Far from Home

>Hasty reshoots to revealing that "MJ" is actually Angelica Jones AKA Firestar from Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.

You know they can do that too, 3 1/3 months is more than enough time.

Attached: Spider-Man_Far_From_Home_poster.jpg (220x326, 123K)

I’m fine with that. I like her personality.

That doesn't make sense. How do you go from Michelle, to Mary Jane, to Angelica? If this is true then Sony/Marvel needs to figure out what they want her to be because this just seems like they're gonna confuse a shitload of people and they're not going to know what to call her anymore.

Unless her middle name is Michelle, which'd check out but still be a pretty cheapo way to retcon.

Is this a rumor or what you want?

That's really random but i wouldn't mind

I'm pretty sure it's just something OP wants.

that would actually be really cool, spidey and firestar as a couple? I like that idea

Shame it'd be a nice retcon to introduce real Mary Jane

Bump

I could see this being something they've already done. They're fighting the Elementals.

What if
MJ gets fire powers like Firestar/Human Torch
Ned gets rock powers and big like the Thing/the Hulk.
Betty gets electricity or electric fields powers like Sue Storm
Remy Hii's character gets water powers kind of like Namor or Aquaman

Can they use her? Firestar is a mutant.

Considering the FOX deal closes in three days, yes.

Is this something you actually want or are you just spitballing, because that's fucking stupid.

Id really like this to be honest, not enough people know about Firestar

Isn't this the last Sony-Marvel colab?

>they are fighting the Elementals
user, do you know who Mysterio is and what it is he does?

Attached: image.jpg (1242x2208, 3.47M)

It is. 5 films which is Civil War, Avengers 3 and 4, and Spider-Man 1 and 2. They'll need to set up a new deal or Sony will be taking another stab at live-action Spidey films on their own.

So until we hear of that deal, it seems unlikely we'll be seeing the introduction of non-Sony-licensed characters, which I imagine fire star is one.

>Hasty reshoots to revealing that "MJ" is actually Angelica Jones AKA Firestar from Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.

>Ruining Angelica like that

I am not a big Firestarfag but what a way to shit over that character after fucking over Mary Jane.

I just want a mid or post credit scene with May talking about the new neighbors with Peter and telling him heneeds to meet their niece with a wonderful personality. Doesn't even need to show her but I wouldn't mind a face it tiger scene with katmac as Mary-Jane

>they're fighting the Elementals
Nigga, he's fighting Mysterio and holograms. Just because CBR writes stupid clickbait shit doesn't mean you have to believe it.

I can't believe this many people are this stupid and aren't aware of what Mysterio's gimmick is. They're told he's a hero in the trailer, and they actually believe it....

Does this take place after or before Infinity War/Endgame?

Mysterio is hard working special effects technician. The working class hero.

After.

Vulture was a hero too, until Spider-Man. Fuck, JJJ is right, he IS a menace

Honestly after not Ganke and Pajeet Thompson I don't expect anything to be like the source material.

You have a point. It's not like Toomes was all that accurate

I bet they're actually gonna make him use real magic

>replying and agreeing to yourself

fucking yikes

The fuck are you on about, faggot?

I honestly can’t remember what Vulture was before he was a winged menace, wasn’t he like a small time burglar or something like that?

>Betty gets electricity or electric fields powers like Sue Storm
Nigga your fucking retarded and that idea idea is dreadful

T-THIS TIME FOR SURE! MARVEL WILL HAVE A FLOP!!!!

Attached: 146215612914.jpg (601x508, 31K)

It was never mentioned that her name is "Mary Jane". Her name is Michelle but her friends call her "MJ"

Why not "Michelle Angelica" then?

I hate that this is supposed to be a homage to the most iconic capeshit love interest. Also probably the most famous redheaded one at that. If they actually introduced an actual redhead, even a pretty dyehead, fans would rejoice. I don't even mind the character, it's just a slap in the face of any spidey fan. Besides being Pete's love interest, she's most famous for being a white bombshell redhead.

i wonder if people will get more mad when she plays a caribbean ariel from little mermaid with brown hair than they were with mj

Attached: 1551756734339.jpg (1920x1080, 1.1M)

>Angelica Jones
>And you thought it couldn't get worst

Attached: WHY!!!!!.jpg (350x240, 48K)

Is this shit Sonys fault or Disney's? It's kinda frustrating

Michelle has a penis

>comics will disappear in your lifespan
>this version will become the new standard for spiderman
>Peter Parker is now the average pixie geek lol random spaz

>. How do you go from Michelle, to Mary Jane,
She was never Mary Jane.

