Buy/Shelf Thread

I know it's kinda soon for a new thread but I can't help it. I found some great deals this weekend. First of all, both Starman omni's for 1/2 cover price! And I didn't even know Ann Noccenti wrote GA, she seems like the perfect writer for him. But since it's rarely mentioned I assumed it was her not on the top of her game, but still worth $9

Don't know where to buy? Try these:
amazon.com/
bookdepository.com (worldwide shipping)
booksetc.co.uk/ (EU)
cheap-comics.com (EU)
instocktrades.com/ (worldwide shipping)
mycomicshop.com (worldwide shipping)
speedyhen.com (UK)
tfaw.com (worldwide shipping)

[your local comic shop here]

List of things out next week:
comiclist.com/index.php
Upcoming Omnibus/Hardcovers:
goodreads.com/topic/group_folder/305597

Attached: new march 19.jpg (2972x4375, 2.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.ca/Slaine-Horned-God-Pat-Mills/dp/0600596516/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=slaine the horned god&qid=1552841992&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull
ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-Slaine-The-Horned-God-Pat-Mills-Simon-Bisley-HC-Graphic-Novel-Hamlyn-/264090957429
amazon.com/Slaine-Horned-God-Pat-Mills/dp/1907519742/ref=sr_1_2
amazon.ca/Slaine-Horned-Part-2000-Presents/dp/1840234776/
amazon.ca/Slaine-Horned-God-Part-Two/dp/1840234741/
discord.gg/EtwZFJq
amazon.ca/Road-Watchmen-Rorschach-Nite-Owl/dp/1401298893/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=road to watchmen&qid=1552865521&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull
youtube.com/watch?v=byDiILrNbM4
hamiltonbook.com/absolute-joker-luther
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And they were prepping for inventory so $1 back issue comics. Almost got all of Extremity, got to hunt down #1 and a couple more. Got 4 issues of The Highest House, which I heard good things about. And a fun of Sex Criminals. And yes, I picked up the Aspen Swimsuit Special

Attached: new march 19b.jpg (2987x4419, 2.54M)

X-Men Grand Design $1 nice

can someone help me confirm if this is the actual Slaine The Horned God book? this cover seems not right and it lists a couple other authors. And I'm not sure if the page count is right either

amazon.ca/Slaine-Horned-God-Pat-Mills/dp/0600596516/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=slaine the horned god&qid=1552841992&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

Good luck getting the rest of Starman. They're horribly oop and volume 3 alone sometimea goes for like 150$

Attached: Recent Purchases 3.jpg (2353x2937, 1.42M)

Also got refunded for my damaged Madwoman of The Sacred Heart (and got to keep the book). So just placed a new order

Attached: order march.jpg (426x523, 67K)

Seems to be, looked up the publisher online and saw this on eBay (has a few photos too):

ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-Slaine-The-Horned-God-Pat-Mills-Simon-Bisley-HC-Graphic-Novel-Hamlyn-/264090957429

CAD 50 seems pretty steep, you could try and get a copy of the Hachette Partworks version (UK release in 2017 for £1.99) on ebay

Meant for

oh wow, I haven't seen that release anywhere. The Horned God I see on Amazon is actually usually $250 when I look it up, so finding it for $40 I thought was a great deal

No worries, I have the original myself, didn't know it was out of print. Those are ridiculous prices for what would probably be seen as an 'evergreen' trade for 2000ad. Let me know if you can find a reasonably priced copy. If you can't, I may have a spare somewhere

Just a bunch of loose issues from an LCS sale. Got some more Sideways and I continue to kick myself for not buying it when it was coming out. It's a great book that deserved to go on longer than fucking Damage and Silencer.

Also picked up Mara Jade By the Emperor's Hand and Gotham Central Book Two, so I'm pretty happy about those.
Nocenti GA's better than Krul's but still not great. Honestly, New 52 Green Arrow is mediocre at best until Lemire gets the book.

Got these last week.

Attached: SAM_3504.jpg (1500x1000, 1.6M)

How's Toppi? Ive been eying it lately

Ignore the floppies. Im in the process of selling those. Ive made a decent profit on some. I had a complete Aaron's Thor God of Thunder I paid maybe 50$ for that I sold for 150$ since its not very good.

Attached: IMG_20190316_140011.jpg (3968x2464, 3.79M)

Attached: IMG_20190316_140055.jpg (2642x3968, 3.73M)

Attached: IMG_20190316_140418.jpg (2653x3926, 3.85M)

Attached: IMG_20190316_135909.jpg (1182x3968, 1.91M)

My new stuff. I really love the paper stock for the epic collections.

Attached: IMG_20190316_140446.jpg (3968x2581, 2.93M)

well avatar is having their big trade sale and i got

god is dead 1-8
doctor sleepless vol 1
chronicles of wormwood vol 1-2
absolution vol 1-2
anna mercury vol 1
disenchanted vol 1-2
ignition city vol 1

all for about a hundred 125 bucks

And very happy to have volume 1 of Preacher signed by the late Steve Dillon. RIP Frank Face man

Attached: IMG_20190316_135505.jpg (2976x3968, 2.75M)

>Mara Jade
How is that? I saw a lot of copies on the discount tables. And there were a couple Sideways issues too...just not enough to make me try to get the run in that format

Yeah. Just a few pages in to Nocentis run and it ain't great. Oh well it was cheep

But user....the internet said Whor is good.

Glad you managed to make a profit off it. I don't hate all of Aarons Thor, it is still better than Fraction, but he fucks up some good ideas in it and the motivations of Jane are a dumpster fire.

Is that a new printing of Promethea?

readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Collected-Toppi

The physical publication is of high quality and can be recommended.

Sorry, meant to reply

I actually really liked the first god killer arc. But then its immediately followed by a bad Maleketh story because of the movie and it never recovers.

It is. Fucking finally too. Deluxe oversized. Looks really nice.

