Literally Virgenie vs Chadfar

Literally Virgenie vs Chadfar

youtube.com/watch?v=Jhj25HnpSRU

Attached: never had a meme like me.jpg (938x713, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=87xYGDR_eME
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hcVC_8GAnx4
uproxx.com/movies/the-genius-and-the-genie-the-story-of-robin-williams-rocky-relationship-with-disney/
youtube.com/watch?v=SJ_rxPKog-A
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jnvjH_I2OQA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IK9EW7hIgDA
youtube.com/watch?v=258dqX-qAbo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fdBxBrkQX9k
youtube.com/watch?v=AU6AfCWuZKI
youtube.com/watch?v=CK-VbToD0eM
gilbertpodcast.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Literally the Worst Song in the Whole Franchise

unironically it's so bad it's good

The lyrics are good, but somehow the singing is weak, and the instrumentals are scarce.

GRANNY'S GONNA GRAB YA

Why was Jafar stronger?

At least from the dub in my country, he wished to be the most powerful genie, which was already his intention in the original anyways even if he didn't outright say it.

I believe the exact words he used was "An all powerful genie". Which would achieve the same effect.

I also assumed that Genie lost quite a bit of power when he was freed.

It follows the show, which establishes (numerous times) that Genie has notably less power after being freed.

>SEMI-phenomenal, NEARLY cosmic power

youtube.com/watch?v=87xYGDR_eME
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MOVE OR WE WILL BE SHOOTING OURSELVES

I also wonder.
Maybe because he was a sorcerer as a mortal and somehow that translates into having stronger Genie form.

In the Hebrew dub as a lad they said he wished to be "The most powerful genie" in Aladdin. I thought that was why forever.

Then I watched the english and it's "An all powerful genie"

They said that in the movie as well. A freed Genie still has a lot of magical mojo, but less so then a bound wish-granting one. Save for an inability to kill, his power is much greater at the cost of autonomy.

Dan Castellaneta sounds so not like Robin Williams it's crazy

Which made sense since having Genie as a friend would mean infinite free wishes otherwise.

>says this in a movie that gave Gilbert Godfried TWO musical numbers

why didn't Genie just go for his lamp?

>Save for an inability to kill, his power is much greater at the cost of autonomy.
You'd be surprised what you can live through, though.

Came here to post this. Very few people will recognize this truth because it's one of the first Disney sequels and is part of a pretty decent movie.

is this a reference

it's pretty bad. if they hadn't killed off jafar before the animated series, the plot would have easily fit into an episode

Return of jafar is literally a pilot episode that was made into a direct to vhs/dvd movie for whatever reason. A lot of the disney sequels were like this.

The animation and art pisses me off a lot. A Jafar vs. Genie song should be so fucking cool and we got GRANNY'S GONNA GRAB YA

This entire scene was gold.

YABBA DABBA ZABBA
Fuck this out of character, poorly animated nonsense.

>ZABBA-CABBA-DABRA
>GRANNY'S GONNA GRAB YA
Was the songwriter having a minor stroke while writing this part?

Attached: 1540470642317.png (986x797, 869K)

It’s a good villain song. Jafar’s always been a ham.

“Looking Out For Me” was actually good.

It's really the only explanation. Not sure what their process was, but I just wonder what everyone was thinking what they read [INSERT PSYCHO REFERENCE HERE (yes I know it's famously Bates' mother but please just do it)]

Gotta love how after two movies and an entire television show, Aladdin and Iago’s reaction are “Not this shit again.”

That's the funniest part you humorless fuckwit

I actually liked Return of Jafar. Making Iago the focus was legit a good idea, and his redemption was pretty great. Abis Mal makes for a fun side villain too.

So can we all agree that Aladdin had a top tier Rogues Gallery?

>Jafar
>Mozenrath
>Mirage
>Mechanicles
>Chaos
>Ayim Aghul
>Malcho
>Saruhk
>Al Muddi
>Arbutus

>Abis Mal
>abismal
>abysmal
Can't believe it only took me until now to realize.

