Does this country make any Yea Forums content ?

does this country make any Yea Forums content ?

Attached: 550px-Africa_(orthographic_projection).svg.png (550x550, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CZcMBWttLKs
youtube.com/watch?v=oiFCvgfUZgM
youtube.com/watch?v=CjT9RtV9gs4
youtube.com/watch?v=oR7LQl_3P-c
youtube.com/watch?v=-6jw9S5Ym10
youtu.be/yeTJmRx7rRE
youtube.com/watch?v=UYINq59kRPU
youtube.com/watch?v=b8GjECVTdBk
youtube.com/watch?v=bAKH9R7j3EI
youtube.com/watch?v=xuAHyx3iY1s
vimeo.com/130079587#at=12
youtube.com/watch?v=Wp_7Gdf2blE
kugali.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=wgSuS3FAVhE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Byrd_Jr.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Shepard
youtube.com/watch?v=ubZA3-MTA_M
youtube.com/watch?v=fxEweP2TiMk
verlore.smackjeeves.com/comics/904752/titelblad/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Webcomic/VerloreGeleentheid
southafricancomicbooks.blogspot.com/
squidmag.ink
youtube.com/watch?v=48VH_S0BCC8
youtube.com/watch?v=mLPv8srLixU
youtube.com/watch?v=1rjcpmVK85w
youtube.com/watch?v=7k1f4ZvrZ88
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Penguins of Madagascar is pretty good.

>country

Attached: 3f2.jpg (680x680, 14K)

Wakfu was alright

The misadventures of Ebola-chan is to die for

>country
American education

>country

>country
Anyway, I've seen some pretty rough North African animation from the 70s or so, but I don't know if they really produce anything nowadays. Egypt has 100 million people to draw from but the unstable political situation there might make investment in animation less viable.
I've seen some INCREDIBLY rough animation from sub-Saharan Africa, and some puppet thing that was made in South Africa in the 80s, but in terms of actual shows and stuff I don't think their economies are there yet. Nigeria has an enormous population and is developing pretty fast though, maybe we'll see something interesting from there in 10-20 years.

He meant "any of these countries", you goobers.

The Caucasian parts produce some animations, the Black ones produce movie kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=CZcMBWttLKs

I know about wakaliwood films but that's Yea Forums stuff.

the best cartoon about Africa is from France
ALSO
before the /pol/ posters start posting IQ charts and shit, Ousmane Sembene is a great film director from Senegal and there have been several great Muslim film directors from Egypt but they are all live-action
Nigeria has a large film industry but they are mostly live-action and usually don't get distributed in the west

Attached: Kirikou_et_la_sorcière.jpg (250x352, 26K)

Yeah, I just don't think that the economy's really there yet to support true animation projects at the moment. If African manages to stay on course we might see some stuff come out of there in our lifetimes though, it'd be interesting to see what kind of animation industry might emerge there.

they made me watch this movie in 1st grade
I hated it

Does afro samurai counts?

Is clearly not anime.

Then he should say what means rather than imply through humiliating error

I don't think it's just an issue of economy. China has had a thriving film industry since the 80s but are only now beginning to make quality animated films.
Are you French? There's too much boobs for this to be shown to American first grades.

Attached: big fish and begonia.jpg (1024x576, 73K)

kaiba:
youtube.com/watch?v=oiFCvgfUZgM
Liyana:
youtube.com/watch?v=CjT9RtV9gs4
I Am Khama:
youtube.com/watch?v=oR7LQl_3P-c
Kirikou and The Sorceress:
youtube.com/watch?v=-6jw9S5Ym10
Red Origins:
youtu.be/yeTJmRx7rRE
Spider Stories:
youtube.com/watch?v=UYINq59kRPU
hiff:
youtube.com/watch?v=b8GjECVTdBk
exo:
youtube.com/watch?v=bAKH9R7j3EI
Legend Of Ngong Hills:
youtube.com/watch?v=xuAHyx3iY1s
Adama:
vimeo.com/130079587#at=12
Bilal:
youtube.com/watch?v=Wp_7Gdf2blE
and image below

Attached: 610W567fWdL._SY445_.jpg (329x445, 51K)

I meant the economy in terms of "being complex enough where a sizable amount of the population can pursue animation as a career path that full animation projects can be made". China dabbled in animation a bit in the past but it was largely state-funded projects, which aren't really so viable in most African nations. Development and internal stability are the real key issues that hold Africa back insofar as having their own advanced media institutions. Nigeria's a clear exception, but they're also the largest country in the continent by far in terms of both economy and population, and the southern half of the country is relatively stable, especially around Lagos.

