Who are some of the happy couples in comics, whose relationship isn't plagued by cheating or abuse or just bad writing?

Who are some of the happy couples in comics, whose relationship isn't plagued by cheating or abuse or just bad writing?

Attached: Black-Canary-Green-Arrow-Kiss-Comics.jpg (1400x700, 183K)

Green Arrow and Black Canary were toxic as fuck in Rebirth under Percy, with Black Canary constantly shitting on Green Arrow for anything and everything. Not to mention that Green Arrow over the years have cheated on Black Canary several times.

Kent and Inza Nelson are mostly okay.

Sue and Ralph.

But bad writing killed them and turned them into crime solving ghosts.

>Green Arrow and Black Canary
>happy
>not plagued by cheating
Literally all of the Big Name romances have involved cheating.
>Jean & Cyclops
Jean flits with Logan, she dies, Scott marries Maddie, abandons her for Jean, then cheats on her with Emma while Jean still flirts with Logan, and years later gets SHITTED by Bishop. Not to mention that as Jeen she fucked around with Beast.
>Aquaman & Mera
Arthur cheated with Dolphin and then Mera quasi-cucked him with a shitfishman.
>Reed & Sue
Constantly flirts with Namor, and they're a generally dysfunctional couple.
>Batman & Anyone
It always ends in disaster.
-
Ralph & Sue are good. Superman and Lois are mostly okay. Barry/Iris and Wally/Linda too. Honestly, Stark and Bethany Cabe had a really good thing going until she backed away for reasons relating to "muh duty".

Attached: 3321688-bethany_cabe_h.jpg (600x619, 234K)

>Jean flits with Logan, she dies
She didn't do the flirting until after she died and came back. Before then it was depicted as being very much a one-sided crush on Logan's part that he eventually had to get over.

Still flirted with him. Still got shitted later on. Still retroactively lead Beast on. Scott was the bigger cunt of the too, but she wasn't some saint.

>Green Arrow and Canary

The final issue of his run released just a few weeks ago ended with Black Canary being forced to leave Ollie because he's a fucking retard who kept everything from her.

it was a good event, stay mad

>and years later gets SHITTED by Bishop
alternate continuity that get retconned in the same event

It's more like a divergent reality. And it still happened. Jean's a coalburning whore.

I feel sorry for Bishop. Nobody deserves being subjected to Jean Grey.

You haven't heard what Gail Simone did to them during the New 52, have you?

Actually, Chris Claremont retconned in X-Men Classics that Jean always had the hots for Wolverine from day one after meeting him, she was just afraid of the consequences of pursuing her feelings.

To be honest, Claremont was extremely butthurt about Marvel bringing Jean back and undoing the nice ending he gave Scott with Maddie.

I think Liberty Belle & Hourman are minor enough that writers don't need to mess with their relationship for drama.

Attached: Libby & Hourman.jpg (490x433, 64K)

Swamp Thing and Abigail.

John Constantine fucked Abigail and cummed inside her.

The best friend and the bitchiest Promethea in Promethea seemed pretty happy with their quasi-nec-romance.

Tom and Dahlua Strong are a peachy-keen pair, too.

Look at this fag, he didn't read Swamp Thing past Moore's run!

>cummed
Why not say came? Cummed sounds like some 12yo shit imo

He cummed in her, like i cummed in your mother.

Do these blokes count?

>pic related

Attached: CainAbel.png (247x292, 56K)

Haha good point, dad

I prefer middle aged Dinah/Ollie from longbow hunter era
But maybe that's just me

Corvus Glaive and Proxima Midnight have one of the healthiest marriages in comics.

>Still retroactively lead Beast on.

All of the modern teen O5 comics being inserted into their past really hurts Jean and Bobby the worst. It also opens the door for Hank to become a wizard again.

Good job guys, on NOT noticing that this thread was made by an editor from either MarLEL or DC, looking for more happy couples to break apart.

Superman and Lois Lane.

Villain couples tend to be healthier because they appear less, writers don't break them up for DRAMA! because readers don't care enough about them, and they don't get subjected to cuckold-fetish cheating stories either for the same reasons.

That relationship really exploded.
And Collins thought that having them divorce was a better idea that the Vertigo editor's suggestion of just killing off Abby and Tefe.

I suppose it's a small consolation that the last pre-FP Swamp Thing series ended with them getting back together.

