It's an "Anime reference" episode

>It's an "Anime reference" episode
>all of the characters have Goku/Vegeta hair and go super saiyan

Attached: 1460180346796.png (248x140, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4uiho8HLI3A
youtube.com/watch?v=Wap7nEOGsXM&t=407s
youtube.com/watch?v=mBYvbcwfL20
youtube.com/watch?v=uOmqOhGno6Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>anime ep
>references are speed racer, voltron, sailor moon, dbz, pokemon or yu-gi-oh

Attached: 1346717412924.png (623x527, 605K)

>it's a litteral rip-off of an anime

Attached: atlantide-l-empire-perdu-photo-couverture-du-film-1031366.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

>character does literally any kind of pose

Attached: abf[1].jpg (960x960, 179K)

>It's an "Anime reference" episode
>It's Akira

Attached: tumblr_mwuuu1S7fP1qf2fu4o2_500.gif (430x248, 973K)

are there Eva references?

Attached: realms_of_the_weird_6_by_cd007_d4k8l0h-fullview.jpg (600x780, 139K)

Sometimes

Attached: 77c.png (500x357, 356K)

what is this?

>it's a halloween episode
>characters miss trick-or-treating because of some inconvenience

Attached: 1B32C65D0AF7486FAEB8BAF68AD4277E.jpg (220x229, 16K)

>It's a "hack writers use references and homages to rip off ideas without getting flak for it"

Penny Parker's first appearance in the comic Spiderverse event. There were a lot of background cameo references.

Attached: 1538614599403.jpg (1312x4600, 2.56M)

That shit is so fucking lazy.

>It's a Japan episode
>the Going Merry appears sailing in the background

Attached: 67.png (795x491, 422K)

>developer shows a figure from their show
>in the background are weird r63 figures of the ghostbusters

Attached: 1552763785380.png (607x808, 629K)

What?

>It's a going to Japan episode
>everyone looks like an anime parody
>the American has thick outlines and flat colors.

>creators so boomer a Speed Racer parody

>It's an anime character parody
>It's well animated

Attached: IMG_4502.jpg (348x333, 39K)

>"this is going to be the most perfet christmas ever"
>turns out not to be the most perfect christmas ever

"Eject Especial" is the best Episode of Irmão do Jorel

>weeb is mad that their unpopular anime is not being referenced.

putting references to anime in the background of one-shot is lazy? As opposed to putting generic nobody people?
Seems like you're just upset that they were having fun with what they put in it.

Attached: 1552775922050.gif (360x360, 25K)

>Anime parody looks far prettier and more detailed than cartoons hope to look

>Hilda-eating-cucumber-sandwiches.gif

>As opposed to putting generic nobody people?
As opposed to actually creating characters.

That's at least better then everything being Speed Racer. Anime references into the 2010's still had everyone be speed racer clones

No, it's as opposed to putting generic nobody people, because these are BACKGROUND CHARACTERS dumbass.

But anime is shit

The difference between a good artist and a bad one is one who puts effort into every last inch of his work and one who doesn't.

>creating actual characters
you mean like the actual characters in the story? Again, it was a one-shot for a crossover event, and most of what happens isn't on that reference list. I'd understand if you got angry because it's lazy to have another Spider story with a Parker, but you're not.

They didn't even try hide it

Attached: fushigi-no-umi-no-nadia-full-818115.jpg (2547x3928, 962K)

Based retard

Ah yes, Prevangelion.

how so

What show is this?

>How is copy/pasting other people's characters instead of making your own lazy
Gee dunno boss
I mean like actual characters to sit in the background, your own designs and such.

>It's an anime parody
>It's actually a scene for scene recreation of something so specific that most people wouldn't get the joke for nearly a decade.

Attached: A.R.C.H.I.V.E..jpg (640x480, 28K)

Conan doesn't deserve to be posted on Yea Forums

Interesting thread, I always wanted something less entry level to be referenced but they rarely ever do it. If someone referenced Conan it'd probably be mistaken for something else.

Conan is popular, just not in America. Like that one German thing that's incredibly popular but no one outside of Germany has heard of it.

If your issue is copy pasting, why aren't you getting mad that they drew other people from marvel, including real people?

chill, they're just background characters referencing other characters, it's no big deal, it's actually fun

>everything being Speed Racer
I'm still surprised it got so much attention. I think I've seen parodies/references of it on TV more than I have the actual speed racer franchise.

explain

>Like that one German thing that's incredibly popular but no one outside of Germany has heard of it.
what is it

>he doesn't know

Attached: images.jpg (252x200, 10K)

Operation A.R.C.H.I.V.E. is a parody of The Second Renaissance from Animatrix, but that's so damn specific, that it's unlikely most kids watching would've recognized it as a parody.