Attached: 1548103218745.jpg (574x550, 104K)

had to style on you bitch niggas

>those fucking bagpipes
robin williams was a genius

How is that funny? HOW? It's a random Psycho reference that falls flat on levels that shouldn't be possible.

Because it's a weird thing for Jafar to say. How is it not? How can you see that and start balling your fists in anger, and immediately go to Yea Forums and type about how much you hate it with angry tears welling up in your eyes?

>Ayim Aghul
>I am a ghoul

Aladdin's "Here we fucking go..." face fucking kills me.

You're being more dramatic and emotional here. Humor is more than just "character says random thing" and this one topped off nonsense scatting that could have been anything else but instead goes for the scene in Psycho where Norma Bates is turned around to reveal she was a corpse but instead it's just cross dressing Jafar trying desperately to rhyme with dabba. The movie had some well written parts, there is talent on the team, but that song was just bad.

It always bothered me that Genie was SO BADLY outmatched by Jafar. I get it, Genie's powers were reduced with his freedom while Jafar was at full strength, but Genie had been a genie for 10,000+ years. He should've had enough experience and know-how to overcome his handicap.

I apologise for laughing every time I even think of this scene. I apologise for the sheer joy this strange little movie brings me. I hope you can forgive me.

Reminder that Al is actually a damn good fighter. He actually beat the main villain halfway through the movie, who keep in mind took on like a dozen killers by himself.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hcVC_8GAnx4

It’s a bit scattered, but it’s still focused enough to be catchy. Besides, Jafar screaming “AND THIS THING’S BIGGER THAN THE BOTH OF US” was pretty cool, considering they’re basically on a cosmic scale.

It can still be funny to you, Satan, I'm just saying how it doesn't work in a general sense and could have easily been better.

It has some decent moments but the rest is low quality. The concept is great but the execution leaves so much to be desired.

Remember Jafar’s wish: All powerful Genie. He’s not just a Genie, he’s a step beyond. And it’s not like Jafar hadn’t already had experience with wielding magic and dark arts, he was practicing it even before his wishes.

What always annoyed me was how nerfed Genie was in the show. It’s tough because he’s so powerful and it’s hard to constantly make villains on that level, but it was still pretty irritating to see some villains take him down when it made no sense.

You only made this thread because you thought of "Virgenie".

>Remember Jafar’s wish: All powerful Genie. He’s not just a Genie, he’s a step beyond.
Did he really wish to be a "super genie," though? Wouldn't "all powerful genie" cover any normal, non-free genie?
>it was still pretty irritating to see some villains take him down when it made no sense.
I remember the episode where he got one hit KO'd by a tyrannosaurus rex. I get that a t-rex is big and all, but it was still retarded to see a genie taken out by an ordinary animal.

Pretty sure “All powerful” is some form of upgrade. Even normal Genie clearly thought there’d be no way for him to handle it. It comes off the same way as “Most powerful sorcerer.”

>Chadfar
>Literally wished for Jasmine to love him
>She still didn't

There's no reason to assume there aren't different strengths of genies. Just like with wizards some are just far stronger than others.

I agree it's really random. Like.. that was Norman Bates' mother, not GRANDmother. Did they misremember, or did they think "granny" sounded better despite it working against the reference? And the song would be written before storyboarding it I presume, so it's the songwriter's fault? Or is it the storyboarder's fault? Did the songwriter include a note saying "hey, make sure Jafar looks like the fucking Psycho movie mom corpse here"? or was it just a general "make Jafar a grandma trying to grab Genie here" note that the storyboarder then turned into a Psycho reference? Does that make less or more sense, I'm not even sure. I'd love some closure on this but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Genies are all about random references. Normal Genie did a Jack Nicholsen impression.