It was a bad event, keep sucking cocks

Attached: Ditko is NOT up for your bullshit.jpg (331x350, 74K)

Were they actually together as a couple? It's been a while since I read it, but I do remember it ending with them looking at the sunset together.
I remember just a few issues earlier (Abby's 50th) they were starting to talk again, but weren't a couple.

>Were they actually together as a couple?
Well they were holding hands and hugging, so I'd assume so. Think the suddenness of it is more down to the writer having to wrap things up with short notice than anything else.

Black Widow and Bucky were a healthy, supportive, well-matched couple until Brubaker fucked up the ending to his Winter Soldier run.

I think Scarlet Witch and Brother Voodoo are the only currently "happy" couple that haven't had a lot of troubles but that's partially because their relationship exists entirely in the background.

>I think Scarlet Witch and Brother Voodoo are the only currently "happy" couple that haven't had a lot of troubles but that's partially because their relationship exists entirely in the background.

We don't know anything about what they're like together, it's impossible to tell if it's positive or negative because it exists entirely off-panel, and exists only because Marvel's writers and editors are going to fight to the death to resist MCU Wanda/Vision synergy. Nobody has yet been given any reason to be invested in them as a couple in a positive way. Zub rushed them from their first ever on-panel conversation being flirting to a first kiss within 5 issues, and neither has had a 'home' title since Uncanny Avengers ended in 2017, so they're stuck in a holding-pattern with the last status quo they were in, and it's unlikely that the 5 remaining issues of No Road Home will change anything, but Duggan taking Jericho for Savage Avengers might.

Well there is abuse in that relationship.

got him

Animal Man and his wife, easy answer OP. The guy's so faithful he spent months marooned in space with a half (and often fully) naked Starfire, the biggest semon demon in the cosmos, and never fucked her.

Wanda's about to get Barbarianed.

She's about to get the Savage Sword of Conan, if you get my meaning.

Gwenpool and Kid Omega

Unless another writer specifically references that last Secret Six run, I refuse it as cannon. Same with Gail's Plastic Man.

Static and Frieda are a happy couple I guess but they don’t get together until Milestone Forever. When see them together they’re happy. They have kids. Virgil is a successful doctor. Frieda is hot. Before Milestone Forever they had a good relationship. No drama, or bad writing.

Attached: A374E9D2-AD58-45FF-8B21-36C35A909F24.jpg (630x452, 84K)

Because pairing her up with a new guy has ever been a good idea? Writers need to not use heroines as notches on the bedpost of whatever hero they're pushing.

Please tell me Gambit and his wife are still happy

Gambit and Rogue?

They were doing okay last I saw.

Hopefully....

Rogue almost cheated on Gambit with Magneto in an attempt to self-sabotage.

Speaking of which, Absorbing Man and Titania.

And that was after Rogue straight-up left Gambit to die in Antarctica after she found out he was involved in the Mutant Massacre.

No, i'm talking recently after their wedding. The Mr. and Ms X book. She came on to Magneto. Magneto, though, acted classy, and told her to work it out with her newly wed husband.

Midnighter and Apollo, I guess. Even if Apollo is barely a proper character.

x-men is and always will be a cesspool of degeneracy

Best couple coming through

Attached: 3D437E3A-4218-4016-9002-4F95C5386E90.png (1330x770, 1.25M)

Isn't that literally what happened with Arrow for Olicity?

Having made and observed this thread, I probably would have gotten more answers as to who was the most fucked up couple in comics. Oh well, next time.

it's the nature of the beast. 80 years worth of baggage. having said that, superman and lois has always been the highwatermark for comic book couples (although they themselves aren't 100% pure)

Yeah, I probably should have mentioned pic not related when posting Ollie and BC. I just didn't have any other comics couple image on me at the time.

Sure, but I'm pointing out that their relationship has always had issues. I'm also leaving out the time that Mystique literally tried to cuck Rogue to prove that Gambit wasn't a good partner, and the best part is that it worked.

Guy Gardner and Ice

Nope.

>Conan screams "FOUL SORCERER!" as he climaxes

>Because pairing her up with a new guy has ever been a good idea?
It's a good idea when the current one is fucking dull, has had no development over the past two years of its existence, and is continuing to go nowhere fast.

Last time I saw them they put up a good fight against the "superior" six.

It's a double-standard that it's not also true for men, but it's a fact that in comics and in the real world, the more lovers a woman has, the less she appeals to men. Giving any heroine a short-term love that won't last is always a bad idea, especially when fans just want her back with her first.

