THIS WASN'T PART OF THE BARGAIN, XENU! GIVE ME BACK MY YOUTH!

THIS WASN'T PART OF THE BARGAIN, XENU! GIVE ME BACK MY YOUTH!

Attached: Neil Gaiman.jpg (727x1092, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ZSXlNRRoGU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

aaaaayyyyyyy lmao

He can't look like Morpheus forever, he's not Keanu Reeves. Now he's turning into Alan Moore sans badger hobo beard and hair.

apparently Good Omens really took it out of him

Anyone still watching American Gods?
I was concerned with the change in director and the loss of some actresses, but the new season is different but in a good way.

I was worried about the loss of Media. But hell, they've already changed so much from the original book (see Technological Boy) and it's worked well.

Couldn't even make it half way through season one, too much forced SJW nonsense.

I just can't cope with the drop in visual quality but I'm a bigger Fuller fan than Gaiman so it's not surprising.

I'm sure he's deliberately trying to look crazy for funzies.

Quick! Write another contrived novel that spends three quarters of the book stewing in pointless schmaltz.

They're handling Media's change pretty well (especially in tonight's ep) Technological Boy saying that she was hiding behind old faces like Bowie, Monroe and Lucy and scared after seeing what Wednesday, Ēostre and the Old Gods can do. (Media is an influencer, but the Old Gods can be more direct). I don't like how they handled Ēostre, but, if they get to the final battle, they'll probably write off a recasting as "The drought she created caused a growing in her believers and she changed her appearance", something like Media.
I mean, Technological Boy was an episode one change, so if you made it past that, you're kind of saying you're okay with changing it a bit. Also, I understanding the change. They had to show the New Gods as a threat to grab viewers and make them watch next week's episode.
Eh, if it's not the focus or an integral part of the story, I can put that stuff out of my mind. Season 2 has had some of that already, so you're probably better off just reading the book/comics.

>Good Omens

This show really looks like everything I don't like about Gaiman's writing. Maybe the trailer is misleading but it just looks like pure unfiltered post-Sherlock BBC-core down to the casting, quippy dialogue, twerpy characters, costumes, design work and epin understated dry polite Britshness.

>quippy dialogue
>understated dry polite Britshness
I mean, that's Good Omens

I liked season one but the ending with the big huge epic god display of epic power and epic world changing events turned me off. I liked gods in the background of everyday life and roadtrip nature of the story not what they clearly want to take the show toward.

TBF, it was just a small amount of that, they already wrote it off as no big deal (in terms of national/global impact) and we're eventually going to get there with the war, a taste of that is telling audiences "If you watch the series,you'll be rewarded with more of this and you might like what's between now and then." They're already doing the background/roadtrip stuff for Season 2.

>"If you watch the series,you'll be rewarded with more of this
That's the thing, I don't want more of that. And I realize it'll get more and more up to the war. In the book even the war took place mostly off screen with the reader mostly just getting a description of who all showed up while focusing on what Shadow was doing.
Basically I read the writing on the wall and saw they're going to go in a direction I don't care for and bailed before I became invested and it happened.

>I don't want more of that
I feel like they had the showcases of power just to be attention-grabbers and holders (for in between seasons) At this point, it's hard to tell if we'll get to see the war prominently or not. They've already shown they're willing to shake things up from the source material, true, but I feel the ending and the revelations are the story's big payoff, not the war itself.

>I feel the ending and the revelations are the story's big payoff, not the war itself.
I agree, but I am not confident the people making the show understand that. Maybe when the series is complete and all is done, we'll see and if things were done right I'll check it out. But for now I won't be following as it airs like I did with season one.

I guess since
I wasn't familiar with the book
Saw Season 1
Read the book because I was getting impatient waiting for Season 2
Still watching Season 2
My opinion is a bit more forgiving, but, yeah it was the concept of "Gods are real, are still being created today, they can die from a lack of faith and one Old God wants to rally the troops to bring the glory days of worship back" that grabbed me.

A bargain?? That wasn't part of the bargain!

Attached: tigtone yelling.jpg (640x640, 57K)

this isn't Yea Forums faggot

Nice meme

Is he still banging goth girls?

>Xenu
I don't think Gaiman is a Scientologist. He just doesn't say anything about it because he still has family in the church and if you say anything bad about it, they don't let you speak with them any more. It surely sucks for him to be stuck like that.
Plus Xenu is more like their devil than a god in LRH's sci-fi mythology.

>Are he and hjs wife still banging goth girls?
ftfy

Wait, they actually adapted Good Omens?

I enjoyed Coraline and Neverwhere. But I find Gaimen rather overrated. I know he did the modern day hip gods thing early on, but its honestly an idea I hate and I think diminishes the grandeur deities should have. I dont think he's a bad writer but I just don't see the greatness everyone else seems to with him.

Read Sandman

you are correct

you can't ride your fame forever of one thing, otherwise you become a one-hit wonder. and that's what gaiman is, the dude who wrote one good series and that's it

Wouldn’t be surprised desu

>I know he did the modern day hip gods thing early on, but its honestly an idea I hate and I think diminishes the grandeur deities should have
I find it really gimmicky and silly.
people murder and do terrible shit for their gods, which are just fantasy concepts. globalisation and technology and social media are not something that require suspension of disbelief, as present as they are in everybody's life, they're just there.
now gaiman uses these 3 gods because it sounds clever to your normal person (wow people really do idolize social media nowadays huh that's so deep).

the idea that people "believe in" and idolize iPhones and Instagram the same way they did Odin and Horus when they sacrificed people and built temples and considered them something above all earthly things is just retarded.

