Ignores iron man 3

>ignores iron man 3
>ignores winter soldier
why did this movie do everything wrong?

Attached: aou.jpg (825x464, 119K)

I feel like the only person who hasn't seen this movie

Whedon doesn't know how to work in a producer centric factory of movies.

dont watch it

how does it ignore either of those things?
>stark doesn't have a chest piece outside of his armor
>shield appears as a ragtag group of rescue operatives in the old helicarrier

It's without a doubt the worst Avengers movie and one of the MCU's worst.

>shield appears as a ragtag group of rescue operatives in the old helicarrier
This. It's a pretty critical plot point that SHIELD was mostly traitors and HYDRA spies, even.

This movie is better than the awful IM3 and the vastly overrated WS.

It's objectively better than the first Avengers.

ha

That movie is a glorified fucking TV pilot

>the awful IM3
Still haven't seen this or Thor 2. I need to get on that.
>and the vastly overrated WS.
I haven't seen WS in awhile but I do remember it being one of the best MCU movies.

Fuck no. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I get angry over how bad AoU was.

This is true, my only real complaints about this movie are Strucker was absolutely wasted, the Mo-Cap effects that were used to give Ultron a face that can emote and that farmhouse scene went on waaaaaaay to long. Beyond that the action is massively improved, the characters are also having a lot more fun and enjoying themselves and it didn’t rely on gratuitous Slow Motion to portray super speed

Everything with the Iron Legion and the creation of Ultron directly stems from Tony's vulnerability in IM3.

>Joss Whedon
There's your answer.

yeah why wasn't Cap whining about muh Bucky in AOU too, what a sham Whedon is

Attached: eyelids.gif (414x442, 2.32M)

>SHIELD was mostly traitors and HYDRA spies
winter soldier did a great job of explicitly showing that only the higher ups and the strike teams were hydra, so it would make sense that once fury started rebuilding that it'd be a smaller group of field ops and techs

>Didn't watch Winter Soldier because I'm not that invested in the MCU
>Everyone says it's the absolute best film in the franchise and one of the best superhero films ever with a super deep plot
>It's just Cap fighting against Hydra again
>Shield gets decommissioned which is neat
>Hydro gets completely defeated in the first ten minutes
>There are zero consequences of Shield being disbanded with Nick Fury still being a recurring character with a whole organization worth of people still working for him and he has a damn Helicarrier
>The effects of Age of Ultron had zero consequences and civil War is caused by some random terrorist
>Civil War is all about Bucky but Bucky barely does anything in his own film
I legitimately do no understand the mass appeal the Russo's have.

Attached: I expect nothing.png (977x540, 1.01M)

>zero consequences of SHIELD being disbanded
Except SHIELD is no longer an official, government-sponsored organization.

>The effects of Age of Ultron had zero consequences and civil War is caused by some random terrorist
Except Sokovia was not only used as justification for the Accords but Zemo was a survivor of Sokovia who lost his family, which prompted him to turn the Avengers against one another in the first place.

>so it would make sense that once fury started rebuilding that it'd be a smaller group of field ops and techs
Save for the fact that CA-TWS explicitly shows the second in command working for Stark (presumably Maria's "foundation") and showing a dead Fury leaving to places unknown. At this point in the MCU, where Feige hadn't convinced the higher ups at Disney to dump the comic book people from Marvel Studios and they, at minimum, still had input, and while Whedon was still contracted for Avengers 2, Agents of Shield was still connected to the MCU and AoS was explicitly showing stuff contrary to your assertion, plus showing that Coulson was in charge (and/or at least doing the rebuilding). The only thing you are correct in, is that whichever fiefdom who wants to claim SHIELD from the AoS perspective, it was a (much) smaller group of field ops and techs and AoS at least clearly shows that a former model carrier had survived the shit storm in DC.

its not good but it is surprising it didn't collapse under its own weight

That nightmare scenes in Iron Man 3 was more Ultron than the entire Age of Ultron.

was this a poor attempt at synergy with the books, since there was an Ultron story going on at the time?

The movies have never cared about what the comics are doing

Because Joss Whedon is an egotistical hack

Go to bed, Joss

There was an Age of Ultron comic where Wolverine travels back in time to stop him.

Winter Soldier is pretty acurrate to the Winter Soldier comic storyline. Give or take a few details, Iron Man 1 was very similar to his comic debut

first is the only movie with any merit at all