vis-a-vis"
It means pre-visualization numb-nuts, as in the planning stages of action sequences and special effects

Honestly, I'm checking out of the MCU after Spider-Man Far From Home.

Couldn't give less of a shit about Black Widow, Eternals or Shang Chi.

>*Hip hop influenced
Yeah, because lest we forget that black Americans are the only group on the planet that matter for a second.

They really are scrapping the bottom of the barrel, aren't they? I'm only checking out Dr Strange and Ant Man after Endgame.

See if they really want to entice me, they should greenlight a Moon Knight movie

Attached: Moon Knight.jpg (842x1280, 219K)

>Honestly, I'm checking out of the MCU after [the next movie]
No you're not. You've been saying this for 10 years.

All I can think of is that there was a half decent mini arc in Black Panther years ago that teamed up BP, Shang-Chi and Luke Cage that was trying to be hip-hop in surface style.
Kung Fu / marital arts has been associated or appropriated by hip-hop artists for years, RZA did a film not too long ago that was all that shit.

>Black Widow
>Shang Chi
>Bottom of the barrel
If they're bottom of the barrel, how is Moon Knight not?

Eternals can fuck off unless they come up with something really off the wall, that story has never had legs.

>Yea Forums
>I'm tired of the MCU being all about Tony Stark, why won't they do something new?
>also Yea Forums
>who the fuck cares about these characters? I'm leaving the MCU!

Because more people know Moon Knight than fucking Shang Chi? Because he has a better gimmick to sell than either of those?

In the 70s theaters in black communities couldn't afford Hollywood movies so they aired a bunch of lower budget movies among which Hong Kong movies. Kung Fu movies had a huge success and influence in black American communities (which is why Kareem Abdul-Jabbar appears in Game of Death, or why yur Wu Tang Clan chose that name) and since then they've been closely associated in American media. A movie that's basically a modern American Bruceploitation featuring hip-hop is basically a given.

If Shang-Chi was established first we could have avoided all the race bullshit with Iron Fist

I hope this retcons that and everything Netflix from existence, maybe keep some actors but soft reboot them

That's why the F4 and X-Men will extend the MCU lifespan another decade.

I haven't though. I'm a fan of the franchise but the new characters that are set to take over post-Endgame just don't do it for me.

I'm x-men'd out to be fair.

I'm interested in a (good) Fantastic Four movie though. But that doesn't mean I'm going to go see every MCU movie between now and then like I have been doing for the last 10 years.

They're not really fans.

>Because more people know Moon Knight than fucking Shang Chi?
>implying literally anyone in the public knows either of them
They are as little-known to the average moviegoer as Guardians of the Galaxy were. Neither one has any sort of name recognition with the public.

>feature Shang Chi solo movie
...why?

Attached: uncomfortable_kirb.png (128x110, 22K)

>the actual martial arts movie is the one with the gender that's not as good at martial arts
I know this is probably bullshit but I could see that happening

They won't do Daredevil or Elektra because it would have to be too violent for the MCU to please comics fans. Same thing with why we'll never again get a Blade sequel, prequel, or spin off

>Colter as Cage is fine
He's a mediocre actor and completely devoid of charisma.

Just explain that she got a super soldier serum while in Russia and you’re golden.

>Gamora stabs people all the time
>Rocket wields machine guns
>so does Bucky and Falcon
>Iron Man and War Machine blow people up
>Widow and Hawkeye shoot people too
Yeah, Daredevil is obviously wayyyyyy too violent

Much like Cage. So he's fine.

>Please critique my fan fiction

>Hip hop influenced
in to the trash it goes

You're still using lesser stuntpeople to hide actresses who can't fight for shit. If there's one thing that gave me a little hope in Shang Chi it's that some Asian actors actually can do their own stunts competently enough to allow the director and editor to do something other than hide the stunt performers.

>run the gambit
It's 'gamut'.
If you don't know a word you should probably google its definition before you start using it.