Africans are muslims right, I wonder if they will censor more or less than china if they get there

There is not a single african nation with any kind of comic or animation industry.

yes

UGOJESSE

A lot of these are pretty interesting, but Bilal was produced in the UAE and Kirikou was a French production.

Only the northern third and along the east coast, the southern 2/3 is predominantly Christian with some small animist holdouts.

Interesting

YOU FORGOT ABOUT GHANA
TWENTY SIXTEEN

does it matter who paid for the production?
I thought we evaluated animation and storytelling

The OP was asking for animation made in Africa specifically, not animation featuring African themes.

Ugojesse is pure.

Attached: 0.jpg (1200x1200, 220K)

Did you know that Africa is a continent?

but they were MADE in africa.
and MADE by african people
a diferent company paid for it to be made.

Is this supposed to be funny because I laughed

Kirikou was made in France and Bilal was made in the UAE, the animation studio was set up in Dubai. Granted they were both directed by people from Africa.

oh,ok.
I can't argue that

Attached: V14AARU.jpg.png (1440x1715, 518K)

Attached: ugo.png (600x600, 605K)

>country
These are the kind of people that make these threads.

Sure

Attached: images.jpg (285x177, 23K)

If you can’t tell it’s an esl poster you’re the retard.

Attached: 17ff9da701321afce043c0dc0e6b7330.jpg (1080x1080, 173K)

This. Space before the question mark is a pretty standard sign of a Francophone poster, French is the only language I'm aware of where that's standard.

>nothing personal, my love

That's deep

Unironically makes you think

There's very little in Kirikou that was made by Africans. Mostly music, voice acting and minor parts of animation.

Michel Ocelot isn't African, but he did live in Guinea as a child.

that'd be a neat album cover

Post more Ugojesse.

Attached: Dftxi-2XUAAnoau[1].jpg (1200x1200, 155K)

Don't know what this one is trying to say.

Attached: DcGz2KBX0AEPWsH[1].jpg (1200x1200, 239K)

He was born in Africa m8, he's African by the non-racial definition.

The woman is acting like a child and gets BTFO by the child that's using her own logic from earlier
I think

Attached: DaM9R5AWkAAzJ1G[1].jpg (1200x1200, 231K)

>Becareful so you don't play yourself ,the heart of man is wicked #ugojesse

Attached: DZ63C6SWAAE6W8m[1].jpg (1200x1200, 175K)

He was born in Villefranche-sur-mer, Southern France.

thanks for the recs

Ah shit you're right. Nix Kirikou being African in any way but themes then.

Attached: Oh my mistake.jpg (172x227, 16K)

This. black animators are so talented.

I think he meant "any of these ex-colonial wastelands with arbitrary borders and no culture."

>before nazi LARPers post statistics about averages, let me talk about my anecdotal experience with outliers that disprove nothing

America?

only because wypipo stole all of it, though

Disney did an entire film about Africa that's more advanced than the rest of the world. I'm honestly shocked that Wakada isn't producing Disney-quality animation.

The problem with African states is that those arbitrary borders overlap too many cultures, not that they don't have any. It'd probably be easier if they DIDN'T have any culture, because then there wouldn't be so many conflicts.

based. A Yea Forums hero.

>It'd probably be easier if they DIDN'T have any culture
Absolutely, just check China

>ex-colonial
Stop defending imperialist constructs, bigot.

Am I the only one who reads this with an accent?

>implying this is bait

You poor lad.

The conflicts in Africa are hardly cultural.

the child actually wants the leftover food and the woman actually wants space to have sex.

I've gone to a couple of manga conventions in North Africa with a ton of "original french language" and "original arabic language" manga by local creators. It's a sizable subculture there. Most of it is webcomic-tier but it's still growing.

Attached: algeria_manga.jpg (655x430, 48K)

That's like wondering why SEA doesn't produce any AAA-level video games. Such a recreational product requires an educated populace skilled in certain fields of the entertainment industry, which requires professionals, housing areas with the proper facilities, telecommunications, computers, commuting, which also entails a functioning infrastructure, political stability to ensure such funding and projects are invested in the appropriate areas, and a population not suffering from crime, war, drugs, poverty, or malnutrition.