It's usually
>Pokemon
>Dragonball
>Gundam (or just mecha in general)
>Sailor Moon
>Akira
>Evangelion
or if they're super lazy, just the art style in general. I might be missing a few but those are the big ones.

don't turn Yea Forumsnan into a thing.

Attached: conan photograph murder.jpg (640x480, 59K)

>r63 figures of the ghostbusters

Attached: 1428200110043.jpg (1000x1000, 69K)

name ONE (1) other occurence besides this

Attached: Kappa_Mikey.jpg (250x333, 19K)

If they consider references humor, then by all means add some fucking variety. Seeing someone go super saiyan or the Evangelion landscape hasn't been humorous in awhile, arguably at all. It doesn't have to be a Conan reference, anything other than tentacles hmmm and spiky hair tier shit would do just fine.

That said, references are no substitute for humor, I'd prefer if anime shit died off in western media but it wont because the people making it now are the girls who grew up with magical girl stuff and are into anime binge watching while making webcomics about them doing that exact stuff. Any other time its a dumb executive adding in Goku in a car commercial saying "kame hame kia no down payments."

Simpsons did it.

don't do this to me user
just tell me what it is

Attached: 1510686240252.jpg (509x625, 31K)

There's a lot of things in Germany that doesn't work/have any reason to leave the country, it was just an example. Germany has stuff like their own ALF or the looking down on you foot fetish smiles series.

youtube.com/watch?v=4uiho8HLI3A

>their own ALF or the looking down on you foot fetish smiles series
what the fuck

Attached: 1479752428848.gif (250x251, 1002K)

I'm going to be honest, I was just making up two different things, I never saw this before.

good choice user

Jorels Brother or Irmão do Jorel a brazilian cartoon
youtube.com/watch?v=Wap7nEOGsXM&t=407s

Attached: tumblr_pjmh9gOdwd1uk80wco1_1280.jpg (1200x1100, 257K)

At the very least that your company's characters, though I agree it's still lazy.
I didn't say it was a big deal, but it's still lazy.

man I forgot how many contrarian fucks were on this board

people reference what theyve seen, whats the problem

We're drowning in the same 5 jokes.

Don't know how, but the Irmao do Jorel looks far more impressing.

>German Alf
>looking down on you foot fetish smiles series
Please explain

Again, what?

Which one, you only get one.

if you grew up in the 70s the only anime you got to watch growing up were speed racer, astro boy, marine boy, kimba the white lion, and gigantor

the first 'boom' didnt happen until the early 80s

The second one, I have a rought idea on what could be the first one my bet is it's Bernd das Brot, but I have no idea on what could be the second one

>There's a fucking second renaissance in motherfucking KND
I want to rewatch the entire series now.

Attached: 12.png (751x681, 872K)

That's because most of modern animators were born in the 80's-90's those shows were trending in america at that time.

>Bernd das Brot
youtube.com/watch?v=mBYvbcwfL20
surreal

It was a Die Sendung mit der Maus segment that got its own show. A bear puppet would look down at the camera to tell stories while smiling (as part of the puppet design) and his feet would be against the screen and you'd be looking between his feet at his face.

You don't know what contrarian means.

>its an anime episode
>the thread is not dedicated to it.

wtf I watch a lot of german tv and kika as a kid but I can't even imagine what you're talking about

Exchange student Zero, it's about anime character coming to Australia

>Exchange student Zero
>yugioh character design
trash

Attached: Untitled.png (974x670, 658K)

KND is really lazy with their reference episodes honestly. Operation ARCHIVE is kind of emblematic of it. What kid is going to appreciate this as a reference?

reminded me more of stargate

Imagine anime pickling your brain so bad you don't know who Jules Verne is.

>What kid is going to appreciate this as a reference?
probably none, but it's fun for the animators and creepy adults so whatever

This show has 49 OPs and 59 EDs, is that a record?

I see what you mean
we have Daniel Jackson and Teal'c

Attached: 1552850069871.jpg (1280x720, 240K)

I'd say it's even lazier to make a low-hanging fruit reference that anyone is going to get. I appreciate something so specific, because it actually makes the handful of people who get it feel all the more special.

