Which will be the better Genie?

Which will be the better Genie?

Attached: 0_MAIN-Will-Smith-Genie.jpg (615x409, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PI4Mv8R0mE0&t=1s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Williams>Castellaneta>Iglehart>Smith

I think will will add his own flare but I would have rather they got the guy from the musical that guy was pretty good

This is the hottest image I've ever seen of Will Smith wtf. Dude normally looks like kinda ratty af in the face but something about that blue skin does it for me. Boy also got ripped for the part apparently

This is just will smith playing will smith, this guy got no range at all, how the fuck he keep getting hired if he can't act? Every single Damn movie is WS acting like his real life counterpart.

Williams for being the original and wackier, but having just watched the trailer I think Smith might turn out better than expected

He looks better as a live action Stand 100%

Fund it

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-11-04-12h39m32s775.png (1280x720, 551K)

>This is just will smith playing will smith, this guy got no range at all, how the fuck he keep getting hired if he can't act?
Some folks, like Will Smith, are hired to play themselves. They want Will Smith to play Will Smith.

I think Will will be a pretty enjoyable Genie. The scenes with him in the newest trailer were so much better than what they showed before. Now my only gripe is Jafar.

Williams

Attached: robin.png (720x414, 268K)

Damn!
I can't unsee it.

Because even now people have fond memories of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Men In Black.

They couldn't even get the beard right. No mustache, no soul patch, just jawline into chin beard. Wtf was so hard about that?

Attached: OP is rated faggot.png (396x568, 34K)

Scientology contacts abound in hollywood. They recruit only dumb rich people. Movie stars are rich people of questionable intelligence in most cases.

user...

Attached: 1407851760153.jpg (636x632, 78K)

Genie was just Robin Williams being Robin Williams

Whichever one you grew up with...
Inb4 Barbara Eden....

The difference is that “being Robin Williams” includes many different voices and impressions he has in his repertoire, from years of stand-up comedy and varied roles, and “being Will Smith” basically just includes Smith’s two modes of being an upbeat sarcastic jokey guy, and his serious dramatic role voice.

That's like asking if chocolate tastes better than diarrhea.

>The difference is that “being Robin Williams” includes many different voices and impressions he has in his repertoire, from years of stand-up comedy and varied roles

Which were all Robin Williams being Robin Williams. The man was very one-note as entertaining as he was and his celebrity impersonations age like milk. Jack Nicholson hasn't done anything in nearly a decade. Robin Williams doing an impersonation of him is a joke that will fail to land because children of today have no idea who he is now.

get out of here devil

>this guy got no range at all
youtube.com/watch?v=PI4Mv8R0mE0&t=1s

It's okay to be wrong.

fr though, will just never has to put in effort. He's a fucking incredible actor. He just keeps getting casted as himself and never has to try.

>those subtle twitches with his hands as he tries not to break down in front of his dad
>'you too...Lou.'
>trying to blow it off
>the nonchalant attitude turning into anger turning into grief
>'how come he don't want me?'

It's not surprising people started to believe that will improvised this scene based on his dad walking out even if it's not true because holy shit, the emotions in that scene are fucking raw.

TFW my dad walked out on me before I was born and tried to come back into my life when I was an adult too

I had a very, VERY similar reaction to this

God damn it Satan.

You think the children of 1991 had any idea who Jack Nicholson was, much less Rodney Dangerfield or Bobe Hope and Bing Crosby?
Children laugh because funny man do funny voice and then they get older and laugh because now they can appreciate the joke on multiple levels.

as a 4 year old, I didn't know who rodney dangerfield or jack nicholson were either. All I knew was genie was funny and charming.

deadpool made a fuckton of celebrity jokes that won't land in 5 years either. doesn't take away from the character.

He's had other scenes where he acted fine such as the gun shot episode and the final. I think he suffered a John Romita Jr problem where he was really talented but then no one was hiring for his talent anymore, just his name, so he stared to phone it in.

Attached: Ghost-Rider-Wolverine-Punisher-Hearts-of-Darkness-Cover-Spread.jpg (1600x623, 515K)

The idea is to use the reference to make a joke as opposed to the "joke" being, "Look! I made a reference!" a la the Seltzerberg movies.

Williams, simply because he played the original role, and he was fucking brilliant. Will Smith can't reach that level of mastery, and he knows it.

>got ripped for the part
that is CG, my dude.

I mean, what's in the diarrhea?

Williams was overrated. He tries way too hard to be funny. He hasn’t been in any movies recently anyway. He’s too old

>so daz e, wa we sum kana _________™

Correct.

Jokes aside, why did so many of his movies bomb?

Beaause having a famous actor is not enough, you actually need good writing.

Shitty scripts. The bane of good actors.