Doom Patrol Appreciation Thread

Doom Patrol Appreciation Thread

I was skeptical as hell about Cyborg's inclusion on the team, but as we get more of him, the more sense he makes with the Doom Patrol. Hardcore body dysphoria, incredibly tragic circumstances that makes him into a hero and is totally unable to live a normal life. Take all of that, and then consider that you're putting a League member in with a bunch of misfits that don't know what they're doing and combine that with his being the youngest person in Caulder Manor, and I don't think I've ever been this invested in his character.

What do you guys think is going on with his past? Has Silas fucked with Vic's memories and made him unable to remember what actually happened? What if they do a Swamp Thing, and Vic died with Silas just transferring his memories into a techno-organic homunculus?

Attached: Cyborg-and-Titans-Doom-Patrol.jpg (1400x700, 205K)

Iirc niles caused the accidents for some so I'm guessing maybe since he was friends with silas, there may have been tampering with his memory or some shit.

My guess is that Vic's chemical throw is coincidental to the lab explosion, which would make tampering with his memories unnecessary.

Lmao it looks like he's wearing the plastic Terminator half-mask Kenny Omega wore into WK11

It looks alright in the show. For some reason the poster looks a million times worse than it actually is.

Unpopular opinion but Fraser has really let himself go. If he were a woman, no matter how talented, or what shit he had put up with in his personal life, you all would be howling about his looks.

Nice and cheesy, just how I like it

Somehow, his make up and prosthetics look way better the more of them are on display. He looks a lot more natural when he has his track suit unzipped.

Standing next to Robotman also helps.

I feel so bad for Cliff whenever Cyborg does cool shit. I can just hear him grinding his teeth as he thinks to himself, "I CAN'T EVEN MOVE MY MOUTH."

That's just because a zipped up hoodie over some badass robotic bits is already silly.

Good thing he's a guy, and therefore has value outside of physical appearance, then.

You think anyone wants to bang someone on the cusp of a triple bypass?

Maybe it's also because there's not a woman in Hollywood with even a fraction of his charisma and talent in his weight class. And a good chunk of the praise for his return has also included (but I hope he loses that weight). It's just not healthy. We wanna see him get back to being the /fit/, attractive guy he once was now that his vampire of an ex can't touch his money.

Him having a reliable paycheck will go a long way to him having a full recovery. Having gone through a lot of trauma myself, not having to worry about money allows you to do so much that you couldn't if you were constantly fretting about bills and your bank balance.

Makes me wonder if they'll do the upgraded body arc from Morrison's run.

Either way, he doesn't seem bothered by it. Probably happy someone can understand his situation
>"Good day to be a robot boy!"

I could definitely see the Metal Men in this continuity, so bringing in Dr. Magnus would be pretty natural. Not to mention the issue where he got the fancy body from Magnus is an absolute classic.

Attached: evlE6QU.jpg (994x1520, 376K)

Seeing Niles save Jane really makes me hope they don’t do the turn where Chief is responsible for the traumatic events that ruined the Doom Patrol’s lives.

Magnus would fit perfectly in this show. I don't know how well the Metal Men would come off, but I wouldn't say no to a live action Platinum.

Kipling implied that Niles isn't that great a person, or at the very least he's willing to do bad things for what he thinks is right. I can see them doing that twist. Maybe not first season, but definitely two or three.

>Has Silas fucked with Vic's memories and made him unable to remember what actually happened?

I’m pretty sure he can see what happened, he’s just ignoring that the blast looks like it came from the other side of the wall, him slamming stuff didn’t cause it

At the very least, have him be one of Caulder's weirdo friends and they go back to his lab, he's clearly off his meds and has schematics all over the place and the Metal Men's logos scattered around.

I'm not a fan of Vic's actor, I didn't like Joivan Wade
in the younger so maybe its just a case of the well being poisoned for me
I've been reading up on the dp books though so im glad the show introduced me into the series

If Mr. Nobody and Animal Vegitable Mineral Man are in, then its fair enough to expect Brain and Mallah

Fraiser deserves to be a little pudgy if he wants considering what he put himself though when he was younger. And anons would be howling at femFraiser in a different way.

>then its fair enough to expect Brain and Mallah
Calling it now. They've already established the Brotherhood of Evil was a supervillain group in the 40s, and that Caulder was some sort of clandestine operative during that same time. We'll probably see that Caulder fought and presumably killed them. The Brain will probably have been a regular man who called himself that because he was the "mastermind" of the Brotherhood, and it becomes an ironic name when it's all that's salvageable after Caulder kills them.

Bonus points if the Chief encounters the Brain again sometime after that (and prior to the 80s), which gives him the inspiration for Robotman.