Well...now I’m screwed, 150% beyond capacity with this shelf. Backup closet shelving is also overstuffed. Might have to move soon

Attached: 131BD3DD-8B1C-41DE-A32D-EFC0220B7FE8.jpg (3264x2448, 1.92M)

I remember liking it a lot when I read it years ago, it covers her time as the Hand and it's written by Zahn, so I'm hoping it holds up. If it doesn't, shit was buy 2 get 2, and it was one of the free ones, so I'm not losing too much here.

what I picked up while I was in LA

Attached: 70A42D90-5AED-44E6-B64C-A634407A8B8B.jpg (3264x2448, 1.81M)

ello shelf

Maybe i'll organize my shit soon... maybe

And there goes my next paycheck

Jesus fuck user. I am both sympathetic and jelouse as fuck! How about getting some shelves that you can screw into wall studs and hold some stuff. If you get proper ones they can support a good weight

How many Dicks though?

i went to a convention yesterday and bought 24 floppies for 25 bucks

>20 captain atom issues from the late 80s to early 90s
because i like captain atom
>dc rebirth blue beetle #2
because the vendor was cool
>JLA 22 and 23 by grant morrison
appearance of starro the conqueror
>jim lee xmen #2(?)
because i like his art

also i was at a panel with marv wolfman

Shelves. Found out that both Waid DD vol 3, and the oversized Waid DD vol 4 are both signed by him. Only one was mentioned in the listing.

Attached: 20190308_180602.jpg (1881x2115, 2.8M)

That’s a good idea. I think it might work better if the shelving was for the blurays though, that way they would be lighter and more shallow than a bookshelf. Then I can use the freed up space for more books.

Maybe above my tv?

Attached: 77A207D6-CE55-4417-9E12-F1401B76582B.jpg (3264x2448, 1.96M)

Also, nice the Back to Basics Epic Collection. Been waitin on that for a while, but now I need to save for a few months instead. Ah well

Oh yeah a good long blueray shelf above your tv is a good idea i think. Just make sure to leave enough room for a bigger tv

>using a landline
i seriously hope you dont have a stupid phone and tv package

Not too expensive thankfully. Under 30

Which convention?

Also rad on Captain Atom. Good grabs

Yup, just waiting for the current tv to die. Been eyeing a 70 inch but might be overkill.

I signed a triple play package 6 years ago when they were wiring the building. The monthly is cheaper than any current plan, even the internet-only. The phone is only for Grubhub/seamless drivers.

Oh...and to keep the thread going, here is a picture of the bottom shelves from a few months ago. You could actually see what was on them then.

Attached: 908358BD-2D79-47FA-8A66-702F9FCD8E69.jpg (3264x2448, 1.71M)

NC comic con in Raleigh, North Carolina. pretty impressed marv wolfman was there, considering emerald city comic con was going on at the same time

I think your link is correct, but here's a more recent Simon & Shuster edition

amazon.com/Slaine-Horned-God-Pat-Mills/dp/1907519742/ref=sr_1_2

And after the hc release in your link Titan re-released it as two trades

amazon.ca/Slaine-Horned-Part-2000-Presents/dp/1840234776/
amazon.ca/Slaine-Horned-God-Part-Two/dp/1840234741/

You absolute madman! Can i come and live at your house for a year to read that?

Attached: main shelf.jpg (3024x4032, 2.5M)

and recent pickups from the LCS. I like Alex Ross

Attached: 54524736_329955034543581_4418686405941657600_n.jpg (480x480, 82K)

>20 captain atom issues from the late 80s to early 90s
>because i like captain atom

fucking great shit there good finds

>Starman is keen
Lol

Posting shelves. 1/3

Attached: E645D056-9D08-44B5-B5CD-100FB052D69A.jpg (3264x2448, 1.47M)

2/3

Attached: E4549E57-C5D4-4659-B1D8-BD6F902D08B7.jpg (3264x2448, 1.33M)

3/3

Attached: E309A3E7-4CE9-403A-ABF4-AFE0BD2ADD76.jpg (3264x2448, 1.39M)

I'm trying to find the superheros that alan Moore based the minutemen on from either DC (any era) or Charelton. So far I have captain atom and some blue beetle. I'm gonna search for peacemaker which will be impossibly difficult at the next convention I go to.

i made a discord for people who are actively into the comic book scene, so feel free to join in on the discussion

discord.gg/EtwZFJq

amazon.ca/Road-Watchmen-Rorschach-Nite-Owl/dp/1401298893/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=road to watchmen&qid=1552865521&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

>ditko question
thats gonna be a buy from me
also learn to link

DC announced a collection of comics related to Watchmen, appears to include Peacemaker. I’m sure you prefer the originals but thought you might still be interested.

Attached: 9BAD5713-16B2-4EAA-9B3B-F7AA3AEFE3BB.png (2048x1536, 752K)

Thanks man I appreciate it, but I'm looking for issues and not trades. I might get that book though

>at con
>see an issue of denny oneil question
>sign next to it says something along the lines of first appearance of rorscach
>say hurm and moonwalk outta there

Those of you who have custom bound comics, what kind of covers have you gone for? Embossed symbols or full print or something else?

>kinda soon
Seeing that half the board is flooded with stupid MCU threads, shelf feels like the only good thread up in this bitch

theres only 62 people on Yea Forums who read comics

fuck i meant 23

christ

Don't bother. There won't be a #2 and #3

That's because like 80% of the board is pre-teens who can't keep their dicks inside Yea Forums.

>I really love the paper stock for the epic collections.
The glossy stuff? Or have they improved it since then? I personally don't like it as much for Silver Age reprints but it's still good

It definitely looks matte to me. Its like what the floppies look like

Huh, fair enough. The last two Kirby Thor ECs, and Moon Knight EC 3 have more of a glossy stock. Not bad, but different.I agree that the matte/grainy(?) is fantastic

Noccenti GA is the worst thing I have ever read.

its possible too im just comparing it to the excessively glossy stock used in marvel omnis.

How do you make sure the stuff in your short box doesnt fall over?

physics

put something under one end so it's on a slight incline

How do you know?

There's a bracer built in.

Attached: 51xJnXKUpHL.jpg (500x500, 39K)

not for cardboard

>using cardboard

t. boxman

Waiting on Amazon to drop Berserk.
Contemplating collecting Galko-chan.

