Embarassing

Embarassing

Attached: jjAMYlb_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.jpg (640x193, 17K)

Holy fuck that's awful

Embarassing that one of the the most unpredictable-yet-compelling Marvel villainesses is portrayed completely wrong in every movie appearance she gets.

She's not a villain you idiot. She's a hero duh

what does that suppose to do with anything?

I hope future mystiques are just all blue, no scales with all yellow eyes.

Attached: EE28ECF0-991B-4079-91E6-88D914E9F8EC.jpg (600x320, 22K)

Only when it suits her interests, and then she kills you the moment she's done playing nice.

What gets me the most is like Gamora and Nebula are literally right there. How is Mystique getting worse when those two can get body painted up just fine

She’s played by a diva who got too much attention and feels she’s too good for the makeup. Karen Gillian is just happy for the work and Zoe Saldana is probably just happy to not wear all the avatar mocap shit

Can Feige make a secret wars movie where they blow up Fox X-men universe for good?Please?

>She's not a villain you idiot. She's a hero duh
Even if that wasn't retarded, that doesn't change the fact that holly fuck that's awful

First one looks the worst

Can we stop with the goddamn scales?

Fuck you

in all fairness to the producers I know that the woman who played the blue chick in farscape had to stop because all the paint was ruining her liver.

considering Jlaw is never sober I'd get some cheap CG in instead rather than have her tell everyone the role almost killed her liver.

because jlaw bitched about the bodypaint. so instead they used a bad looking suit and terrible cgi

The fat face ruined it temporarily
I wonder why they're allergic to giving anyone smooth blue skin, having to add scales or scars to everyone, EXCEPT beast who is SUPPOSED to be furry, and HE gets smooth skin.
I mean the movie mystique design was creative, but ... the comic look was so iconic, and SO easy to mimic in live action, why didnt they even try?

>all the paint was ruining her liver.
what, it wasnt just acrylic? nobody uses toxic metal paint anymore

The problem is JLaw is a stuck up bitch who thinks she's too good to wear the make-up
Rebecca Romijn didn't have a problem going around in nothing but blue body paint because that was what the role required of her and Kelsey Grammer appeared in full Beast make-up for a 30 second cameo in Days of Future Past, those are real actors who are dedicated to their craft

>I mean the movie mystique design was creative, but ... the comic look was so iconic, and SO easy to mimic in live action, why didnt they even try
For the same reason they got rid of the yellow spandex: gotta make it look "tacticool" and "realistic".

that was back when they still made buildings from asbestos

Can we just kill her? Having to have a "oh no, that character's actually Mystique" moment in every movie is getting old.

Making her a nudist was genius

Replacing the original actress was a mistake. And yeah she's older now but still.

user, most likely she’s going to get killed in the new movie at the hands of Jean

She looks great in 2019 still.

Attached: rebecca-romijn-s2-star-trek-discovery-premiere-2-header777-1.jpg (777x437, 252K)

I like this chart. You can see the amount of fucks given lower each movie. This is a perfect image of the franchise's downfall.

Not only did JLaw not look as good in the part, RRS out-acted her in the role too. That had to hurt.

Attached: jzzjnnfoj5g11.jpg (2901x2048, 1.13M)

Yep. I don't know if it metal paint, but the makeup was too hard on her*. She came back in the 4th season for one episode, but you could tell they changed the paint substantially. It's also why the guy who played Rev Bem in Andromeda had to suddenly drop out halfway through the second season; the makeup was causing him health issues.

*it's POSSIBLE (completely unverified theorizing here) that that was the result of the change to the makeup they had to do after the early 1st season episode 'They've Got A Secret'. In one of the closing scenes Virgina Hey, gets choked up in the moment and starts crying. She and teh producers really liked the idea her of being more emotive in the role of Zhaan, so they had to change her body paint to something that wouldn't wash away, something that the makeup crew didn't like, since it a) meant more work for them and b) their options for waterproof body paint were more limited. So it MIGHT have been the change to the waterproofs that had the effect on her but again, that's only my guess.

>RRS out-acted her in the role too. That had to hurt.
RRS was willing to wear complete yellow sclerotics for Mystique but they irritated her eyes too badly and the vfx people weren't competent enough to realistically digitally replace them in post. She would have worn the white dress with the skulls, too.