Or it's just a typo

>use a word wrong in a common way
>typo
No, OP clearly doesn't know what the phrase is.

The Chinese market. Duh.

Attached: 752.jpg (700x420, 39K)

I thought it already came out that Shang-Chi's director has no idea how to do martial arts scenes so it's just going to be standard Marvel Action Scenes, as in BP and CM action.

>Eternals
I'm still confused by this decision.

Allegedly feige really likes them.

Bad taste. Where’s the midnight sons.

You'll notice I used the past tense.

a big budget tournament kung fu movie would be crazy

>danny rand enters and gets knocked out in the first rounds

Budget isn't what makes a martial arts movie good.

>March 2019
>Still believing the Eternals will come out
>implying it isn't a shell movie to allow Marvel to enter Pre-Production for an X-Men film without alerting Fox executives and the press during the merger

It's an ensemble cast with a large budget that will have to be a tentpole going forward.

>March 2019
>Still doubting if an MCU movie will come out

This
Also why would mordo be in a kung fu movie?

>Bernthal as Punisher is fine.
>Yung as Elektra is fine.
Wrong

I'm down for a Wutang, Kendrick Lamar, Asian Rap soundtrack considering how good BP's was.

no that would still be the Gaurdians of the galaxy, they where never popular before the movie
Shang Shi was insanely popular in the 70's atleast

Attached: 9k=.jpg (180x279, 29K)

because Hip Hop is kung fu influenced

Attached: Wrath Of The Math.jpg (953x953, 164K)

>Bernthal as Punisher is fine.
fuck no
get someone actually intimidating that doesnt have to grunt like a caveman

Attached: no-country-for-old-men-5-1535387602.jpg (1600x900, 279K)

>midnight sons
Now that’s even shittier than the eternals

>why won't they do something new with characters that the people care about instead of literally whos?
fxd

Fake shit aside Asian Americans are certainly talentless and uninspired

Why don't they make a new Japanese American hero. He'd be able to do anything and get popular. That spider loli proves that

>Why don't they make a new Japanese American hero.
they want China, Japan has Sunfire, Jubilee, Armor, Psylocke somehow ....

Well, they could use Strange, Scarlet Witch, Blade, Johnny Blaze, Man-Thing, Punisher, Magik .....

I understand Kingpin is strong but why doesn't Spiderman or Daredevil break his legs or arms when fighting. That should not be too hard, especially for Spidey.

Bardem is too good for capeshit or main roles for Disney, he could be a Villain or secondary character in one or two movies, it's just like to want Daniel Day-Lewis as Magneto

and thats the fucking problem with the Punisher
they keep trying to turn him into capeshit, even Netflix is guilty of this
if they did a straight up adaptation of MAX then Bardem would sign up

Punisher has always been capeshit with guns. MAX is the same formula but with more violence and swears. Frankfags are desperate to pretend it's something else, but it's not

>if they did a straight up adaptation of MAX
the problem is the kind of contracts that Diney do, I don't see big names signing to make 7 movies the next 10-12 years for Feige, look at the lv of the main actors, the biggest actrors before join the MCU are Cumberbatch and Norton ...

>Aiming for chink market
>Lead and most of the cast are most likely going to be asian american

Attached: nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg (800x450, 24K)

they could use Donnie Yen and Sammo Hung but most of the cast will come from Crazy Rich Asians

>Missick as Misty is fine.
Well I enjoyed her big black titties, so I guess she is fine

OP's obvious bullshit aside

Friendly reminder that we live in a world where Based Marvel is going to make Shag-Chi a billion dollar household name and DC will have trouble getting people to watch a Batman movie

Attached: 1544933223803.jpg (1416x1600, 170K)

>Actually wanting a Moon Knight movie
user, he's a character that thrives on being niche and having quality over quantity of volumes. The last run was bad enough and did a shit ton of damage to the character, imagine how ruined he'd be with a movie.