Short boxes are made of cardboard

I wouldn't mind riffling through your movie collection.

Just buy another shelf

Thanks pal, I could take some close up shots if something in particular caught your eye from or Kind of a mess though...no rhyme or reason to the arrangement of the movies.

There’s already books on top of the shelves, if I added another shelf up top it would only be used to store what’s already there.

Pic is the closet shelf mentioned earlier.

Attached: 5CA58209-F72D-4F77-BC32-56E2F6AA20D8.jpg (1800x1800, 777K)

throw crap out

Have you tried whittling down your collection to make room? You've got good shit, but could probably make a decent chunk selling shit you don't reread too often or aren't as invested in and reduce the chance of being buried alive under shelf failure.

Never!

Attached: 979A27A9-0076-411A-8201-5CAB163321FE.jpg (960x640, 102K)

I have plastic bags arounde the shortboxes in storage and my garage.

Do it, sempai.

Attached: 1548830743814.jpg (360x359, 34K)

What do the plastic bags do?

Keeps out moisture and bugs.
I got paranoid about them after I thought my roommate thought his skin rash was bed bug bites and that ended up as a whole fiasco. Still want to keep them sealed unless they are in my room and somewhere dry.

I already got the Charlton Action Heroes archive HCs. I even got a half decent copy of the first Question comic.

Attached: 51nYqfJ9BTL._SX333_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (335x499, 38K)

Are you the user that went to the military because his disaster family had bugs everywhere that got into his comics?
I store short boxes in my room and I don't have to have that kind of extreme caution. Does the cardboard alone do anything weird to books

This is the stuff I've ordered over the last couple weeks, but for some reason it all came in the post today. Not all Yea Forums-related, but probably worth sharing.

Attached: IMG_0155.jpg (2442x2105, 1.24M)

Why not?

It’s kind of funny...this is the whittled down version. I had a lot of newer stuff and I realized that I didn’t really like a lot of it anymore, so I sold off probably 75+ books.

I sold off practically everything that wasn’t older than a decade. I pretty much stick to the classics at this stage, except Hellboy/BPRD and Beasts of Burden. New HC volume of BoB this week!

How did you go about selling it

I think I'll get the Howard the Duck omnibus next

Pls r8 Yea Forums, I'm just getting back into buying and reading comics seriously, I just got me Velvet Glove, a Bernie Kriegstein artists' edition, Love & War by Miller & Sienkewicz and the first tpb for Cinema Purgatorio (top notch work from Moore and O'Neill but I don't really care about the rest. The Civil War comic in particular is just shit).
My next acquisitions will probably focus on getting some manga and BDs because I'm really lacking on those departments, both physical and digitally. If some money comes my way I also have to close the gaps on my Mignolaverse stuff and drop some money on the new Dylan Dogs that are being translaed, though the publisher is being kinda shit and not deserving my hard earned shekels. Too lazy to crop non-Yea Forums stuff, also I know most of the books aren't in english but I suppose it doesn't take a lot to deduce what they are.

Attached: hq1.jpg (4128x2322, 1.18M)

2/2

Attached: hq2.jpg (4128x2322, 1.04M)

Thankfully no. I had my own mental breakdown, but nowhere near that bad. Geez. Good luck to him.

Had a few friends that were interested and my LCS has a quarterly “buying” day.

>Loki by Rodi and Ribic,
>Animal Man Omni
Nice collection /10, is it brazilian? Or does Panini also work in Portugal?

>Got 4 issues of The Highest House, which I heard good things about.

Can't recommend this enough. I was kinda underwhelmed by Suicide Risk or whatever Carey's last book was but this was really good.

Brazilian but I do believe they work in Portugal as well. I know shit like their UEFA / World Cup albums are distributed through most of Europe, but I'm not sure about their comics.

How are the Zelda manga?
Did they ever do Zelda 1 or 2?

>LCS has a quarterly “buying” day
Never heard of this before

Some stores, especially those with a big online component, will have a day where you can offer to sell them items...often things you bought from them.

Most of the time it’s not stuff they want or need, so they’ll offer you very cheap prices but it’s a quick way to divest yourself of unwanted stuff without having to resort to eBay.

If you have rare items they’ll work with you as well. My LCS regularly keeps their Golde/Silver Age stuff fully stocked because of these buying days. People come in from hours away because they like the face-to-face transactional nature of the deal...older folks especially.

Good on ya user.
Gonna hold on to get Ennis too?

can't read some of it but see some good stuff in there. Good to see Bilal in there.

Definitely a good choice. Probably my favorite 70s comic

That's the goal but even without him its special enough

Wait what does Thanos Quest volume collect that Rebirth of Thanos doesn't already collect??

I loved Lucifer so I will check Highest House out. It looks like there is just 1 TPB.

>those Starman omnis
How in the FUCK I am MAD
I've had vol. 1 for years and never followed up, so I've accepted that's probably all I'll ever have.

Wow Jem went on longer than I expected it had.

Not entirely to its benefit, sadly. Vol 5 was kind of underwhelming, and Infinite doesn't have a great story. 1-4 are pretty great tho

whats was the last book you read for me it was the 3rd dr strange epic

I also skipped buying an anthology made after Infinite because it didn't follow on from Infinite which was pointless, and no follow-up was on the cards

Attached: LokiBump.jpg (3073x2296, 1001K)

Delicious in Dungeon some user here mentioned it and I said "eh, why not"

Threads like this one only show why the goddamn comics industry still hasn't shriveled up and die like it deserves.

I just finished the Red Hood Omnibus part 1. It started off pretty well and then became disappointing when Kenneth Rocafort stopped doing the art. Then it got even more disappointing when Lobdell stopped writing and Tynion took over. I want to like Tynion and he always seems to bring up less-often-seen characters but his stories are so dull and generic. The ending was totally a typical shonen anime fight and it felt empty to me.

Here's hoping that part 2 is somehow better.