Are you able to see now why a continent like Africa is more concerned with ensuring their people are actually fed, sheltered, educated, and has access to running water and plumbing than they do about whether or not they're making a rip-off of MCU?

But he didn't talk about his personal experience you colossal retard, he talked about the actual topic of the thread.

Tell all that to the USSR

kugali.com/

Some countries within that vast continent do have a significant level of development and commercial infrastructure.
What they don't have is distribution to anglophone markets.

What do you need for comics?
>Artists
>Storytellers
>Paperback publishers
>An audience to buy entertainment products

There are plenty of countries on the upswing now where comics can take root. In the case of webcomics the ceiling is even lower. Someone in Ghana or Gabon is making comics surely; us here in Yea Forums just don't know about it.

I love Ugojesse so much. He reminds me of Lazorbot, in a way.

USSR actually had a pretty fucking educated population even if their freedom of expression was highly restricted and living conditions were shit. It's like how Ukraine is one of the poorest and lest-developed countries in Europe but has the highest percentage of people with a degree in computing, shit standard of living doesn't necessarily mean shit education

Threadly recommendation. There's also a cartoon adaptation but I can't vouch for it.

Attached: 91xnnb4o6ZL.jpg (1813x2560, 877K)

To be fair, I don't know any other continent that's trying to make their own MCU. You think a shared fictional universe film franchise would take root by now in other continents, but it hasn't. I don't see any European countries, China, Russia, or Japan or any other developed country trying to emulate Marvel's success. Foreigners just seem more content with Marvel/Disney selling their cultures to the world.

I was more referring to all the other criteria you named. Soviet animation was also helped by the propaganda aspect.

Or Hungary. Marcell Jankovics is a god.

I wasn't that user, but I think I see what you were getting at now.

Most countries don't really do big budget action blockbusters, too liable to flop without the worldwide reach of Hollywood. That being said wouldn't some Super Sentai qualify for a shared universe?

But SEA produces some really good indie horror games, saying that things have to be AAA or they don't exist is disingenuous.

Yeah Ethiopia in particular is SUPER catholic. Like the kind of catholic that is so catholic, other catholics can't even stand them. There's one in every church but this is a whole country of them.

Ethiopia isn't even remotely Catholic, it's Orthodox. I don't know where you heard that they were Catholic, but that's dead wrong.

Ok so that then. It's all the same really.

Catholicism and Orthodox Christianity exist because of a massive divide in doctrine, they're the same in the sense that they follow the same basic teachings but if one were to outright equate the two one might as well just lump Protestantism in too.

Lol.

Yeah most people do. It's all Christianity, anyone who isn't a Christian doesn't really care about the different sects. Hell most Christians don't.

>Hell most Christians don't.
Reminder that one generation ago it was a big deal that a Roman Catholic was nominated for president.

And two generations ago Protestants and Catholics intermarrying was really frowned on

Attached: 1522360872679.gif (1280x720, 874K)

Not in America it wasn't.

user
Of all days
On St. Patrick's fucking Day
You'd suggest that Christian's themselves don't bother to care about sects
Fucking JFK had to give radio addresses to the American public to describe how Catholicism was different and how he wasn't a slave to the Pope just 70 years ago, within living memory

In America is absolutely was, it's part of the reason the Irish were originally so frowned upon as an immigrant group. You have no idea what you're talking about

A generation is 20 years, why the fuck are you bringing up shit from the 1800s?

See , and it was still widely frowned upon until the 1980s. A big part of why Irish "plastic paddy" culture exploded then was precisely because it was more excepted to be Catholic in the US at that time. Even then, the US hardly represents the global Christian community at large, and the 1980s and 1990s were full of examples of sectarian Christian violence. The song "Zombie" is entirely about that.

>I have never heard of the Troubles: The Post

Ahahahah, fucking what? I grew up in the South where people asked you if you were "Catholic or Christian", Christians absolutely care about sects you retard.

And that was 40 years ago. It's a distant memory now.

In the south people marry their first cousin. Of course the backwards hicks would care about stupid shit like that.

From Cartoon Network Africa, Garbage Boy and Trash Can and Ugandan Knuckles

youtube.com/watch?v=wgSuS3FAVhE

>40 years ago
>"Distant"
Jesus fucking Christ are you even old enough to be posting here? The fucking Yugoslav wars which were occurring at the same time were staged largely on accusations of fascist sympathies from other groups due to memories of ethnic cleansing during WWII, which occurred 50 years prior. An entire country of over 35 million people disintegrated over that shit, 40 years is nothing.