>flat colors
What is that?

i miss case closed

The Futurama anime parody ep. from 2011 where they are still doing anime from the 70s is conclusive proof that Matt Groening no longer has any idea what is happening in pop culture and probably never will again.

Attached: b90e46a25e2e088c15311821f2aec487.jpg (660x371, 51K)

I mean, KND did that same shit with Star Wars too, so it's not really a matter of them picking obscure shit, just them making reference episodes with whatever the writers were watching at the time.

you are a lazy cunt

I remember the stupid Infinity War Conan thread ended up being comfy.

>two stories draw heavily from Captain Nemo
>retard thinks one ripped off the other instead of recognizing their source inspiration
I bet you accuse every Journey to the West retelling as being a Dragon Ball ripoff too.

maybe they should reference what the audience has seen instead?

Microwave Warriors from Jorel's Brother are a good example of a god tier anime reference.
And the episodes they show up in are some of the best in the show

Attached: microwavewarriors.jpg (739x415, 61K)

youtube.com/watch?v=uOmqOhGno6Y

>What kid is going to appreciate this as a reference?
Good cartoonists make cartoons for themselves first and children second. Why do you think everyone loved SpongeBob's first three seasons and no one gives a fuck about Coconut Fred.

>KND is really lazy with their reference episodes honestly.
How are they lazy? Getting Star Wars tech to perfectly blend with your already established universe isn't an easy thing to do.

Gumball was the only series that actually referenced DBZ and called it "going super Saiyan" instead of making up some random words to describe it like every other show does.

Replace metal with wood or some shit, slap on a few household items and you're good. 2x4 tech was the easiest thing to do, really.

>Saint Seiya, Dragon ball, Sailor Moon and Daft Punk

this show is weird

Attached: Kaiokuken.png (550x494, 142K)

Your face is so fucking lazy

It’s terrible because anime sucks and that shit is being referenced too much.

>It's an anime references Yea Forums episode

Attached: Asobi Asobase Special.jpg (1200x675, 88K)

if cartoons are from the west
and anime is from japan

then what is it called from china or korea

Wait, Gerard Way? The guy from WHEN I WAS

Attached: zzz.jpg (400x275, 22K)

Still anime because its the same style

This was my first memory of word getting out of something directly taking from anime. I know the comparisons between Lion King and Kimba are older, but I remember even kids my age talking about it, despite the fact that I doubt that any of them had seen Nadia.

It used to be on all the time, and it was actually pretty entertaining for what it was. But MAN is it an easy target. For the record, the Dexter's Lab episode actually aired during a time when Speed Racer was on Cartoon Network so it wasn't out of nowhere.

You can tell whoever did this at least rented Iczer One from Blockbuster. We need to bring back ridiculous shoulderpads.

Attached: iczer one.jpg (480x360, 21K)

>no Dirty Pair references in cartoons

He wrote this comic

I'm pretty sure that episode only happened because Butch Hartman is a big Speed Racer fan.

>Evangelion
What cartoons besides SU have done it? Seems like western cartoons are ages behind referencing anime yet anime is pretty up to date when it references cartoons.

>then what is it called from china or korea
garbage

don't all the OPs have the same theme music? Or do they remix it?

Probably because the still from Spirited Away is a grainy, upscaled piece of shit.

Appart from that. Maybe because the castle is not CGI so It doesn't look that it doesn't match with the characters.

That's the main theme that isn't the opening song except movies, played in the series usually when something is getting resolved like Conan taking out a bad guy, but it happens less often later on. It also plays during next episode previews and the dungeon door episode titles.

OPs are like Mune no Doki Doki or Feel Your Heart. The OPs and EDs used to be great now you get some decent ones here and there.

one solid color, no shading or anything that implies definition,detail or even shape.
Think something like Rick and Morty or Family guy.

hah nice

>cartoon references anime with suspicious similarities

Attached: MV5BMzVkMDU1NTAtNGU4YS00ZmMzLWI0MDMtMGRjZmQ3YzAwMDg0L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk2NDYyMTk@._V1 (1280x720, 77K)

There weren't magic crystals or a lost underwater kingdom in 20,000 Leagues Beneath the Sea.

>it's a non-Totoro Ghibli reference

Attached: 1551140784237.png (1451x987, 1.84M)

Badly drawn, the parody i can try to do this better if this still up for tomorrow.

>It's a mecha anime reference episode
>Only reference NGE....and not the tonnes of better mecha series.