Attached: IMG_20190318_151933__02.jpg (4608x1616, 2.22M)

Attached: IMG_20190318_152856__01.jpg (4608x1840, 2.9M)

Attached: IMG_20190318_152856__02.jpg (4608x1668, 2.65M)

>really want the Goon libraries, but 1 and 3 are incredibly expensive
>Bunch Of Old Crap paperbacks coming out collect the same stuff book per book
Do I buy 2, 4, and 5 libraries and fill in the blanks with the paperbacks until I get lucky and/or money to blow on the other two? Fuck me this breaks my heart. At least Powell is releasing the books again under his own publishing house.

Would you rather fuck lady Loki or twink Loki?

YES

Attached: Shelf 02 Jan 2019.jpg (1632x1224, 580K)

wasnt this run poorly received? I dont get why they would omni it

After reading it, I have no idea either. Yea Forums seems much pretty positive about the RH/Artemis/Bizarro team. At least the Lobdell/Rocafort issues were fun and filled with sexy shots of Starfire.

Sorry I meant
>Yea Forums seems much more positive about the RH/Artemis/Bizarro team

Making sure to post the correct updated shelf this time. Also, not a purchase, but a co-worker of mine let me borrow the first six issues of Gideon Falls, so I plan on reading that.

1/2

Attached: 20190131_232304.jpg (1915x1960, 2.43M)

2/2

Can I post Yea Forums related figures? Because I just got the Mafex Comic Spidey figure and it's really fucking good.

Attached: 20190131_232320.jpg (1861x1960, 2.21M)

Sure.

>asking permission to post things
These threads crack me up.

It had a weird publishing schedule. Part of it was released in France first (Translated into French), then it came out in singles in NA/English
It was probably my favourite new thing out of 2017/8.
There is only one trade out, and it isn't clear if it will be continued. IDW has been having some financial issues.
Thankfully, that trade does tell a story, but it really does read like a part one of a much longer story. That makes it sound decompressed, but a lot of time and plot actually happens in it.

DC never finishes collecting anything

I don't know what is allowed on /shelf/. I got yelled at for posting my floppy pick ups for that week.

Because some people here are autistic retards. A guy posted a list of some essential reads and another one started whining like a little child because he was on a "FUCKING HIVEMINDS!!!" trip. Just ignore maniacs like that

>I got yelled
By whom? The king of /shelf/? Fuck 'em, bud, this is basically just buyfag general for this board. Let it flow. Show us your shit.

Attached: 1552281370606.png (658x543, 404K)

I read that as posting my floppy dick

HAHAHAHA! I knew it was going to piss some people off. But seriously, I hope you luck out like I did. I gotta make sure I go to this store a lot more frequently cause god damn am I lucking out lately

It is all "allowed", child, so long as it is on a /shelf/

Attached: shelf card.png (497x335, 69K)

hold on while I put my dick on my /shelf/ then

I've been checking it out and would love to buy it but some are $200. My LCS has a few and I got really excited but they only had the cheap volumes.

just when I thought I had achieved all my comics and novels targets, I go down the manga rabbit hole.
*opens wallet*
fuck me. the problem is you like a series, well guess what there's 30 volumes of the fucking thing!!!

I stopped buying manga after getting Naruto up to volume 27. There are a lot of good ones, but it's a lot of money and a lot of time. It's a shame, but I'd rather get something split between like 3-5 paperbacks

yeah, I definitely prefer mangas that are less than 15 volumes. at least some of them are in box sets which are very affordable, but many are not and those are just money pits.

at least I'm enjoying myself. manga has given me more energy than the last few years of comics has. sometimes you just need something different yknow? one thing I love is that every single demographic and genre is covered. there's a manga for every mood

Hey, that's my thing.

Attached: received_2219145325072132.jpg (625x625, 14K)

How much does manga cost in the US? Because I was looking into a few different ones here and the ones that weren't super popular like Naruto or Bleach were almost as expensive as comics. (And in Spanish, but that's another issue.)

Attached: image.png (800x799, 514K)

Attached: 1547596564261.jpg (640x640, 37K)

shit, we got some Three Robots stuff going down in here now Watch Love Death and Robots, shit is great

Please stop this pussy

Completely fair. I lost interest in all but a few modern comics but realised my Bronze and Silver Age stuff was lacking.
I now have a decent amount that's growing, and it's some of the most fun I've had reading. I'll probably get into manga boxsets later down the line, now that ya mention it. I'm fine reading whatever if it's engaging

like 10 dollars for a tankoban volume

one nice thing about manga is that the popular stuff will basically always be in print, so you can get around to it whenever and it will still be there. some comics you'll just buy out of fear because so much of it goes OOP

Really depends. Tankobans are like $10 and 3-in-1s seem to be around $15. I'm looking at One Piece for these numbers.
Getting out into releases like VizSigs and Vertical's stuff it's more like $20-$30, but you're getting a higher quality product with more chapters. VizSigs in particular are pretty nice for what they are.

Anyone here knows whether booksetc or cheap-comics have some coupons occasionally? Can't find any for either of them online and it seems like booksetc literally never has any to begin with

>one nice thing about manga is that the popular stuf
One thing I hate is how small each manga is and the paper quality is worse than toilet paper

>one nice thing about manga is that the popular stuff will basically always be in print
Too bad some popular shit doesn't get licensed by publishers. Like Fist of the North Star.

that's a fair complaint, especially after being used to the relative high quality of comic products. i guess it doesn't bother me that much since I grew up on Archie digests. at least in exchange for quality you get a much better price:page ratio

fist of the north star was published in english, but is long OOP unfortunately.

>better price:page ratio
$10 for one volume when there are 27 volumes+
$20 for a complete omnibus

>fist of the north star was published in english
It was never finished. There has never been a complete start to end physical release of Fist of the North Star, you dumbass.

Alright, sounds like they're a bit cheaper in that case. I think a tankoban is like $15-18 here.

a) do you know what a ratio is? sure it's a deeper rabbit hole, but it's still a more cost effective product
b) are you pretending omnis typically cost 20 dollars? as someone who owns about 50 of these things I can assure you they aren't cheap

Shame about North Star. I've wanted to make that my big long-term purchase. Appleseed's only 6 volumes, but went OOP years ago. I had to use a weird third party site, and order a single volume, I think 3, from America. Still, the ones I want will be fine, I hope.
>$20 for an omnibus
The ones I've seen are usually like £40 here if not more, unless you go used

>£40
I don't live in Britannia

It can't stop. It won't stop.