Sandman isn’t even his one thing. It’s American gods

never liked that one

Yeah but tons of people did

As far as I’m concerned Sandman is his magnum opus and some of the best stuff I read

yeah, but that's the point, sandman is universally loved, the rest of gaiman's work is mostly ignored.

>the rest of gaiman's work is mostly ignored
american gods is a best seller with 4.something stars on goodreads with hundreds of thousands of votes

IN CASE YOU CAN'T READ, I'M SAYING THAT THE REST OF HIS WORKS ARE IGNORED
your something somethingreads means shit
Gaiman is the "Sandman's guy" and literally nothing else

Read a book nigga

I refuse to read a book, cracka

When you go out of Yea Forums, sandman isn’t that well known compared to american gods, Caroline, Graveyard Book, good omens and even Norse gods

never heard of these, so maybe you have a point, OR MAYBE YOU DON'T. and it's better to be legendary-tier on Yea Forums, then mediocre-tier outside of it, because I doubt he is being mentioned among the actual popular writers, like, hmmmm.... Stephen King, or.... eh... hm... Graham Masterton, yup

*than (in case some grammar nazi attacks me)

>"Gaiman is, simply, put, a treasure-house of story, and we are lucky to have him." - Stephen King

>"A writer of rare perception and endless imagination." - William Gibson

>"Neil Gaiman is a star. He constructs stories like some demented cook might make a demented wedding cake, building layer upon layer, ncluding all kinds of sweet and sour into the mix." - Clive Barker

Gaiman is an extremely successful author who is immensely respected by his peers. Just because you clearly have never read his books it does not mean he is in any way considerd a mediocre author by the public. If you said he was a one hit wonder in the comics world, you would have had more of a point, but you'd still be wrong since Black Orchid and Books of Magic are great.

Your ignorance doesn’t prove anything bruv

Let's ask Yea Forums then

The rest of Gaiman's output is mainly novels, and they've almost all been award winning bestsellers m8. That's not really ignored.

>literally the first answer
and again, Yea Forums proves to be the dumbest board on the internet

if you are a good writer, you don't need to be recommended by an actual good writer

cont. also, both King and Barker are fans of comics and did some themselves

My ignorance actually proves my point in that case

another Yea Forums response
>Which of his literary works do I like best? That's like asking which disease do I like best? Much like stage IV pancreatic cancer, I would not want to suffer through reading say American Gods. Except diseases of themselves may be interesting, a subject for further studies, unlike his books, whose only utility lies in their combustibility. Pages ablaze. Burn every last one.

That's all well and good, but wasn't your point that his non-Sandman works were IGNORED, not that they were bad? Other people have been telling you his other works were in fact very popular, not that they were good.

They are ignored. Literally the first thing that people think of Gaiman, is Sandman. The second reply even specifically mentions to ignore his novel works. And no, if you need Stephen King to praise your works, that you probably are not popular. Basically you make a point, backpedal, and try to spin it in your favor

>I'm not backpedalling, YOU'RE backpedalling
At least fucking admit you used the wrong words m8. If what you actually meant is that you didn't like any of Gaiman's other stuff, just say so.
>Literally the first thing that people think of Gaiman, is Sandman.
In comics circles, sure. But not among the general public. Most of his books have been adapted to film and TV, and they're what most people will know him for. You're telling me you think more people have heard of Sandman than Coraline, or American Gods?

The post was on Yea Forums, not Yea Forums. And yes, I think that more people heard of Sandman than coraline (never heard of it, I doubt my mom, dad, or friends ever heard of it). American gods might be more well-known, though

No, just mean you're a booklet who doesn't read.

Kek, there is obtuse, and there is you. But sure, have a "win"

He just looks like a Alan Moore Michael Rosen fusion

>coraline
>never heard of it
You're pretty new around these parts, aren't you?

No, just never heard of it. There are many things that you never heard of, but I'm not being a dick about it

THAT WASN'T PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

>the idea that people "believe in" and idolize iPhones and Instagram the same way they did Odin and Horus when they sacrificed people and built temples and considered them something above all earthly things is just retarded.

It's not retarded, the form of worship is just different. We worship TV and social media the same way we once worshiped deities. Only now instead of blood sacrifice we devote our non-stop attention and time to technology instead. We give it power by our belief in it. Social media wouldn't mean jackshit if people didn't care so much what people say on it because it's just people saying shit on a cloud. But because we care what they say it has power over us and our thoughts and actions.

>Social media wouldn't mean jackshit if people didn't care so much what people say on it because it's just people saying shit on a cloud. But because we care what they say it has power over us and our thoughts and actions.
This. It's actually fucking disturbing how much power so many people have VOLUNTARILY given social media over themselves. It's why governments are now saying these companies have a "responsibility" to protect their users, it's fucking insane.

So Amanda Palmer is an avatar of Xenu?
Because my money was on her being a reptilian.

King, Gibson and Barker aren't good writers.

they are relatively better than gaiman

You literally described exactly what Good Omens is, this shit isn't typical Gaiman it's Gaiman making a love letter to Terry Pratchett (which hopefully isn't getting fucked up too much by the BBC)
>tfw both trailers start with orchestral music only to switch to Queen halfway through

Attached: tumblr_pnnykbDUEj1tnikz7_540.jpg (217x154, 11K)

It's coming out at the end of May, Gaiman chose to make it after receiving a letter posthumously from Pratchett. He's written every episode and is credited as showrunner.
youtube.com/watch?v=2ZSXlNRRoGU

Attached: Anon get out.jpg (1200x915, 125K)