So why exactly did Disney make masterpieces that everybody knows and love and decide to follow them up with shit direct-to-video sequels? Wouldn't it be better to make a half way decent sequel, put it on theaters and make a $50M profit easily? I never knew anybody that had any of the Disney sequels or even watched them.

And she was dead the whole time, she's not going to grab anyone. Or maybe it's just a reference on the level that Norman thought he was his homicidal mother... so "granny" still doesn't make sense. And the turn around reveal they were mimicking was from the end where she was in the chair dead.
But yes, the process is a mystery and however it was written out, I'm guessing it was the fault of the songwriter who probably wrote it as a screen play since it was essentially an important duel (which makes this all the more painful).

It’s not like it was an actual wish.

Because the genie couldn't make someone fall in love with somebody else. That was literally one of his rules.

Walt Disney was always against making sequels because he wanted to produce something fresh and original every time and that mentality survived in the company with Roy
Now Disney is a completely different company with no standards and ideas so that's why sequels, prequels etc are made into the theaters

It was a double joke
>Abis Mal
>I be small
He was a short guy

fuck off jaden, your dad’s a hasbin

>Oh, Al! Your back! And your front! They're both here!

Attached: quest-camelot-disneyscreencaps.com-7280.jpg (837x463, 53K)

Did anyone who worked on King of Thieves, including Robin, ever bring up how he came to return as the Genie? It’s just such an odd shift when Castelleneta was already doing it for a while.

Disney apologized for pissing him off in the first place and bought him a real fancy painting.

I know that Robin agreed to do Genie in a movie one more time, and from then on he would only voice Genie in educational material. That's why there's some PC edutainment game where Robin Williams actually reprises his role again.

What did they do?

I forget exactly, but it was something like he had a condition in his contract that they couldn't use his voice in merchandise... and then they did that.

Was he mad about losing out on the licensing?

Akshually, he had a contract with them stating that he would accept a paycut as long as they didn't use him in advertising, from voices to pictures and marketing. The reason was that he had his own movie coming out around the same time, and didn't want it to impact it.

Fuller story here.
uproxx.com/movies/the-genius-and-the-genie-the-story-of-robin-williams-rocky-relationship-with-disney/
They actually bought him a Picasso after the initial brouhaha but it didn't change his views. He only agreed to return to the character after a public apology from new CEO Joe Roth in 1994.

A lot of names were like this in Aladdin:
>Amin Damoola = I'm in the moola
>Haroud Hazi Bin = How rude has he been
>Nefir Hasenouf = Never has enough

yeah its just his homer voice...

Reading that honestly gave me a newfound respect for Williams. I respect his conviction to his craft and to the art of filmmaking, and his hatred of soulless media manipulation. It also makes a lot of sense when you look at his career choices later on, even his shittier movies where he still was just making movies and not trying to leech off of products. I’m assuming he wouldn’t be impressed with the current state of Disney.

Also
>Agrees to a union salary despite already being a titan at that point
>Only agreed when he realized how fantastic the movie was going to be
>Made stipulations so Disney couldn’t abuse him being in the movie, and not overshadow the other actors’ characters

>Disney fails to meet the agreements
>They blame it on him and money

Guess the Mouse has always been crooked.

Virgenie gets best girl though

Attached: Genie-and-Eden-disneys-couples-21998387-960-608.jpg (960x608, 76K)

Didn't Iago get a girlfriend in an episode or two? Some magic phoenix thing?

Yeah, but he fucked it up, and all he got for his troubles was a giant snake monster who wanted to murder him.

Aw.

...And while we're on the subject of Iago, was anyone else pissed off that the series ended with him leaving Aladdin? I know Iago was always opportunistic and greedy and all that, but even with that in mind what they did with him in King of Thieves seemed like a total ass-pull for no real reason.

My favorite part about the Genie is that in the original story, he's a super-nice Genie who really just wants to grant people wishes, but gets completely mindbroken after being sealed inside a vase for thousands of years, and swears to take out his immense frustrations on the next person he sees. But then he just gets trapped again. That's the fate that awaits the Genie.

