What led to the MCU becoming so popular?

What led to the MCU becoming so popular?

Attached: 1552746834909.png (1158x436, 346K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/videos/2019/01/12/samuel-l-jackson-responds-to-ign-comments
youtube.com/watch?v=3sIYe74sczE
youtube.com/watch?v=JNHrfVWsO8M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Normies getting involved in a "niche" market.

They started it at the perfect time, the unique formula they have created, first ever franchise with movies that have a shared universe unless HP counts

Basically this, I remember that in 2011 I said to my friends "let's watch Avengers next year, it will make more than Avatar" and they said something like "we don't watch those movies for children", of course I was wrong with the Avatar thing lol but since the first Avengers my friends became fans of the MCU, fucking normies.

>lol

Attached: 1523159002859.jpg (1218x814, 206K)

New people getting into a medium isn't a bad thing, when they start acting like entitled cunts saying they where always fans and shit is when it's shite

Avengers is a turning point. That film blew the fuck up.

RDJ's charisma and Iron Man being succesful, it opened the doors and the idea of a shared universe and developing stories plus overhyping machine made people get invested more and more. Also the biggest superhero crossover in Avengers.

It's a combination of all of that plus some good casting here and there, plus Marvel Studios being a fairly young movie Studio which means there aren't a lot of politics and petty jealousy shit involved.

Now I'm wondering how long they're going to sustain it or when one of the Exces is going to ruin it by fucking over Feige, or Feige wanting to leave for X reason, or them hiring an actor/actress who throws a bitchfit and makes a scandal thus ruining it for everyone.

Building hype for /ourgirl/ Carol's inevitable appearance.

Attached: D134TPnUYAEA_VZ.jpg large.jpg (900x900, 91K)

hahahahahahahahhahaahhahahahaha

People like mindless popcorn munching flicks
Marvel provides this but a heavily simplistic and predictable plot so people feel they are “following” something bigger, that’s it’s a “event”
Kind of like if disaster flicks made a universe

Totally lit the world on fire, and pretty much every MCU movie after, even the lower tier ones like Thor the Dark World and Ant-Man are generally well recieved and make money.

>/ourgirl/
Don't lump me in with you, you utter degenerate

Comic carol was garbage even when the MCU started, she was just hot so no one cared

Attached: 1534089241866.jpg (713x1120, 167K)

she's a goddess

>when they start acting like entitled cunts saying they where always fans and shit is when it's shite
It gets more annoying to me when they turn it into a cult and it's all they fucking do and they worship it till the point of company wars posting and to the point it's all they talk about.

There's a stupid IGN video with SLJ reading IGN comments and questions and getting fed up that he's getting a bunch of low effort and badly written shit and most of them seem to be Avengers related.

>ign.com/videos/2019/01/12/samuel-l-jackson-responds-to-ign-comments

Around 2:34 he gets fed up and says "You have to get pass the Avengers and Marvel shit at some point OK? Other fucking people make movies. OK some of the superheroes they make aren't as good but [Glass] is not that shit, this is not that!"

SLJ is starting to get tired.

youtube.com/watch?v=3sIYe74sczE
The poor sod

Consistency

Fun cast
youtube.com/watch?v=JNHrfVWsO8M

what caused this? Every studio want to know and replicate it

why can't others replicate it?

It made people happy.

I have no answer but spectacular incompetence, impatience and shortsightedness, plus Feige has the luck of the Irish

>youtube views = fame
Avengers 1 box office if adjusted by inflation is nearly the same to Avengers 3

Has a relatively wider range than most blockbuster franchises. Aliens is always going to be about Aliens...and if it isn't people don't seem to like it. Marvel has World War II superheroes mixed with space operas, etc.

Aquaman made over 1 billion, this is because of the shared universe thing, unless of course you believe that Aquaman is more popular than the X-men or Spider-Man.

That was because it was much better than Snyder's offerings.

The new generation won't remember him for Pulp Fiction, Unbreakable, A Time to Kill, The Negotiator even friggin Star Wars or shitty Snakes on a Plane.

No he will be Nick "Got his eye screatched out by Goose" Fury whether he likes it or not.

Some of it had to do with the fact that it was plotted from the beginning to be a slow burn. The first Iron Man movie was legitimately good, but it was also a tease that something more could be coming, something unprecedented. Then, when the first Avengers movie happened, the cat was out of the bag and everything changed. From that point, every movie would succeed to some degree, even if it was individually mediocre, because it was part of a larger whole, and that was something audiences had never seen before.

The MCU is the first of its kind, and it's precisely because it has been so carefully and methodically built that it hasn't been successfully replicated. Suits see the crazy money that everything connected with the MCU makes and they want it NOW, or within a couple of years at the longest. None of them seem to have the foresight to understand that big returns require big investments- or that the word "investments" can apply to something nebulous like "time", instead of "throw money at it and hope we instantly make Avengers money" solutions like casting A-list actors/directors and huge marketing budgets, for that matter.

Attached: iron-man-1-robert-downey-jr.jpg (1400x888, 166K)

Iron Man was the perfect character for them to start with. He's everything normies love from their capeshit: dashing anti-heroes, cool gadgets, not too super or "unrealistic", a modern/gritty context to frame the narrative against. If they had started off with Thor, Hulk or Cap, I doubt the MCU would have gotten the kickstart it needed to launch. The modernity and "Batmanesque" qualities of the character made him a smash hit among normies who wanted something new but not too new, and hiring RDJ wasn't a bad idea either.

Attached: Iron_Man_Armor_MK_XLVI_(Earth-199999)_001.png (651x1222, 544K)