Anyone else hate both sides of comicsgate?

Anyone else hate both sides of comicsgate?

I've been avoiding going down this rabbit hole for a while now, but I finally fell down today. Idk who to side with. On one hand, it seems like the right is insisting that comics shouldn't have political messages which is bullshit because comics like Watchmen discussed some political ideas and nobody gets pissed off about that. On the other hand though, America Chavez definetly does suck ass.

The thing that really pisses me off is that people lump Ms. Marvel in with the shitty comics like America Chavez because its about a brown muslim girl but its legitimately well written comic. I'm not going to say anything about G. Willow Wilson or anything because she does kinda seem like she's muslim just to stand out but dammit she's still a good writer.

I just hate you kinda have to pick a side in this situation, and the sides seem to either be an asshole who believes that it's cool to tweet stupid shit like "unnnnnnnnngh can't believe they made Thor a girrlllllllllllllllllll unghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and what's up with all these brown character's like I elected trump to get this shit out of here unnnnnnnnnnngh" or a fucking idiot who wants to tweet shit like "oh my god I'm so opressed because people don't like my shittily written garbage books and it's definetly because my characters are gay and brown and not because I don't know how to get past those two character traits when I write anything unghhhhhhh"

Why isn't there an inbetween? Why can't we just cancel America Chavez, let REAL politcal discussions exist in comics, have assholic idiots like Comics & Diversity shut up already, get along with each other, and just fucking have fun reading comics with each other again?

Attached: 2djrcs.jpg (642x482, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N3a0D-Xello&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=sjobevGAYHQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I still don't know what comicsgate is.

avoid it like a taco bell bathroom. All it's gonna do is piss you off.

It's not the politics, it's the identity politics

but still dude, I think it can be handled well. It's just mostly not being handled well.

This is correct. The problem with comics isn't politics or identity politics or whatever. The problem is that a bunch of fucking comics aren't written that well. You could get rid of politics in comics tomorrow and the badly-written comics will still be badly-written comics.

It's also a social media deal. Pre-internet, large-scale slap fights like this weren't really possible. It's just something we have to learn to live with in the digital age.

You wouldn't get twitter wars or whatever over a simple, dumbly written comic. You need that political element for a real shit party.

You don't know for sure about this because it's like said. Slap fights in the 00's required people to go to different message boards to see drama. Twitter has all the drama contained there.

I have mixed feelings about /yaboi/ zack. I’ve grown to like him since I first found him only for his personality cause I’m an sjw AND a fag. Sometimes the things he says are yikes sometimes he actually makes me laugh and sometimes I just don’t fucking understand the things he’s reminiscing about when he goes off topic for 5 mins so I just stop watching the video.

anything with a -gate is good to not get involved in

there's two things I know for certain right now
A) the right is right
B) the left controls all this controversy shit and intentionally manipulates it all so people are "fighting" but in reality they're just playing a shitty carnival game and the house always wins.
just don't play the game. stay the shit out of it.

are you implying Diversity and Comics is a liberal pawn who exists simply to create conflict for news outlets?

Why am I starting to believe this?

I need to log off. This shit is turning me into Dale Gribble.

I feel like part of this can be blamed on how a lot of sites work, where purposefully inflammatory shit will get boosted to the top until the whole thing becomes two sides of retards screeching at one another.

How is the right right on comicsgate? They claim people are getting blacklisted but everyone they list is not blacklisted and their poster child EVS literally said he left DC on good terms and wants to build his own creator owned work instead.

It's fucking consumerism man. These "journalists" would fucking start a third world war if it got people to look at ads on their articles.

yeah but there are still gays and brownies in comics so...

It's the right who dictates the controversy media circus. All the major media outlets are owned by rich conservatives like Rupert Murdoch and Jeff Bozos

I'm straight up convinced these people don't even have political beliefs; they'll just say anything that will create controversy, division, and profits

Attached: 1548985654655[1].jpg (238x183, 33K)

That one's a bit implausible, just because of how the comics establishment reacted to him. The hate and anger, the panic that he could be affecting sales. Getting Stan Lee up off his deathbed to recite a speech against Comicsgate isn't how they'd react to controlled opposition.

my biggest gripe with
>sjw comics
is that theyre poorly written and the artwork is shit, if it was about straight white males i still wouldnt like it if its poorly written. having minority characters is perfectly fine, as long as the art work is fine.

out of curioslity, do you like Adrian Alphona's work on Ms Marvel?