They had been trying to get rid of Gilbert Gottfried for years. It was such a horrendously stupid move to associate someone so unhinged, anti-PC incarnate with Disney.

I understood the idea behind it, that Iago is a thief at heart so he's most at home with other thieves, but yeah it comes out of nowhere and they don't spend a lot of time together.

The fuck are you talking about? KOT was the finale of the franchise.

when did aladdin and reboot have a crossover ep?

This can't be the case. Disney went OUT OF THEIR WAY to make sure Iago was not only around, but one of the MAIN HEROES of the series, when they could've easily just said he died after getting sucked into Jafar's lamp or something. I mean, hell, he's the MAIN CHARACTER of Return of Jafar.

Also, I don't think Gottfried was as un-PC at the time as he is these days.

You could say that Gilbert...

Got fried.

The writers liked him ofc, but there's no way the higher-ups were pleased with it.

>Also, I don't think Gottfried was as un-PC at the time as he is these days.

You're joking, right? He was ten times worse. Just listen to him on howard stern. Ceaseless racism, cracking holocaust jokes to survivors, asking children what kind of diaper they're wearing etc. He was literally corrupting children in realtime.

Yeah, they really made him ia-go

Jafar requested a segment in drag and that was a way to sneak it in.

>The writers liked him ofc, but there's no way the higher-ups were pleased with it.
Huh. You'd think if the higher-ups wanted him gone, that would sort of be the end of it, regardless of what the writers thought.
>You're joking, right? He was ten times worse.
Eh, I don't really remember anyone bitching about him like they do these days, but whatever. I mean, is it really any different than, say, George Carlin playing Mr. Conductor? It's not like he was reciting the Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television to Thomas the Tank Engine.

>It was then that Thomas realized he had been a huge fucking cunt

I liked her and the poor girl (who got obsessed with Aladdin I think) as well. Jasmine is still the best.

The episode with the street rat girl was great. I fucking loved the sand monster she summoned.
>Do I look like a dating service? I smash stuff, I do!

I should watch the series again, I watched it 20 or so years ago.
Damn I'm old.

The thing that always pissed me off about this song is how Jafar goes on about some sort of 'rivalry" between himself and Genie, even though it never was a thing. He saw Genie as nothing but a tool in the first movie, and now he suddenly wants to prove his dick is larger.

I gotta give credit though, this is just about the only instance in the entire Western animation where we can see two reality warpers duke it out. It's still fun to watch, and I wish we got more scenes like this.

Attached: photo_koaly_02.jpg (1500x1072, 288K)

In the finale of Aladdin he was defeated by Al making him feel like his magic cock was merely a 16cm dicklet and that genie can always take it away.

The biggest crime is giving Jafar a song
he doesn't seem like the type to sing, yeah he did the Prince Ali reprise before golf swinging(how tf did he know what golf was) Al to the arctic and that felt like it was him just being a dick

youtube.com/watch?v=SJ_rxPKog-A
I really liked this song

WHY IS IT VEGAS????

user, I'm sorry to disappoint, but Prince Ali was just the final version they settled upon. Before that, Jafar has had his movie song re-wrote several times. Google "why me", "humiliate the boy", "my finest hour". Technically, Jafar has more songs than any other Disney movie villain.

man, fuck movies making me feel bad about having no friends

user, he was making puns in the last encounter with Aladdin

Oh yeh? Then what would you rhyme Zabba Cabba Dabra with? Do you have any idea how hard it is to write song lyrics when you’re hungover? Do you?

Barrel off Niagra!

Where's my job, 90s Disney? I consent to any drug test.

hot slut

Compared to Yzma's song those are just... weak.

>Turn genie into human
>he made Jasmine love you

problem solved

Attached: akabur.jpg (480x360, 42K)

Would these jokes be considered racist now?

I'm sure you'd be able to find someone somewhere willing to say they're "problematic".