To add to the discussion what's up with Boom's hardcovers going out of print so damn fast? I knew about Irredeemable (dammit) but I hear the MMPR stuff is OOP now too?

One has issues 34-38 and the other has issues 39-50 of silver surfer. Both have thanos quest 1-2 though

Ex Machina book 1 by BKV. Tony Harris' art is great and occasionally its ideas gel in a cool way but uts bogged down by extremely dated political commentary. BKV's dialogue also leaves a lot to be desired

is there a better collection for Tintin besides those tiny volumes?

Maybe wait a while to see how Powell rereleases them? Maybe they'll be good quality still

>Spider-Man Blue
Was pretty good, if loose with accuracy. Also, Gwen got weirdly little panel time for a comic about her.
>Waid DD Vol 1
Fucking great. It's a nice change from the more depressing elements of the Miller, Nocenti and Bendis runs and pretty good in its own right. Lookin forward to the rest. I just need time to read more
Not reading any ongoings cos of college, and focusing on getting thru my backlog

Amazon listings are up. They're 496 page TP. They collect the same amount of material per book as the libraries.
They'll probably be nice enough for what they are, but they won't be libraries. And I love libraries.

Tezuka's Black Jack vol. 1. Took me a bit to warm up to it, but damn I really enjoyed it by the end.

Damn. Well that's a bummer then. For oop books I usually save an ebay search for it and just hope I have funds when a decent bargain comes up. Best of luck to you user. The Goon is the best

Thanks. I'll just wait until May when the first Bunch of Old Crap comes out, and if I can still get those libraries I will, otherwise I'll just be happy with the new printings. At least it's being printed.

Boom targets libraries heavily. Maybe it sold there better than they expected

So I just got BPRD Hell on Earth number 3, 1&2 are in the post.

BPRD is so good. Looks like Witch finder is getting an omni. What're the chances we'll get a Lobster Johnson omni?

>Looks like Witch finder is getting an omni
sweet

I've only got Hellboy and the Plague of Frogs tpbs but would gladly get more. I'll try to keep them all the same cheaper format.

The price per page ratio is true but manga still always felt expensive to me because it's generally so decompressed that each volume is like a quarter of a complete story arc. So often I spent $10 and when I was done reading it felt like nothing happened.

I like that companies are now doing 2 in 1 editions and "omnibus" editions of manga, it feels more like money well spent

Honestly page count per dollar is a bad way to look at comic value. Even putting quality aside just look at page size and how much story can be in it. For the extreme comparison 4 pages of manga would equal 1 page of a eurocomic. Personally i have always prefered the bigger eurocomic pages cause there is so much more space to play with and it doesn't rely on page turns to more the story, i find it smoother

I just want them to reprint the Plague of Frogs hardcovers. Bought the first two and now I'm SOL. So frustrating. Got a few Hell on Earth on the way though.

Wishlist too big, wallet too small...

Attached: Shulf.jpg (2014x2372, 3.01M)

>Wishlist too big, wallet too small...
>wanting to buy comics
Pick one

>$20 for a complete omnibus
I paid $30 dollars for DC One Million, and that's pretty much throwing it in the garbage.

>Churchill's WWII books
Good shit, user.

R8/H8
I need a new shelf. I also have most of the BPRD hardcovers behind the libraries.
The Flash and JSA omnis behind the gl/52/TT
And a bunch of marvel stuff behind the manga.
I'm gonna get more at wondercon but i have nowhere to put them fuck my life desu why did i even get into this hobby moving is a pain in the ass. I also have 13 fully stacked shortboxes in my closet.

Attached: Screenshot_20190318-222008_Gallery.jpg (2960x1440, 2.57M)

And they take up less space on the shelf, somehow.
I'm looking at my VizBig editions of Rorouni Kenshin and then to Ai Yori Aoshi, and one 3in1 is slimmer than three normal volumes without the pages being any thinner as far as I can tell.

They're doing omnis for everything, just wait. And make sure to get them when they are hardcovers

Sell me on 80s Captain Atom. I thought it was just standard 80s political drivel that somehow managed to last for nearly 60 issues because DC was desperate for a return on their investment in the character.

I've yet to hear anything good about it. Hell, I didn't even know the character had fans.

>showcasing that Conan omni with THAT cover

Attached: 746e1e53-375f-4957-b7c4-2e9c1ce7b403.jpg (600x800, 109K)

You've reminded me that I need to get the B&N edition of Dune.
How are those things anyway? Stitched or Glued?

You should get sandman overture

Rick and Morty already have enough comics to have 3 hardback omnibus?
Man I am legit surprised how many comics come out that I just don't notice.

Not showcasing, ran out of room and keeping it in front until I decide which to replace it with. I didn’t want that cover but the other was sold out everywhere.

Good to see another shelf with House of Leaves.

He should get the third omnibus to complete his full set.

Im just waiting on the third omni to come out. Im excite because I love me some JH Williams III

>R8/H8
Too much big 2 shit, H8 pile!
No I'm just jealous of that Marvel Cosmic

Why do people spend money on the Omnibus if the Absolutes are so much better value for your money without having pretty mediocre minding AND being actually readable?

*binding

For me, the absolutes are the choice for Sandman, but the omnis are cheaper. I like the look of a thicc book on the shelf but they're so big that they must be rough to read.

Omnis are cheaper either way. If there's more than 2 or 3 volumes in absolute, your wallet is probably fucked compared to the omnibus. Unless you're shopping at big conventions where they sell $20 absolutes, don't do that.
Absolutes are for books that are your *absolute* favorite, that you have rebought 3 times in other formats because you love it so much. No one fucking buys absolutes as their first or even second (most of the time) version of a book. They're the best made format out, but it's not a value compared to omnis. Sometimes they're the same price for less material per volume.

Absolutes aren't even a good value for your money, let alone a better value. What they are is absolute bullshit.

I got excited when I read that but disappointed when I noticed it looks like it'll be paperback.