Got a heated argument that can be deflected into a social rights issue? You got yourself a *gate.

he had a good video where he compared a modern black widow(?) comic to a chris claremont xmen book and the difference in the writing and the art work was literally night and day, how marvel is getting away with selling absolute shit is beyond me.

havent read it. i dropped marvel books after the 4th issue of deconnicks cap marvel.

>people rightfully complain about new OC characters getting multiple chances at solo titles that fan favorite characters have not gotten
>Comic company (mainly Marvel, let's be real) deflects the criticism as bigotry
>fans hold their ground and keep criticizing
>right wing opportunists make videos highlighting how EVIL SJWs have TAKEN OVER YOUR FAVORITE CHILDHOOD PROPERTY
>casuals flood the argument
>real fan voices are silenced on both sides
>issue is now a proxy war for MUH SJWs vs MUH RIGHTIES

Attached: pepe tired.jpg (640x628, 40K)

>where he compared a modern black widow(?) comic to a chris claremont xmen book
Why would you do this though?

based dubs

pro CG passively annoy me, generally harmless, just annoying and normie as fuck

antis are exclusively people I already actually hated. They're obnoxious assholes and there's literally no reason for me to support them in any capacity. They're such pieces of shit I almost want to put up with the pro CG normies just to fuck with them actively.

help me out here, are the pros the right or left?

I wish this wasn't a thing at all.

As far as Marvel and DC are concerned, why can't we just have fun comics with weird stories and characters again instead of them trying to appeal to activists on either side?

Attached: 1526435629628.gif (476x356, 1.47M)

You have to look for them yourself. These stories DO exist and there's tons of them out there. Take a look through some indie lists or from smaller publishers. They didn't disappear it's just they're buried under alot of dirt. When you find that comic that fits everything you wanted you'll feel happy.

Trust me it's out there.

The narrative is that Pro-CG leans right and Anti leans left.

youtube.com/watch?v=N3a0D-Xello&feature=youtu.be

Is YellowFlash the worst of the CGers on YT?

Last time I check, the CGers on YT are now focusing their rally cry on Vic Mignogna and are trying to promote AnimeGate.

>I just hate you kinda have to pick a side in this situation

...Do you, though? Can't you just enjoy good comics and ignore bad ones?

Faggot. People dont trust your kind of right wing tard because recent event prooved that any time things dont go exactly your way, you end up rushing into places of worship to gun down 3 years old kids "ironically" . nobody have to listen the arguments of terrorists-to-be

Attached: Bait.png (625x626, 65K)

DUBS
DON'T
LIE

Not that user, but I thought that same thing about a decade ago. This decade proved to me I was wrong to think that would solve everything.

I never paid much attention to Comicgate, but wasn't it just a label that right-wing artists used when crowdfunding their comics?

I had to Google this.
youtube.com/watch?v=sjobevGAYHQ
>hurr durr Marvel comics are for everyone
I thought this was about hamfisted left-wing messaging in comics that demonize rightwingers, and about blacklisting rightwingers from the industry. I stopped reading Marvel entirely after Nick Spencer made Red Skull into Donald Trump and had him say a bunch of things that I agreed with.

Yes, the whole thing is retarded, and anyone that's associated with it is an embarrassment.

>The thing that really pisses me off is that people lump Ms. Marvel in with the shitty comics like America Chavez because its about a brown muslim girl but its legitimately well written comic.

Based af.

A bunch of idiots insisting that increasing minority presence in comics is a conspiracy. I'd go even further than op and state that there's no "gate" and the whole thing is a bunch of idiots projecting

you can't win

comics have and always WILL be propaganda

Attached: 1552898087866.jpg (640x640, 181K)

I don't think comics are even capable of handling politics desu. Watchmen only worked because people already agreed with the message of the comic. The Donald trump thing was clever but what Donald trump supporter is honestly going to see the comparison between red skull and Donald? They'll just think it's hamfisted.

Books are better suited for politics.

>I'd go even further than op and state that there's no "gate" and the whole thing is a bunch of idiots projecting
its almost like you're too smart for this place