And 20 years ago we were dragging faggots behind trucks. Times change quick.

>we were dragging faggots routinely behind trucks in 1999
you have to be 18 to post here.

Confirmed either underage or ignorant as shit, in 1999 that shit would hardly fly even is homosexual marriage was still frowned upon in the US specifically. The global Christian community represents over 2 billion people of 3 major religious schools of thought spread across the entire planet, you're vastly oversimplifying things. The relative peace of the last 20 years in Christianity is neither anything new nor anything guaranteed to last, and doesn't represent a complete lack of regard for sectarian divides.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Byrd_Jr.

Ok kids, time for bed it's a school night.

Whoops wrong one
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Shepard

While the comic and the movie are french, the writer/director is from Ivory Coast.

Attached: 1543417234072.jpg (1104x1500, 607K)

>Lone incident that resulted in the fucking death penalty means that thing was socially accepted
The link you posted even lists specific contemporary rebukes of the events, that's like linking to the New Zealand shooting and saying that shooting Muslims is accepted nowadays. Fuck off.

It was like every other month at the time.

Not sure if this counts, but the artist for Kayin & Abeni was born and raised in Senegal although he currently live in France.

Might give it a try, what's it about? A tribal/rural girl who tries to adapt to life in da big city?

Jeeze settle down grandpa. Nobody gives a shit about some some dusty old boomers.

Attached: Kayin & Abeni issue 1-15.png (1654x2339, 1.41M)

>Nobody gives a shit about sectarian conflict spanning generations
Tell that to the Middle East you stupid fucking tripfag, you don't even have to be that old to know about the Troubles.

>giving a shit about mongoloids who are still butthurt about shit that happened over a thousand years ago

>The Troubles
>Over a thousand years ago
Oof, yikes, cringepilled, buzzword. Sasuga tripfaggot.

She's a city girl dealing with the typical young adult issues in Abidjan in the late 1970s.

Attached: kariba.jpg (1200x1727, 786K)

Seems about right

Spotted the /pol/cuck

Eh, it's really more an ethnic/nationalist conflict. Adherence to Protestantism or Catholocism is just a way to easily differentiate between the native Irish (Catholic) and mainly Scottish settlers that came from the UK after Britain conquered Ireland (Protestant) because you'd never be able to tell the fucking difference any other way.

Just as an fyi there have been a lot more conflict between Catholics and Protestants than just the troubles.

I grew up reading this when it was a one page comic at the back of the sunday newspaper. Had no idea it got an animated series though.
youtube.com/watch?v=ubZA3-MTA_M

Attached: supastrikas.jpg (753x1024, 189K)

>user implying it's bait is a brainlet
>OP is an even bigger brainlet

the absolute state of /co

>No culture
I'll give the borders, but Africa has culture especially North Africa.

I'm fully aware that's the case HISTORICALLY, yeah. I mean here in Bongland we were burning one or the other at the stake depending on who the monarch was, but that was about 500 years ago. My post was only in relation to the Norn situation, where religion is only really used as an excuse to settle scores in a conflict between Irish and British nationalists.

Majority of its produced in South Africa. Also a lot of international studios hire South African studios to produce their content because they're cheaper.

Fair enough.
t. Country had a Catholic vs Protestant civil war

wow you are fucking stupid.

I can point out where Chad is on a map now thanks to that meme.

Oh shit. I didn't know that was from Africa

Some vintage South African puppetry
youtube.com/watch?v=fxEweP2TiMk

verlore.smackjeeves.com/comics/904752/titelblad/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Webcomic/VerloreGeleentheid

>Verlore Geleentheid ("Lost Opportunity") is a webcomic written in Afrikaans (with English translations in the comments) about Louwrens Labuschagne, a South African courier who stumbles upon a secret military base and is accidentally sent to a planet similar to the country he just left, except inhabited by a species resembling anthropomorphic dogs. Transformed into a 13-year-old of the native species, Louwrens fakes amnesia and manages to hide his true origins.
>Three years later, Jane Onoda, a survivor of Atlantis, destroyed 10,000 years ago by the Om-Ankh (aka humanity), is thawed out and joins Louwrens' class. Unfortunately, she's a little obsessed with finding what happened to the species who nuked her homeworld.