Then they adapt the high school heroes boarding house arc from Ultimate Spider-man.

>She was never Mary Jane.

True, but it doesn't matter. The lesser minded normies (I.E. the vast majority of the audience) already think she is and now her being Angelica is only going to further confuse them.

Both honestly. Either one could have stopped or at least corrected course on the absolute shitshow of characterization that was Homecoming

It baffles me how that after all this time people like you still post this absolutely disingenuous shit.

This is a huge part of why Homecoming being so grossly unfaithful and off the rails bothered me so badly. Some people like to say "dude he's had movies before" and shit, but for one thing they weren't very accurate either and for another, what are people going to remember, the 10+ year long extremely profitable cinematic universe or the couple of attempts at adapting a single character?

in the comics, Toomes was an engineer who developed the anti-grav tech with a friend. Said friend screwed him over out of the business, and Toomes said "Fuck that", made the wing harness with the anti-grav tech and robbed the former friend. He just didn't stop there, though. He also has an estranged daughter and grandson.

In the 1610, the mother of his grandson wasn't related to him, but she wanted her kid to at least have a grandfather. Toomes accepted them as family, but was later part of a heist to get money for the kid's leukaemia treatment and college fund.

>"MJ" is actually Angelica Jones AKA Firestar
Redhead genocide

Attached: 1541809386949.png (1268x3208, 3.42M)

Meh If they hint at her being a model I am fine with her as MJ. She is attractive enough, they just really downplayed it in the first movie. Have her be approached by a model agency in the movie saying she could be a model. I am sure there will be a scene where they have her all made up and Peter goes wow, and she is very pretty.

Damn, as someone who's into readheads, that fuckin sucks

Attached: 1527616686397.jpg (900x1366, 153K)

You have a seriously cavernous asshole to pull something like this entirely from it.

>what are people going to remember, the 10+ year long extremely profitable cinematic universe or the couple of attempts at adapting a single character?
Those "couple of attempts" spanned 5 movies and 12 years. Homecoming came out 15 fucking years after the first Spidey movie. So 10 years of MCU, with only 3 of those years featuring Spidey, I'd say the Sony titles are more in peoples minds by that metric.

Five releases in 12 years (of which only two were actually well received), versus God only knows how many MCU movies in just over 10 years, every single one of which save for one or two were beloved by audiences and critics. Don't be stupid, user.

You dont be stupid you fucking idiot, only one and a half of those movies feature spider-man. Shut up already you pissant crybaby.

Are you mad?

I better not tell you that Vulture had red hair but his daughter/daughter-in-law and grandkid are black/brown.

I will not be seeing any spider-man MCU appearance after Endgame if they don't go back on making Michelle "MJ". End far from home with a beautiful white girl named Mary Jane knocking on peters door and telling him he's hit the jackpot.

user I don't like it either but the only superhero movies from the past ~20 years that will be remembered in 50 years are the MCU and maybe the Nolan trilogy. That's just the way it is thanks to Disney.

>moving goalposts
>crying more

This, I don't know how people think genuine monsters are involved. The guy is clearly pulling a Syndrome, special effects are his whole deal. The monsters aren't real.

Attached: Mysterio-Spider-Man-Marvel-Comics-h1-720x492.jpg (720x492, 155K)

The goalposts are firmly where they were when you started kicking and screaming, see

Attached: projector.jpg (404x480, 99K)

My bad, meant to direct you to

Just fucking have her dye her hair red. Fuck's sake, you can have her go into "modeling" as in designing models if you don't want to go the classic route but she needs to have red hair.

I dont know who the fuck you think I am but that wasnt me, retard. I pointed out you were wrong about a timeframe and then you started crying about what's more memorable instead of the literal issue of what was said which was what's been around longer. That's moving goalposts.

I never said it was you. I was replying to the post I pointed out and you inserted yourself into the conversation, sperging out extremely hard. You've lost the plot completely in some kind of a haze of anger. Seems to me like you need to go down for your nappie-wappie, so I'm going to let you go now. Bye bye.

>the most iconic capeshit love interest
That would be Lois Lane.

I dont understand how any functioning human being can write this and say anyone else is sperging.

Not anymore

Thanks Bendis