Mystique disguised herself as a teenager, and tried to seduce Gambit, did they actually confirm if she succeeded?

>Literally all of the Big Name romances

Clark spent 1000 years with Diana in an alternate dimension version of Ragnarok and remained faithful to Lois. Even in AU or elseworld versions of comic realities, Superman is faithful to whomever he is with (be it Diana or Lana, etc.)

Attached: Fleischer-Superman-lois-lane.jpg (620x350, 29K)

>Mystique disguised herself as a teenager, and tried to seduce Gambit

And when it didn't work she shapeshifted in to Rogue and told him that he could root her without him having to worry about Rogue's powers.

>did they actually confirm if she succeeded?

They didn't confirm that he did fuck her, but at the same time he tried to keep the whole thing a secret from Rogue, and when she found out she wound up dumping him, which is exactly what Mystique wanted in the first place.

There's a reason nobody likes to talk about Milligan's X-Men.

Wonder Woman cheated on him during the New 52.

wonder woman doesn't deserve clark

Superman fucked Parasite when he was disguised as Lois Lane. Lois Lane almost cheated on Superman before marrying him. Superman also almost cheated on Lois with Wonder Woman several times.

I did say Supes and Lois are mostly good user, read further. But that's kinda unfair; Clark is just too pure.

This doesn't look pure.

Attached: Legends of the DC Universe 031 Wonder Woman (2000).cbr-lotdcu-031-22.jpg (964x1510, 310K)

I'm not asking for her to pull a Dick Grayson and find a new nob to polish with every arc, but I'd at least like someone different since Brother Voodoo is fucking dull as dishwater. People will get over her having multiple partners if the pairing is written well. Everyone loves Rogue, and she's practically the X-Men team bicycle with all the relationships she's been in.

Well, I've never read Superman books; I just went by what Yea Forums has told me in those weekly Superfag threads. Guess I was wrong.

Well... you're not, per see. Is that DC writers felt bored and constrained by the Superman & Lois marriage after awhile and that's when the SMWW tease would pop up with disastrously bad results that would cast pretty much every character involved in a bad light.

>but I'd at least like someone different since Brother Voodoo is fucking dull as dishwater.

Most writers aren't going to put two magic users on the same Avengers squad, so it's likely to end as soon as someone wants to use one of them for an ongoing book.

> People will get over her having multiple partners if the pairing is written well. Everyone loves Rogue, and she's practically the X-Men team bicycle with all the relationships she's been in.

Who else after Gambit and Magneto? Everyone hated that Sentry retcon and tried to ignore it. She's kissed some other men, not sure she had sex with anyone else though. People never get over that if they think it was the wrong man.

And when they finally got done away with the classic marriage and had the opportunity to make their SMWW dream pairing a reality, they felt constrained by that and started to tease Superman (Batman, Lois, Lana, Cat) and Wonder Woman (Steve, Orion, Batman) with everyone else.

In other words, comics writers are people that can't conceive the idea of a loving, stable, faithful couple, and the only possible relationship problems they can think of are teasing one or both parties cheating.

That was more due to half of the writers actively hating having to play along with it, with Orion's case specifically being because Azarello just straight-up refused to acknowledge that SMWW was even happening.

>and the only possible relationship problems they can think of are teasing one or both parties cheating.
Pretty much. Or one or the other going insane in the membrane and doing something violently idiotic or cruelly evil. Or villains trying to break them up like made-for-TV romcom movie villains for reasons.

>with Orion's case specifically being because Azarello just straight-up refused to acknowledge that SMWW was even happening.
To be fair, Dan Didio promised him creative control of Wonder Woman and didn't even tell him they were planning to hook the character up with Superman. He learned about it during a comic-con when someone asked him about the news.

Oh I don't blame him, I'd rather he just ignore it rather than half-ass it like basically everyone else did, like Soule did when he was told to write Superman/Wonder Woman, which was supposed to sell people on the pairing in the fucking first place.

Wait, what? I need context for this horseshit.

Scott Lobdell in his Superman run turned a kiss between Wonder Woman and Orion in Brian Azzarello's Wonder Woman run into something potentially more romantic than it was, with Wonder Woman keeping her relationship with Orion and the incident a secret from Superman. He never developed on this, but then he was much more invested in teasing Lois and Cat as a potential affair Superman could embark on.

Attached: 19.jpg (1440x2214, 624K)

This is just so stupid, I've never been a big reader of DC comics in general, just enough to know the general stuff, but this New 52 shit is off-putting.