I borrowed the All Star Superman tpb from a friend then went straight to absolute when buying it for myself. I agree with you though and buying absolutes for blind reads is very brash and only affordable if you're wealthy.

I’m really digging your figure displays, user.

Yeah, that was the reason for my asking. If you wanna go cheap, just get the slipcase and get the absolutes whenever you have the money. The Omni really is a no-win situation as far as I see

You only have to get the first four absolutes which doesn't really fuck with your wallet. I'd also say buying the sandman absolutes blindly is literally the one time where people aren't wasting their money when buying blindly

The sandman ones are, other ones like TDKR or Year One aren't because they are expensive/overpriced as hell

Amazon has a £5 of £25 offer for britbongs today.

>buying the sandman absolutes blindly is literally the one time where people aren't wasting their money
I'm actually currently doing this. Well, I read the first trade, but other than that it's blind.

When is a Forever People reprint? I decided to go the tpb route but it ain't in print. Fuck

I'm planning on doing literally the same. Made the last thread and enough people convinced me to do exactly that. Texted booksetc today one more time just to make sure the Slipcase won't be in stock again so my conscience is clear but I will most probably pick up the Absolutes

The vol. 1 Absolute is gorgeous, man. I'm glad I went for it over the omnibi.
At the time I was comparing, I didn't realize that the two omnibi out then weren't the entire thing, so with the new third volume the price difference is even smaller between getting the Absolutes over them. I'm happy with my purchase.

Wait, I thought the two Omnibus versions literally had all 75 issues and the third one just collected the rest like Endless Nights, Overture, and Death

I'm glad you like the Absolute format. It really encourages me not to doubt my decision to be honest

>Wait, I thought the two Omnibus versions literally had all 75 issues and the third one just collected the rest like Endless Nights, Overture, and Death
You're correct, I'm using "entire thing" in kind of a confusing way.

>Witchfinder Omnibus Volume 1
>Dec 10, 2019

nice

>The Borgias
>by Alejandro Jodorowsky and Milo Manara | Aug 27, 2019

Is it good?

I wonder how many times I have to return the same book before Amazon just puts it in an appropriate sized box.

Dude, I hope you don't seriously think they'll do that. Either make a bigger offer and return the rest of the books or just try it three to four times until your book isn't completely destroyed in the regular box

I think I'm mostly just confused why they would try to ship a 6lb book in a thin padded mailer. There must just be a lot of people who don't care if a corner of their NEW book is crushed in.

Amazon shipping is a notorious meme around these parts. Just don't use them if you want nice books.

WHAM!
I finished my first big art comission last week. Split the money with my wife and filled 2/3 my current want list.
BPRD 3,1,2,4; pic related and the 30th anniversey edition of WEG Star Wars RPG.

Attached: 9DE6A385-678F-417B-8453-C542FD5E80EE.jpg (1274x1065, 517K)

>3,1,2,4
Enough.

What are we getting this week, boys?

Attached: Capture.jpg (339x335, 15K)

I'm getting Harrow County too along with Beasts of Burden. Beasts of Burden is a blind buy though, do you know if I'd need to read previous books first?

Along those two new releases I think I'll pick up TDKR.

Have you ever disliked a character just because they look like someone who fucked you over?
I have a hard time liking Kate and i’m compeled root for Devon as a result.

>Beasts of Burden is a blind buy though, do you know if I'd need to read previous books first?
No, you don't need to. There are a few characters from the original series, but it's not necessary to know who they are. It's all pretty straightforward. But you should read the first book.

>BPRD,

im just autistic about the charlton characters and lesser known dc superheroes

hes a relatively obscure character, at least nowadays. im reading it from issue 2 with cary bates, and im assuming it was the first run after crisis on infinite earths. since its issue 2 and in the 80s. and its really not that political apart from
>muh war in vietnam killed muh friends
angle.
hes basically struggling to get to his family after an 18 year time jump after his accident to 1987 while being a superhero.
i have issues 2,3,4,7,8,9,17, 35-40,43-49

issue 2 was released in april of 87 and 49 was released in january of 91

ive had similar issues with amazon
>buy trade paperback
>its in essentially a cardboard envelope and the book itself isnt in any plastic bag or anything so if it rains or whatever you may be fucked

if i by trades its from mycomicshop.com because they take great care to protect your comic books. plus they sell floppies

>if i by trades its from mycomicshop.com because they take great care to protect your comic books. plus they sell floppies

You reek of casual.

Nothing, mainly because dumb unexpected stuff ate up the rest of my fun money for this month. Which is a shame because I really wanted to get Beasts of Burden.

what of it

>Sell me on 80s Captain Atom.
Have you happened to watch Gargoyles, or the Young Justice cartoon? The show runner for that was one of the writers for it, and it features one of the most hate-able antagonists in all media.
Nathaniel Adam was framed for the murder of a superior officer in 1968, and offered to take part in a science experiment for a full pardon (if he survived).
Major Eiling oversaw his tribunal and the science experiment. They covered Adam in a metallic sheet and detonated a nuke under him. He disappeared, but so did all traces of radiation.
Eighteen years later, a blob appears in a flash of light and lands on a US airforce base. General Wade Eiling hears it speaking, and realizes that it is Nathaniel Adam. He sedates him, and sticks him on a spaceship that is about to launch.
Adam survives this, and learns that eighteen years has passed, and it is 1987. His young son and daughter are now adults. He himself has not aged (though his hair turned white), so he is only a few years biologically older than his kids.
He also learns that his wife has died. But before her death, she married a young Wade Eiling, and Eiling has raised Nathaniel's kids by telling them how much of a traitor their father was.
Eiling and Reagan refuse to honor the pardon agreement, and force Adam to work for them as super hero secretly sponsored by the government.
If you have read Suicide Squad, it has the same kind of tone as that, and is filled with plenty of twists and turns..

>literal cuck shit

reposting from the solicits thread

>buy immortal hulk tpb
>now they annouch a hardcover
>i'm double dipping on a Hulk book

insane. Ewing is too good

youtube.com/watch?v=byDiILrNbM4

I dunno if DC is still doing them but they've done pretty much everything else Fourth World in TPB form. Maybe it's still coming.

