“It’s a completely different timeframe and you’ll get a sense of what Diana-slash–Wonder Woman had been doing...

>“It’s a completely different timeframe and you’ll get a sense of what Diana-slash–Wonder Woman had been doing in the intervening years,” he said. “But it’s a completely different story that we’re telling. Even though it’ll have a lot of the same emotional things, a lot of humor, a lot of brave action. Tugs at the heart strings as well.”-Charles Roven - Woder Woman 1984 producer.
DCEU/Worlds of DC confirmed retconned instead of "rebooted', it seems every scripwriter and director working in future movies is allowed to ignore everything made before and including Justice League altogether if they see it fit for their vision, James Gunn is ignoring Suicide Squad completely and is recasting everybody but it seems Cathy Yan at least will follow the same Harley Quinn from that movie.
Patty Jenkings is ignoring BvS and Justice League since it will even make less sense that Diana alledgy didn't wanted to interfere in men world's conflicts for a century but she was doing exactly that in 1984.
Flash may be recast but Aquaman is the same guy and so on.

Attached: DCEU-Movie-Intro.jpg (1200x600, 357K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wegotthiscovered.com/movies/ray-fisher-return-cyborg-solo-movie-happening/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

‘‘Tis for the best. Everything sans WW was a mistake. I mean, who kills off Superman in his second movie? Really?

Better to just ignore it and move on. Focus on more character stuff.

They also lost Cyborg’s actor.

I hope they do a timeskip for Superman and have him married to Lois and they have Jon.

>That Superman outfit
I love that it's not the DCEU suit but I'm fucking hoping we get red briefs eventually.

We probably will. They brought back Aquaman’s orange costume.

I just want good movies don't really care If they fit into some continuity . Same reason why I never cared for Byrne giving some explanation why Peter Parker wore a green t shirt in some panel in 1977 or whatever.
No offense to MCU (I know a lot of people like those movies) I gave up on them for just being expensive tv episodes.
A movie should stand on its own and be interesting and worthwhile even if it wasn't part of a longer story

I just want a soft reboot.

Keep Cavill or recast him. I could go either way. He could be good in the role with some proper fucking direction. Recast literally everybody else. Retcon Jimmy Olsen dying. Have a completely different tone, one that's more fun, but not without its seriousness as well. Have Luthor as a sort of background villain. Give Superman the classic costume too.

There's that but then there's also Birds of fucking Prey.

I'm hoping that for the more traditionally superheroic stuff, WB doubles down on the 'fun' and more comic book accurate stuff. If we have to lose the street-level, Batman-related stuff for that, so fucking be it.

>I mean, who kills off Superman in his second movie? Really?
What gets me is that you can tell Snyder is a fucking retard about three minutes into any interview he does. He had to sit down with multiple movie executives and convince them he was the guy but no nobody notices they're talking to the human equivalent of an energy drink? If capitalism is a meritocracy how did we end up with so many dumb millionaires?

>If capitalism is a meritocracy how did we end up with so many dumb millionaires?
Most people are stupid, user. Makes sense that they'd prop up other stupid people and ignore most of the smart ones.

Birds of Prey is one of the last remnants of the old DCEU and are obligated to make. If it ain’t successful it will just be swept under the rug.
Even the Leto Joker movie is said to be cancelled.

Shazam have several callbacks to MoS, BvS, and JL. So Shazam is the last remnants of the old DCEU too?

Charles Roven wasn't talking about BvS and JL, but the first WW movie. He's saying that WW84 isn't a sequel to WW, but a movie where Diana is in another timeframe and place. He's essentially saying it's a sequel while saying it's not a sequel.

Nothing has changed.

They can't reboot my headcannon

I suppose by reboot they mean small contradictions, like Aquaman meeting Mera as if it was the first time. I don't think they will do frontal contradictions, like showing Pa Kent alive.

>like Aquaman meeting Mera as if it was the first time
AM made it obvious they've known each other.

They should eventually do a Crisis event that retcons the objectively bad movies away

Not a loss, he was fine but is easily replaceable

>Snyder's costumes were a mistake

>WB doubles down on the 'fun' and more comic book accurate stuff

Not every hero needs to be street level in outlook or design since not everyone is, but BoP should be that, but can still be comic book accurate

And I'd prefer entertaining and enjoyable over a non-specified and especially "forced" idea of fun

What baffles me most of all is SOMEWHERE IN THIS MESS someone greenlit a New Gods movie. New Gods already being the textbook definition of DC not knowing what to do about a franchise.

I took it less as them meeting for the first time and more that being the first time Mera could get Arthur to talk about anything apart from his dead mom. Not that it may matter going forward now Amber Heard’s under arrest for cutting up Johnny Depp like a psychopath

>They brought back Aquaman’s orange costume.
Reminder that costume was made for JL per Snyder's instruction, before they decided better among Snyder and Wan about that costume debuting in the solo movie.

>WB eventually casts Doom Patrol's Cyborg as his Worlds of DC counterpart

What happened? Nobody's contracts have expired.

tell us yourheadcannon sir

wegotthiscovered.com/movies/ray-fisher-return-cyborg-solo-movie-happening/amp/
>A source has told We Got This Covered that the Cyborg film is never going to happen at this point, as the studio has zero interest right now in continuing Victor Stone’s story on the big screen. That includes featuring him in a supporting or cameo capacity in another hero’s movie. To put it frankly, we’ve been told that the studio just doesn’t care about making any more projects with Fisher.
>Though you have to feel for the actor, this does fit with the wider scope of the DC franchise. Fisher was cast by director Zack Snyder for his unfolding masterplan for the shared universe, but now that he’s no longer the architect of the DCEU anymore, it stands to reason that there’s no place for Cyborg on the upcoming slate. The hero’s never had much of a standalone history in the comics, anyway, and as WB’s pursuing solo films with little to no crossovers, there’s simply no role for Vic to fill in the franchise.