WHEN WILL IT BE FINISHED!?

In six years when Akabur releases Princess Trainer Platinum.
Then we can wait for Princess Trainer Diamond.

>giving her a costume
>not just full on nude

Plebian.

>Plot to Aladdin 4 revealed

Wait, it's done?

Done is a relative term. But I believe he stopped working on it a few years ago.
I think there's a fan extension to the game, no idea what the status is currently with that.

>That moment when you're like eight and then all of a sudden boner and you don't even know what a boner is but holy shit Disney

Attached: Princess-Jasmine-15.gif (436x662, 870K)

I'M A SICK FUCK
I LIKE A QUICK FUCK

Attached: rw1p4fsukv821.png (312x556, 136K)

please dont post that scene

Attached: you are now my enemy.jpg (850x400, 45K)

It looked like a reference to Psycho, but I don't know what the lyrics referenced, if anything.

>al, we’re in undertale!

His reprise was perfect, though. It twisted everything triumphant for Aladdin, which fits the story.

Homer Simpson makes an alright budget Genie

Abis Mal has it.

I'd like to think even weakened Genie could take the lamp from Abis Mal. Besides, Abu was there, who took Genie's lamp from Jafar without him even realizing in the first movie.

What about this one?

Attached: Princess-Jasmine-01.gif (500x332, 415K)

much better

▲▲

▲ ▲

▲▲

Attached: Princess-Jasmine-10.jpg (500x332, 36K)

I don't understand how you lose power if you're free. Those bracers amplify magic or something?

The cosmos probably don't want genies going all power-crazy once they start calling their own shots.

They're not granting wishes, just being magical assholes?

I don't know...Even when free, Genie demonstrates he still has some power were he a more evil character I can still see him conquering the world

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jnvjH_I2OQA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IK9EW7hIgDA
>Who’s this coming down the carpet? Oh it’s Cleopatra and Caesar and they’re bringing a salad!

That actually showed a problem with KOT: The villains were a big step down from the others. Saluk just seemed like some guy, and Al even kicked his ass halfway through the movie.

I always thought it was because of his history as a Sorcerer.

Like, Genie is all powerful and has some pretty incredible spells, but throwing a thunderbolt seems to do the job most of the time.

But Jafar has made do with much weaker magic, he had to use it well because it was all he had. Now that he has real magic and knows how to use it.

Was I the only one who felt like in Aladdin, Robin Williams was actually playing a character, while in Aladdin & The King of Thieves, it was just... Robin Williams?

Considering for the first one he riffed so much they wound up with 30 hours' worth of material, no, I'd say Williams was always just being himself.

I'm thor

You're Thor?

So, technically, "Aladdin" begins on Aladdin and Jasmine's wedding night - the end of "Aladdin & The King of Thieves" - and this guy tells the entire story of "Aladdin," "Return of Jafar," "Aladdin: The Series," and "Aladdin & The King of Thieves" all in one go.

Attached: Aladdin-Merchant.png (1180x842, 536K)

>Return of jafar is literally a pilot episode that was made into a direct to vhs/dvd movie for whatever reason.

They wouldn't really put entire TV shows onto VHS because VHS didn't lend itself well to season collections. multipart episodes that could be sold as a movie were popular to put on VHS because it made it seem like an authentic movie instead of just loose collections of episodes

well it hurts

Attached: in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.jpg (571x371, 34K)

youtube.com/watch?v=258dqX-qAbo

I forgot how good the ending to The King of Thieves was - it's a nice sendoff

>Aladdin grabs Jasmine and says "NOW WE GON' FUCK" with his eyes
Holy shit.

>hurtth
You had ONE JOB

>ywn do that to jasmine

... ▲
..▲. ▲

The first one is just him slightly guided. I think with the third one because he is less of a mentor due to Al’s father showing up he comes off more straight up comedic and not an actual part of the story. It would’ve actually been nice if they touched on Genie being more fatherly to Aladdin than his real father.