Only thing that I can see holding them back is Gorilla City. You can’t just have a communist guerilla gorilla walking around, openly plotting violent revolution, you gotta do a bit of setup for that. Then again, the Flash does exist in this universe and there’s plenty of other fan-servicey things in the show with minimal explanation, so...who knows?

It still tickles me that this is by far the tamest storyline in Morrison's run.

>communist guerrilla gorilla
I love comic books.

>yfw Cliff says "What the fuck"

Brendan is great at enunciating profanity, makes him saying it never feel old.

Attached: UXamZGvh3.jpg (129x107, 11K)

Right? I realized what I was saying as I was typing it out and I had a huge grin on my face afterwards. Comics are so damn good.

So why did Nobody trigger his name to make Niles vomit?
Was it just for shits and giggles?

I like how this show and Happy! are the only two anything outside of comics that really understands Morrison’s view of optimism, that the world is shit and awful and worth living and fighting for. Where shit matters whether it’s pretty or neat or orderly or chaotic or awful.

>shits and giggles

user, I'm pretty sure that's why Nobody does literally anything. Or at least, in the comics it is.

Dude turned himself into a chaos god just because he could afford it. What do you think?

So he couldn’t talk about it, dollars to doughnuts it works the same if he tried to work around it. If he tried to say “not somebody” i mean

Cyborg is actually really good in it. Having an actual competent superhero was a genius move. Surprised at how well it works given he seemed like he'd just be forced in so they could have a black main character

>Rita's Doom Patrol uniform has pants over a skirt

Booo!

Wonder if this confirms that she will actually have size powers instead of just stretch ones.

Ever since I read 1602, I’ve liked stretchy characters that need to exert will to stay in a solid shape, with Mr. Fantastic turning into a blob if he isn’t concentrating on appearing human.

probably, or else she's really be more madame rouge than elastigirl

Can he please show up when they reboot Hellblazer? Please? I really want them to interact and for Con-job to be like “you make me want to carry around disinfectant wipes.”

Attached: 851917EC-A6D7-4F07-BE41-406CB8FB96DA.jpg (757x480, 40K)

He was a broken man. In more ways than one. Never really healed from that back injury nor the divorce.

>And anons would be howling at femFraiser in a different way.
Someone run Brendan through that FaceApp thing. I bet he'd make a top milf.

You make a good point...
but I side with because user made me lol.

>supposedly a super genius
>went to say Mr Nobody a third time after being shown exactly what happens when he does twice
Cyborg a shit

Since when is Cyborg supposed to be a super genius? He's connected to the internet, that's how he has access to as much knowledge as he does. Other than that, he's not typically on the same level as the rest of the League when it comes to intelligence.

I mean, he's never been depicted as being average in that department, just not nearly on the level of the Trinity when it comes to smarts.

You expect John Constantine to work with a former king of hell?
Did you not watch Supernatural?

Attached: 1548897405987.png (370x480, 348K)

Watch Justice League Doom and Flashpoint Paradox.
He's shown as being pretty smart in a lot of the new 52 animated stuff.
And in Young Justice he's mentioned to have amazing grades. He just loves football because Americans for some reason are obsessed with sports.

>Doom Patrol
this show is just usual CUCКFLIХ sjw-garbage

Attached: a vlcsnap-2019-03-09-13h16m25s683.jpg (1920x1090, 228K)

From the video of the lab it looked like his throw had nothing to do with the explosion and it doesn't really jive with where he was in Mr.Nobodies flashback thing.

I think the dad caused it and implanted the dying promise thing into his memories.
I don't see how Niles could be at fault for Rita or Larry's shit in this timeline.

>You expect John Constantine to work with a former king of hell?
...is this a trick question? John would totally do that

Like, I think he literally has on several occasions.

So is Nobody getting more meta than before now? Is he trying to get rid of Vic because Vic isn't originally Doom Patrol?

Probably, though its weird he’s still being a solo act. You’d think we’d see him spending some time assembling a brotherhood unless that’s saved for next season.

I would be pretty cool with it just being Nobody by himself for the rest of the season, with one-and-done villains here and there. It lets the Doom Patrol be the center of the show. We don't want another Dick Grayson and the Titans, do we?

Hammerhead is just an asshole trying to piss everyone off, it proves she's effective since it made you mad

Those probably aren't going to be the final ones they use in the show. They seem to be tacky on purpose compared to the originals from the comics

I think that's what I sometimes feel is missing from the writers who try to be like Morrison but not understanding that part.

His voice performance is really good though. Really sells how shitty Cliff has it. Whole cast is pretty good. Even the actress playing Jane. She was the only one I was apprehensive about.

True but he makes up with his physical traits with raw talent.

Also Yea Forums bitches everytime they don't have fat middle age women as Amanda Waller in Suicide Squad so it's not always true.

Viola Davis may not be fat, but she's a fucking perfect Waller. One of the definite bright spots of the original.