Why did the MCU decide to completely ruin Planet Hulk and close the door on giving a proper adaptation to the best Hulk...

Why did the MCU decide to completely ruin Planet Hulk and close the door on giving a proper adaptation to the best Hulk story of all time?

Attached: planet hulk ruined.png (1012x569, 476K)

The MCU isn't all that crazy on Hulk. Notice how we never got a second Hulk solo movie. And he's going to retire with the rest of the phase 1 cast after Endgame.

It was either do an extended reference to Planet Hulk or do nothing with it at all.

Universal Pictures owns Hulk distribution rights and they don't want to play ball with Marvel Studios
It's the real reason we never got a second Hulk movie, too

It's this. It's the reason why Hulk hasn't had a solo since Norton, because there's no money to be made in it.

They literally aren't allowed to.

Because they don’t care.

Hulk's a men's rights incel school shooter role model, a Dr Jeckel & Mr Hyde Frankenstein 's Monster mashup filtered through the atomic age scientists vs military post Beatnik era. We'll get a Hulk movie when an audience can be shown a man rage against his own will and still be considered the good guy. In today's society you're expected to die of ulcers and heart attack before ever expressing your feeling against society betraying you. Unless the media has a narrative.

Disney doesn’t want to share money with Universal

Attached: unbaitable.jpg (401x469, 32K)

Pretty sure it's the other way around. Why is Disney playing ball with Sony if that's the case?

What? Ragnarok was easily the best Thor movie.

>I've only read one Hulk comic.

Universal is too Chad to sell the rights to Disney, unlike the pathetic bitches over at Fox.

Hulk is never getting a solo movie, get over it

He's had two already. Three if you count the made for TV movie. Superhero movies outside the MCU bubble do still exist.

This thread is obviously talking about solo films in the context of the MCU though.

Well he's had one, then.

The Incredible Hulk (2008) was made by Marvel Studios though.

Planet Hulk was never going to happen. This was closer than anyone back in 2008 or even 2012 could have thought we’d get to a PH adaptation. Stop complaining.

yeah, i was hoping for a planet hulk movie but i was certain that it wouldnt come close to the level of edgy grimdark that planet hulk was. I was ok with a simple nod, disney wasnt gonna touch shit like hulk's dying pregnant wife and iron man indirectly causing a planetary culling

I'm right tho

Marvel Studios was just a division of the independent Marvel, and in partnership with Universal to distribute the movie. I belive Universal still has the distribution rights to any HuLk movie Marvel Studios would make under Disney.

Universal only has distribution rights to Solo Hulk movies. So Hulk can still appear in Avengers films. Sony however has the rights to Spidey in film form. So to get Spidey in the MCU, they cut a deal with Sony to help them from fucking up the Spiderman franchise. Clearly Sony still has control since they are keeping the rights by making Venom and Morbius as Spiderman movies. So Disney gets is Spiderman dividends from the Avengers movies, while Universal would just get money for Disneys investment and creation of a Hulk movie.

Because Spider-Man is one of the most famous and popular superheroes of all-time, and The Hulk isn't?

Hulk isn't Spider-man level famous but he's just under it.

You're right that an original movie could never get by on those ideas today but Hulk has enough brand power to be made, its just Universal isn't giving Disney any room for it

That whole movie was "remember comic reference? You nerds eat that shit up right? Now back to your regular scheduled quipping." Just look at the atrocity that was their version of He Stood Alone At Gjallerbru.

>but he's just under it
The Hulk is so far below he barely registers as a blip on Spider-Man's radar. Spider-Man has some of the most successful films in box-office history under its belt, The Hulk has a show from the seventies and two movies, one a bomb and the other just barely scraping past Marvel's expectations performance-wise. It's not really a contest.

It was the most successful Thor film to date among the general public and critics.

It kinda hurt seeing that new Avengers trailer with flashbacks of Phase 1 Origin movies but with Hulk excluded.

>Planet Hulk
>the best Hulk story of all time

Moviecasual pls leave

Attached: 1433982708330.jpg (902x698, 169K)

Up until the ending where someone remembered they have to get him back to earth, it's an awesome story.
Though I haven't read any marvel comics in over 10 years now, and the only other big hulk stories I remember off hand are future imperfect and the end.

It's just an average sword and titties story with a green coat of paint. I don't even consider it a hulk story

A movie that portrayed Bruce Banner as an Omega Wolf butt of jokes incel could totally make it. There hasn't been a chance get but in a couple of years that could change.

I wonder why gunn decided to use the the red ant faced species from planet hulk as ronan's minions. That was them in all black and getting arrowed by yondu.

Why not just use more kree?

Yup. The Hulk's subplots through Endgane are the result of Norton asking Feige, what are the Hulk stories you WOULD do if you could?

>Moviecasual
Why do people like you call fans of famous comic book storylines that have either been misrepresented in film or not represented at all in film, "moviecausals?" If anything, I am a superhero COMIC casual, and proud of it because 90% of capeshit is absolute fucking garbage.

Attached: new xmen morrison.jpg (400x472, 71K)

You should probably stop using Yea Forums's meme name for cape movies if you want people to believe you.

>and close the door on giving a proper adaptation to the best Hulk story of all time?

But user, they didn't close the door to adapting The Immortal Hulk.

No one wants an Ultimates adaptation.

Speak for yourself. I love early-days Ultimate Marvel. All the Transhumanism and 2000s Sci-Fi stuff are Top Tier.

No one wants an Ultimates adaptation.

>So Disney gets is Spiderman dividends from the Avengers movies

I recall Disney gets merchandising profits, while Sony keeps theater and home video. Merchandising is far more significant than a dividend.