Also, can I get a rate? And maybe some recommendations on where to start with GL and Flash? I plan on starting to read them after I pick up and read Hellboy and Sandman

Already made my trade buys for the month

Which is your favorite edition of Dragon Ball?

I hope so. New Gods and Jimmy Olsen are my next buys some months down the line. FP'd bd a great add

Attached: 2019-03-17 20_opt.jpg (800x521, 67K)

>do you know if I’d need to read previous books first?
“Need?” No but you absolutely should check it out, it’s fantastic!

>>The Borgias
>>by Alejandro Jodorowsky and Milo Manara | Aug 27, 2019
damn, I should have flipped my books
Wednesday starts the new sexy series, picking this up as soon as I can make it out there

Attached: sunstone mercy.jpg (313x475, 43K)

>flipped my books
What did he mean by this

Bought cheap, sold high

>damn, I should have flipped my books
You might be able to still. Not everyone will have seen that.

I hate to say it, but tl;dr. I don't really need a plot synopsis, I want to know what makes it a comic worth reading. Only your last line really helps.

That said, I'm a sucker for old newsprint, so I'll give it a shot.

I flipped my Simonson Thor Omni the day the new one was announced.

true....though since my copies are the original hardcover single issues so they might hold their value anyway. I'll look into it though

I enjoy this. Autism for niche characters is as valid a reason as any and actually more convincing as a fellow autist.

Don't bother with it. It's shit, and that long-ass summary is just the first boring issue.
>muh dead wife
>muh kids raised by the man who sentenced me to death
>muh exploding powers

Attached: 371C0B25-7AFA-4A85-9ABB-0C6FFBE74BB8.jpg (2078x3888, 3.13M)

Release wise? I mean, they all have their faults b because Viz refuses to releases it uncensored or re-do their kinda okayish translation. I thing the Viz Big's are the best. They're big, paper quality is good, and you get the most consistent censoring (which, isn't a plus, mind you.) The Full Color's would be up there, but Viz only did the Saiyan and Freeza stuff. Probably because Gerard Jones, the guy that did the "English Adaption" got arrested for cp.

>Bendis Guardians
>Waypool
>New X-Men

Attached: trash.gif (390x293, 3.21M)

what the fuck is needed to be censored in Dragon Ball? Excuse me if this is a pleb question

The biggest one is Popo's lips. There's also the nudity, like when Bulma's breasts are shown early on in the series. They still TO THIS DAY censor Mr. Satan to Hercule even though fucking Funimation doesn't even do that anymore. So you get Satan City being called Herculopolis.

Also, just some weird translation choices too, but that's a whole other bag of worms.

those all seem like really small things to care about...I mean, does that really need to be censored?

Was everyone able to get their Savage Sword variant before they sold out?

Attached: Screenshot_20190319_123333.jpg (1080x989, 140K)

The Popo's lips thing is because Carole Boston Weatherford complained about it like she did with Jynx. The nudity thing mainly started because a dad bought a Dragon Ball comic (not sure if it was the old issues that Viz did or the volumes) and saw the nudity and complained. This was also a problem in school libraries that carried manga. Mr. Satan is obviously to not get into trouble with all the religious nuts

>not making two different $50 orders for free shipping on both and the extra 2% off the second

>the Boys omnibus vol 1
Is that a Dark Horse sized omni, or a marvel/dc one in page count?

376 pages

be honest /shelf/ have you ever bought something and felt you got ripped off after?

I got 2 of them. ;)

What are you saying about New XMen?

its a shame theyre bringing Manhattan into the mainline DC universe, id rather watchmen be its own thing and have captain atom be the guy who was behind new 52 and rebirth.

I paid $600 for a cel that never came, I felt ripped off after.

what is the worst comic youve ever read, /shelf/?

for me its a tie between dark knight 2 and kelly sue deconnicks run on cap marvel

New X-Men is like one of the clearest examples ever of Morrison just comically missing the whole damn point of a work he's been given to do.

one more day

this New X-Men is massively over rated and Quietly completely shits the bed on this books (besides the one issue of Emma and Jean in Xavier's head), so much so that EVS looks like the best artist on the book. The whole asspull with Magneto being Xorn the whole time is fucking laughable.

Not to say it didn't have good ideas, the Cuckoos were pretty great. But holy shit is it over rated as fuck.

shit, that's brutal....what cel?

>for me its a tie between dark knight 2 and kelly sue deconnicks run on cap marvel
oh come on...have you never been to a Storytime of Pain?

ghibli cel

I was disappointing they ran out of umbrella academy. Still got my Goon, which was my main reason for going.

Attached: sketch-1553048964975~2.jpg (1085x1080, 284K)

no...

Off Panel just did an hour interview with Erik, seems a cool dude. Apparently he is just getting too old and tired to do the book himself now though, so he is bringing in other people to help. How do you feel about that?

hamiltonbook.com/absolute-joker-luther
I don't really give a shit about these stories, but you might.
$30 for the set.

I read all of Earth 2, and World's End, and all of Convergence.
This was a mistake both on my part, and DC's for putting it on paper.
Might get the Convergence Tie ins if I see them for cheap. they were decent at worst.

Phoenix Max

Oh snap I didnt realize this had come out already

>convergence
>april to may 2015

>This event marks the return of DC characters and timelines from before the 2011 "Flashpoint" storyline that led to the creation of The New 52 Universe.

what the fuck? is continuity in contemporary DC a joke? i thought flashpoint created the n52 universe and doomsday clock explained the creation of dc rebirth...am i retarded?

You are retarded, but that's besides the point, convergence was the first DC attempt to bring back some post- crisis elements, it didn't work so they made Rebirth to bring back all the old continuity

old continuity meaning post-crisis?