>Quality over quantity
Not that user but that's mainly because he's had runs so awful or off-putting that he didn't appear for years on his own. Apart from taking off some guy's face, no one talks about the runs between Vol 1 and Bendis (and they don't talk about the latter positively all that much) because they kinda suck. He doesn't thrive on being niche so much as the general quality of all but maybe Moench, 2011-run, and to some Bendis are the only genuinely good ones. Daredevil has a similar problem but overall more good runs.
I have the 2011 MK (all 3 tpbs) and the three Epic Collections btw.

>why won't they do something new with characters that the people care about instead of literally whos?
Like who?
They've made movies about literally EVERY character the public knows about. Any other marvel character is a literal who to 99% of the moviegoing public..

>Like who?
the problem is that half of the characters left that they had that could have a movie has been sold to Netflix to do tv series or are too dark to fit in the MCU quipshow > Blade, Ghost Rider, Man-Thing, Punisher, Daredevil, Heroes for Hire ....

They could still make movies about some of these characters, it just won’t be for a while. I’m almost expecting the villain in Dr. Strange 2 will be Mephisto. Then they could introduce Ghost rider and later do a ghost rider movie.

He has more comics to his name than Ant-Man or DnA Guardians, with enough material to fill up five omnibuses.
The better question is why they aren't hiring someone who's directed martial arts movies.

>* "think 70's Kung Fu meets The Matrix
>*Hip hop influenced
>* movie will "run the gambit" of all the best martial artists in the MCU
>*may center around a tournament
Shang Chi will be blaxploitation and im here for it

>best martial artists

Uh... Iron Fist... the other immortal weapons... who else?

>The better question is why they aren't hiring someone who's directed martial arts movies.
Reminder that comedy TV directors have directed 3 of the best MCU movies to date.
The guy who made Elf also made the best (and to be fair, one of the worst) MCU movie.

Resumé isn't everything.

Taskmaster could be there. Daredevil can fight but he would never go to a tournament. Elektra maybe? Stick?

im still pissed we never got the tournament in iron fist

>Hip hop influence

So no other minorty group is allowed to have their own thing without the blacks whining what about me?

The villain of strange 2 is more or less confirmed to be Nightmare

Everything about this is what I wanted an Iron Fist movie to be like. Damn.

Cry some more, white man.

That’s lame. I was hoping for at least a shuma gorath or something.

>"run the gambit"
These fake leaks are a diamond dozen.

Resume is pretty important when martial art action was the main appeal of Shang-Chi's book, and if the movie's going to have a dull, generic choreography I can't see any reason why I wouldn't just stay home and rewatch The Raid Redemption.

kung-fu isnt so cool. im sure no asians find it so cool. nobody cares about it irl anymore.

its still somewhat cool as a character, like those in fighting games, but kung fu isnt in mainstream. its really the 70s or 80s stuff with lee or jackie chan stuff. know this is fake but it will fail anyway

>Shuma in the second movie
>when he isn’t even sorcerer supreme yet
Nah Nightmare + Mordo is a perfect fit. Save Shuma for last

>shang chi is getting a movie
>x-men are joining the mcu
>my dream of seeing wolverine/shang-chi together just got a little bit closer
im happy

MMMAGA

Netflix is non canon. When the 2 year hold is done Disney will recast all the MCU Netflix shows and start frm scratch .

So what Asian superheroes do we have, both Marvel and DC? I know about Shang Chi, half of Psylocke, and Jubilee, but I’m drawing blanks

You fool, we need to bribe people to take hits for real, that takes money. We need need these people to destroy the vessels of their very soul on film for our entertainment (properly awarded of course)

ROME LIVES

>Fear Factory in the soundtrack
Bumped the movie from a 6/10 to an 8 right there.

>all of that
man, this mostly sounds like shit, but at least he's getting something serious for once.

They could get Kung Fury bucks if they made it like a 1970's film.

>PRE VIS
No writer yet, retard.