Like mentioned earlier, the problem is that the villains, unlike Jafar or Mozenrath, don’t really hold enough weight for the Genie to feel necessary.

Aladdin is so fun

Is your name Buck?

It's ok user, I enjoyed your joke.

Gamer Fact: Shantae was "inspired" by this character.

Let me pontificate upon (You)r sorry state: you're wrong

>Ceaseless racism, cracking holocaust jokes to survivors, asking children what kind of diaper they're wearing etc. He was literally corrupting children in realtime.

Hahaha holy fuck, please tell me he has a podcast i can listen to

Attached: reaction266.png (637x637, 281K)

Reminder that the Sultan and Jasmine are actually badasses, and willing to die for their people.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fdBxBrkQX9k

And she in turn was inspired by and literally named after Barbara Eden.

He’s a comedian. At that point they might as well have not used Robin considering his stand up talked about viagra, prostitutes, and other dirty stuff.

Same, it displays the importance of community and friendship as something so valuable that money can't buy it, I only wish my small horse got the respect it deserves for teaching this moral as well

I loved this one too. It’s a legit good song, and it makes sense that after thousands of years a slave he’d end up coming back to the only people he ever cared about.

What's the best place to rewatch the series?

>and bought him a real fancy painting.
?

Why did they cut out Jafar's best song?

youtube.com/watch?v=AU6AfCWuZKI

I loved the Prince Ali reprise, but this was great too.

I loved the idea that Jafar was the other side of the coin to Aladdin. While Aladdin was a well meaning kid who never took the power he was given for granted, Jafar was ambitious. Jafar rose higher than Aladdin ever could alone, but he did it by having principles completely opposite to Aladdin.

>Trying to show him a better life wasn't stupid, Al. Leaving him alone with the Parrot; THAT was stupid.

Williams was really on full throttle in that movie.

What about the fact that they both feel the need to prove something to other people

Why is the animation for this song so much better than ?

I think he actually has

>that minor stroke Jasmine has near the end
>nOtHIng iN tHE wHoLe wIDe wOOooOrLD

Attached: 1541476658189.jpg (423x222, 26K)

That’s true too.

I know Mozenrath was essentially Evil Aladdin, but Jafar got the part more.

Do I have to watch the second movie to get the third? The second sounds like crap, but the third sounds pretty cool.

No, but you should. It's really not a bad movie, just a bit cheaper than the others.

That's how you sing showtunes style you pleb. Shut up! Stop ruining this quality song!

wait he said hes already met hercules here

>Pocahontas
I lose it every time.

The basic story is good, but I used to watch this movie with my sister laughing at how cheap it was and it was and full of animation errors. We enjoyed how bad it was handled even as kids.

>Once again, this whole program has been brought to you by... SAND! It's everywhere! Get used to it!

And then said snake monster found out he hated Aladdin more, so Iago was off the hook.

>That's why there's some PC edutainment game where Robin Williams actually reprises his role again.
That was a series of segments on One Saturday Morning, not a PC game.

Nude is boring. I think you're the pleb around here.

>Feature length Aladdin sequels

Attached: francesa angry.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

>Second movie isn't even coloured inside the lines

Attached: french pink hamster.png (745x613, 314K)

I actually like Return of Jafar. Iago’s redemption is the main focus and it’s done well, Jafar is a ham like always, Avis Mal makes for a fun side villain, and the songs aren’t bad. The animation is the main issue.

hot

Attached: tumblr_lybovg2whz1r9mp5uo1_500.jpg (450x358, 16K)

I remember reading they bought him an original Van Gogh or Picasso or something like that as an apology gift.

You gotta love how Jafar was looking for ways to get pat the “Genies can’t kill” thing.

>Iago’s redemption is the main focus and it’s done well
As much as I love Iago and will forever be grateful for the decision to add him to the heroes, it still amazes me that Disney devoted literally an entire movie to "make the parrot a good guy."