Yes

Just read it. It was cool a lot of reference to old issues. Goon punching the guy in the exact same pose and the kid with the duck
>Apparently he is just getting too old and tired to do the book himself now though, so he is bringing in other people to help. How do you feel about that?
I'm okay with it. I think Eric will at least draw the line at shit Goon wouldn't do. But they're are changes, for one new big bad is a vampire gangster and Eric has always shown he hates vampires. So different. Also Nigel has a zombie crew so that's cool "Wormpies"

Attached: sketch-1553050330583~2.jpg (1920x766, 498K)

christ

Here's how Convergence worked.
Right before any of the various reboots and related crises happened, Brainaic would bottle a city or two and put everyone in it under a power suppression field.
So you end up with 90's Superboy fighting Kingdom Come Superman, Harley Quinn fighting Captain Carrot, and circa Zero Hour Parallax vs Princess Fern of Electropolis, among other crazy shit. The excuse for this is that Brainiac says he'll let the winner live.

The main event was hot garbage, just utter dogshit. I can be satisfied after reading some Storytime of Pain stuff and say, "you know, it wasn't that bad". But not Convergence.
All the tie ins were decent at worst, fucking fantastic at best.

It's also were Jon Kent was born.

Yes

jesus christ almighty, why not make that an elseworlds comic?

at least dan didio can say that wasnt canon

They had a month to kill during the move from New York to California.

writing: Nemesis, Mark Millar
art: Extremis, Adi Granov
overall: The Just, from Multiversity.. I can't explain why I just really fucking hate it.
also: Trouble, Mark Millar

Attached: ggblergh.jpg (270x289, 36K)

I have the entire weekly series and I hate myself for it. I'd sell it if it was worth anything. lol

>I can't explain why I just really fucking hate it.
I kinda get it. The writing's good, and the art's nice, and the point comes across well.
But you just absolutely hate everyone in the chapter, like you're watching MTV.

Find a used bookstore and trade them.

repostan but added those two DC.
Seller of B.P.R.D. vol.2 offered me a 50% refund so I ordered JLA. vol. 4.

I discovered a youtube channel recently Pipoca & Nanquim and man i'm really envious of the volume of publishing you got there in argieland we are stuck with awful editions of DC and Marvel.

fuck

Attached: 1545424228005.jpg (1024x2124, 864K)

/shelf/ what do you do when you are borde? pic may or may not be related

Attached: 1505810433063.png (1024x1024, 807K)

draw something from the last comic I've read

insert 100 comments of
>draw me my fetish
seriously would you draw me my fetish :^)

nice bprd

Im freaking out here anons, so DC release volumes of silver age comic books and i wanted to buy Captain Marvel one i seen at my lcs. Next week when i got my paycheck i went to my lcs and it was gone which wasnt the problem because of course someone will buy it no biggie. The problem is when i went online to look for a site to buy it the book doesn't seem to exist. I looked everywhere and not a shred of evidence proves it exist which is weird because i held it in my hands!!! Now i found out DC released Doom Patrol silver age vol. 2 and its sold out AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH WTF GOD STOP BULLYING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1548306352113.jpg (361x370, 19K)

Are you sure you're not talking about Shazam Archives or Golden Age?

You probably haven’t even read waypool and are just bandwagonning.

>DC
>Captain Marvel

Wish I had the talent for drawing, I'd spend all my time drawing cute girls with ornate cyborg limbs hanging out in dilapidated, overgrown gothic ruins surrounded by deep sea creatures that swim through the air because fuck you that's why.

Have you spoken to the people at the store? They might remember what book it was.

I’ve never come across someone so hopelessly confused.

DC can’t legally call Shazam “Captain Marvel” since like the 70’s. Also, it’s no surprise that when you search for Captain Marvel all you’re seeing is Marvel stuff...there’s this thing called a “movie” and it’s in theaters right now. It’s kind of getting all the attention. Search Shazam you nitwit.

Doom Patrol oSilver Age only has the Omnibus (one and done) and the first volume of the softcover. Volume 2 isn’t out yet. No idea why anyone would bother with the flimsy soft covers when the Omnibus is a stand-alone masterpiece though.

God isn’t bullying you, you’re just a sperg.

Read that I own? Littlest Zombie Summer Special.

Have a personal vendetta on this comic.
I love the Littlest Zombie series. It's a fun little comedy/horror by Fred Perry that sadly only had about a trade's worth of content. So when I saw years later a one-shot special I was so excited I bought 2 copies (one to give away to friends and spread the word of how fun this series is).
BUT once I got home I found out what I bought was a terribly drawn series of pages with no coherent plot or even page to page connection with empty speech bubbles, and these pages were given to Fred Perry so he could just improvize a plot/dialog to fill them in like a shitty Mad Libs.

Attached: litzomb_V003_N001_large (1).jpg (309x480, 35K)

I remember this. A baffling mess

>book I want is cheapest on Amazon
>comes from Amazon themselves
>only three left
Wish me luck. I swear if they fuck me on this

Godspeed and so on user

Order an omnibus with the book you want or order two or three regular hardcovers. They should pack that shit up in a good box

if you buy several things especially expensive things amazon policy at the warehouses allow them time to pack it right. if you buy a single item it doesn't...

never buy a book by itself.

That's unfortunately not an option since I've already got a hefty IST order out. I'm way over budget as it is.
I wish I could combine it with my Berserk Deluxe order but the price has gone up since I ordered it and I'm afraid this book selling before then.

I was implying that you're supposed to send the rest back as soon as you get your book in a good condition

kek
Never would have assumed that.

>DC can’t legally call Shazam “Captain Marvel” since like the 70’s.
They were calling hum Captain Marvel up until 2012, or whenever Johns introduced him in New 52.
And still after that in Multiversity: Thunderworld.
And STILL after that during Convergence.

I only read the first issue but that was enough: The Unfunnies
The worst I ever paid money for was Ody-C by Fraction

I honestly don't understand why people sperg out so much about the name thing. I grew up on the name being Captain Marvel but I feel as if Shazam is a lot more memorable and unique. Captain Marvel feels generic and outdated as fuck.

Tell one good reason to read waypool.

Why everyone have goon library?

Is the user I responded to with this still here? Wondering if this helped you understand at all.

because its good?

everybody has hellboy and that sucks donkey dick

Electric Warriors has really grown on my lately but apparently the trade has already been cancelled even though the damn comic isn't even finished yet?