Then again, Marvel likes to fuck around with its couples too much as well. Look at Peter and Gwen, retroactively making her cheating and having Osborn's kids. Or how MJ and Gwen made out with Flash in front of their boyfriends when he was going off to join the army.

Then Geoff Johns in his Justice League run had Wonder Woman reveal to a very much still hung-up Steve Trevor that she didn't considered what she and Superman had as romantic, but more of a friends with benefits thing, with her and Steve almost making out following it before a very irked Superman showing up to cut them off.

Attached: Justice League 46 (2015) (2 covers) (Digital) (1988px) (Thornn-Empire).cbr-Justice League Vol01 046 (1988x3056, 1.14M)

>to cut them off
By severing their bodies in half, yes?

Geoff Johns in his Justice League run and Charles Soule in his Superman/Wonder Woman run also teased some weird thing between Batman and Wonder Woman with hints of some past relationship between them and Batman still nurturing some feelings, with Superman possibly being somewhat aware of it because of him constantly showing himself insecure about measuring up to Batman or Batman stealing Wonder Woman from him. It's several pages of this shit so i'll just post some random ones.

This, by the way, just dealing from Wonder Woman's side. Superman was almost humping Lois, Lana, and Cat in his own books as well. It was a complete shit-show.

Attached: Justice League 023 (2013) (2 covers) (1988px) (digital-Empire).cbr-Justice League (2011-) 023-009.jp (1988x3056, 2.44M)

Nah. Superman would always act as a super understandably boyfriend that believes in his girlfriend above all else, despite what he had just seen, and then he'd hide and bury all his anger and insecurity over what happened.

It fucking sucked.

Here's an example from Superman side, him getting annoyed that Lois is getting serious with her boyfriend and he won't have the chance of fucking her, this despite being in a relationship with Wonder Woman. Courtesy of Scott Lobdell in his Superman run.

Attached: Best Friends Forever.jpg (1280x846, 371K)

>It also opens the door for Hank to become a wizard again.
That's a good thing though

Please fucking stop. This shit makes Superman look like a beta orbiter.

>This shit makes Superman look like a beta orbiter.
I mean that pretty much describes most of N52 supes. The only exception is Grant Morrison's AC run, and that's because he ignored all this shit.

>with Black Canary constantly shitting on Green Arrow for anything and everything.

That's because Oliver deserves to be shit on. And he's been equally bad when it comes to cheating, going as far as fucking married women in some cases.

>Jean's a coalburning whore.

Nothing about her relationship was wrong unless you're Nate Grey tier incel.

Yeah, i agree. It's all bad. There's a reason why the Superman books started to bleed readership not long after the New 52 reboot forcing them to produce constant cross-overs between them that promised to do a wild and exciting make-over to Superman - Superman becomes Doomsday, Superman loses his powers, Superman gets his secret identities revealed world-wide, Superman's dying of super-cancer. None of it helped.
I don't know what the fuck happened. First they introduced him as a brash and broody Superman who liked to flaunt his powers, but then over time they morphed him into this insecure and whiny Superman who was constantly on the verge of dying. The fuck?

She was fucking the man that decimated billions of people to hunt her son and granddaughter.

All you're pointing out here is that they have something in common, which is just selling the idea even more.

She never tried to kill her own progeny, though.

You're right, at least Bishop had a reason for it, no matter how misguided it was, Jean committed genocide solely because she was power tripping.

And this is all still conveniently ignoring the fact here that they've both had their memories of the 616 erased and their minds altered to fit in Nate's Utopia, which presumably would include both of their actions.

It was a shitty pairing. The writer should have thought better about it. Have Bishop hook with anyone else. Why it had to be the woman who's children he tried to desperately kill? Couldn't the writer see how fucked that is?

user, all redheads must be SHITTED. How do you not know that by now?

>Couldn't the writer see how fucked that is?

Maybe that's entirely intentional

Probably. Like the Blob and Psylocke, despite normal Blob being a huge misogynist and as of late a rapist.

Man, the whole SMWW thing during the New 52 was fucked. Remember how a writer made a point in-universe of it being so awful that it ended up legit erasing Booster Gold from reality? Like it had been a calamity he failed to stop?

Why even push for a thing everyone hates and write as shitly as possible in spite?

Attached: Justice League International Annual 01 (2012) (digital-TheGroup).cbr-JLI_A1_TheGroup_035.jpg (1073x1650, 614K)

Morticia & Gomez Addams aka best couple