Thing is, this movie's animation ishigh quality for TV. It's just that it was marketed as a Direct to DVD sequel.

Later direct to DVD movies have theater quality animation, but sadly their stories aren't too hot.

Okay, so, I watched the Aladdin/Hercules crossover episode not too long ago for the first time, and I came away with these three thoughts:

1) Jafar and Hades are fucking amazing together. Jafar goes full crazed supervillain and Hades just doesn't get it. Best villain team up ever.

2) Holy shit, without Genie and Iago around, the Aladdin heroes are FUCKING BORING AS SHIT.

3) I get that they probably couldn't get Dan Castellaneta or Robin Williams back for a single episode, but holy shit, say Genie is on vacation again or something, don't just do... whatever the hell they did in the episode. You're telling me a pair of demons opens Genie's lamp, he PUNCHES them away (not even a lightning bolt or anything, just an outright punch), and he doesn't even bother coming out of the lamp - at the very least - ask Aladdin what the hell is going on? I know if a couple of FUCKING DEMONS attacked me in my home, I would need further information.

Attached: Genie-Punch.png (912x638, 594K)

I loved the moment where Jafar wants Hades to be mad about losing to Aladdin, and he doesn’t care.

Also, I disagree with your second point. I loved seeing Al outsmart Hercules. It’s always been a major character trait of Aladdin’s that he’s nimble and great at improvising.

>I loved seeing Al outsmart Hercules. It’s always been a major character trait of Aladdin’s that he’s nimble and great at improvising.
You misunderstand me. I'm not saying Aladdin isn't a skilled fighter or fast thinker, I'm saying he's BORING. Like, personality-wise. Without Genie's zaniness and Iago's snarky cynicism, the group has nothing but Aladdin's "I'll save you!" generic hero-ness and Jasmine's "Aladdin!"-ness.

Not that guy but I agree. As much as I love Aladdin and the show, Al himself has very little personality. He's a good guy who loves a princess, charming and clever, 20 dex, and can be insecure when courting a princess and isn't above lying to her to not come off as a poor person. With his goals complete, he's boring. He's a hero and he wants to fight bad guys, but he ultimately has less personality than the straightman.

He’s more streetwise than that, though. He has a snarky attitude to him that’s fun.

>tfw you discover Jafar's unreleased song
>tfw you discover the Aladdin x Herc episode
Thanks Yea Forums. I love you.

Genie's zaniness is great but him being around makes sure this happens in every episode: Aladdin getting flung through the air by the villain and Genie catches him before the fatal crash. EVERY. EPISODE. I think I remember Genie making a meta joke about it, pretending to read a script and making fun of it.

So I really liked Aladdin having to save the day without Genie being around to literally catch him as he fails.

And that's totally fine. But then explain why Genie's not doing... ANYTHING. What the hell sense does punching Pain & Panic in the face and then not even poking his head out to say "Huh?" make? Not even to do some wacky turning-into-an-old-person-and-saying-"Demons these days!" joke before going back into the lamp?

see

when Genie gave his power to Iago, Iago breifly contemplated ignoring the "rules"

He was immediately transported to a flaming hellscape. Something out there is watching, and obviously it is at least stronger then a freed genie. There's a system.

It was both.
youtube.com/watch?v=CK-VbToD0eM

>Jafar screaming “AND THIS THING’S BIGGER THAN THE BOTH OF US” was pretty cool,
It sure was!
I also love how the lyrics, music and voice seem to come together very well for the "But if you're not convinced that I'm invincible-" line

abysmal taste

That's what we have Akabur games for.

The problem with this movie is incoherent animation
sometimes is good sometimes is bad and poor

Attached: giphy.gif (500x383, 869K)

>Abis Mal taste

It was a shock to the system even as a kid. Looking back as an adult it's even worse.

Aladdin’s probably Disney’s best franchise based off a movie.