It's not worth it, it's not even properly bad. By far the most interesting thing that happened was a character switching to "heavily accented English" to shit talk his friend.
... Also I think the author got bored of his premise at some point because it turned out the protagonist is some kind of biological-machine sleeper agent, the space humies attack, the protagonist tells the girl he's human but one of the good ones, gets mag-dumped for his troubles, survives, and after a time skip he's a cyborg and she's in command of a space ship, and then they're quickly back on Earth. Again, way less interesting than I'm making out.

Attached: dbe9bed2cpDFy.png (840x1899, 625K)

I liked the lion king, but I heard is a straight rip-off of one of Tezuka's works

All I can think about is how fucked their feet/legs would be if they took a spill on that bike. Like, you never plan on crashing, but what if your tire blows out, shit happens, put some damn protective gear.

>JFK had to give radio addresses to the American public to describe how Catholicism was different and how he wasn't a slave to the Pope just 70 years ago
And Pope did not like that. Bam, motherfucker.

>be sub-Saharan comic book publisher outside of South Africa
>depend on Kickstarter
This:
>implying he knows shit about comic books

Attached: D1FPj93XgAEmYLx.jpg?name=orig.jpg (640x640, 101K)

Naija represent
Fuck buhari

Kaiba is legit

No, Africa is more of 50/50 split between Christians and Muslims

Muslims live in the north(wonder why the north is way more fucked up, huh?), Christians in the south and west.

They don't make Yea Forumsntent they are the Yea Forumsntent

Attached: 41147675-22fc-4d98-bfee-ced3811a0c65.png (575x572, 421K)

>wonder why the north is way more fucked up, huh?
Autocrats, my friend. I hear Tunisia's doing pretty well governance-wise, and so is Morocco (unless I'm too in my English-speaking bubble to be unaware of otherwise)...

Rhodesia/South Africa used to have an ok comic industry in the 50's and 60's. I doubt any of those publishers are still around however.
Here's a blog dedicated to South African comics.
southafricancomicbooks.blogspot.com/

Attached: JetJungle.jpg (813x1127, 213K)

>conflating "does X have Y?" with "why doesn't X have Y?"
>creative people can't exist in poor environments
>nobody cares about entertainment in poor countries
It's a continent's worth of people user. Their not all starving in the jungle or dying on beds waiting for charities to film them for commercials.

Attached: 1497275496-c51nlo6wcaasrnu.jpg (1199x849, 354K)

If people are still alive today that remember it or took part in it, then it is by no means a distant memory.

Hence why no one really gives a shit about the First World War nowadays. Everything post-1930 is still relatively fresh, since WW2 and its aftermath still shape our world today

There is life action movies from Nigeria on youtube. They are super bad.
Maybe in 20 years they make something good.

you know what I'm going to say it i actually think he is this retarded

I remember the cartoon being broadcast in Poland, at one point there were even huge-ass ads in the Warsaw metro announcing a new season.

>Wakaliwood
>Bad

Attached: 1523768652609.png (984x551, 1.13M)

If you are into so bad its good movies then it's a gold mine but else....

>OP is American who believe that Africa is country

Imagine being this fucking retarded

Attached: 1536543340158.png (4000x4000, 84K)

Attached: 1437472770720.jpg (500x600, 174K)

Some of these actually produced in Africa, but a lot of them seem to be from other places in the world, and most of them being France.

They are definitely African inspired, with a lot of them being worked on by people from Africa, but not a lot of them were actually created there.

There's an animation site I've just found which is dedicated to African Yea Forumsntent. It's called squidmag.ink

Here's some recent projects on the site for animation.
youtube.com/watch?v=48VH_S0BCC8
youtube.com/watch?v=mLPv8srLixU
youtube.com/watch?v=1rjcpmVK85w
youtube.com/watch?v=7k1f4ZvrZ88

Honestly I'm really happy to find out about this stuff.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 6.18.33 PM.png (792x478, 609K)

I'm surprised Yea Forums hasn't jumped on Mama K's Super 4 yet, actually. These are some cute designs.

Attached: mamaks_super4-1280x600.jpg (1280x600, 152K)

Attached: mamaks_super4_a.jpg (800x714, 35K)

Attached: mamaks_super4_b.jpg (800x644, 33K)

Attached: mamaks_super4_c.jpg (800x644, 29K)

Attached: mamaks_super4_d.jpg (800x589, 31K)

>An african Cartoon with superheros and stuff
Sounds neat
>Googles it only to realize there is nothing recent as of from 2017.

Attached: pup.png (302x271, 88K)