>One of the best animated movies
>Two solid sequels
>A good TV show
>A crossover with Hercules that’s Batman/Superman style
>A kickass broadway musical

Jafar had his chance to just let Aladdin die at the waterfall, but he spared him because he wanted to make sure Al was totally despised by all first.

Seems like the rule only states that genies can't directly kill with their powers, but they can twist it to an indirect kill if they're twisted enough.

And it was probably at its worst during the climax.

I just think that was cool how he couldn’t just fry Aladdin. Honestly making him a Genie made him less dangerous than him being a sorcerer.

that's because it was painfully obvious they were originally a TV series 4 parter pilot premiere they decided to instead merge into a direct to video movie, hence the animation is inconsistent, since the whole thing was just a pilot for the TV series.

Attached: virgenie.png (2114x1360, 187K)

(OP)

Attached: virgenie.png (2114x1360, 187K)

Alladin 5 user. Alladin 4 is about needing new glasses

Nice that you got his eight pack down.

Attached: 1552864529152.gif (600x431, 739K)

Why’d you hafta kill yourself? You could’ve done an R rated improv comedy movie

acutally would be aladdin 6. aladdin 5 is about answering the census.

Those fucking bagpipes, every goddamn time.

Not bad

>please tell me he has a podcast i can listen to

Funny you say that...

gilbertpodcast.com

The podcast is not as riotously offensive as you think it is. It's mostly Gilbert and Frank talking to old movie/TV stars and Hollywood personalities. It's still a great podcast, though.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 4.47.48 PM.png (1146x210, 601K)

I like to think of it as some rich guy being bought in to this guys story, for each trinket he buys, he gets a story from the shopkeeper. The big items represent the movies while the small knickknacks are an episode from the cartoon series (with a special greek inspired one leading to the story of Aladdin and Hercules crossing over).

In the show, Genie says he lost part of his power when Aladdin set him free. Jafar is a full genie, so he has more power.

this sounds awesome

Thanks, playing to that, a small golden cat could represent Mirage's first appearance, a golden rose with rubies as the petals could be the episode about that one flower dude, etc.

Goddamnit user, this is amazing.

>He’s only second rate

I don't understand why Genie wears the manacles after they break off at the end of the first film.

I bet this movie was made be a completely different team who just didn't give a fuck about the story of the previous movie and just made it straight from the character sheets

The weird thing about Aladdin is how little he adds to the story. He drives almost none of the scenes, but the movie is great anyway because every other character is so memorable and fun

To this day the "Grannys gonna grab you line" haunts me. What exactly does Jafar mean when he says this? Is he saying grandmas tend to grab people, and are thus like himself? Or is he saying he's seemingly harmless, like a granny, but dont underestimate him? Why would he want to associate himself with a frail old woman, let alone dress up as one? Why does Genie, in the middle of this nightmare magic fight, go over to an old woman and turn her around? I lie awake at night thinking about this shit man, I see granny Jafar climbing the walls like the fucking baby im Trainspotting

Attached: tumblr_o7cljfCLdD1smmosoo2_540.png (540x360, 154K)

Man they really forgot the tone of the genie huh

is that the reasoning of when you were a child or do you still not get the Psycho reference?

>>I see granny Jafar climbing the walls like the fucking baby im Trainspotting
My fucking sides are gone

Attached: yeah i'm out.gif (295x207, 567K)

Attached: tumblr_obwvd33Nuu1uceh88o1_540.jpg (540x478, 95K)

>DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MOVE OR WE WILL BE SHOOTING OURSELVES
Shit that's a really good line.

Since we're all in agreement that Genie made Aladdin an actual prince and not just gave him fancy clothes and a parade.
What all did Genie do when Jafar wished to just to be the Sultan of Agrhabah but THE Sultan? Is there a counsel of Sultans from across the land waiting for him to return and lead them?

He gave him Mandate of Heaven

Holy fuck user

Attached: 654324567678534.png (540x540, 75K)

Also, it just looks better.

>Drive boy Genie boy
>Dirty numb granny boy